Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-26, 11:22   Link #821
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Saya in Saya's mom...

Those who know TRC will no doubt shudder at the significance of those words...
Old 2011-08-26, 13:26   Link #822
YuriEcchiGirl

OMG this amazing new series by Clamp totally rocks & then some! Am really loving it so much!
Old 2011-08-26, 13:35   Link #823
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's only a matter of time now before TRC Syaoran/Sakura or Miyuki-chan appear on screen. My mind would then officially be blown.
Old 2011-08-26, 17:06   Link #824
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Watched, and enjoyed, much of Card Captor Sakura. Also liked (and finished) Magic Knight Rayearth, and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Tried xxxHolic, but never really got into it.

I haven't seen everything CLAMP's done though. My familiarity with CLAMP is pretty much due to my fondness for magical girl properties in general.
Spoiler for CLAMP gossip:

I agree with Kanon in that I really and I mean REALLY hate the involvement of magic - especially from CLAMP's previous works - in this show. Hopefully it doesn't change the details much but I really really want a show that would continue with the feel of TLV. Mature, dark and gritty. I didn't expect Blood C to be it but I hope they don't turn it into just another CLAMP work with Saya in it.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:39   Link #825
Dop
Mmmm....

Yay, Watanuki as a dog!

I wasn't expecting that, but hey, it's the CLAMPverse, and EVERYTHING is connected!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 18:49   Link #826
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why the hell did Watanuki wait till he became a talking animal mascot character to stop being a big spaz?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 19:50   Link #827
Reikatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Yay, Watanuki as a dog!

I wasn't expecting that, but hey, it's the CLAMPverse, and EVERYTHING is connected!
I wasn't either. It was an odd, but interesting twist, but at the same time I'm kind of disappointed by it because I was hoping it would be an independent work for the BLOOD series on its own. Whatever though. Production I.G. owns the rights to the BLOOD franchise and the anime version of xxxHolic, so they can pick whoever they want to write for them and a crossover would legally be plausible without much problem or fuss over copyright and jurisdiction.

Spoiler for BLOOD-C theories:

Also, I submit this picture for your own interpretation:
http://tatsuhisasuzuki.sakura.ne.jp/...7/DVC00031.jpg

It was taken by the voice actor for Tokizane when the cast and production staff went out on an outing together. They went to a pizza place downstairs from the location they went to and signed the wall. CLAMP evidently wasn't with them considering the date they signed was in March whereas the cast signed in July, but my first reaction in seeing this was "Why's Yuuko and Mokona there and what does she have to do with BLOOD-C?" I'm supposing the staff might have gone their with CLAMP earlier in the year for the planning of the series, so maybe that's how that picture happened, but who knows. It'll be interesting to see if there is a connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why the hell did Watanuki wait till he became a talking animal mascot character to stop being a big spaz?
Spoiler for xxxHolic stuff:
Reikatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 21:20   Link #828
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You guys make papa so proud. @_@
Old 2011-08-26, 22:57   Link #829
Xagzan

If knowledge of other Clamp series is gonna be a requirement for following the plot here, or they make it a crossover, I'm out. I have zero idea what you guys are talking about Watanuki, Yuuko, etc and don't feel like finding a bunch of other series just to watch this one.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 23:13   Link #830
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

@Xagzan: Just look up a basic summary of xxxHolic, basically the story revolves around a shop that grants people's wishes at a price.

And, since several people have mentioned it, does anyone have a translation for the opening song? Since NicoNico doesn't sub it I think it's safe to ask, especially since apparently it's rather important here.....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 23:21   Link #831
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And, since several people have mentioned it, does anyone have a translation for the opening song? Since NicoNico doesn't sub it I think it's safe to ask, especially since apparently it's rather important here.....
You should try Doki, even though they misunderstand the second french part of the song (they put "Apocalypse for me to know" where the singer says "L'apocalypse maintenant", which means "The apocalypse right now")
Old 2011-08-27, 01:23   Link #832
User165949
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
@Xagzan: Just look up a basic summary of xxxHolic, basically the story revolves around a shop that grants people's wishes at a price.
and the tone of the show manages to be both bittersweet and eerie and funny and warm, all of the leads are basically respectable people,

that's why the involvement of Watanuki Kimihiro,

and possibly a certain tall and very beautiful dark haired woman with an attitude similar to the teacher (indeed, several aspects of her role resemble Yuuko's),

are regarded by some of us as very good news to the show, if they manage to influence the mood.

To people that don't know about XXXHolic and don't have time to watch it:

I'd suggest to watch Xxxholic and Xxxholic Kei OPs can get the gist of the mood of that show.

It'll take 3 minutes only.

btw, indeed (someone else pointed that out before me) the simlarly haired Himawarichaaaaaan! is vaguely reminiscent of this Saya "role", with her always suffering

-------

TRC, well, I'm going to be not accurate, in order to say only what could be relevant to blood-c:

Syaoran and Sakura are deeply in love with each other since - well - forever, they trust each other in an absolute way, and they need each other presence as if they were a vital part of each other.

And "of course" they seem destined to just "somewhat meet" and never stay together in an accomplished way.

Their story cross dimensions, parallel worlds in which "same-soul" people can be found (e.g. some character in dimension A could be "basically the same thing" as another character in dimension B).

TRC and Xxxholic are very strongly bound together, but I won't go into the details.

I'll just mention one side fact that might pop up in Blood-C : Yuuko - how can I say it, she's been a mentor to Watanuki for a very long time - is often called the Dimensional Witch.

Last edited by User165949; 2011-08-27 at 02:06.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 01:41   Link #833
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
and the tone of the show manages to be both bittersweet and eerie and funny and warm, all of the leads are basically respectable people, that's why the involvement of Watanuki Kimihiro, and possibly a certain tall and very beautiful dark haired woman with an attitude similar to the teacher (indeed, several aspects of her role resemble Yuuko's), are regarded by some of us as very good news to the show, if they manage to influence the mood.
I fail to see how the involvement of xxxholic's characters in this series could be a good thing. For instance, the involvement of magical elements is already a concern, since a signature feature of the Blood franchise has always been the lack of mysticism; everything preternatural was always explained trough science. Going the fantasy rote now is baffling for me.

More than that so, I just would hate to see them using Blood as an excuse to showcase Clamp's usual set of characters. I understand this is Clamp, but is Blood first and foremost, or so it should be. If I wanted to see Watanuki I'd go watch xxxholic.
Old 2011-08-27, 02:21   Link #834
User165949
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For instance, the involvement of magical elements is already a concern, since a signature feature of the Blood franchise has always been the lack of mysticism
I definitely agree.

But personally I can't consider Blood-C a "true" Blood series anymore.

If it is, then it looks as an almost complete and unrecoverable failure.

Therefore, we could pretend this is not Blood, and enjoy the show for what delivers weekly, and hope that some kind of blood transfusion (sic) from other series might revive it where it's lacking.

Quote:
I understand this is Clamp, but is Blood first and foremost, or so it should be.
This should have been it, but it's not.

As I said elsewhere, I fear that not only it's a severely flawed Blood show, but ultimately could impair the Blood franchise. I'd like to see more Blood renditions in future, but if this one sinks commercially and damage the franchise, we can forget our hopes about it.

As a series, it's not that unbearable, but calling it "Blood" was probably - in retrospect - possibly a horribly wrong choice.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 02:54   Link #835
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Like the new blood series and all but gotta say miss the vampires all though i guess those elder whatevers..? are ok too
Old 2011-08-27, 03:09   Link #836
YuriEcchiGirl

Just like X, Blood-C is definately a lot more graphic in it's violent content this time around
Old 2011-08-27, 03:13   Link #837
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
More than that so, I just would hate to see them using Blood as an excuse to showcase Clamp's usual set of characters. I understand this is Clamp, but is Blood first and foremost, or so it should be. If I wanted to see Watanuki I'd go watch xxxholic.
At the end of the day this is CLAMP's Blood C, so they can do what they want with it.
Old 2011-08-27, 03:21   Link #838
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day this is CLAMP's Blood C, so they can do what they want with it.
That wasn't the point.
Old 2011-08-27, 05:03   Link #839
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That wasn't the point.
You're saying Blood should come first, though the point i'm making is that it always depends on the creator behind the project. CLAMP should be allowed to do what they want.
Old 2011-08-27, 05:52   Link #840
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're saying Blood should come first, though the point i'm making is that it always depends on the creator behind the project. CLAMP should be allowed to do what they want.
You don't understand what I'm getting at. Blood is already an established franchise, known for certain kind of characters and storylines. No matter who you are, if you want to do a Blood series, instead of an original work, you got to keep that in mind. For instance, Blood+ was pretty different from the original BTLV but still presented the main characteristics that makes a Blood series Blood. Right now Blood-C, on the other hand, is a Blood series in name only. It has nothing to do with anything Blood.

That said, I agree with wxyz that it's probably a good thing for this series to become TRC or Holic 2, or whatever, since it already failed as a Blood series.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-08-27 at 13:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.