Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 10:02   Link #861
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Actually, on rereading Solace's post, he does come off with a rather condescending tone and Saya's definitely not just another girl in school uniform killing monsters - not so even if he followed nothing but the movie because the movie treats her with enough respect in whatever little characterization it provides. That is a pretty big deal.
I haven't read the novels or played the game. I've seen/read everything else. I did over generalize a bit; mainly on character specifics and back story. It probably did come across a bit mean because of that. I still stand by what I said, but I apologize for the tone.

What set me off on that tangent was that the majority of the complaints I have seen go something like this:

1. It's not a direct prequel or sequel of <insert version of Blood person liked>
2. It's CLAMP. It automatically sucks because of that.
3. It's not following the "rules" of the other Blood stories. Magic? Unpossible.
4. The usual nitpicking about any series (characters, art, plot, etc). I have to mention this or I'm sure someone will comment otherwise.

It wasn't obvious that Blood-C was going to be very different from the other Blood titles from the first few episodes? It wasn't obvious that any connections to the other titles would be loose at best? It wasn't obvious that CLAMP would put their own spin on it much like any other studio would?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
What Blood+ retains from the original is IMO the most important aspects of it:

1) the "vampires" are not magical creatures.

2) the monster-like chiropterans are not the real ones, but genetically engineered ones.

3) a down to earth backdrop, with some mild political and social themes.
1. It hasn't been stated one way or another if they are magical in Blood-C

2. We have zero explanation of what the Elder Bairns are, and we have flashbacks of Saya killing chiropterans. There is hinting of experiments, but we don't know the details.

3. This is absent from Blood-C, but in its place we have a screwed up town that can clean up battle scenes and keep deaths quiet even if they take place in broad daylight with many people watching. This suggests some kind of group organization.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:40   Link #862
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It wasn't obvious that Blood-C was going to be very different from the other Blood titles from the first few episodes? It wasn't obvious that any connections to the other titles would be loose at best? It wasn't obvious that CLAMP would put their own spin on it much like any other studio would?
I think all this questions have been answered by anyone complaining about this series long ago. But meh, personally, I already said I'm not complaining about Blood-C anymore because I don't consider it a Blood series anymore. So let just hope the series won't suck overall, and stop the pointless discussion right here.
Old 2011-08-28, 14:35   Link #863
User165949
Disabled By Request

one very minor thing just to confirm some details about TLV and + :

it's true that no thing (in the case of B+, no definite thing) was said about the origin of the "monsters" - and if information wasn't there we cannot pretend it is - but one thing sets the landscape clear and allow you to guess better: they are not, even once iirc, called vampires

vampires have frequently are "non-living, non-dead" and have a non rational reason to exist, but there they're always called just chiroptera (sort of "bats") and that's it. even the light-sensitive siths are never referred as vampires, but instead manifactured by men.

in contrast, up until now, nobody referred to Saya as either vampire or chiropteran, and we got just some vague reference to blood thirst of her (even though blood seem to come plentiful at high pressure from everywhere )

indeed that the organization might be the only thing retained from the blood franchise - along with the existence of the lead character

we lack the involvment of the US till now, too.

btw, in TRC (and therefore in xxxholic) vampires do exist, but I don't recall anything about the reason of their existence, so I cannot comment about it; maybe some of you guys are more knowledgeable about it

Last edited by User165949; 2011-08-28 at 14:47.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 15:04   Link #864
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
it's true that no thing (in the case of B+, no definite thing) was said about the origin of the "monsters" - and if information wasn't there we cannot pretend it is
Actually the TLV manga finally reveals the origin of both the "monsters" and Saya.

Quote:
in contrast, up until now, nobody referred to Saya as either vampire or chiropteran, and we got just some vague reference to blood thirst of her (even though blood seem to come plentiful at high pressure from everywhere )
This is interesting because in the TLV continuity Saya doesn't have blood thirst. She's "made" that way (you know, part of the secret of her origin and all).

Quote:
btw, in TRC (and therefore in xxxholic) vampires do exist, but I don't recall anything about the reason of their existence, so I cannot comment about it; maybe some of you guys are more knowledgeable about it
Yeah, I remember they turned Kamui and Subaru into vampires for TRC. That was pretty out there but TRC was that kinda series lol.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:31   Link #865
xomq

Anyone knows what play in ep2 ~18:30 before battle?
xomq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 14:32   Link #866
User165949
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually the TLV manga finally reveals the origin of both the "monsters" and Saya.
warukatta, I haven't read it yet ;-) is it canon (for TLV)?

Quote:
This is interesting because in the TLV continuity Saya doesn't have blood thirst.
indeed, nothing is for certain about the thirst even in b-c; maybe I'm misunderstanding the image of Saya kneeling down with the face pretty close to the blood pool.
Old 2011-08-29, 15:36   Link #867
Kazu-kun

Quote:
warukatta, I haven't read it yet ;-) is it canon (for TLV)?
Yes, Production IG's CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa said in an interview the game and manga are canon continuations from the movie.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-08-29 at 15:54.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 15:56   Link #868
Slick_rick

I have no problem with fact that blood C deviated from the rest of the blood franchise, honestly. I have a problem with the fact that it's not a very good show to begin with. It had no direction the first 4 episodes and was reminiscent of Haruhi's endless 8 just less entertaining and more shallow. The story has of yet to give much deep to any of the characters with the exception being perhaps Saya, but even that is very little since most of her actions seemed guided by a drug induced naivety. Fumito is probably the only interesting character because he's so creepy at times. My enjoyment has risen these past couple episodes because of the prospects of more "main" characters dying in horrible way. It might be the only way to save this show, imho.

If this was a good show then I believe people would have easily over looked the differences as long as it added something positive to the franchise. It could still turn into a decent and watchable show but I seriously doubt anything more than that and possibly a whole lot less than that is probable.
Old 2011-08-30, 13:56   Link #869
User165949
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
"main" characters dying in horrible way. It might be the only way to save this show
the other being a naked Yuuko, of course
Old 2011-08-30, 17:04   Link #870
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am predicting more eye ball related violence ahead... like many of CLAMPS previous works
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:15   Link #871
miss-deep
mogu mogu

This is from the previous page but there were three BTLV light novels, Kazu-kun, not two. While the novels aren't necessarily essential to the BTLV canon, they do flesh out a considerable number of details in ways the game and manga do not. Fujisaku's two novels also give insight to his take on the franchise, much of which has been subsequently reflected in his work on B+ and even Blood-C. While Blood-C deviates in a number of ways from previous Blood titles, some of its thematic concerns are consistent with Fujisaku's prior examinations of the franchise. Just because Blood-C lacks the same window dressing as BTLV and Blood+ doesn't mean it is completely divorced from the thematic concepts integral to the previous series. I'm still waiting to hear from you about Kamiyama's role in the BTLV manga, by the way.

Actual Blood-C content:

Spoiler for October Shounen Ace Character Pic:

Last edited by miss-deep; 2011-08-31 at 13:30.
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:45   Link #872
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-deep View Post
Actual Blood-C content:

;_;, is that who I think it is?
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:59   Link #873
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
;_;, is that who I think it is?
And he's lookin' mighty fine.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:04   Link #874
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Erm, who is it? A character from one of the other Blood series? (PM me if you can't post it in the thread)

And ANN has some interviews with a few of the staff memebers.

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2011-09-01 at 10:44.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:30   Link #875
EroKing

Episode 8

>Watanuki staring at naked Saya.

also dat hair

best scene from this week.

With so much blood in this one episode alone (stupid censoring) you will probably forget about the C part now

Saya "I will not let anyone else die!"
Yea that pretty much confirms everyone is gonna die >.>
Old 2011-09-01, 14:43   Link #876
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Does anyone know what time the new episode usually gets uploaded to NicoNico?
We've haven't got many episodes left, but, based on today it shows up around 12:00 PM Pacific Time. I happened to check at ~12:06 today and the episode had only 16 views.

Anyway, ep. 8 was good, I guess. Tokizane was shown struggling with Saya's denseness just like any other man, so I guess he might just be a schoolboy after all. More importantly, it looks like the entire class or so is gonna be killed. lol, looking forward to the next episode.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:43   Link #877
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 8

>Watanuki staring at naked Saya.

also dat hair

best scene from this week.

With so much blood in this one episode alone (stupid censoring) you will probably forget about the C part now
Blood? Like... from the nose?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:44   Link #878
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-deep View Post
Actual Blood-C content:

Who is this?
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:47   Link #879
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 8
Saya "I will not let anyone else die!"
Yeah, after 1/4 of her classmates is killed, lol.
Old 2011-09-01, 14:48   Link #880
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Who is this?
Looks like the cafe guy to me. Hair is a different color that's all.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.