AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-04, 23:43   Link #761
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouvea View Post

How about this for a turn-around scenario. Miria powers up and defeats Hysteria. However, unlike Clare, whom Jean saved at the cost of her own life, she awakens. The Ghosts arrive just shortly afterwards and see this overwhelming AB. They attack it and Tabitha seals the deal. As she kills her mentor, she realizes whom she has attacked. In the throws of despair and guilt, she begins to awaken but kills herself before completely awakening.
Sounds good to me. Get it done Yagi
Old 2011-09-05, 00:45   Link #762
Gooral
Banned

I've mentioned about this possibility here but I wouldn't like it at all. It could work once but again it would lack impact IMO because it would show that Yagi is out of new ideas. Also Tabitha should notice who this AB is, she doesn't suck at sensing as much as Miria. Like I said in one of my firsts posts in this thread, I doubt Miria will awaken. If anything she will be killed before it happens. But the way Yagi is leading the story now I also doubt it will happen. It looks like no one important will die.
Old 2011-09-05, 03:25   Link #763
little_angel
Watching From Above

ok i think you might already discussed this but what did roxanne mean by "that's something i didn't need" ? she didn't need it to be hidden(unknown to other warriors) or she didn't need the technique ?
Old 2011-09-05, 07:16   Link #764
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Tabitha, of all the characters in claymore, she is by far the biggest tool.
or the biggest stupid character in claymore. She lost time to go to the org( by going to the yoma factory) and lost the surprise attack on them as deneve said. Also, gala said that she was already dead, so time was in the essence.

Thabita is not even half awakened, so I don’t even know why she would be a tool to start with. in 2 seconds 1 of those numbers 1 kills her.

Quote:
How about this for a turn-around scenario. Miria powers up and defeats Hysteria. However, unlike Clare, whom Jean saved at the cost of her own life, she awakens. The Ghosts arrive just shortly afterwards and see this overwhelming AB. They attack it and Tabitha seals the deal. As she kills her mentor, she realizes whom she has attacked. In the throws of despair and guilt, she begins to awaken but kills herself before completely awakening.
This is a dark manga where good guys also loose. Something too happy in the end without consequences when they are in hell would be too bleach. Is not a bad idea and would make thabita more human

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
ok i think you might already discussed this but what did roxanne mean by "that's something i didn't need" ? she didn't need it to be hidden(unknown to other warriors) or she didn't need the technique ?
I was talking that with jean claymore. She does not want this 1 and it seems because she is very proud person. So she decided not to copy that ability by pride and not because she decided that she would not need it ( like I was saying).

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=730
Old 2011-09-05, 08:41   Link #765
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Don't mean to sound rude.... since I love how dark this is but there is just no way the rest of the ghosts would just stand around when Tabitha would start to awaken. A yoki senor wouldn't even be required to save her since Tabitha could do the yoki alinging herself (or try to). Plus out of all the ghosts Deneve would be the most likely to save her due to there past fight (plus Deneve seems the type to risk running to save her even in a crazy fight (but based on how you set this up all the ghosts are opponent free))... and minus her head getting chopped off she can survive just about anything an awakening Tabitha could throw at ber.

Lets not forget that at that point there would only be two number ones left and Roxanne seems the type to sit back and watch what they'd do... and Cassandra is an idiot who only has a good technique so the ghosts and allies might stand a good chance against her especially with Roxanne sitting the fight out. Plus if they get a warning about Cassandra's technique they wouldn't get as caught off gaurd as Audreys group was.

That doesn't mean this couldn't happen but it seems unlikely.
Old 2011-09-05, 09:29   Link #766
su5so

After seeing the new chapter, I realized that claymore is not what it was. I remember when Rigardo appeared, he was really a lethal monster. However, hysteria could have killed him easy like she killed Miria if she had not exceeded hers limit. I think the tiers of claymore have gone too far. Which at first was a monster now is pathetically weak.

Thanks Goral for the splication of HA.
Old 2011-09-05, 10:20   Link #767
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
After seeing the new chapter, I realized that claymore is not what it was. I remember when Rigardo appeared, he was really a lethal monster. However, hysteria could have killed him easy like she killed Miria if she had not exceeded hers limit. I think the tiers of claymore have gone too far. Which at first was a monster now is pathetically weak.

Thanks Goral for the splication of HA.
You do realise that Rigardo was actually very powerful, but most of his opponents were claymore noobs who never even faught awakened beings before. In fact, the strongest warrior there was only ranked number six. Awakening makes you even stronger. Hence, Rigardo > Miria and everyone else.

However, the day was saved because Clare went over her limit and half awakened her limbs in order to draw enough demonic yoki and possibly Teresa's powers to destroy her opponent. (Though Rigardo only fought with one arm mind you.)

Rigardo isn't pathetically weak. He second only to Isley, Who's called an abyssal one for a reason. Don't forget that Rigardo had amazing speed (once again second only to Isley, who was a freak of nature as stated in the manga by Rigardo), Miria's phantom's were actually on pair with his movement thats pretty impressive as Miria's base speed was already very good. Rigardo was clearly miles ahead in power compared to the rest of those awakened that marched southwards. He completely owned everyone until Clare used her Teresa HA hax.

As for Hysteria killing Rigardo, i believe she would, and it makes sense.

Hysteria is definitely an above average number one, while Rigardo is assumed to be above average number two. Also we have to factorize in the fact that Rigardo is awakened and gets a lot of extra stats and blah blah, but never the less he has proven his speed is very impressive. He kept up with Clare's awakened legs speed fighting with only one arm, which was already much faster than mire's phantom. But Hysteria, a legendary number one warrior that possesses a technique that gave her speed that probably surpassed Isley. However, hysteria doesn't seem to be a very physically powerful warrior so her battle With Regardo would probably take a very long time, as she would have to continuously wound him until he bleeds to death.

But i don't get if Hysteria's elegant technique is so accurate, why doesn't she aim for Miria's neck?

Last edited by Demon6666; 2011-09-05 at 10:46. Reason: obvious typing errors recheck before bed
Old 2011-09-05, 11:15   Link #768
su5so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
Rigardo isn't pathetically weak. He second only to Isley, Who's called an abyssal one for a reason. Don't forget that Rigardo had amazing speed (once again second only to Isley, who was a freak of nature as stated in the manga by Rigardo), Miria's phantom's were actually on pair with his movement thats pretty impressive as Miria's base speed was already very good. Rigardo was clearly miles ahead in power compared to the rest of those awakened that marched southwards. He completely owned everyone until Clare used her Teresa HA hax.
As for Hysteria killing Rigardo, i believe she would, and it makes sense.
I'm not saying Rigardo be weak, but compared to the protagonists now, or with the number 1 revived, Rigardo is weak against them.

Quote:
But i don't get if Hysteria's elegant technique is so accurate, why doesn't she aim for Miria's neck?
Why can't Histerya slit throat's Miria? Well I think this is script, because if Histerya exceeded both Miria, (as said Miria) I think she could easily cut off her head, but as the script says Miria wins, obviously histerya can't cut head.

Now, if not more speed Hysteria (although I think she has more), the resistant will win, obviously Miria as to exceed her limit regenerates his wounds and restores her yoki. However Histerya gradually be depleted. This final for Histerya I don't like
Old 2011-09-05, 12:09   Link #769
SagaraSouske

Personally, I don't think Hysteria will defeat Rigardo or is faster then him. Hysteria has a more advanced version of phantom then Miria, so it is obvious phantom will not be able to work against her. It's not just a raw speed issue. While Hysteria is definitely much faster then Miria when using her technique, it does not mean when Rigardo can't hit Miria's phantom first is due to him being slower but rather haven't adapted the technique and thus didn't have the precision Hysteria has. Think of it this way. If Miria employ phantom and the movement was upper left of the original after image, Hysteria already know Miria will show up at upper left and thus use her superior technique to strike at Miria at the place she appears, where as Rigardo will be attacking the afterimage then go after upper left but by then the next phantom will be used and she will be somewhere else. Essentially, Hysteria can be a step ahead and does not need to be faster then Rigardo to hit Miria as long as she is faster then Miria. Rigardo can be much faster then Miria but until he adapt to her phantom, he still won't be able to hit her. But we saw how fast he did adapt and after that Phantom became completely useless.
Old 2011-09-05, 12:16   Link #770
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
I'm not saying Rigardo be weak, but compared to the protagonists now, or with the number 1 revived, Rigardo is weak against them.
I don't think you can call Rigardo weak, even compared to the revived 1's. He is one of the fastest beings ever in Claymore, we know for sure that the only people who are for sure more powerful are: Clare, Priscilla, Isley. Now I think that these number 1's COULD kill him, but I don't think it would be easy. His speed alone would make the fight long at least, and only Hysteria would be able to match/surpass his speed. His awareness also seems to be among the highest in the Claymore universe, evidenced by his ability to completely wreck any of the warriors that attack him while he was going after the captains.

Perhaps I'm wrong and he simply made a large impact on me because he was the first truly elite level being that the claymores faced. Although many of the warriors in the fight weren't very high rank, Miria in a group is as good as a no 1, and of course there is Clare, and we know how powerful she is.
Old 2011-09-05, 12:43   Link #771
su5so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
I don't think you can call Rigardo weak, even compared to the revived 1's. He is one of the fastest beings ever in Claymore, we know for sure that the only people who are for sure more powerful are: Clare, Priscilla, Isley. Now I think that these number 1's COULD kill him, but I don't think it would be easy. His speed alone would make the fight long at least, and only Hysteria would be able to match/surpass his speed. His awareness also seems to be among the highest in the Claymore universe, evidenced by his ability to completely wreck any of the warriors that attack him while he was going after the captains.

Perhaps I'm wrong and he simply made a large impact on me because he was the first truly elite level being that the claymores faced. Although many of the warriors in the fight weren't very high rank, Miria in a group is as good as a no 1, and of course there is Clare, and we know how powerful she is.
You're right, for example, Histerya not vanquish Rigardo instantly. But I emphasize is the fact that a claymore kill Rigardo (He in the past was truly lethal.) This simple fact (that a claymore can kill him) is what I meant by the "weak". Don't weak because she can kill him easily , but because she can kill him.
Old 2011-09-05, 12:51   Link #772
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
First I agree with you (for the most part), second as to the question...

Simple heads can't tell your name when they're no longer attached to there body. Hysteria is in a situation close to Priscilla needing info from Clare (until she remembered enough to seek her death) or when she cought Deneve and Helen but Clare was gone and she needed them to tell her where she went.

Hysteria will have to make a choice soon risk her life to recall or risk never learning her past but surviving. This assumes Miria is fast enough to keep up this game as was implied at the end of last chapter and Hysteria is still has a great enough control of her subtle movements (vs Miria's speed) to easily land a killing blow on Miria.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:01   Link #773
SagaraSouske

It's not Hysteria didn't aim for Miria's neck. Miria avoided it so that Hysteria's attack landed on a non vital spot instead - i.e. shoulders.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:03   Link #774
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Hysteria will have to make a choice soon risk her life to recall or risk never learning her past but surviving.
Ah, no. If she sticks her sword on miria is because she wants to kill her.

Maybe she never need to aim for the neck before and develop an attack at the chest that is more easy to hit because it is bigger than the neck. Like miria she can’t simple start to do different things whenever she wants.

SagaraSouske
It could be that too ( how about the 2 at the same time?)
Old 2011-09-05, 13:06   Link #775
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
It's not Hysteria didn't aim for Miria's neck. Miria avoided it so that Hysteria's attack landed on a non vital spot instead - i.e. shoulders.
But the cuts that landed on Miria's shoulders where vertical chops not horizontal slashes... I agree Miria did dodge there full effects but they didn't seem to be aimed at the head to begin with based on there attack angles.

Plus the opening attacks where lethal ones as implied by Hysteria's comment but after she learned Miria knows her name shes seemed more content with just wounding and toying with her... likely to question her after she defeats her. Would someone really aiming for a kill like Rigardo did waste time commenting that Miria is slowing down and wating for a reply rather then just comment it to herself and attack (once again like Rigardo did). Hysteria clearly hasn't been trying to kill her for a bit now... but that might soon change
Old 2011-09-05, 13:16   Link #776
Gooral
Banned

I've had an impression that Hysteria was seriously trying to kill her. I doubt that "Oh? The second one did not cause a fatal wound either?" was referring to her first two strikes only. IMO despite her great control she still wasn't fast enough to strike Miria before she activated her phantom, hence she didn't hit where she wanted. As for vertical slashes, Miria must have defended her neck/head with her sword and only sides of her body were left unguarded. On the other hand it was strange that it seemed she was doing the same thing as before once Miria sped up. The only difference was that Miria was also fast enough to injure her but she did not have lesser wound. But that might be explained with Yagi's way of drawing wounds nowadays. Lots of blood spraying everywhere while doing no damage... Where are scenes like that? Same amount of spray, completely different result.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:23   Link #777
Superb

Gooral, I hate that scene Poor Flora, she got killed way too soon. She was quickly becoming one of my favs
Old 2011-09-05, 13:24   Link #778
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Oh come on.. she maybe be forgetting her past but few are foolish enough to bable for long periods of time while there opponent was just smashed into a wall and is defenseless. She even waits for Miria to make the first move and comments she's getting bored. Is that the mark of someone out for blood (especially if they dont torment/torture the opponent too like Ophelia would). She's clearly hoping to get something out of Miria once she can no longer keep attacking her... and her name would be the logicial conclusion.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:26   Link #779
Gooral
Banned

In that case why wasn't she going for Miria's legs or arms (or try to make her harmless in some other way) but every time ended up attacking her shoulders?
Old 2011-09-05, 13:35   Link #780
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
In that case why wasn't she going for Miria's legs or arms (or try to make her harmless in some other way) but every time ended up attacking her shoulders?
You try hitting a phantoms limbs ...

Better to aim for the chest and not penetrate too deep if you do. I mean come on, how many times would the manga have been simplified by aiming for the limbs when trying to kill someone too.