AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-20, 23:06   Link #401
yuzen003

That was relatively civil, Nozomi could take Kouta apart without breaking a sweat so I'm just a little surprised she's (basically) just talking to him. Kouta has already shown severe lapses in judgement as a parent, so is he suddenly going to become a competent single father because he’s actually going to try now?
If this was in real life the state should swoop in and give custody to the grandparents as neither the mother or father would be a reliable guardian.
Old 2011-09-20, 23:35   Link #402
solomon

You make good points dude, about Kouta and what would happen in the RL.

Anyways, I remember how jarring it was when the story got all heavy around the 30s.

But I am rereading it now and like it even more. Why because normally these characters (Tae, Sousuke, Haruka) would still stay rather archetype-ish and focus on just the Nozomi Kouta and Kanau situation, but they give GREAT depth to all these characters.

Whats more it's a great look into a less clean and tidy version of family life in Japan, along with an Otaku's (or any misfits) place in society and deals with it tactfully, passionately and with depth.

Although Nozomi's character is rather hard to take seriously.....
Old 2011-09-21, 00:46   Link #403
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I don't even care anymore. The past five chapters have sucked any enjoyment and value Ihad for most anyone in this story. Just end it, please.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-09-21, 01:21   Link #404
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well i have liked this series from the start, the only thing that wasnt easy to swallow was tae married with the mangaka, but even so this series has been absurd from the start so not really a let down.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:25   Link #405
henwy

It was certainly an unexpected twist but if there's anything I've learned it's that the Japanese can pull a Hikaru Genji plan out of nowhere
Old 2011-10-18, 03:11   Link #406
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 63 (end):
Old 2011-10-18, 03:20   Link #407
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 63 (end):
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-18, 03:21   Link #408
Xacual

Quote:
Spoiler for 63 (end):
Spoiler for Ending:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-10-18, 04:59   Link #409
Aesthetic Shampoo

I re-read chapter 60, so I'm assuming that one panel of black is meant to be the implied sex. I wouldn't even have noticed if not for above post. In any case, worst implied sex ever, so unclear.
Old 2011-10-18, 05:34   Link #410
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
OMG They have sex in ch 60, i thought at first it's only kiss.
And Kouta have good luck , cause he only needed have sex once with Nozomi & Haruka to produce a child.

but truthfully i prefer Kouta stay as single parent
Next : Otaku no Musuko-san ?
Old 2011-10-18, 06:51   Link #411
konart

Quote:
Spoiler for 63 (end):
Spoiler for 63:
Old 2011-10-18, 07:12   Link #412
ZODDGUTS

Really wish the author hadn't pull things out of he's ass in the last half of the series. There still could have been drama if he had Nozomi returned for Kanau and when Kouta would try to get together with Nozomi to make a happy end for Kanau but she turns him down saying that she no longer has feelings for him and has moved on. Now she'll be taking Kanau back and leaving. Bam there's your drama dealing with the fall out of that. No stupid crazy bitch Nozomi twist nor secret 2nd child either. Instead the author went with the crazy twists out of nowhere like he did with the manager trying to troll the readers. I enjoyed the first half of the series but the 2nd half was nothing more than a huge troll. Ending itself wasn't bad, it was all those ass pulls by the author that ruined this series for so many.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:38   Link #413
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
I re-read chapter 60, so I'm assuming that one panel of black is meant to be the implied sex. I wouldn't even have noticed if not for above post. In any case, worst implied sex ever, so unclear.
Well I'm surprised no one noticed it to be honest. Kouta was sweating, laying on his back, and his pants were down.

Also if no one noticed it, check out the cover page of chapter 60. It makes a lot of sense after this chapter.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-10-18, 10:42   Link #414
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Better than me. I didn't even realize it until you just said it.
Old 2011-10-18, 11:29   Link #415
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I felt like I just get hit in the face by feces as I was trying to eat my pie.
Old 2011-10-18, 11:53   Link #416
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The ending was great for me. At least both Kanau and Kouta at last have their good ending, not exactly like Kanau wanted but it still works great for both of them and people around them. Except for those kids on Kanau's elementary school maybe XD

Little bit inconsistent IMO with Kanau changed her family name after what Kouta after the graduation ceremony. But then again at least Kanau talked to Nozomi and she will always be her daughter, good enough reason for me.

I loled on the Eyebrow Clan's 5-hit combo XD

Really wish the author didn't have to do the drama and really ruin Nozomi character near the end though. And he still troll us with Kouta and Haruka, I thought they only kissed And why he didn't make the omake little bit longer with Kouta arrive to Haruka's office so they can finally have their reunion
At least the cover of chapter 60 can be consider canon now.... sorta XD
Old 2011-10-18, 12:44   Link #417
Master Chibi

The series turned to shit once everything but Kouta manning up and becoming a good father was tackled as in issue. The landly / mangaka 'arc' was absurd, everything in regards to her mother and his best friend was entirely laughable, and now at the end, after all of this he's got a son that he apparently doesn't even know about? And if he does, it seems like he doesn't quite care (since they don't address the issue)?

Wasn't that the entire fucking premise of this series to begin with? Now he's going to work the mother of his son when he didn't even know the son existed? You have got to be kidding me. Haruka doesn't even look like she's aged properly, she seems weary, tired, and restless.

I really can't help but feel that the drama in this series is forced otherwise. Everything with Kouta and Kanau felt entirely natural. Once we got past that nothing else worked as well.

Old 2011-10-18, 12:46   Link #418
paladinenvec

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-18, 13:24   Link #419
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
The series turned to shit once everything but Kouta manning up and becoming a good father was tackled as in issue. The landly / mangaka 'arc' was absurd, everything in regards to her mother and his best friend was entirely laughable, and now at the end, after all of this he's got a son that he apparently doesn't even know about? And if he does, it seems like he doesn't quite care (since they don't address the issue)?

Wasn't that the entire fucking premise of this series to begin with? Now he's going to work the mother of his son when he didn't even know the son existed? You have got to be kidding me. Haruka doesn't even look like she's aged properly, she seems weary, tired, and restless.

I really can't help but feel that the drama in this series is forced otherwise. Everything with Kouta and Kanau felt entirely natural. Once we got past that nothing else worked as well.
Well it's only been 2 years, how much does a 18 year old change when they turn 20?
Old 2011-10-18, 13:38   Link #420
Master Chibi

I mean she literally looks aged from being tired / restless / overworked and all that. Not old because she actually got older.

Closed Thread