AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 10:48   Link #541
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm watching this for the busty blond. Don't care about anything else.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:00   Link #542
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
On the other hand, I will become a gothlolicon for one season

In between, that was quite some negative feedback on the OVA
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:26   Link #543
ookamigirl

Well.... the OVA looked really fun and interesting so I'm gonna give this anime a chance when it comes out. The first part was all bright, happy and fun while the second part was totally gloomy & kinda disgusting, but also totally LOL ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:36   Link #544
HuNGaricum

i haven't heard from this show until a few days ago my friend showed me his "must watch" list...i said meh... i'll give it a try. after the first minutes i was like: wait what? everything is fine so what is this show about? and then the apocalypse happens... i lol'd so hard, my tummy hurts this show is on my must watch list too. i guess i'll read some LN before ep1 comes out...
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:42   Link #545
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
my exact same thought , kodaka was way too bishonen in this, i guess they kept the style since he looked like niwa from denpa, but different from how he looks in the LN, and if you compare this with denpa this one migth look inferior, but thats hust on the visual side, this can be very good if they adapt the content well.
I don't think Kodaka -looks- like a Yankee, and he is nowhere looking like that in both manga and LN.
The problem is that you are labeled as a delinquent in Japan if you appears clearly different compared to other (the finishing blow being tatoo FYI). That's why he explains outright his issue with his hair color and looks of his eyes, nothing much.

He isn't supposed to look like Onizuka or any hardcore yakuza/punk. It is just that he has 2 distinct traits that make him labeled as a delinquent.
Old 2011-09-22, 12:09   Link #546
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well yeah looks like onizuka or sakuragi are things you only see in seinen nowadays, but at least in the LN kodaka has angry looking eyes, and i know the factor that makes people think he is a yankee its his hair, but he looks too "harmless" like i said before he looks more like a blonde makoto niwa.
Old 2011-09-22, 12:28   Link #547
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
On the other hand, I will become a gothlolicon for one season

Can I have both meat and a vampire?
Old 2011-09-22, 12:37   Link #548
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I do agree Kodaka looks, and sounds, too nice here. Well, everyone's look is nicer/cuter here, but still, he supposed to look intimidating ^^;;
Old 2011-09-22, 12:42   Link #549
Miraluka
Banned

I've been wondering... When this series will have its own subforum? Since the OAD counts as an episode... or the AS team is going to wait the first episode release?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:45   Link #550
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
No! you MUST choose your camp now

But remember:
  • vampires have meat too
  • They are cool! odd-eyed, twin-tailed, with a creepy bunny
  • ... and don't age (falling tits et al)

[/gothloli-con mode off ]
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:51   Link #551
tsunade666

I don't have problems with Kodaka's voice because it's not the problem of him being delinquent but his looks. He looks like a pretty boy for me. And Yozora's voice doesn't suit for me.
Old 2011-09-22, 12:57   Link #552
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Meat ftw. I'm in her camp
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:06   Link #553
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I've been wondering... When this series will have its own subforum? Since the OAD counts as an episode... or the AS team is going to wait the first episode release?
Series must meet a certain number of criteria before we allow it to have a subforum (for instance, steins gate and mawaru penguin drum got theirs after 10 episodes).
And before anyone tries anything funny: inciting more flat/pointless discussion won't make a series any more eligible.
Old 2011-09-22, 13:20   Link #554
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so it is again one guy surrounded by girls, and he will complain it is "unfortunate", the chars look like Denpa style. the real problem is i dont find it funny (i thought it suppose to be), will skip this one
Characters look like Denpa Onna because the original character design for both shows is by the illustrator buriki. It's interesting to see what a different feeling a different animation character designer can give them, while still retaining the buriki feel.

As for the humor, the trailer didn't do much for me, either. But I am going to give the series a try.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:50   Link #555
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wait, WHAT?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 16:14   Link #556
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Characters look like Denpa Onna because the original character design for both shows is by the illustrator buriki.
Aha! I thought there was something about the character design I recognised. It was particularly prevalent when they smiled.

Other than that the preview episode didn't entirely grab me but I'll give it some proper episodes to make my mind up.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:04   Link #557
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well yeah looks like onizuka or sakuragi are things you only see in seinen nowadays, but at least in the LN kodaka has angry looking eyes, and i know the factor that makes people think he is a yankee its his hair, but he looks too "harmless" like i said before he looks more like a blonde makoto niwa.
Lets not kid ourselves; I've seen those illustrations and no where was there the so-called 'angry eyes' as his neutral looks. He has those slated eyes that's for sure, but nothing in particular that shouts out "Angry Man", at least nothing that warrants attention on it.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-09-22 at 17:16.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:58   Link #558
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
As for the humor, the trailer didn't do much for me, either. But I am going to give the series a try.
It's just nothing more than an extended advertisement...

Other than that, Yozora still sounds weird (I will get use to it eventually...), Kobato not quite Chuu-ni enough yet...oh well, but then, each girls only have what? 10 lines? I guess I'll have to wait for Meat to start playing eroge...(On the other hand, though, Itou Kanae sounds weird as Meat also...)

The artwork is a little bit disappointing...to me, it's really wasting Buriki's artwork when the girls just look, well, off to me (Well, mostly Meat...she just look, well, weird...Yozora looks weird as well, Rika is not Rika...at least Kuroneko, I mean Kobato, is okay...)
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:19   Link #559
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
For quick comparison:
Spoiler for img; non-spoiler:

Now how he looks on the bottom-left is how he should look most of the time. Instead, he looks like the top-right, which doesn't make him seem like a delinquent at all, esp how non-slanted the eyes are(which is 1 of 2 defining factors). Just makes it seem like he bleached his hair =0\. The manga version(top-left) looks the most like a delinquent, and makes him look more intimidating, which is why I like it best. The original doesn't really look intimidating either, though as Chaos said, the eyes do have a slant. They don't give him the appearance of a delinquent in my opinion though like the left side versions do.

In the end, how he looks is just a minor quibble really, but I'm able to empathize with the fact that he's seen as a delinquent if his normal faces are like the two left-side images than the right side ones.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:29   Link #560
Sumeragi
Banned

This is going to be heaven.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen