FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep12:
Old 2011-09-23, 01:53   Link #922
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I know where the entire animation team focused their time on for this episode- that duck-sensei.

Anyways, quite a surprisingly intriguing plot. That's what I'm liking about this show; I don't quite know what to expect each week, and it's nice to have some problems to face along the way. This isn't just a simple moe series, although it does appear to be so if one was to look at just its cover.

Plus, it's not that bad. Sure, it looks a little choppy here and there, but it's not like we dropped to an unacceptable level. I'm still excited to see what happens next week.
Old 2011-09-23, 02:33   Link #923
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

I vaguely remember hearing/reading something as to why Jupiter was introduced. The game creators thought that the players couldnt really view the rival as "enemies" if they're also girls, like in the case of 961 Production's "Project Fairy" = Hibiki, Takane, and Miki. Hence they created a male unit. And you know what? It worked, they're totally my enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Great, buy the game. But do all of that in the GAME thread.
Done. It took me a bit to find it though, the iM@S game thread was pushed back to page 9 of the Game section.
Old 2011-09-23, 03:41   Link #924
calorie

I find it charming how Miki spends her day strolling around the city alone (well, the Producer-san was there but she pretended not to see him), looking for things that might be amusing.

Another solid episode, the IDOLM@STER is fun for me again. The animation was decent, didn't notice much of a change. And looks like next week it's all about Miki again - coolio.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 03:44   Link #925
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
I find it charming how Miki spends her day strolling around the city alone (well, the Producer-san was there but she pretended not to see him), looking for things that might be amusing.

Another solid episode, the IDOLM@STER is fun for me again. The animation was decent, didn't notice much of a change. And looks like next week it's all about Miki again - coolio.
That was quite adorable, a 15-year old girl should be out and about exploring what the world has to offer, and Miki's charismatic enough to do it with no problem.

The animation was a tad choppy, but it wasn't anything problematic One thing I've learned from the previews is that whoever is talking isn't the next feature character. Sounds like next week they'll be focusing on the performance overall and probably as many idols as they can.
Old 2011-09-23, 03:56   Link #926
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
One thing I've learned from the previews is that whoever is talking isn't the next feature character. Sounds like next week they'll be focusing on the performance overall and probably as many idols as they can.
Could be, could be. But she did say something like "Look forward to my activity next week too" so I guess we'll at least be seeing her.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 04:23   Link #927
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
Could be, could be. But she did say something like "Look forward to my activity next week too" so I guess we'll at least be seeing her.
Good point.
The title of next week's episode was something along the lines of "The Idols Take The Stage", so I figured the performance was coming up. Of course, that could also be taken in a metaphorical manner, meaning the idols face their troubles and take their place on the stage that is the world.

Jeez, this is what happens when I super-multitask at 2:25 in the morning. I overthink EVERYTHING. XD
Old 2011-09-23, 07:16   Link #928
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

One thing I've always wondered is why Ritsuko chose Iori, Azusa, and Ami to be in Ryuugu Komachi. They don't seem to be the most talented or outstanding of the bunch. The ones with most star appeal, in my opinion, are Miki and Chihaya.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 07:45   Link #929
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
One thing I've always wondered is why Ritsuko chose Iori, Azusa, and Ami to be in Ryuugu Komachi. They don't seem to be the most talented or outstanding of the bunch. The ones with most star appeal, in my opinion, are Miki and Chihaya.
As you can probably tell already Miki and Ritsuko doesn't quite get along. Before the whole shock and motivation thing Miki is simply too easy going and care free for Ritsuko to take her seriously, while Miki is scared of Ritsuko because of how she is always so strict. Chihaya is a good singer, but she doesn't want to be an idol and is too much of a loner to go well in a group. Neither are actually good as group members for Ritsuko's idea of Ryuugu Komachi - by themselves they are diamonds in the rough but they would require too much grooming to qualify as usable members for a group situation.

On the other hand Iori Azusa and Ami their character makes them play nice as a group. Iori has a fair bit of talent in her and although a tsundere she does care about team work when the crunch comes, Ami is bright and cheerful and if you break the twins up they settle down quite a bit, and Azusa just has that soothing aura with her and she gets along well with everyone thus creates a comfortable group atmosphere. It's a perfect example of the sum is more than the parts.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 08:27   Link #930
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
As you can probably tell already Miki and Ritsuko doesn't quite get along. Before the whole shock and motivation thing Miki is simply too easy going and care free for Ritsuko to take her seriously, while Miki is scared of Ritsuko because of how she is always so strict. Chihaya is a good singer, but she doesn't want to be an idol and is too much of a loner to go well in a group. Neither are actually good as group members for Ritsuko's idea of Ryuugu Komachi - by themselves they are diamonds in the rough but they would require too much grooming to qualify as usable members for a group situation.

On the other hand Iori Azusa and Ami their character makes them play nice as a group. Iori has a fair bit of talent in her and although a tsundere she does care about team work when the crunch comes, Ami is bright and cheerful and if you break the twins up they settle down quite a bit, and Azusa just has that soothing aura with her and she gets along well with everyone thus creates a comfortable group atmosphere. It's a perfect example of the sum is more than the parts.
No, you're blowing this out of proportion. The only reason Ryuugu Komachi was formed was because of the water theme that was already mentioned in the anime.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 11:08   Link #931
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I guess the "Ryuuguu Komachi" group (same people) is from the game initially? Can anyone spoil me the other groups later formed, maybe in the anime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, you're blowing this out of proportion. The only reason Ryuugu Komachi was formed was because of the water theme that was already mentioned in the anime.
I was introduce recently to this series (2 days ago), so I might of miss the meaning of that term.
Old 2011-09-23, 12:04   Link #932
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I guess the "Ryuuguu Komachi" group (same people) is from the game initially? Can anyone spoil me the other groups later formed, maybe in the anime?
I was introduce recently to this series (2 days ago), so I might of miss the meaning of that term.
All of the RK members have kanji in their family names that have something to do with water. There's an explanation on UTW's site for that episode that I'll pull up later. It had nothing to with merit or likes or dislikes. Ritsuko thought their names had a nice ring to it and just started her own project group.
Old 2011-09-23, 12:05   Link #933
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

Yeah seems like a fair explanation. Though suppose you can also just say she decided to go with a trio that is less work to manage. Azusa brings no problems which is good. And it's true if you split up the twins that saves some trouble. If all she has to do is worry about a bit of tsundere attitude from Iori that's not bad at all. May not be the group with the highest ceiling in terms of raw talent, but easier to handle. Going for a safer bet than gambling on a boom or bust combination.

In the end a good result for Ritsuko. Gets to show off her talents with a group that isn't too hectic to handle.
Quote:
All of the RK members have kanji in their family names that have something to do with water. There's an explanation on UTW's site for that episode that I'll pull up later. It had nothing to with merit or likes or dislikes. Ritsuko thought their names had a nice ring to it and just started her own project group.
But didn't the episode itself comment on how a variety of hte girls had water connected to their names? I think it makes a whole lot more sense to look at it the other way then to say she just randomly picked names that sounded good.
Old 2011-09-23, 13:23   Link #934
Bullet2k4

are those headphone Miki was wearing in the ending the Sony MDR-xb model?
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 13:30   Link #935
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah seems like a fair explanation. Though suppose you can also just say she decided to go with a trio that is less work to manage. Azusa brings no problems which is good. And it's true if you split up the twins that saves some trouble. If all she has to do is worry about a bit of tsundere attitude from Iori that's not bad at all. May not be the group with the highest ceiling in terms of raw talent, but easier to handle. Going for a safer bet than gambling on a boom or bust combination.

In the end a good result for Ritsuko. Gets to show off her talents with a group that isn't too hectic to handle.
But didn't the episode itself comment on how a variety of hte girls had water connected to their names? I think it makes a whole lot more sense to look at it the other way then to say she just randomly picked names that sounded good.
No... the only other person was Haruka, who did say something about it. Believing that Ritsuko hates Miki is having the same misunderstanding Miki had.

Quote:
Ryuuguu Komachi (????): literally means “Beauties from the Palace of the Dragon King.” Ryuuguu Castle itself is a reference to the underwater castle that appears in the folk tale of Urashima Tarou, which you can wiki for more information (including the ‘treasure box’ that shows up in Kotori’s daydream).

Minase (??), Miura (??), Futami (??): Chief mentions during an interview that the three Ryuuguu members’ family names involve water, which gave Ritsuko the idea to use name Ryuuguu Komachi. The characters in their family names mean, respectively: ?? water shoal, ?? three inlet, and ?? twin sea. Haruka, who was indignant at being left out, bears the family name Amami (?? ), which uses the characters for heaven and sea.
I'll put the kanji in later. For some reason they won't show on this computer.

If you want to make an argument for whatever chemistry RK has, then you also have to explain why not only Miki wasn't chosen, but the rest of the girls as well. Why weren't the Futami twins put together, even though they work the best together? Why wasn't Takane, Hibiki, Yukiho, Haruka, Makoto, Yayoi, or Chihaya chosen either? Unless you create even more fake drama and believe Ritsuko dislikes all of them as well, you can't explain it.

The three chosen for RK were chosen for their names, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2011-09-23, 14:08   Link #936
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I guess the strong differences in viewpoints exists because they were very vague about what's going on with Ryuugu Komachi. Ritsuko herself mentions that the three have great chemistry during the interview and it's mentioned that their surnames all have an affiliation with water in some way, which is why Haruka asked why she wasn't included.

I believe those three were picked for their names yes, but would Ritsuko have gone with it if they didn't share a strong bond and work well together? Imagine if the three she had to pick were Miki, Chihaya and Yukiho or something. They're good on their own and all, but the three would not mix well together, and Ritsuko would probably see that.
Old 2011-09-23, 15:25   Link #937
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I guess the strong differences in viewpoints exists because they were very vague about what's going on with Ryuugu Komachi. Ritsuko herself mentions that the three have great chemistry during the interview and it's mentioned that their surnames all have an affiliation with water in some way, which is why Haruka asked why she wasn't included.

I believe those three were picked for their names yes, but would Ritsuko have gone with it if they didn't share a strong bond and work well together? Imagine if the three she had to pick were Miki, Chihaya and Yukiho or something. They're good on their own and all, but the three would not mix well together, and Ritsuko would probably see that.
Chemistry is one thing. Disliking a person is another. You can say they work well together, but claiming that Ritsuko personally dislikes Miki or any other girl has no basis. Other than what Miki herself said, there's nothing to suggest Ritsuko dislikes any of the girls in the anime or the games.
Old 2011-09-23, 16:06   Link #938
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Chemistry is one thing. Disliking a person is another. You can say they work well together, but claiming that Ritsuko personally dislikes Miki or any other girl has no basis. Other than what Miki herself said, there's nothing to suggest Ritsuko dislikes any of the girls in the anime or the games.
Oh no, I understand that perfectly. That whole incident was probably Miki just getting in over her head, but that seems to be clearing up now.

My only concern was that I don't think those three were picked JUST because of their names. It could have been anyone or anything in that case.:P
Old 2011-09-23, 16:47   Link #939
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Oh no, I understand that perfectly. That whole incident was probably Miki just getting in over her head, but that seems to be clearing up now.

My only concern was that I don't think those three were picked JUST because of their names. It could have been anyone or anything in that case.:P
The name could of been one of the criteria, but come on! It does sell, if the names has a related meaning to the sea, plus these 3 pretty much have less issues, compared to the rest...

Makoto (favorite character) - tomboy, takes sometime to work with her, because of the tight schedule.
Takane - very weird
Chihaya - emo and to focus on singing
Miki - lazy...
Yukiho - I'm afraid of guys, when they're the majority... etc
Old 2011-09-23, 17:18   Link #940
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
The name could of been one of the criteria, but come on! It does sell, if the names has a related meaning to the sea, plus these 3 pretty much have less issues, compared to the rest...

Makoto (favorite character) - tomboy, takes sometime to work with her, because of the tight schedule.
Takane - very weird
Chihaya - emo and to focus on singing
Miki - lazy...
Yukiho - I'm afraid of guys, when they're the majority... etc
There's definitely something else in play there, even if it was a fragment of the importance the name carries.

Those descriptions are kinda harsh though. Takane's not weird, she's just somewhat quiet and has a different way of communicating with people. Chihaya has issues at home and has grown up living a hard life, thus her somewhat difficult nature. She's been nothing but optimistic when it came to the live whenever something happened with Miki or someone else. Speaking of Miki, she's not lazy, she's just unable to control her dedication where it needs to be- she wants her own agenda and her own path to follow, which is perfectly understandable for a 15 year old girl. Yukiho's the stereotypical character who is androphobic, but it's not like she chooses to be like that. She wants to change, and she works hard for it.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s