AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 13:39   Link #21
aeolian

Another UC in 2006......Maybe 30 years after V?

I don't think they will make another OVA/series about side stories or sequels like Crossbone, as they are not so popular that everyone wanted to see a series about F91's sequel. I sure do hope they make some OVAs from Crossbone and Sentinel, but the chance is slim.
aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:58   Link #22
ironbomb

Uc = old rite?

and wuts the new things called?

I only watech gundam seed/destiny
ANd saw the GUndam Wing video.
I seen some eps of gundam wing but never the whole series.

I liked em but from the sounds of some ppl, they dont >.<..... is the older series really tat much better?
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 14:11   Link #23
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I did read an obscure bit that something UC was planned for 2006, but that may just have been speculation.
Isn't Tomino too old to actually create another show. I find that unlikely, besides as I said besides OYW related UC Gundams all UC after 0083 did poorly. Furthermore why bother ruining V's epilogue, its good enough to end UC Gundam with.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 16:09   Link #24
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I did read an obscure bit that something UC was planned for 2006, but that may just have been speculation.
That was mentioned by someone from Bandai on a BBS or website somewhere... It was specifically said to be a "series" though it could be an OVA or a TV or anything else.

The Chief Gundam Officer of Bandai also expressed interest in making a Gundam series targeting at the American audience (probably because SEED was a flop in the US), though that could mean anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Isn't Tomino too old to actually create another show. I find that unlikely, besides as I said besides OYW related UC Gundams all UC after 0083 did poorly. Furthermore why bother ruining V's epilogue, its good enough to end UC Gundam with.
Eh? Tomino's 63. He's still quite functional and he's working on the Zeta movies right now and wishes to do more in the future. So not really...

Though Tomino seems more interested in creating new and original shows rather than to go back to UC once again (see his most recent shows like Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer). He hates V Gundam with a passion so I don't think he'll be doing a show that takes place after it either.
Old 2004-11-24, 18:27   Link #25
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Auel: I agree I'd prefer any SEED over 08th MS Team but definitely not Zeta. Don't take this the wrong way, but have you seen Zeta? It's like, the epitome of Gundam, y'know. It's really rare, even among big AU fans, to find someone who's a Gundam fan that doesn't love Zeta. So, you're definitely an oddity, lol.

And yes. G-Saviour does not exist...period.
Like Brightman said, it is possible for someone to not praise Zeta as the god of all Gundam series'. I'm sorry, but to me it just seemed to be a tad over-rated.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 18:59   Link #26
Esper 28
Akira

Never said it was the "god of all Gundam series". I said it was odd for someone to put Zeta so low on the list of series they like.

Personally, Gundam 0080 is my favorite Gundam series so that tells you where I'm coming from and what type of Gundam series I prefer.

But either way, I never said it was the "god of all Gundam series" nor did I even suggest that it was. I merely said that I was surprised to see someone rank it so low. Please don't twist my words, I don't appreciate it.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 19:58   Link #27
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I would like to see how Yutaka Izubuchi would handle a Gundam show if Tomino doesn't want to do it. I've heard he is pretty tired with Gundam but he did want to do SEED, and he's assisting with the production on Destiny isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb
Uc = old rite?

and wuts the new things called?

I only watech gundam seed/destiny
ANd saw the GUndam Wing video.
I seen some eps of gundam wing but never the whole series.

I liked em but from the sounds of some ppl, they dont >.<..... is the older series really tat much better?
The Universal Century is the timeline in which the older series take place. The one used in SEED is called the Cosmic Era, as they say in the beginning of a lot of episodes.

A lot of people dislike SEED because a lot of its plot and other things are taken straight from the older series and they think it's a cheap ripoff that can't stand on its own two feet. I sort of like it, it has its faults (especially with the pacing, which Destiny seems to have worked out) but it's not my favourite. I think of it more as a homage and re-introduction of the themes used in the older series to be presented to a new audience - it may be the fact that I was never subjected to the older shows back in the day that I feel this way. I started with Endless Waltz and some Wing since I had heard it was a good super robot show where the super robots didn't look quite as corny as many of the old do. However, it bored me, a lot. It lacked any of the speed and flair of the old shows and the characters were flat-out uninteresting.

That's pretty much why a lot of people dislike Wing - the stupid characters. I wrote a text about how dumb the characters in Wing were in Swedish a while ago but I don't remember it and I can't find it.

The thing that most people dislike about Wing though is that you have these invincible death-machines that are walking around and that there is no logic at all in the show - when Duo or Heero are in Leo's they turn from coffins to decent war machines - even though their tactics rarely exceed the ones used by the ordinary Leo pilots.

To me, Wing is the black sheep of Gundam (G-Saviour isn't Gundam since it's never mentioned) but it does make a rather good comedy show.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 20:29   Link #28
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Personally, I think the reason Gundam SEED is a flop in the US is the bad dub and the editing.

Cause, I love the Cosmic Era, Second only to the Universal Century.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 20:57   Link #29
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Personally, I think the reason Gundam SEED is a flop in the US is the bad dub and the editing.

Cause, I love the Cosmic Era, Second only to the Universal Century.
Yep, and the timeslot together with the editing. I mean, first it was on at 22:30 right? Why did they need to edit out blood and turn an ordinary gun into a frickin' space gun and turn machine guns into some sort of lasers? The time-slot is NOT for 7-year olds (that was the rating they edited it down to, right?) and the editing is definitely not for the 13-17 crowd that could check it out.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 21:37   Link #30
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yep, and the timeslot together with the editing. I mean, first it was on at 22:30 right? Why did they need to edit out blood and turn an ordinary gun into a frickin' space gun and turn machine guns into some sort of lasers? The time-slot is NOT for 7-year olds (that was the rating they edited it down to, right?) and the editing is definitely not for the 13-17 crowd that could check it out.
This is true.

However, people do weird things...Just look at Once Piece [ Its not one piece anymore, It was once one piece, hence I call it ONce Piece ]

It was made for more mature audiences. However, what did translators do? Did they play it for its market?

No, they turned Sake into orange juice, made guns into bizzare hammer things, and god only knows what else and made ti for babies.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 22:36   Link #31
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Never said it was the "god of all Gundam series". I said it was odd for someone to put Zeta so low on the list of series they like.

Personally, Gundam 0080 is my favorite Gundam series so that tells you where I'm coming from and what type of Gundam series I prefer.

But either way, I never said it was the "god of all Gundam series" nor did I even suggest that it was. I merely said that I was surprised to see someone rank it so low. Please don't twist my words, I don't appreciate it.
That wasn't directed toward you, sorry if you misunderstood. I just meant normally when I say that, all the hardcore UC fans piss themselves because Zeta is god's gift to man in their eyes.
Old 2004-11-25, 00:09   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Well the problem is that Cartoon Network wants a show aimed at the 6-12 crowd, and Gundam Seed didn't work well with that. So it was stuck in between and didn't do well with anyone. Not to mention the fact that the toys don't seem to be selling either.
Old 2004-11-25, 00:27   Link #33
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
That's because the toys can't be FOUND.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 00:53   Link #34
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
That's because the toys can't be FOUND.
Yeah really. Like a month after SEED began to air, Target department stores began to clearance out all of their Gundam stuff (including SEED) which was good news if you were looking for a Freedom model, but bad news if you were looking for one now. A very stupid move on Target's behalf I think. Now I have to rely on Wal-Mart, which was horrible and unreliable with figures to begin with.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:41   Link #35
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^

I think no one mentioned it..
But there is a new UC series/OVA out there..
It's called "MsigLoo"..
It's a 3D/CG one like FF movie..

Last edited by Triple zZz; 2004-11-27 at 17:41.
Triple zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:37   Link #36
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple zZz
I think no one mentioned it..
But there is a new UC series/OVA out there..
It's called "MsigLoo"..
It's a 3D/CG one like FF movie..
It has been mentioned already, and it's called "MS IGLOO", not "MsigLoo".
Old 2004-11-27, 18:23   Link #37
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Why did they edit out the blood? Simple Toonami, no matter what the press release said about the target audience changing, still has to be editted to Tv-7FV. The reason that Seed didn't perform as well as predicted is that the toonami audience found it boring. The editing only pissed off the hardcore fans who had seen it fansubbed. Most of the toonami audience would not even notice. Oh yeah One Piece was not a mature show.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 18:29   Link #38
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Oh yeah One Piece was not a mature show.
One Piece seems to be aimed at 13 year old boys. It's alot of slapstick, and then it gets serious. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of One Piece. Though I have not yet been "privilaged" enough to watch the dub.
Old 2004-11-27, 19:17   Link #39
Silver_Scorcher

While it was said during SEED's initial run that there would be a UC series for 2005 or 2006, I wouldn't go with that. That rumor went flying about the same time they said SEED 2 was going to come out right after SEED finished. Obviously Destiny came out a year after SEED finished. There must be thousands upon thousands of UC Gundam enthusiasts in Japan bawling and whining for a UC Gundam, and they'll probably get there wish some time in the future. But weather they like it or not, the CE series of SEED is here to stay for a long time, and if there should be a third SEED series in the neer future, that'll push back plans of another UC Gundam series/OVA even further back. Personally, I really don't care where the next Gundam series will take place, as long as I get Gundam in some form, I'm happy.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:55   Link #40
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

I'm pretty burnt out on UC, and I don't feel like watching anymore side stories like 08th MS Team. I don't see how much more they could do, and anything taking place after V isn't really appealing. Though then again, I wouldn't mind seeing a follow up to ZZ, involving ZZ's cast. I want to see what happened to Judau after ZZ but before
Spoiler: