Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 11:07   Link #921
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's was not one-sided. For example, Hibino's friend said that Hibino had feeling for Kyouhei in episode 3 or 4. Hibino was always interested in Kyouhei. If Kyouhei had said he loved her and want to go out with her in episode 1, I'm sure she would have answered : Yes.
I don't think Hibino would have given Kyouhei a chance in Episode 1.
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve Hibino, but in my opinion, Kyouhei would have zero chances with her if he actually lived the normal life he wished for.
The village and the kakashi are entirely responsible for Kyouhei winning Hibino's heart.
Though I feel the anime cut out a large part of Hibino's shallow side, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine her as a rather high maintenance girlfriend under normal circumstances.
As a single child treasured by her parents throughout the years, as well as growing up with plenty of compliments (just look at her childhood photos), Hibino is confident in her appearance and would be rather demanding in boyfriend material. (Hence the whole university department striking out against her.)
Spoiler for Hibino's lighthearted side:
Without the village connection to Hibino's father, a non-assertive guy like Kyouhei would never be able to approach her and even make friends.
Without Aki's appearance and hints of a dark mysterious past, there would be little to attract Hibino's curiosity in getting to know Kyouhei.
Without Utao', Kyouhei would not have a chance to impress Hibino with his responsible, brotherly side.
Without the crisis created by Mahiru, Kyouhei would never be able to showcase his heroic side and rescue the damsel in distress.
Hence, Kyouhei should thank the village (that he hates so much) for giving him a chance with Hibino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
In the ending credits of the final episode, it looks like old, crazy-man (perverted in that scene) Hyuuga is forcing another woman (naked) to become the seki of the 4 legged demon. She did not look too pleased. Was she also the one on the silver Doll at the end flying away?
The woman is Ayame, who is Old Man Hyuga's concubine.
She was last seen in Episode 5 at the village.
I don't think she is displeased; she's just expressionless usually.
The female seki shown at the very end is Shion (one of the 2 seki that Old man Kuga was calling for to restrain Kyouhei at the end of the Aki incident).
Shion is quite awesome in her own way, but unfortunately all her earlier cameo appearances were cut from the anime adaptation.
I look forward to her official introduction into the story when Season 2 becomes reality.
Quote:
Did Kyouhei really control Kukuri while unconscious? It was so inconclusive at that point. Kukuri singing was similar to Kyouhei's seki control, but Kukuri allowing Kyouhei and Hibino to fall to their (possible) pending death seems like he was not in control.

With Utao unable to control Kukuri in the end, I was expecting Kyouhei to just come in and start control it right away. I wonder why they did not do that?
The anime makes control issues unambiguous with the kakashi tunes.
But it seems like the sound effects are meant for the viewer rather than the characters since we don't actually see characters questioning why Kukuri sounds different.
It's definitely unconscious Kyouhei in control of Kukuri.
Well, I suppose if Koushiro didn't appear Kukuri might have dived down to catch them...
Taking control of a kakashi by force without a ceremony is actually quite unprecedented. (Hence everyone's shock at the Aki incident.)
It's not something that Kyouhei would think of right away.

Quote:
I do hope a second season will be made, since this was a wonderful series so far. Kukuri without the rabbit ears seems very natural in the final scene, not like they were ripped off or anything. I bet that is its ultimate form.
The monthly manga is approaching a big climax so I'd expect the story to wrap up in a year or two.
Hopefully we'll get a 2nd season then.
Let me just say that armless Kukuri will appear quite soon, rather than later.
The next part of the story is pretty much nonstop action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
The show pretty much implied that Utao and Kirio are potentially FAR BETTER seki than anyone before. You saw how Utao stopped Kukuri dead in track, didn't you? Pretty sure Kyohei can't control Kukuri until it's fixed too. And I am not sure the Kakashi in the preview is Kukuri. It looks similar but also different.
I don't think the show (as in the story) implied anything about Utao and Kirio's potential...
It was the shrine elders who believed the rumour that the twins were able to communicate with kakashi from the womb.
As for Utao's abilities, though she improved greatly over the course of the series, her dismal performance in the beginning meant that she spent the last 6 years making little progress.
I suppose her coming to Tokyo and receiving Kyouhei's direction worked wonders.

Quote:
It doesn't prove anything. We don't know if it's Kyouhei or Utao who stopped Kukuri. Futhermore, controlling the righ hand is not about training. Kyouhei has been the first one for century to control it. Kyouhei is described as the best seki and again, Utao is not able to control Kukuri's right hand.
I assume you mean the mirror in the left hand which absorbs and reflects energy attacks. (Right hand is the knife.)

Actually, there's no evidence so far that Kyouhei can open the left hand consistently or not.
The only time in the past shown is the Amaterasu flashback, when Kyouhei used it after he lost consciousness.

Hence, we have never seen Kyouhei use the left hand consciously and it is possible that Moyako found out the left hand was used when performing repairs after the Amaterasu incident.

Of course, it's equally possible that Kyouhei can open the left hand at will, but we haven't seen it.
On the other hand, I don't think Kyouhei would have many opportunities to practice against energy weapons in his youth in the mountains, seeing that Aki is the only one he associates with.

Curiously, both times we are shown the left hand opening are when Kukuri's right hand was severed.

Last edited by zzhk; 2011-09-28 at 11:57. Reason: Ayame appeared in Episode 5, not 6
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:15   Link #922
klare

Kyohei finally gets the girl, Hibino is one of the better female leads in a while, would be better if she has a more "normal" design...

i am ok with the way this season end and very interested on that last scene with Kyohei and Kukuri, this series is the surprise for me in summer, hope it gets to continue
Old 2011-09-28, 11:51   Link #923
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Kamisama Dolls wasn't my favorite series of the season, but it was definitely the biggest surprise of the season for me. I almost didn't watch it. But because I have a CR subscription, I figured why not give it a try. After the first episode, I was so-so on it. But each episode grew on me more and more. I don't remember exactly which episode it was after, but I remember midway through the season saying to myself "Kamisama Dolls just got awesome!" I would love to have a second season, but even if we don't, this was a fun way to spend 13 weeks. I'm glad I gave this "almost didn't watch" show a try.
I was high on this series' potential from the beginning, but it definitely grew on me as it progressed just as it did you. The story was like layers of an onion, you peel one away and discover countless more underneath. It was an amazingly complex story that was also easy to understand (are you watching, BONES?) and did as good a job of using humor to cut through the heavy action and violence as any show I've seen this year. It grew from what looked at first like a solid light entertainment to something quite substantial.

And episode 7 might be the best ep of any anime in 2011. That was the game-changer.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:28   Link #924
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I assume you mean the mirror in the left hand which absorbs and reflects energy attacks. (Right hand is the knife.)

Actually, there's no evidence so far that Kyouhei can open the left hand consistently or not.
The only time in the past shown is the Amaterasu flashback, when Kyouhei used it after he lost consciousness.

Hence, we have never seen Kyohei use the left hand consciously and it is possible that Moyako found out the left hand was used when performing repairs after the Amaterasu incident.

Of course, it's equally possible that Kyouhei can open the left hand at will, but we haven't seen it.
On the other hand, I don't think Kyouhei would have many opportunities to practice against energy weapons in his youth in the mountains, seeing that Aki is the only one he associates with.

Curiously, both times we are shown the left hand opening are when Kukuri's right hand was severed.
I think we have seen this.

Kukuri vs. Take-Mikazuchi - rewatch that episode and take notice of thedifferent voice Kukuri has in comparison to the cheery 'la' when Utao has control (it's the same voice we heard at the end of episode 12 when Kukuri went berserk - no way does that resemble Utao in any way).

Granted, that was only one time - but I believe he consciously had Kukuri use the left hand (unlike other animes, words need not be spoken to control the kakashi).

Just my 0.02p
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:52   Link #925
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no question Kyouhei took control of Kukkuri for those last few seconds of the Takemikazuchi fight, at least not in my opinion.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:57   Link #926
zzhk
Summary Machine

Kyouhei's involvement in opening Kukuri's left hand is certain.
The anime makes it explicit through the kakashi music.

The question is, did he (ever) do it with full awareness?

Kyouhei would have been extremely troubled if he knew he took control of Kukuri during the fight with Kirio.
Moyako's conjecture is that Kyouhei helped Utao subconsciously.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:12   Link #927
Sides

Quote:
I'm leaning towards this as well. If Kyohei knew he could take over control, he probably would have hide Kukuri and prevent her from using Kukuri in public in other instances.
Regarding Utao's attachment toward Kukuri and clinginess to Kyohei, aren't they basically the same thing for her? The scene where Utao asks Kyohei, if Kukuri has the memory of all his seki, made me think maybe she is seeing Kyohei in it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:25   Link #928
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Kyouhei's involvement in opening Kukuri's left hand is certain.
The anime makes it explicit through the kakashi music.

The question is, did he (ever) do it with full awareness?

Kyouhei would have been extremely troubled if he knew he took control of Kukuri during the fight with Kirio.
Back the bus up a sec. I don't remember her saying that. What chapter or episode? A reference to future events?

I don't think it would be unreasonable for us to think that Kyohei did it unconsciously but I don't think anyone on the show has realized that with Aki maybe being an exception.

Of all the events involving Kukuri doing something awesome have all been driven by a negative emotion so I would say that is the cause. Unconscious but driven by some primal urge to protect or revenge. Even in the preview of Season 2 we see this. Aki understands this I'm sure and that was what motivated him to pester Kyohei.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:45   Link #929
LordEmbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
Before the season started I watched the Story PV and Girls PV and figured it was going to be boring adventures about a little girl and that the action/mystery/whatever were only there to disguise that fact. Three eps in and my opinion hasn't really changed. The best part of each episode so far has been the thirty seconds to a minute before the OP. Everything else feels like one of JC Staff's endless harem series, what with the loli imouto moe going through the roof and breasts girl's breasts growing even larger.

With Brains Base allocating all their best staff elsewhere, this seems like a pretty lazy cash in attempt. If only I had seen those manga volume covers earlier I wouldn't have had the faint hope for something worthwhile that led me to watch this despite my misgivings. Oh well.
After this post people kinda jumped down my throat so I bailed out on the topic and kept watching.

Overall my opinion hasn't really changed. Kyohei's harem continued to grow throughout the series. Additionally there was the whole final episode thing. It should have been an exciting climax, but we ended up getting more of the silly loli antics and no real resolution. Since this didn't sell well enough to get an S2, the entire ending was pretty much just one big advertisement for the manga.

With that said I did enjoy the teacher flashback episode, and the show as a whole did get more tolerable as time went on. It never actually reached 'good' status, but there were certainly much worse anime this season.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 15:59   Link #930
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't think Hibino would have given Kyouhei a chance in Episode 1.
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve Hibino, but in my opinion, Kyouhei would have zero chances with her if he actually lived the normal life he wished for.
The village and the kakashi are entirely responsible for Kyouhei winning Hibino's heart.
Though I feel the anime cut out a large part of Hibino's shallow side, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine her as a rather high maintenance girlfriend under normal circumstances.
As a single child treasured by her parents throughout the years, as well as growing up with plenty of compliments (just look at her childhood photos), Hibino is confident in her appearance and would be rather demanding in boyfriend material. (Hence the whole university department striking out against her.)
Spoiler for Hibino's lighthearted side:
Without the village connection to Hibino's father, a non-assertive guy like Kyouhei would never be able to approach her and even make friends.
Without Aki's appearance and hints of a dark mysterious past, there would be little to attract Hibino's curiosity in getting to know Kyouhei.
Without Utao', Kyouhei would not have a chance to impress Hibino with his responsible, brotherly side.
Without the crisis created by Mahiru, Kyouhei would never be able to showcase his heroic side and rescue the damsel in distress.
Hence, Kyouhei should thank the village (that he hates so much) for giving him a chance with Hibino.
A learning experience from a bad thing does that turn that bad thing into good. If I was beaten as a child then learned from my parent's bad example and make sure I never do the same to my child, that does not suddenly make the beating I took a good thing.

The village did not do all those things for the sake of getting Kyouhei together with Hibino. Kyouhei should not regret his experiences with the village because of the good that came from it, but I don't think he has to appreciate what the village has done.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:09   Link #931
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post
Back the bus up a sec. I don't remember her saying that. What chapter or episode? A reference to future events?

I don't think it would be unreasonable for us to think that Kyohei did it unconsciously but I don't think anyone on the show has realized that with Aki maybe being an exception.

Of all the events involving Kukuri doing something awesome have all been driven by a negative emotion so I would say that is the cause. Unconscious but driven by some primal urge to protect or revenge. Even in the preview of Season 2 we see this. Aki understands this I'm sure and that was what motivated him to pester Kyohei.
I'll need to check.
Didn't Moyako tell Utao that when she visited Tokyo?
If not, then I apologize for my confusion.

Anyway, my point is that though we are told that Kyouhei has opened the left hand before, we don't know if Moyako meant once or multiple times.
Prior to the battle with Kirio, was Amaterasu was the only time or if Kyouhei did it consistently?
Was it a fluke because the right hand was not available?
In the only 2 cases we see Kukuri's left hand being used, neither time did Kyouhei open it intentionally.
As the preview shows, Kyouhei will finally get to showcase his skills with full consciousness in the next season.
However, Kukuri being armless means that there won't be any mirror action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A learning experience from a bad thing does that turn that bad thing into good. If I was beaten as a child then learned from my parent's bad example and make sure I never do the same to my child, that does not suddenly make the beating I took a good thing.

The village did not do all those things for the sake of getting Kyouhei together with Hibino. Kyouhei should not regret his experiences with the village because of the good that came from it, but I don't think he has to appreciate what the village has done.
I suppose "thank" might be too strong a word.
Rather than criticize Kyouhei's emotions, I meant that objectively speaking, Kyouhei owes his victory to village factors.
Ironically, it is Mahiru's actions which drove them together decisively.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:07   Link #932
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this series wasnt to bad but the main character was just to whinny

6/10 now waiting for the second season
Old 2011-09-28, 22:51   Link #933
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well this series wasnt to bad but the main character was just to whinny

6/10 now waiting for the second season
I just pretended Kuuko was the main character, and it made it 100x better.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 01:04   Link #934
Thany
Unfair

Spoiler:
Finally, what we've (read I've) been waiting for
Old 2011-09-29, 15:27   Link #935
Ushio the Omega

Kami-sama Dolls v1 sells only 1437 copies it bombed even worse than i thought possible that is an atrocious result.

reminder for profitability late night anime need sales of at least 2800 if not better.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...60#post1958960
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 19:43   Link #936
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
It doesn't prove anything. We don't know if it's Kyouhei or Utao who stopped Kukuri. Futhermore, controlling the righ hand is not about training. Kyouhei has been the first one for century to control it. Kyouhei is described as the best seki and again, Utao is not able to control Kukuri's right hand.
It was beyond obvious that Kukuri stopped due to Utao's command there. The disappointment apparent in Kyohei's voice and the tone of language he used as he recalled the event("That was goodbye between me and Kukuri"; "I was always the outsider" etc.) and the fact that he was immediately replaced by Utao as the Seki afterwards establishes it beyond reasonable doubt that Kukuri stopping there wasn't Kyohei's doing but a response from the Kakashi to Utao's plea instead. But well, think whatever you want to.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 21:48   Link #937
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
It was beyond obvious that Kukuri stopped due to Utao's command there. The disappointment apparent in Kyohei's voice and the tone of language he used as he recalled the event("That was goodbye between me and Kukuri"; "I was always the outsider" etc.) and the fact that he was immediately replaced by Utao as the Seki afterwards establishes it beyond reasonable doubt that Kukuri stopping there wasn't Kyohei's doing but a response from the Kakashi to Utao's plea instead. But well, think whatever you want to.
Dude, no.
Kyohei was ashamed that he was becoming like Aki. Utao snapped Kyohei out of it. I will say its unclear since there is not decisive evidence but I strongly believe that all those events made Kyohei not want to control his Kakashi anymore because they brought nothing but pain. Makes sense to me this way.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 21:56   Link #938
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post
Dude, no.
Kyohei was ashamed that he was becoming like Aki. Utao snapped Kyohei out of it. I will say its unclear since there is not decisive evidence but I strongly believe that all those events made Kyohei not want to control his Kakashi anymore because they brought nothing but pain. Makes sense to me this way.
Makes sense, I know, but that doesn't explain the tone he used to describe the event nor the implication earlier that Utao had some sort of hidden talent in her etc. It's mostly because of the latter that I think it was her doing but alright, I might be giving it too much credit.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 03:59   Link #939
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Kami-sama Dolls v1 sells only 1437 copies it bombed even worse than i thought possible that is an atrocious result.

reminder for profitability late night anime need sales of at least 2800 if not better.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...60#post1958960
Are you talking about the first week? How are the chances that it will have legs to reach the 2800 mark over a couple of weeks?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 05:43   Link #940
EroKing

Also on the page it says "KamiDolls v1 does 1,437 BDs, DVDs do not rank."
So you need to find out the number of dvds sold as well to find out if the company made a good amount of profit.

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen