AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 09:14   Link #22421
maknaedik

I actually want the Advanced GN-X, the red one.

Having no MG Blast Impulse only mean it's not popular enough

I've been thinking of converting a 1/100 Saviour to MG, but it would be difficult I think, that's why I chose MG Justice instead.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:16   Link #22422
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

@StrikeFreedomV2:

How is the Geara(Guards Type) like, I really like the look of that model and think I'll get it.
But always nice to hear some opinions.

Ahh so many models to get and so little money to buy em with
Old 2011-10-06, 09:19   Link #22423
pumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I just love reading repeats of posts, sounds like a broken record or a parrot talking to me.
it'll be nice if he just puts it in his signature! and maybe we all can turn signatures off

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
MG Reborns so that 00 Raiser won't be alone anymore. (Oh, now I sound repetitive myself)

GN-X's good in my opinion. Though it's sad that they didn't milk it out.
I'm guessing the GN-X was made because of its potential to sell those variants. Either they're taking it slowly or the sales of the GN-X told them that it wont be viable to create the other GN-Xs.

I'm hoping for a MG Reborns too! All the Exia and 00 can't just fight GN-Xs.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:21   Link #22424
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post

I'm guessing the GN-X was made because of its potential to sell those variants. Either they're taking it slowly or the sales of the GN-X told them that it wont be viable to create the other GN-Xs.
I think it's the latter I actually want it to be my next project. MG Advanced GN-X conversion. It only requires some minor, I think, modifications then a repaint.
Old 2011-10-06, 09:36   Link #22425
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I think it's the latter I actually want it to be my next project. MG Advanced GN-X conversion. It only requires some minor, I think, modifications then a repaint.
i agree. the GN-X isnt a great model as far as i have heard and it probably didnt sell too well because of that... so if they use it as a base for variations those kits will suck as well and no one would ever buy them :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:46   Link #22426
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
sadly...impulse is not complete without the blast silhouette =|
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:53   Link #22427
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
sadly...impulse is not complete without the blast silhouette =|
Indeed.. considering they have the other two out for the MG. I don't know why Bandai didn't give us the optional parts and colour scheme to make it Sword or Blast. But maybe in the future they will give us a MG of it.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:03   Link #22428
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I SOOooo.... agree with you.

I envy Sworra & Appel who seem to be able to pre-order anything whenever they want.

Oh, yeah, I've thinking about this for a long time: how can GN-X made it to MG but Reborns, Gadessa, Gaddes, & Garazzo didn't even made into 1/100? Are they really less popular than GN-X?
Old 2011-10-06, 10:43   Link #22429
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I SOOooo.... agree with you.

I envy Sworra & Appel who seem to be able to pre-order anything whenever they want.

Oh, yeah, I've thinking about this for a long time: how can GN-X made it to MG but Reborns, Gadessa, Gaddes, & Garazzo didn't even made into 1/100? Are they really less popular than GN-X?
well, i cant buy everything^^ im not rockefeller :P
my money is just as limited as yours, i just try to plan ahead and put some money aside for models.
there are also times when i dont buy any kits at all. for examlpe from now until december i probably wont by anything. the older kits that i want are out of stock everywhere and im not at all interested in the new ones that come out, except for the MG FA unicorn and the kotobukiya jehuty.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:47   Link #22430
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
@StrikeFreedomV2:

How is the Geara(Guards Type) like, I really like the look of that model and think I'll get it.
But always nice to hear some opinions.

It´s overall a great looking kit with alot of stuff in terms of weapons. It has an axe, a great looking beam rifle, grenades, a Panzerfaust (i think that´s what it´s called) and a shield. It´s like a cross between the original Geara Zulu and Angelo´s Custom version. Poseability is pretty good, even though it can´t do the splits and has a 90 degree bend in both arms and legs. But it doesn´t really need it, I think. Only downside are the stickers, particullary the white ones with the black dots. They go on the forearms, the ammo clips and shoulders plus some go on the vents on the side of the ankles and can look a little weird if put on correctly. But if you paint it, that becomes irrelevant.

Overall, I really recommend it, it´s a fun build and really worth the money^^

Here are a few pics. Quality is kinda bad, the pics are made with my cellphone and the lighting in my place is not really good

Spoiler for Size:

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2011-10-06 at 12:34.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:31   Link #22431
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
It´s overall a great looking kit with alot of stuff in terms of weapons. It has an axe, a great looking beam rifle, grenades, a Panzerfaust (i think that´s what it´s called) and a shield. It´s like a cross between the original Geara Zulu and Angelo´s Custom version. Poseability is pretty good, even though it can´t do the splits and has a 90 degree bend in both arms and legs. But it doesn´t really need it, I think. Only downside are the stickers, particullary the white ones with the black dots. They go on the forearms, the ammo clips and shoulders plus some go on the vents on the side of the ankles and can look a little weird if put on correctly. But if you paint it, that becomes irrelevant.

Overall, I really recommend it, it´s a fun build and really worth the money^^
Thats good to hear, I'm not too fussed about having great articulation, as long as it's decent thats good enough for me, won't really be playing around with them anyway.

Still not sure if I'll be painting anything atm, only just recently got back into gundpla(last time I built one of these was way back in 1997 or so)

Also another question, anyone know of any decent weapon stuff, apart from the stuff on HLJ which isn't a great selection, I would like to have options without having to just buy more models.
Old 2011-10-06, 15:29   Link #22432
Appel

Quote:
Also another question, anyone know of any decent weapon stuff, apart from the stuff on HLJ which isn't a great selection, I would like to have options without having to just buy more models.
there are a few options but they are usually for specific kits (like the lohengrin launcher for the MG astray blue frame or the shot lancer for the crossbone X2).
you can take a look here for example: http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index...=index&cPath=3
the selection isnt great though, too.

in december bandai will release a set of 1/144 scale weapons. in this set you get one rifle and one gatling gun that you can add many pieces to. like different magazines or stands:
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=31181

there are also weapons for the frame arms models from kotobukiya available.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=1841&Dis=2
but i have no clue in what scale they are and whether a gundam could use them or not!

edit: according to this video the kotobukiya gatling has a good size for MGs. and it sure looks like it does! that thing seems pretty awesome^^
Old 2011-10-06, 17:51   Link #22433
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Can't believe i didn't know the Gafran transforms, i think it looks better in its other mode, debating picking it up. Have decide not to get the FA unicorn. I just don't like the design for some reason, maybe its too bulky or blocky.
Old 2011-10-06, 18:01   Link #22434
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCry View Post
i <3 anime. i epecially love devilmaycry and soul eater
Wrong thread dude :P

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
Old 2011-10-06, 19:10   Link #22435
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCry View Post
i <3 anime. i epecially love devilmaycry and soul eater
??? And what's that got to do with this Gundam Model thread? That game & anime that you mention didn't even have any version of model kits.
Old 2011-10-06, 19:16   Link #22436
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

Age 1 Gundam, O Gundam. If i had a HG RX-78 I would of added that too. I cant wait to see the MG Age 1 now. After how good the HG is.

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-10-06, 23:19   Link #22437
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Some pics of this kit.

Spoiler for Pics:

Basically an out of the box build, adding some weathering to make it look "worn out" along a little paint here and there for detailing. It's a nice model but plenty of parts fall off all the time, which is annoying. Anyways, this isn't finished just yet, as I gave this kit the weapons from the 1/144 Engage Octaver SR-1 kit from Five Star Stories (a sword and a shield in which I attempted to do battle damage for the first time), I just need to get a fabric in order to make a cloak a la Crossbone Gundam for this fella, so yeah, I'm ditching the weapons and even the Aile Striker for this little project but who cares, the Strike by itself is cool enough.
Old 2011-10-07, 01:18   Link #22438
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Can't believe i didn't know the Gafran transforms, i think it looks better in its other mode, debating picking it up. Have decide not to get the FA unicorn. I just don't like the design for some reason, maybe its too bulky or blocky.
yes, thats why im thinking about getting it, too :P

and about the FA unicorn, the blockyness and bulkyness is actually what i like about it^^
Old 2011-10-07, 03:33   Link #22439
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Some pics of this kit.

Basically an out of the box build, adding some weathering to make it look "worn out" along a little paint here and there for detailing. It's a nice model but plenty of parts fall off all the time, which is annoying. Anyways, this isn't finished just yet, as I gave this kit the weapons from the 1/144 Engage Octaver SR-1 kit from Five Star Stories (a sword and a shield in which I attempted to do battle damage for the first time), I just need to get a fabric in order to make a cloak a la Crossbone Gundam for this fella, so yeah, I'm ditching the weapons and even the Aile Striker for this little project but who cares, the Strike by itself is cool enough.
Great work, looks awesome!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:54   Link #22440
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
im done with MG Strike Freedom (normal)
Spoiler:

nxt in line his buddy Infinite Justice
Spoiler:

wip
Spoiler: