AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 01:08   Link #1321
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Let's hope she's not a clone of Shu's mom or anything like that
inb4 accidental incest

seriously though, i'd rather see more of Shuu's hot mom than Inori
Old 2011-10-28, 01:15   Link #1322
Chase

Fairly happy with this episode. Lots of Inori, no complaints here. I knew the second Shu made that pact with his so called friend that the ending would be the result(tho i didn't think it would literally happen at the end of the episode). Gai's abilities were revealed(or one of them at least). Not a bad episode. I expected some down time and some build for the Shu/Inori connection. The preview got me wanting next week to be here NOW!!!!!!!!

Episode: 8/10
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:30   Link #1323
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

good episode, its good how they just explained a lot about the ability with a good excuse, also i like the character development in this, thou the last part of the episode was kinda obvious from almost the start.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:32   Link #1324
firetiger027

There's something about this show that just doesn't click with me no matter how much I want to like it. The first part of this episode seriously made me consider not watching the rest, but by the end I liked it. I'm not going to say the end was completely shocking but for the first time I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I wonder what will happen next?

But there's something so odd about GC to me. Usually for anime I can accept the "It's just fun, so just enjoy watching it!" excuse but GC doesn't pull it off well at all imo. There are so many anime that have done fun, camp, fanservice but also serious at times so well but all of GC's attempts at "fun" seem to fall flat to me. I'd rather it focus on the serious parts of the story and the sooner the better. It looks like it might get to that next week!
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:38   Link #1325
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger027 View Post
There's something about this show that just doesn't click with me no matter how much I want to like it. The first part of this episode seriously made me consider not watching the rest, but by the end I liked it. I'm not going to say the end was completely shocking but for the first time I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I wonder what will happen next?

But there's something so odd about GC to me. Usually for anime I can accept the "It's just fun, so just enjoy watching it!" excuse but GC doesn't pull it off well at all imo. There are so many anime that have done fun, camp, fanservice but also serious at times so well but all of GC's attempts at "fun" seem to fall flat to me. I'd rather it focus on the serious parts of the story and the sooner the better. It looks like it might get to that next week!
Hmm, I kinda feel this way. There's in fact a lot of shows this very season that are fun and campy, such as Mirai Nikki or Bento. Or fanservice fests like Majikoi or Boku wa Tomadachi and I really don't mind them. For whatever reason Guilty Crown feels a bit worse when it tries it, almost feels forced at times.

That being said, despite me not liking this episode, Guilty Crown is still somewhat better than most of the anime I just brought up. I guess it just hasn't struck the right chord yet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:55   Link #1326
ninja_pintu

So, it has finally begun. With the writer of code geass and macross f behind this, I expected a lot of mindblowing cliffhanger in this series and we already have our first one. Now lets hope they don't do a Ikuhara on us
Old 2011-10-28, 02:13   Link #1327
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Non-Inori Fanart! Woohoo!

Artist: infinote
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 02:14   Link #1328
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, I kinda feel this way. There's in fact a lot of shows this very season that are fun and campy, such as Mirai Nikki or Bento. Or fanservice fests like Majikoi or Boku wa Tomadachi and I really don't mind them. For whatever reason Guilty Crown feels a bit worse when it tries it, almost feels forced at times.

That being said, despite me not liking this episode, Guilty Crown is still somewhat better than most of the anime I just brought up. I guess it just hasn't struck the right chord yet.
Remember all my posts about how atmosphere is a big part of why technically inferior series succeed while Guilty Crown struggles to? That's the second reason why it's not doing well in my eyes, and I think it's why it's not doing well in other people's eyes. Those others series know what it wants to be. Guilty Crown needs more than 3 episodes to do that apparently.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 02:42   Link #1329
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I think yesterday's South Park is still eating at me, but if we blow the perverse subtext out of proportion, you have Shu who is suffering from not being able to communicate and who seems to be dealing with repressed desires (even though he knows that one girl seems really into him) and while getting teased by an idol whom many people (including him) desire, he gets called out by her/their boss and gets told he should go and violate a number of his classmates to catch a snitch because nobody seems to trust a physical description. So he ends up forcefully yanking out people's innermost thoughts without their consent (mindraep), vicariously ending up marginally better at making eye contact and probably a lot better at assaulting people.

From insecure and socially awkward to serial rapist. Bravo.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 02:54   Link #1330
Forsaken_Infinity

Since I gave up on getting any serious story or character development last week already, I actually had a lot of fun with this episode.

The Class Rep isn't that hot but she's a perfect Meganekko ^^ and that other girl is actually better looking than Inori imho.

I saw the fact that his friend knew about him and the incoming betrayal before they even began talking about it >_>

I actually want to see more of the school gags than the wannabe serious plot.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 03:12   Link #1331
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Non-Inori Fanart! Woohoo!

Artist: infinote
Of course the non-Inori fanart consists of butt girl (which is what I've decided to call Tsugumi from now on). <_<
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 03:38   Link #1332
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Butts are awesome though. :]

But this means this pic is shot from the wrong direction.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 04:01   Link #1333
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Since I gave up on getting any serious story or character development last week already, I actually had a lot of fun with this episode.

The Class Rep isn't that hot but she's a perfect Meganekko ^^ and that other girl is actually better looking than Inori imho.

I saw the fact that his friend knew about him and the incoming betrayal before they even began talking about it >_>

I actually want to see more of the school gags than the wannabe serious plot.
U had hopes for a serious story? What part of second coming of code geass don't u understand? :P
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 04:09   Link #1334
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Let this be a lesson kids, of all the shady characters you can befriend- Never ever trust a two-faced drug dealer.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 04:30   Link #1335
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I enjoyed the episode. I'm hoping for more battle scenes though.
Old 2011-10-28, 04:51   Link #1336
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

ehh wasn't feeling episode 3. I guess if you have a bunch of action in the first two episodes, the third episode would be something different.
Old 2011-10-28, 05:22   Link #1337
Jarmel

Well they made it painfully obvious where this show is going. Inori is a clone/doll of someone he knew as a kid and he has amnesia due to a Void screwing up and possibly wiping his own memory out. I didn't expect them to go down the betrayal route so damn quickly though which was great. Hopefully Shu learned a lesson from this, always kill your target.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 05:29   Link #1338
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

The episode was basically showing Shu who's still on the fence when it comes to joining the rebellion.

But now he'll have to reconsider his decision since his naivete is ruining his "quiet peaceful life." He needed to finish him off when he had the chance. A dude who's always smiling like that and goes above and beyond to look out for you (especially when you're not very social) will always have an agenda. He needs to man up a bit since it's now coming back to bite him in the ass.

Speaking of which, there's nothing wrong with a little booty jiggling once and a while, especially in anime. So please don't hate on that.

It's a lot more refreshing and to be honest, it's a lot better than seeing the same old bouncing breast that appear on every episode of every anime since Gainax first created that marvelous tool.

So for now, we can let the cows rest. They're not going anywhere, Queen's Blade and Quwaser has those as does Ikkitousen.

Anyways, just let us appreciators of the posterior have the chance to enjoy these moments too, since it's like seeing a rare pokemon to us.

With that said, the CG writers really do prefer a nice booty over floppy canon balls and so do I.

Just look at C.C. and Tsugumi...

Oh and Inori is still amazing.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-10-28 at 05:45.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 06:01   Link #1339
hai_san

ep 3 had so many plotholes. The storywriter seem wanted to make a simple funny captivating story but the execution was simply most amateurish. It was so bad i couldn't even laugh at it.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 06:22   Link #1340
Sides

Why is Guilty Crown broadcasted in the noitaminA slot? It feels and looks pretty much like a high budget shonen series. I am not saying it is bad, but it could have been broadcasted at any slot and probably do good, and leaving the slot for something different.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig