AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 11:02   Link #6681
drimof87

I guess it was too much to expect t.ogre to be a threat of any kind whatsoever. It does make the other guys who stayed behind look even weaker than before. I guess i was jumping the gun, I mean Makarov alone is the saint warrior, I wonder if he got replaced or something though. Was really hoping for them to get in trouble with the whole debt thing. It did make a nice scene for the two other members to watch and get nostalgic.

It was kind of touching with Lucy, I sort of facepalmed at the all rent paid, but then it was weird for the landlady to keep the place open in the first place. Landlady must respect Fairy Tail guild quite a lot. Lol at natsu/landlady scene
drimof87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 12:01   Link #6682
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The landlady was probably asked to give it to her on that day...but yeah, it should have been made clear, even though it's a minor issue.
I may be over-thinking things here, but... exactly 7 years worth of rent money? Why only now was he paying her rent? Or was he paying it all along? The manga makes it sound like he paid all 7 years worth in that letter alone. If I were him, I'd be paying the rent all along when I found out my daughter was missing, in the hopes she'd be back. And perhaps will my fortune to her when I died. So either his fortune pays for exactly 7 years worth of rent, or... Why not 6 or 8 years worth?

It feels like he knew she would be returning then (or perhaps he's still alive). Or it could be just one big coincidence and plot convenience, designed to make Lucy have no back-rent issues but ensure she still has to work to pay rent.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 12:16   Link #6683
immblueversion

For those of you who question how Lamia Scale is somehow inferior in-universe to Twilight Ogre, stop.

It's been established that Lamia Scale is the second top guild in the country. Twilight Ogre is just the strongest guild in the city. We don't know what the number one guild currently is.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 13:10   Link #6684
White Silver King
The Isley

I'm hoping the strongest guild is comprised of Ultear (leader), Meredy, Gerard (I'm curious to see if he'd forgive Ultear, probably not) and some new super strong allies.

Meredy doesn't get a lot of credit but both her magics are very strong (though Sense is a bit trickier than Sodom).
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 13:27   Link #6685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I'm hoping the strongest guild is comprised of Ultear (leader), Meredy, Gerard (I'm curious to see if he'd forgive Ultear, probably not)
Why not? In FT, anything's forgivable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:02   Link #6686
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
This is true. *glares at Laxus*
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 18:58   Link #6687
immblueversion

Anyone else notice the landlady was wearing Lucy's trademark outfit?

She said she borrowed one of her dresses, and boy was she not kidding...

Old 2011-10-30, 20:15   Link #6688
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
This is true. *glares at Laxus*
*glares at Cana*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 20:32   Link #6689
MAX_COLA_POWER!

That dress shall be lost to me forever. Next up, Lucy's Galuna clothing is her new ace clothing.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 09:41   Link #6690
ronin myael
lost ronin

this is a decent chapter. i like the part about lucy and her dad. that was touching.
Old 2011-10-31, 11:29   Link #6691
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
except in the eyes of magic council which controls the guilds...
Old 2011-10-31, 18:58   Link #6692
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Naw, it's in the Nanoha series that anything is forgivable. Laxus was kicked out of the guild, remember? And it remains to be seen as to whether he's back in or not. And even if he is allowed back in, what kind of penance he may be forced to pay. We haven't really heard what his situation is, yet.

But I'll say that it is a general staple of shonen shows, to have the villain be forgiven by the hero after the villain has been beat. Remember Vegeta from DBZ? Considering the things he did, that's vastly more forgiveness than anything I've seen in FT.

Edit: Oh, and Jellal was thrown in prison. We have yet to find out what happened to him. Ultear and Meredy, for all we know, kept their "evilness" in secret from the world at large. At best, they could be prosecuted for being a part of a Dark guild. I'm guessing they decided to hide away and keep a low profile these past 7 years.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 20:35   Link #6693
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Edit: Oh, and Jellal was thrown in prison. We have yet to find out what happened to him. Ultear and Meredy, for all we know, kept their "evilness" in secret from the world at large. At best, they could be prosecuted for being a part of a Dark guild. I'm guessing they decided to hide away and keep a low profile these past 7 years.
Looks like someone forgot who acted as Jellal's public accomplice (despite being the mastermind of the plot, which is most definitely even worse) and destroyed the original council building in the plain sight of an eyewitness.

Old 2011-10-31, 21:36   Link #6694
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Naw, it's in the Nanoha series that anything is forgivable. Laxus was kicked out of the guild, remember? And it remains to be seen as to whether he's back in or not. And even if he is allowed back in, what kind of penance he may be forced to pay. We haven't really heard what his situation is, yet.

But I'll say that it is a general staple of shonen shows, to have the villain be forgiven by the hero after the villain has been beat. Remember Vegeta from DBZ? Considering the things he did, that's vastly more forgiveness than anything I've seen in FT.

Yeah there's a fair bit of forgive and forget in FT, but not much more than is common for a lot of series. Less in some cases probably.

Laxus was thrown out of the guild. Despite various shows of fondness and caring around that time, he also drew a fair bit of hostility when he showed up to see Makarov and get thrown out. Even months later after he shows up to help fight Hades, Makarov feels compelled to yell a reminder at Laxus that he's currently exiled; and his reputation is fearsome enough that Wendy was afraid to talk to him and introduce herself.

When Gajeel joined the guild, Makarov made it clear that it wouldn't tolerate the sort of casual brutality Gajeel showed at Phantom Lord. Jet and Droy proceeded to beat him up after he joined for him attacking them and Levy, followed by Laxus beating him up even worse when he discovered the situation. The attack didn't stop until Gajeel shielded Levy from a stray shot of Laxus's. Later on, despite being critical to stopping Laxus, then saving everyone's lives in Edoras, he still wasn't generally considered trustworthy enough to get a shot at S-Class himself.

Phantom Lord itself was disbanded for starting a guild war. Fairy Tail was also at risk, but they had the benefit of 3/10 councilors essentially in their pocket as far as "keep Fairy Tail from being disbanded" goes, as well as the minor detail that Phantom Lord started it, and employing town wrecking weapons.

Hoteye was turned good by Nirvana, and still got thrown into prison for his crimes as part of the Oricon Seis. Despite the additional detail that the Oricon Seis were all kids from the Tower of Paradise that Brain had essentially picked out and raised/warped to suit his purposes. Being a victim of slavery and what amounts to years of brainwashing does not give you a free pass from your crimes apparently.

Gerard of course was arrested with the expectation he'd either be executed, or imprisoned for life. That he had amnesia was not considered a valid excuse. It certainly doesn't seem to have won him sympathy from his jailers either.

Even Cana betraying Lucy is something that Cana isn't shrugging off as easily as Lucy is, and pretty much expects it to be something she regrets for life.

So yeah, while forgiven and forget is there, the worse you've done, the more likely you are to be facing consequences for it, and the less likely you'll be to be getting sufficient forgiveness, or forgetfulness.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 21:50   Link #6695
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Yeah there's a fair bit of forgive and forget in FT, but not much more than is common for a lot of series.
Pretty much. There's a fair bit of forgiveness in manga, period. Kinda pisses me off too sometimes... All it takes is a sob story and suddenly you are a nice guy.
Old 2011-10-31, 22:43   Link #6696
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Despite the additional detail that the Oricon Seis were all kids from the Tower of Paradise that Brain had essentially picked out and raised/warped to suit his purposes
when was this reveal?
Old 2011-10-31, 23:47   Link #6697
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
when was this reveal?
It was mentioned in the volume 19 Q&A section, and the anime incorporated it as well.

The only hints of it in the manga itself were Brain being Gerard's teacher, Hoteye's missing brother being a slave at the tower that Gerard had taken over, and the Oricon Seis having "prayers" that were oddly simple, harmless and entirely unrelated in comparison to their stated goals.
Old 2011-11-01, 00:04   Link #6698
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Everytime you guys say Oricon, I keep thinking that ORACION Seis is actually a cult who's god is some kind of Dictionary.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 02:17   Link #6699
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Everytime you guys say Oricon, I keep thinking that ORACION Seis is actually a cult who's god is some kind of Dictionary.
Sorry. I've spent enough time looking at Oricon sales data like this for one reason or another, that my brain auto corrects to Oricon.
Old 2011-11-01, 03:53   Link #6700
sergel02

lol i keep pronouncing them as Oricon.

Speaking of which akb sold another million. I think its gonna be that way for a while.

But, Fairy Tail's last volume last week sold i think 327K
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen