AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 22:05   Link #521
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Although I'm more annoyed that Deneve's group have not arrived to help given they should be present before Clare shows up. Which is why I'm guessing they do show up next chapter to slightly even the odds until Clare's trio does awaken.
Well let's think positive thoughts, maybe Deneve and Tabitha are permanently lost in the mountains. It would be like Blaire Witch Project, but in the cold and take place in the story Claymore.

Even better, Deneve could argue with Tabitha about where the map is...that Cynthia drew on the ground.

Edit: And then there could be a sequel that makes even less sense.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:10   Link #522
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Well Priscilla/Clare/Destroyer are the only elements that I could see changing this unwinnable situation into something where at least some of them can survive. It would also be odd for the story to be resolved without Clare. Although I'm more annoyed that Deneve's group have not arrived to help given they should be present before Clare shows up. Which is why I'm guessing they do show up next chapter to slightly even the odds until Clare's trio does awaken.
I do hope that Deneve and the others show up next chapter. It has been too long. I would have expected them to be there by now. Once they do arive though, they should be able to help out Miria and whatever warriors are left. Whether that means fighting the new AO's or retreating from the battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Well let's think positive thoughts, maybe Deneve and Tabitha are permanently lost in the mountains. It would be like Blaire Witch Project, but in the cold and take place in the story Claymore.
The biggest mistake was that Deneve let Tabitha decide what to do.

Quote:
Hmm, I got the same Claymore!. Would my guess that this is the work of Grimshite be wrong?
Well it seems that someone doesn't like the jokes. But when an opportunity like Miria using her new oral fight skills appears, how can someone resist

I just got another white rep that said "screw you, dillweed". someone must really not like sexual jokes

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-05, 22:19   Link #523
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The biggest mistake was that Deneve let Tabitha decide what to do.
I completely disagree; I completely loath Dr.Deneve, and I applauded when Tabitha punched her (despite her blunt words on Miria being truthful). This leadership is exactly the opportunity Tabitha needs to truly shine, and while I understand some people's logic in that Deneve is next in line to lead after Miria, the importance of this opportunity for Tabitha feels too strong for me.

Say what you will about Tabitha's popularity; anything is better then Dr.D leading the group -- Helen can lead for all I care, anyone but Deneve.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:22   Link #524
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ahh, thank you very much -- it does change the context of the words, and does show that Miria truly did beat Hysteria wholly....so much for showing up at the Org without the intention of killing anyone .
Her hands are still nicely clean though thanks to the non-death

Nice to know (I guess ) I'm not the only one getting weird rep... (It was white for me too, and no big deal either way, but the reasoning baffled me. Thanks for the counter-reps though, guys. Edit: heh, it looks like I got the "assmonkey" too.)

BTW, who are these FOs you guys speak of? There was nothing forbidden about them: Dae got his superior's blessing for the work; and they were allowed to live and awaken, not forbidden it Why not call them ZAOs (zombie AOs) like me and Gooral have? It fits with the good old ZACS too

Last edited by yononaka; 2011-11-05 at 22:39.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:24   Link #525
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I completely disagree; I completely loath Dr.Deneve, and I applauded when Tabitha punched her (despite her blunt words on Miria being truthful). This leadership is exactly the opportunity Tabitha needs to truly shine, and while I understand some people's logic in that Deneve is next in line to lead after Miria, the importance of this opportunity for Tabitha feels too strong for me.

Say what you will about Tabitha's popularity; anything is better then Dr.D leading the group -- Helen can lead for all I care, anyone but Deneve.
I would prefer Deneve to lead over Tabitha. But Deneve is not a very good leader because she let someone else decide where to go. If they hadn't gone to the AB factory they probably would have already arrived at the Organization. So i do not think that either of them are good leaders. And i Like Deneve, even if she is an uncertified psychiatrist

Maybe Yuma can lead though

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-11-05 at 22:35.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:24   Link #526
Nixl

Shieky, the only reason Tabitha is leading is so she can screw things up so badly that Yuma comes in and dominates. Also, Yuma can tell Dr. D to take that wedge and shove it. She already stole Cythia's job right out from under her and now let's her live in pitty, because she is now the master. Yuma punch, Yuma throw, Yuma grope, and soon to be Yuma Boss.

ZAOs? I kind of like that, I'll summon together a Congressional committee including only myself (so lonely T_T...) and make an amendment to the great wall of bad acronyms.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:27   Link #527
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Shieky, the only reason Tabitha is leading is so she can screw things up so badly that Yuma comes in and dominates. Also, Yuma can tell Dr. D to take that wedge and shove it. She already stole Cythia's job right out from under her and now let's her live in pitty, because she is now the master. Yuma punch, Yuma throw, Yuma grope, and soon to be Yuma Boss.
Lol yes soon Yuma will surpass Miria and become the leader of the ghosts and then Queen of the entire continent.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:29   Link #528
Nixl

Claire better watch her ass, because Yuma is stealing the position of main character. She is the Roxanne of character importance. Slowly, but surely making her way to the top by incorporating new techniques one at a time (throw ability, Cynthia's heal, and more to come).
Old 2011-11-05, 22:43   Link #529
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I gave it a 9, because besides being a pretty good chapter in itself, it's also highly suggestive that we're FINALLY getting back to the Claireblob in the very near future. OH MY GAWD.

Also, I will hit something very hard if Yagi uses the Priscilla arm taking control of these zombies as a plot haxx for Teresa "awakening" and speaking from the dead (so to speak), to guide Claire through some epic climactic action later on in the story.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:02   Link #530
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Still this whole event brings up an interesting possible and plausible plot point, akin to Ghost in the Shell. Our understanding of death is that once a being dies, that's it. You can bring back the body, but the "soul" is gone. Here we see the complete opposite of that; not only did Dae bring the bodies back but they also have their old personalities (minus some memories).

This suggests that the "souls" Claire holds (Teresa, Irene, Raphaela, Luciella, and now Priscilla) could conceivably be "restored" as unique individual beings. I'm starting to think that we're nearing the answer to what Raphaela meant when she told Claire she was making a big mistake.

Remember that Raphaela gave Claire everything that was "her" before the Destroyer (this could imply she also gave Claire Luciella's memories too). Why would she do that? With the emphasis on "soul linking" and now being able to resurrect long dead Claymore complete with their "souls" intact....what exactly was the Organization (Dae) really experimenting on? Immortal warriors?

It does seem silly but there is something at work here that Yagi is driving at, I think.
While i think this line of thought is plausibly and can possibly be explained if played out, I really hope Yagi do not go down this road. If such soul restoration become possible, it makes all the hardship and sacrifice throughout the entire series pretty meaningless. I rather think of the 3 resurrected No.1 akin to some type of cloning from DNA tissue but in a way to combine the original bodies and cloned mind with the same memory and experience rather then the soul of the original being restored.

Another possibility could be in fact all three has already awakened when they died but they didn't finish the process before they were killed. Thus the process Dae used was really just restoring ABs to the state just prior to their awakening and the use of youki and mental shock will once again trigger the process and complete their awakening. Think of them as already ABs when they died and Dae is able to preserve their body tissues and resuscitate the ABs via the AB cells/body parts and continue their awaken process.

I still hope for Clare learning to control a full awakening, demonstrate that human will being the stronger of two contested will in the awakened body, from what she gleamed from the destroyer and Raph. That she will gain the full power of AB while remain a claymore/human without resort to restoring Teresa, Irene, Pris or anyone that have died or became ABs.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:40   Link #531
BlackMagister

No the reason Deneve let Tabitha choose is because Tabitha was conflicted about whether or not to go to the Organization or go to the facility. The Organization is where Tabitha wanted to go because of her loyalty to Miria, but the facility is the more "morally correct" choice because the manufactured ABs were going crazy and could hurt people. If Deneve had forced Tabitha to go to the facility she would still be conflicted and hence a liability in battle. Because Tabitha made the choice on her own she should have no regrets fighting the created ABs.

Deneve just gave one choice to Tabitha and it was for a good reason.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:46   Link #532
claremore

what if priscilla is not going to come out the same power as she was before. It could be that while she has been in the destroyer, it absorbed her power somehow. maybe priscilla will not be the one to fight the zombies at all and it will be clare destroyer using priscillas added strength?
Old 2011-11-06, 00:57   Link #533
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
(...)
You know the difference between something that someone can't do because it's impossible and something that someone won't do because it's not in their nature,right?

When ATM explained why Miria didn't cut Hysteria's head off by saying she was without arms you replied: "LOL,good point,i'm surprised i didn't notice this sooner,hahaha.". So don't make a fool of yourself.

And as Ryus has pointed out but I think it deserves highlighting: the sword not sliding out of Miria's mouth was ridiculous. Even if she wasn't salivating (which is doubtful since we've seen on several occasions Claymores salivating) the shape of the grip wasn't adapted to hold in your teeth with wich you wouldn't even be able to "lock it around". So it's another argument that shows force of her was only one of the factors here. Even if she was capable of biting with a 10,000 N (which is more than most - if not all - animals) the sword could still slide out of her mouth (more like it should if only because Hysteria would barely touch Miria's sword with hers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Incidentally, those of you who didn't see the raw might not be aware that these lines were written in a different font, so Yagi did put in the touch of her not just speaking normally while holding something with her mouth.
It differs only slightly and to be honest makes even less sense since it's bigger and bolded (so I would think it was louder and clearer than usual) AND Hysteria says in exact same manner. Fail, fail and fail.

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-11-06 at 01:07.
Old 2011-11-06, 04:53   Link #534
MalakTawus

@Gooral

Quote:
When ATM explained why Miria didn't cut Hysteria's head off by saying she was without arms you replied: "LOL,good point,i'm surprised i didn't notice this sooner,hahaha.". So don't make a fool of yourself.
Hahahaha.Are you serious?
What's wrong with me not noticing that fact and focusing on other reasons to explain why Miria didn't think to destroy Histy's body?
It doesn't change the fact that once ATM made me notice what Miria should have done to destroy's her body it was pretty clear to me that Miria sure as hell is not the type to do something like that (especially if we add to that all the other reasons that i had already pointed out).
So no Gooral,i'm not making a fool of myself,there is nothing strange in what you ponted out about my post,try again,lol.

Quote:
And as Ryus has pointed out but I think it deserves highlighting: the sword not sliding out of Miria's mouth was ridiculous. Even if she wasn't salivating (which is doubtful since we've seen on several occasions Claymores salivating) the shape of the grip wasn't adapted to hold in your teeth with wich you wouldn't even be able to "lock it around". So it's another argument that shows force of her was only one of the factors here. Even if she was capable of biting with a 10,000 N (which is more than most - if not all - animals) the sword could still slide out of her mouth (more like it should if only because Hysteria would barely touch Miria's sword with hers).
Hahahahahaha! This is one of your arguments? Are you serious? Ok.....
I could simply discard this point saying that this is just a manga,not a scentific illustrated book (ok that we like to discuss things using physics,BUT that's just something we like to do,it's not something that Yagi has to necessarily take in consideration,lol....especially since we know very well that often physics doesn't work at all in this manga....like 99,999% of others manga in this genre btw,lol).

Anyway,we actually don't know the material used for the grip, so your complaint here is even more ridiculous,lol.

And 10000N (more or less like an alligator)??? Hahahahaha! With a force like that Miria would have been able to grab the sword perfectly anyway without ZERO chance to slide,ZERO!
If you really want to use physics at least use your head a bit more,lol. To really understand what 10000N mean you have to also consider the area used in the bite,and for a human 10000N would generate a preassure so high that nothing could slide from a bite like that,lol.

And you say that i'm the one that makes a fool of himself,ok.......

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-11-06 at 05:03.
Old 2011-11-06, 05:41   Link #535
su5so

Chapter surprising. The form of Cassandra's Ao I looked really macabre and how she overcame Roxanne completely I liked this.

But I did not like Miria dodge the attack by Cassandra on page 12 swaying to one side without even using her jump ghost. It seemed absurd compared with Roxxane couldn't avoid it moments before, (who had the amazing yoki reading copy of the old number 9) being completely overcome.
Then on page 13, ( they fought each other) Miria and Hysteria again dodge another Cassandra's attack without using their jumps techniques, another absurdity.
This indicates that Roxxane is slow and Cassandra AB it's no big thing ... I did not like this...

Miria's victory seemed lame, but I will not repeat what has been said in previous comments.
Old 2011-11-06, 05:48   Link #536
MalakTawus

@su5so

Quote:
But I did not like Miria dodge the attack by Cassandra on page 12 swaying to one side without even using her jump ghost. It seemed absurd compared Roxxane couldn't avoid it moments before, being completely overcome.
Well,i doubt that Cassy's attack against Miria were as focused as the ones against Roxy......also tbh it's quite possible (i'd say even very probable) that Miria and Histy are indeed faster than Roxy so they can dodge better those attacks.
Miris is a monster herself,it's not so easy to be faster than her, even for n.1 warriors.
Histy can beat Miria in speed BUT she herself was a warrior specialized in speed, on the contrary we have no indication in this sense for Cassy and Roxy.
Old 2011-11-06, 05:59   Link #537
su5so

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Well,i doubt that Cassy's attack against Miria were as focused as the ones against Roxy......also tbh it's quite possible (i'd say even very probable) that Miria and Histy are indeed faster than Roxy so they can dodge better those attacks.
Miris is a monster herself,it's not so easy to be faster than her, even for n.1 warriors.
Histy can beat Miria in speed BUT she herself was a warrior specialized in speed, on the contrary we have no indication in this sense for Cassy and Roxy.
You're right. The dilemma is that when Hysteria awake will be much faster than Cassandra and Roxanne AO's. So I have the impression that she is the only one left alive from this situation in case of a clash of the three AOs giving that way more likely to "good characters" out of the situation alive. And I think we all want to see a death, at least secondary characters.
Old 2011-11-06, 06:19   Link #538
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
You're right. The dilemma is that when Hysteria awake will be much faster than Cassandra and Roxanne AO's. So I have the impression that she is the only one left alive from this situation in case of a clash of the three AOs giving that way more likely to "good characters" out of the situation alive. And I think we all want to see a death, at least secondary characters.
Well,when Hisy awakens it would make sense for her to become even faster....but tbh i'm not so sure there will be a clash of all the 3 abyssals, maybe we'll have Cassy and Roxy's "duel" while Histy........oh god,Miria is in trouble(again)......
Even if Deneve's group arrive on the battlefield i doubt they can help Miria against an opponent as fast as Histy (IF her aw-form is indeed speed-based),at best i can see they fight against Roxy and Cassy since their speed is more reasonable,but even in that case the difference in power would be "abyssal" (LOL).

Imo (since personally i don't see Histy joining Cassy and Roxy's "duel"):

-or the rebels escape thanx to someone remaining behind fighting (the ghosts) and almost surely dying

-or it will be a total carneficine

-or Prissy and Claire join the battle before it's too late (or at least before complete annihilation) and change completely the situation
Old 2011-11-06, 07:54   Link #539
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
It differs only slightly and to be honest makes even less sense since it's bigger and bolded (so I would think it was louder and clearer than usual) AND Hysteria says in exact same manner. Fail, fail and fail.
That's because it's so "important" Anyway, I just thought I'd give Yagi('s defenders) a little something after being on his case for so long

A tip for you in return for the rep: When you argue with Malak, it's important to boost your argument by saying "Wrong." after you quote him. The rest doesn't really matter, as you've already established your correctness in a clear and concise manner. (No offense Malak, but after the effort you spent whitewashing the mouth trick, it really is ridiculous for you to make an issue out of chopping off the head and pretend you didn't notice Miria had no hands for that either. If you're going to say that is not what you meant, then you habitually skimping on clearly expressing what you mean is not a good basis for blaming others for misreading... Just saying.)
Old 2011-11-06, 08:23   Link #540
Nixl

Actually yononaka, try saying he is just in denial by having a different opinion, because that is a counter-argument in itself apparently.
Closed Thread