AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 19:51   Link #1
Ansa

How smart is Lacus really?

This may mostly apply to SEED since we haven't seen her do much of anything but sing in Destiny but how smart is she really...

Spoiler:

Unless I'm mistaken they're isn't really an answer stated, mostly speculation is all we got... So oppions? Or blow me away with Facts I must have forgotten/Missed!
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 19:56   Link #2
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
This may mostly apply to SEED since we haven't seen her do much of anything but sing in Destiny but how smart is she really...

Spoiler:

Unless I'm mistaken they're isn't really an answer stated, mostly speculation is all we got... So oppions? Or blow me away with Facts I must have forgotten/Missed!
Those were all coincidental. I don't think the writers' really wished to deal with a fight that had Kira/Mwu against Rau/Hindered Athrun, as Kira would most likely have killed Rau. Plus, he was just done handing her over, something that she couldn't have predicted he would do, so how was she planning it?

Lacus is about as smart/manipulative as Fllay, in that.. All they have both done is boost Kira's morale.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:13   Link #3
Halie

yea..but I think Lacus acualy loves Kira.
Halie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:25   Link #4
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, Lacus is somewhat an enigma. Some people have said she is basically a Mary Sue...

But in SEED Destiny, she appears to be a harmless home-maker! Dangerous...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:43   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Flay is "manipulative", but I really doubt her intelligence however, and its not like she's manipulating for a clear reason (since she was quite confused). She was just manipulating because she thought it would hurt Kira (but of course, she was still quite confused and some of this "manipulating" affected herself too)

Lacus however is definitely intelligent... She plans her acts carefully and her ability to deceive others is just amazing. Not to mention all those hijacks that she was able to pull off and all the poetic speeches that she can give.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-12-04 at 22:51.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 21:12   Link #6
Halie

yea..that was the best..hey,I`m just cute and inocent.
hold on,I`m gonna help some one steal your new MS then while still being cute atleast I`m gonna turn your best pilot against you AND to top it all off I`m gonna steal your new ship too..
Old 2004-12-04, 21:18   Link #7
Kageh
Union Ace

I think this is something they didn't really elaborate much on. It's obvious though that Lacus is really respected in Plant (everyone calling her Lacus-sama). She apparently has an impressive pedigree and is most likely some kind of elite among coordinators. If I remember correctly, her arranged marriage with Athrun was supposed to be such a big deal because those two elite were bound to have some incredible progeny (although I guess Kira's "seed" is even better ). I think this was even stated explicitly in Seed.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 21:32   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageh
I think this is something they didn't really elaborate much on. It's obvious though that Lacus is really respected in Plant (everyone calling her Lacus-sama). She apparently has an impressive pedigree and is most likely some kind of elite among coordinators. If I remember correctly, her arranged marriage with Athrun was supposed to be such a big deal because those two elite were bound to have some incredible progeny (although I guess Kira's "seed" is even better ). I think this was even stated explicitly in Seed.
Well, to the average Coordinator she was the daughter of the (former) PLANT Council Chairman and an idol (or THE idol, since she seems to be the only one? ) who sang songs of peace. Her arranged marriage to Athrun was a big deal because their fathers were the most prominent leaders that PLANT ever had and were widely respected as well. But to Clyne Fraction insiders, she was definitely someone who's respected and who everyone followed. I think SEED made this pretty clear.
Old 2004-12-04, 22:42   Link #9
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Is it just me, or are Kira and Lacus terribly thin in SEED Destiny?
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:08   Link #10
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Is it just me, or are Kira and Lacus terribly thin in SEED Destiny?
yep, they did lose some weight. Don't worry though, when the war starts, i can guarantee u they will be back in top shape and we will admire Lacus' boobs shown in the OP once again. (ok i officially sounded like a no life anime freak.. quite funny since one of my friends has a better body stature then lacus currently... yep, don't the guys try to hit on her all the time)
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:12   Link #11
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Talking Lacus's (Dark) Ambition.

In CE 62.
Young Lacus made a wish upon a falling star to be the Empress Of The Universe.
Unfortunately for her, her wish is nearly impossible because of the hatre between the Naturals and the Coordinator.

To achieve her goal, young Lacus use her father's name and relations in the political world to collect information and start an espionage web.The info she has got her hands on includes Kira's birth and Cruze's secrets.Thus Cruze slowly became a pawn in Lacus's hand without his knowledge.

About her engagment to Athrun, this is all part of her plan to control Patrick through Athrun.And in her bid to spread her popularity, she takes on the role of an Idol and through her protryal of innocence, her fanbase increase with time.

But after her accidental meeting with Kira, Cruze became uncontrollable. Just as things had become out of hand, Lacus recieve a live catch sent by Malchio which was Kira.And you know the rest of the story.

Lacus sent in some of her fans to secure a new Gundam and a new Ship.And she form a 3rd faction to enter the war till the ceasefire happens.

After the ceasefire, Lacus's fanbase became a cult.She has also got her hands on the technology behind cloning and began the next step in her ambition.She started a fanclub and from there she selected a few chosen ones to be her bodyguard.Her number 1 bodyguard is Kira who she stayed by for 2 years in order to brainwash him.

In order to prevent Cagalli and Athrun from knowing about her plans, she use the cloning tech to make something that outdo Cruze and that's "Lacus MK-II".She has plans to mass produce other "Lacus" too.

From her espionage web, she knows about the new Gundams made by ZAFT and sent in 3 fanatic fans from EA to steal those and make some noise in ZAFT,if possible.

Thereafter, the ceasefire is broken by evil Lacus alone which even got the neutral ORB got stuck into.This is all part of her plan to start a 4th faction, "Sect Of Lacus" to draw those from the populance who are tired of war into joining.From there, Lacus will bid her time until the first three faction lose their stability in which she will activate the sect to topple them and establish her "Lacus Reich"

But there are those in ZAFT who are aware of her ambition and therefore develope the Zakus and 5 new gundams in a bid to stop her.Out of those 5 Gundams, 4 are of transformation ability and 1 has hard points.When the 5 are togather, they sent out Magnetic Wave which allow them to combine into "Super Magnetic Gundam V5".5 Anti-Lacus MS pilots has been selected to be the pilots of the new Gundams.But,alas, 3 of those has already been stolen.

Will ZAFT ever stop Lacus ? Stay tune to Gundam SEED Destiny !
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:13   Link #12
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa

Spoiler:

I think part of it had something to do with her father being killed by patrick zala's forces, despite them being good friends and all.
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:20   Link #13
KuraLighterzZ
Slashz (N) Killz

Send a message via MSN to KuraLighterzZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
In CE 62.
Unfortunately for her, her wish is nearly impossible because of the hatre between the Naturals and the Coordinator.

To achieve her goal, young Lacus use her father's name and relations in the political world to collect information and start an espionage web.The info she has got her hands on includes Kira's birth and Cruze's secrets.Thus Cruze slowly became a pawn in Lacus's hand without his knowledge.

About her engagment to Athrun, this is all part of her plan to control Patrick through Athrun.And in her bid to spread her popularity, she takes on the role of an Idol and through her protryal of innocence, her fanbase increase with time.

But after her accidental meeting with Kira, Cruze became uncontrollable. Just as things had become out of hand, Lacus recieve a live catch sent by Malchio which was Kira.And you know the rest of the story.

Lacus sent in some of her fans to secure a new Gundam and a new Ship.And she form a 3rd faction to enter the war till the ceasefire happens.

After the ceasefire, Lacus's fanbase became a cult.She has also got her hands on the technology behind cloning and began the next step in her ambition.She started a fanclub and from there she selected a few chosen ones to be her bodyguard.Her number 1 bodyguard is Kira who she stayed by for 2 years in order to brainwash him.

In order to prevent Cagalli and Athrun from knowing about her plans, she use the cloning tech to make something that outdo Cruze and that's "Lacus MK-II".She has plans to mass produce other "Lacus" too.

From her espionage web, she knows about the new Gundams made by ZAFT and sent in 3 fanatic fans from EA to steal those and make some noise in ZAFT,if possible.

Thereafter, the ceasefire is broken by evil Lacus alone which even got the neutral ORB got stuck into.This is all part of her plan to start a 4th faction, "Sect Of Lacus" to draw those from the populance who are tired of war into joining.From there, Lacus will bid her time until the first three faction lose their stability in which she will activate the sect to topple them and establish her "Lacus Reich"

But there are those in ZAFT who are aware of her ambition and therefore develope the Zakus and 5 new gundams in a bid to stop her.Out of those 5 Gundams, 4 are of transformation ability and 1 has hard points.When the 5 are togather, they sent out Magnetic Wave which allow them to combine into "Super Magnetic Gundam V5".5 Anti-Lacus MS pilots has been selected to be the pilots of the new Gundams.But,alas, 3 of those has already been stolen.

well written like a pro ... nice plot ...
KuraLighterzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 00:15   Link #14
Halie

lol,I love it..you should be writing a gundam series..
Old 2004-12-05, 03:14   Link #15
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say Lacus is much much smarter and more manipulative than Fllay can ever dream to be.

As for how smart Lacus really is, I guess quite a bit smarter than Athena, the Goddess of War and Wisdom
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 04:24   Link #16
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
Though I think that's she's actually really quite intelligent, I believe her defining attribute is being sneaky, for lack of a better word. In any case, I think she's probably even sneakier than Kleuze. Managing to cast illegal broadcasts without getting caught, stealing the prototype battleship Eternal, subverting a ZAFT Commander plus his crew, and giving away a prototype Gundam. That's quite the accomplishment list, lol. Cheers to ya Lacus!
Old 2004-12-05, 04:33   Link #17
FlyByNite

You left out the fact that the Haro's have been reprogrammed by Lacus and turned into spying and infiltration devices.

That's how she kept getting the lock open on her Archangel room
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 02:13   Link #18
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
You left out the fact that the Haro's have been reprogrammed by Lacus and turned into spying and infiltration devices.

That's how she kept getting the lock open on her Archangel room
nice- a haro spy.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 07:22   Link #19
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
In CE 62.

Ah~good summary of Lacus,Makube~
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:34   Link #20
Godtype
Face it.

There has been no such signs' that Lacus has been manipulative, especially of Kira. The point I have to stress again and again is that Kira was fighting to protect those precious to him and his beliefs that he holds close, even if there was no Fllay/Lacus, I think that the little girl that died on the civilian shuttle effected him more greatly than either of them.

Again, there has been no clear signs that Lacus has been manipulative, unless we're talking about the fake one with the chairman.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote