AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-08, 02:07   Link #861
Marine-RX179

About Himeko and Chikane's relationship, I believe a Japanese kanji phase with the meaning of 'More than just friends, but are not quite lovers' (can't type kanji...) would best describe it.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:09   Link #862
overfiend

ARRRRRGGGGGTHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Souma must die!!!

Anything else is unacceptable.

Die, die, die!!!

I'm better now
overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:17   Link #863
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend
This threatens to be

BUT. I will assume most here have seen or are familiar with Blue Seed. If you haven't or aren't, and are interested in another take on the Orochi myth - watch it. The second series isn't that great, but the first is pretty damn cool.

Also Masamune Shirow did a manga named Orion which features Susano-O and Amaterasu as main characters. I'm not sure if Orochi was in it though.

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested.

This topic is no longer

Orion didn't use the name Orochi, but it did have an 8-headed Naga equation.

Orion is absolutely the best thing Shirow has ever written in my humble opinion. In most of his works he skips one of the important lessons of writing, "Don't tell it, show it!" But he managed to get it right in Orion. (I'd say more about Orion, but this thread is suppose to be about KnM and this is only relevant due to its connection to the Orochi story.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:23   Link #864
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Oogami's pretty much dead unless Himeko actually... uh... starts caring about him.

I mean, I was always expecting Himeko/Chikane, but what further cemented it was episode 10, and I'm pretty sure most of you who've seen episode 10 know the reason why.

Spoiler for those who haven't seen up to episode 10 and some predictions:

Old 2004-12-08, 02:41   Link #865
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I guess I'm the only person who thinks that nobody will die.

Self delusion..?
Did I watch too much cheesy anime shows? Am I too jaded?
Divine insight into the future?

Only time will tell...
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:42   Link #866
SeedBoy

What i still dont get, is
Spoiler:

Its funny the way the story goes, without much explaination yet. Either they all die or all live, but Im hoping for a satisfying ending, not no cliffbangger or chopen/ended thing.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:42   Link #867
Mentar
Banned

I feel like we're missing some pieces of the puzzle yet. Therefore we're up to alot of speculation. This is the way I could make them fit together the best, but ALOT of questions remain unanswered yet. For discussion:

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:49   Link #868
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedBoy
What i still dont get, is
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-08, 03:08   Link #869
DrewGSR

so many possibilties, but yea i wouldn't care if Souma got his ass handed to him and killed by Chikane tho lol. Shoot he might as well just seppuku himself lol. I do agree that i think some WILL die but i not sure who i think will tho. show turns coat real quick so it can go either way. Also im really suprised this show is such a hot topic with so many views and constant replies with everyone all WTF after the first episode lol.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 03:15   Link #870
Lance

It's really sad that there will be only 2 episodes... I guess some questions will be answered but there will be many issues that remain unexplained and leave to the viewers' imagination... But this anime is shoujo-ai to begin with so at least the female-female relationship should be the first priority issue and needs to be adequately explained...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lance; 2004-12-08 at 05:20.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 03:50   Link #871
SeedBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
True, although dont forget that no matter how hard Chikane tried, if that's her intention, the symbols crested on their own body can never change, or at least thats how it should be since it looks like its embedded on them. So clearly enough, Himeko's Sun crest still shines her out.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 04:06   Link #872
Mentar
Banned

Well, she _is_ the Sun Miko after all. But this is the best explanation I can come up with for Chikane's actions. She wants to switch roles - and thus switch the destinies. At least from this perspective her actions would make some bizarre sense.

(Of course Chikane could just have snapped and do things wantonly, but that would be no real basis for an anime *grins*)
Old 2004-12-08, 04:48   Link #873
FlyByNite

So I watched 10 and I gotta say Himeko must have fell out of the stupid tree and hit all the branches on the way down...

Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 05:46   Link #874
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

You know...I like Souma and all, but preferably he shouldn't get together with Himeko. Not that I dislike either pairing of ChikaneHimeko or HimekoSouma but Souma's way too good for Himeko. Souma! Even if his fate is to die, he shall walk bravely into that fate fighting for what he believes in! As for the rest of the cast.... I hope the world undergoes nuclear winter after that and everybody dies (except the real Orochi members), that's about how much I care for them.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 05:54   Link #875
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I think I've heard that before.. in the Kimi ga Nozomu Eien thread...

Oh my, another Deja Vu moment for me...
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 06:02   Link #876
klath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
About Himeko and Chikane's relationship, I believe a Japanese kanji phase with the meaning of 'More than just friends, but are not quite lovers' (can't type kanji...) would best describe it.
2x2 = Shinobuden has that line.
klath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 06:09   Link #877
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
So I watched 10 and I gotta say Himeko must have fell out of the stupid tree and hit all the branches on the way down...

Spoiler:
It's gotta be the hair, or else her mean dad beat her with the stupid stick too.
Old 2004-12-08, 06:56   Link #878
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
...and she immediately climbed back up for seconds.

I guess Himeko personifies the ultimate love that is capable of forgiving anything...or that Himeko does a good job of deluding herself that anything bad/good is "just a dream."

Quote:
I don't think 友達以上 恋人未満 applies in their case because I seriously believe Himeko's love for Chikane has long passed the point of "lover" even if she's not consciously a lesbian.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 07:24   Link #879
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Hmm... I think that line is to describe yuri/lily relationship, but here it's definitely far beyond it. it has a rape!!! this is more than love, this is already a complete obsession. I think this definitely falls into the GL/Lesbian range, if not even deeper
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 07:33   Link #880
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I don't think 友達以上 恋人未満 applies in their case because I seriously believe Himeko's love for Chikane has long passed the point of "lover" even if she's not consciously a lesbian.
Well, the reason I think it's '恋人未満', is becaue Himeko do love and care about Chikane, but not in the romantic interest sort of way...and that's the only thing that's keeping them from becoming lover...if you know what I mean. If Kimeko DO have romantic interest in Chikane, they would had been a GL couple long ago....but at current point it was still Chikane's one way romantic interest (may be even lust?).....so not quite make them lover yet since it's not romantic interest both ways...

P.S. I mean that's how I see the relationship is....exclude the incident of the rape.....
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri