Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 13:43   Link #61
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuReddo View Post
I think that Buggy became a shichibukai not because of his power but because he is quite well known. he was a Crew in Roger's and it seems like the world saw that Buggy talked to Shanks like he was just his own crew(shanks).
Yes Buggy for Shichibukai. Though that usually means to give up his pirate crew which he surely won't do as this is his main strength right now. But what makes me wonder is that Shanks and Buggy should know where One Piece is (they were members of Gold Rogers crew after all), so why don't they take it?

Or perhaps Buggy is already Pirate king and he trolls everyone (Did you know his true name is "Buggy D. Clown" )
Old 2011-12-14, 13:51   Link #62
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Robin is an example of a job that isn't that important...
Robin is a historian and archeologist, her role is to make sure Luffy becomes the Pirate King and she has everything recorded for generations to know.

Also seeing that the role of the Pirate King and the Will of D is tied firmly to the Lost History and Poneglyphs, Robin is essential for making Luffy the Pirate King.

She also makes sure that the crew knows what they're facing and where they're going with her extensive knowledge of people and locations.

Now that she has direct ties with the revolutionaries, her resourcefulness has probably increased many fold.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2011-12-14, 14:08   Link #63
ellifeedn
Thinker

I just thought of something, is Joy Boy related to that smiley face we see throughout the series?
Old 2011-12-14, 14:34   Link #64
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Zoro is firts mate which act as bodyguard to captain. he also ship guard.

robin probably act as smart girl/researcher/intel for next island

there is almost no point for aokiji to joint strawhat other than fanboy wish.

also it make Strawhat to powerful and make battle boring which pretty much not what Oda do
Zoro isn't the firstmate, the Strawhats have no official firstmate and thinking otherwise is just a fanboy wish. ^^

Let me make it clear, I do NOT want Aokiji to join the Strawhats. I was merely explaining that to join you do not need to have a "job".

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Robin is a historian and archeologist, her role is to make sure Luffy becomes the Pirate King and she has everything recorded for generations to know.

Also seeing that the role of the Pirate King and the Will of D is tied firmly to the Lost History and Poneglyphs, Robin is essential for making Luffy the Pirate King.

She also makes sure that the crew knows what they're facing and where they're going with her extensive knowledge of people and locations.

Now that she has direct ties with the revolutionaries, her resourcefulness has probably increased many fold.
I'm talking job wise so anything after your second paragraph is disregarded.

Also, Robin is indeed a historian and archaeologist, however on a pirate ship she would only have the job of judging the loot, which isn't that important.

Again, I was merely pointing out that you do not need a job, or an important one, to join the Strawhats
Old 2011-12-14, 14:59   Link #65
Kallen4life

you need Luffy's approval
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-12-14, 15:02   Link #66
Rainbowman

Most candied review yet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "You Should Keep These Two Changes In Mind". The ministory features Tonjit (the old man from the Davy Back Fight arc).
I found out that Tonjit becomes a grandfather. I wonder what his children and grandchildren are like?

Quote:
-Robin continues her conversation with Neptune. It's revealed that there are three ancient weapons: Poseidon, Pluton, and Uranus. Both are worried that people would hunt down Shira if her secret were known. However, it turns out that a certain swampy supernova was eavesdropping on the conversation......
Poseidon, Pluton, and Uranus huh? Seems like we've been getting some sets of threes lately (3 Admirals, 3 Haki Colors, and 3 ancient weapons to name a few). Also I'm surprised that Caribou was sticking around a little longer.

Quote:
-Meanwhile, Jinbei informs Luffy of certain events that took place during the skip. He first explains that marine admirals Aokiji and Akainu fought each other. Looks like what sparked the battle was Sengoku pushing for Aokiji to take the FA position, while the WG higher-ups supported Akainu instead. Therefore, it was agreed that both admirals would duel over the position, and the grueling 10-day battle resulted in the red hound's victory. The newly appointed FA spares Aokiji after the duel, but it's revealed that his current whereabouts are unknown, as he abandoned the marines.....
I knew that Akainu would take over as Fleet Admiral. It was also fitting that there would be a battle of Heat vs. Cold. I'm surprised that Akainu let Aokiji live to leave his career in the marines.

Quote:
-Jinbei next reveals that Blackbeard has become an emperor. Since Teach was familiar with Whitebeard's territory, he had no problem conquering it, and is now a peer alongside Shanks and the other Yonkou. Apparently Luffy tires of his talk with Jinbei, and soon discovers Caribou, who tried to capture Shirahoshi. The swamp-man escapes, tamatebako in hand. It's at that moment when the royal guards appear, and reveal that Hody and his group have all turned into old geezers. The tamatebako was the source of the Energy Steroids.
I've suspected that Blackbeard wanted Whitebeard's position as emperor and now those suspicions are true. The fact that he and his crew are hunting down Devil Fruit users is interestingly dangerous. Makes me want to be him in order to know all the devil fruits ever known. As for the tamatebako, the energy steroids inside it must have rubbed into the box's powers.

Quote:
-Another soldier mentions that an envoy from Big Mom's crew arrived and is expecting a candy offering, but their supply was exhausted during the previous chapter's celebration. The right minister then considers making an excuse to the pirate empress, in order to quell her wrath....
Looks like ol' Linlin is in for a major disapointment. No doubt she and Luffy would battle each other and get Fishman Island destroyed each of them taking down half of the whole. Let me know when the next chapter is out wether it's next week or the week after that. -_-< "zzzzzzz...."

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2011-12-14 at 19:05.
Old 2011-12-14, 15:18   Link #67
Hallwacker
ドン

Spoiler:

No?

Maybe?
Old 2011-12-14, 15:57   Link #68
marvelB

^Uh yeah, a bunch of people has already made that assumption....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
But this is just for the strenght issue. There's something Caribou knows and that it can't be taken away. He KNOWS Shira is Poseidon, he won't be leaving the island with her, nor with the treasure, but he is gonna spread the news through the world.

But that's only taking into consideration the possibility he manages to escape from the monster trio, Jinbei, Big Mama's men, Shira's sea king pals, and so on.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:20   Link #69
Homura7

Quote:
^Uh yeah, a bunch of people has already made that assumption....

But that's only taking into consideration the possibility he manages to escape from the monster trio, Jinbei, Big Mama's men, Shira's sea king pals, and so on.
He will, don't worry. The Monster Trio will just beat their asses, retrieve back the treasure, and then you can already see how Caribou takes his revenge on them by spreading the word all over the world.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:41   Link #70
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Actually...I wonder how Caribou's crew survived at all, they weren't using bubbles when we saw them floating up...
Old 2011-12-14, 16:46   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The result wasn't a stalemate; Akainu decisively defeated Aokiji, and this is evidenced by the fact that he even spared him by the end of the battle. That is a definite indication of superiority over another. It doesn't get any more clear than that.
Oda could have simply told us who the winner was with no extra information. Instead, he went out of his way to tell us they were evenly matched, that the battle lasted 10 days and that both parties suffered grave injuries. To me, that means he doesn't want us to leap to the conclusion that Akainu is stronger than Aokiji. Fights between two perfectly even opponents do not always end in a stalemate. Just because Akainu happened to win (a very close win from the sound of it) this particular fight doesn't mean he's undoubtedly superior to Aokiji. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. We don't know enough to tell for sure imo.

In any case, it doesn't matter all that much now. Aokiji lost the one battle he absolutely had to win at any cost. Knowing he may have won on a better day is surely no consolation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Coby would lucky if Akainu didn't throw him out of the Marines.
That's true. Akainu must hate Coby's guts quite a bit after what took place during the war. I'm sure he's still in the marines, but I doubt he was granted a big promotion.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:49   Link #72
Kallen4life

Akainu wins against Aokiji with extreme difficulty - that's pretty much canon now

I expected it (not the match, but this outcome for this possible match)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-12-14, 16:58   Link #73
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

What a twist! So many new things introduced in one chapter! This week has been a good week for anime. The new Bleach chapter was really good too, but this was the besttt! Not sure what to think of the situation now haha. Surprised that Aokoji and Akainu got into a fight and that Aokoji actually ended up leaving the marines. The Strawhats will probably run into both of them later down the road. Jinbie probably feels more obligated to join now because he'll need to help Luffy stay on track with what to do and all :P.

The ability hunt thingy seems kind of lame though.. you know what that reminds me of? Remember that one show.. "Heroes" it was a pretty popular American TV show and one of the main antagonists was this one guy that had the ability to steal other peoples powers, but he'd have to kill them in order to steal their powers by opening their skull and doing something with their brain or something. So in the end he was this really overpowered bad guy that no one could really do anything about and the show turned to crap and I stopped watching it, but that was around 3 years ago. Wish Oda didn't do that.. now that I think about it.. I'm like facepalming, but hopefully he'll be able to to pull it off better than the dumb people that ruined the show "Heroes"

But besides that..I can't wait for the next chapter though!
Old 2011-12-14, 16:58   Link #74
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oda could have simply told us who the winner was with no extra information. Instead, he went out of his way to tell us they were evenly matched, that the battle lasted 10 days and that both parties suffered grave injuries. To me, that means he doesn't want us to leap to the conclusion that Akainu is stronger than Aokiji. Fights between two perfectly even opponents do not always end in a stalemate. Just because Akainu happened to win (a very close win from the sound of it) this particular fight doesn't mean he's undoubtedly superior to Aokiji. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. We don't know enough to tell for sure imo.
Of course Oda would mention those things so as to not sell Aokiji short. The ice man is an admiral, after all. And just because they're on the same level doesn't mean they're equal, as this fight proved to us. We don't need extra information beyond what Oda has told us.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:59   Link #75
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Actually...I wonder how Caribou's crew survived at all, they weren't using bubbles when we saw them floating up...

Maybe they borrowed Luffy's idea of hiding in a giant sea creature's maw for air.
Old 2011-12-14, 17:05   Link #76
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Maybe they borrowed Luffy's idea of hiding in a giant sea creature's maw for air.

But they were like wayy way wayyy deep in the ocean and the pressure should of killed them .. That was bothering me before when it happened, but I kind of just pushed it aside. Had a feeling someone would bring that up haha
Old 2011-12-14, 17:13   Link #77
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallwacker View Post
Spoiler:

No?

Maybe?
possibly, i suspect pluton is not ordinary battleship but landbattleship

or maybe it's a train which tom used part of it as base of seatrain

or maybe it's not. pluton describe as god of death hence warship. poseidon is king of sea which able to control sea and sea creature.

uranus is kinda more complicated. he pretty much one of "first" deity and father of pretty much every Greek myth creature including Titan and Greek god. so it maybe will of D it self (lol)

or it physchological warfare

what ever it is i am pretty sure it can fly

Old 2011-12-14, 17:16   Link #78
Mikoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
But what makes me wonder is that Shanks and Buggy should know where One Piece is (they were members of Gold Rogers crew after all), so why don't they take it?
I guess Shanks is like Whitebeard. He's got no interest in One Piece. And Buggy lacks the power and navigation skills to actually get that far in Grand Line.
Old 2011-12-14, 17:26   Link #79
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
possibly, i suspect pluton is not ordinary battleship but landbattleship

or maybe it's a train which tom used part of it as base of seatrain

or maybe it's not. pluton describe as god of death hence warship. poseidon is king of sea which able to control sea and sea creature.

uranus is kinda more complicated. he pretty much one of "first" deity and father of pretty much every Greek myth creature including Titan and Greek god. so it maybe will of D it self (lol)

or it physchological warfare

what ever it is i am pretty sure it can fly
I still hope that Franky will turn himself into Pluton, lol. And why is the King called Neptun and not the weapon? Shouldn't the weapon be Neptun and the king be Posseidon?
Old 2011-12-14, 17:33   Link #80
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
I still hope that Franky will turn himself into Pluton, lol. And why is the King called Neptun and not the weapon? Shouldn't the weapon be Neptun and the king be Posseidon?
neptune and poseidon basically same god. oda probably chose neptune because it name of planet just like uranus and pluto.

probably he dont want strictly to close to myth

Closed Thread