AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 11:03   Link #61
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I think the Tobi = Obito stuff is way off base.

Obito is basically an Uchiha version of Naruto. He was not naturally talented but he was passionate about being a good Ninja and kindhearted which led to him changing Kakashi's perspective on what it meant to be a Ninja. Kakashi tried to pass down Obito's philosophy to Team 7.

As far as I can tell that is really his only purpose in the manga.

He's an inspirational relic of the past.

Besides Obito would not be old enough to be Tobi who is responsible for releasing Kyuubi from Naruto's mother. Kakashi was still a kid then so Obito would be as well.

One thing is clear. Whoever Tobi is he and Madara have been plotting this Moon's Eye plan for some time. It isn't clear how long Madara survived after his battle with the First Hokage. Madara lived to know about Nagato who was apparently implanted with the Rinnegan by Tobi (Tobi states that the Rinnegan was his to begin with).

My guess is that Tobi is either Madara's younger brother or another descendant of
the Sage of 6 Paths who may not even be an Uchiha.

Whoever he is he's extremely powerful but something has happened to his body which disables him from using the full extent of his power.
I'm certainly not tobi=obito believer but during the flash back of minato vs tobo; obito would have been around 15 or 16. Izuna = tobi is my bet, if he willing gave his eyes to madara he would share his ideals.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 11:37   Link #62
Mists

What I don't understand is that in the Kyubi flashback it showed Madara, but yet in a flashback involving the 4th (Minato) - he was fighting against Tobi during that Kyubi control time...

lol what's going on?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 11:44   Link #63
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
What I don't understand is that in the Kyubi flashback it showed Madara, but yet in a flashback involving the 4th (Minato) - he was fighting against Tobi during that Kyubi control time...

lol what's going on?
That was before madara fought Hashirama

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 11:46   Link #64
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
I'm certainly not tobi=obito believer but during the flash back of minato vs tobo; obito would have been around 15 or 16. Izuna = tobi is my bet, if he willing gave his eyes to madara he would share his ideals.
I strongly agree with the sentence in bold. It makes sense , really. The main thing about Obito being Tobi that i disagree of is that people are making too much fuss just because Obito lost one eye & when Tobi first appeared he only had One Sharingan.

I think many of you are over thinking things ... Obito just died. Thats it. Why would anyone go to such extreme extents to 'fake' Obito's death just to use his body? Okay say he's a natural talent. The fact that half his body got crushed by a giant rock is already obvious enough hes a goner. So no ... I won't ever ever ever believe Obito is Tobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post

lol what's going on?
When the Real-Madara was alive he fought with the Kyuubi once.

The flashback with Minato was the 'Tobi' at that time who controlled the Kyuubi to destroy the Leaf invovling the 4th ( Minato )

They're 2 different incidents.

Oh yeah. Just asking. Did anyone instantly get reminded of Hiruma from Eyeshield 21 when the Kyuubi's name [ Kurama ] was mentioned?
Old 2011-12-28, 15:34   Link #65
Tomislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*slaps Tomislav with a copy of "Journey to the West"
I should have expected this, and I apologize

Nevertheless, I feel like Kishi could have avoided the quote. This is my only concern reguarding this chapter. This said, I can go back to my silence
Old 2011-12-28, 16:23   Link #66
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
The main thing about Obito being Tobi that i disagree of is that people are making too much fuss just because Obito lost one eye & when Tobi first appeared he only had One Sharingan.
I'm just going to site that there is so much more evidence posted on this forum about it without actually reiterating it all. All I'm saying is that this is not nearly the only reason I and others believe it to be the most likely outcome as you're making it seem.

Quote:
I think many of you are over thinking things ... Obito just died. Thats it. Why would anyone go to such extreme extents to 'fake' Obito's death just to use his body?
assuming the theory, madara didnt fake obito's death. he just took the body before it died or soon after. it wasnt some grand scheme involving obito's character

Quote:
Okay say he's a natural talent. The fact that half his body got crushed by a giant rock is already obvious enough hes a goner.
its a massive injury sure. but this is also a manga where long dead souls can be resurrected, people's nearly entire bodies have been destroyed and they regenerated somehow, and all kinds of crazy things. you're assuming madara doesnt have a tech to preserve a close to death or recently dead body?

Quote:
So no ... I won't ever ever ever believe Obito is Tobi.
until the reveal of course

so out of curiosity what do you think Tobi meant by wanting to become complete?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 09:17   Link #67
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

so out of curiosity what do you think Tobi meant by wanting to become complete?
I don't think Tobi meant complete as in literally.

Well. If i'm to be honest i personally feel that 'Tobi' is Izuna.

When Tobi said he wanted to become complete i interpreted it that he wanted to be the strongest Shinobi of all time with his Moon-Eye plan etc. Following the 'Izuna' theory , Izuna probably shared his brother Madara's ideals to prove that the Uchiha were the strongest. He was willing to give his eyes to his brother just to make his brother stronger and stuff.

truthfully im actually just repeating what people have already said so yeah. i think i shud just shut it ~.~
Old 2011-12-29, 10:49   Link #68
Casshern

Tobi not wanting to be anyone, would be so funny if he took of his mask and had a Guy Fawkes mask underneath
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 13:53   Link #69
White Silver King
The Isley

I don't think Tobi has had nearly enough interaction with Kakashi to be Obito. That's really all the significance he can have if he's Obito. I just don't see the point.

Plus, there's the time discrepancy. Kakashi was 13 during Gaiden and 14 during the Kybui attack. I don't believe Obito suddenly aged a ton in that period and went from being a loser with a 2 tome sharingan to mastering it to the extent he could control the Kybui, master sealing jutsu, and master S/T jutsu. I won't believe in a few months time he went from being barely a chunin to someone who could compete with Minato, I just won't. And don't you think Minato would have recognized his student's voice?
Old 2011-12-29, 14:43   Link #70
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Wow, I went trough 568 chapters only to find out that in fact Naruto is no more than a Dragonball side story? I hope at least that Enma could be revived, I liked the summon of the Thrid. And yes, friend no jutsu rulezzz...
I don't recall Enma dying, he was just out of chakra at the end of the fight, right?
Old 2011-12-29, 14:53   Link #71
White Silver King
The Isley

He didn't die.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:40   Link #72
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

lol, if Tobi does turn out to be Obito, I'm a ganna slap Kishi in the face. Seriously. he can't troll the manga like that.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:57   Link #73
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

I still feel people are over reading into the coincidence of the features of Tobi & Obito ...
Old 2011-12-30, 10:07   Link #74
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I still feel people are over reading into the coincidence of the features of Tobi & Obito ...
They did the same with the "akatsuki leader is the 4th hokage" theory
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 10:09   Link #75
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
No way, nobody'd believe in a theory like that.
Old 2011-12-30, 13:23   Link #76
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
that's funny. I never even heard of that theory. I don't really see much evidence to have suggested that aside form the hair. I hope you would admit that there is much more to work with for the obito theory

edit:the leader's name wasn't nitamo after all
Old 2011-12-30, 14:58   Link #77
23 gundam fan

i dont get it. you take one of the most kick ass characters like the nine tails and more and more kish is gonna make him into rin tin tin. at the end of this manga i am scared that the nine tails atitude is going to be hey thanks to a little talk no jutus, all i needed was a hug from naruto . PLEASE.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 17:23   Link #78
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I hope you would admit that there is much more to work with for the obito theory
They're nothing more than coincidental in my eyes.
Old 2011-12-30, 18:35   Link #79
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
They're nothing more than coincidental in my eyes.
kishi is a master storyteller and plans events years in advance. he also enjoys long lasting mysteries that keep his fans talking for years. to assume that 20+ hints at a future development is just mere coincidence is not giving him the credit he is due. he surely is aware of nearly all, if not all of these 'coincidences' surrounding the obito theory. I'm not saying it's definitely going to be obito despite my belief just as you cannot say it will definitely not be obito. I'm saying that it is all intended on kishi's part to allow for the possibility and the discussion. and they are most certainly not just coincidences. also, my point that you missed was that the obito theory has "much more to work with" than this minato theory I just heard about
Old 2011-12-30, 19:28   Link #80
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
just because it didnt originate from db doesn't mean it isnt inspired from db. naruto has about 1,000 db references and similar story lines or characters. I don't have a problem with it really since naruto is definitely its own story and not a ripoff. but you have to admit that anyone who knows db thought this immediately once the name was revealed
Problem is DB is inspired by Journey to the West, so what you are saying is that it's a reference of a reference at best?

Anyway, it's not like Kishi hasn't used direct reference from the novel. The Gold, Silver brothers and the items they used are all from Journey to the West, down to exact detail and their effects/powers. The money summon that Third has, his head gear is worn by the Goku in the book as well.

In addition the Hansome Monkey King (美猿王, Bien'ō), Great Sage Equalling Heaven (斉天大聖, Seiten Taisei) are all titles that Sun Wu Kong holds or claims in the Chinese Novel. Also the Water Screen Cave (水簾洞, Suirendō) is where Sun Wu Kong/Sun GoKu ruled before his capture in the novel.

But really what the big deal? Toriyama gave credit of early DB to Journey to the West, why is it that hard to think Kishi is basing 4-tails by using the direct source rather then than derived source?

Besides it's not like Journey to the West is just some random novel, the novel is consider one of the Four Greatest Ancient Chinese Fiction and had huge impact in East Asia, more so than DB if I might add and is on par with The Romance of Three Kingdom, The Dream of the Red Chamber, and Water Margin (Shui Hu Zhuan or SuiKoDen, and yes the RPG series Suikoden is inspired from this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The "Son Goku" was form the eng scanlator, in the Chinese Trans, Kishi did use 孙悟空. You can blame using Son Goku over Sun Wu Kong on the translator.

Sun Go Ku is the Japanese pronouciation of the Kanji characters. In DB Goku's name also use the same characters as well.