AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 16:04   Link #101
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
They're not floating, they're making use of Anastasia's technique: using her hair as wires.
Ah... the preparations. Right, right. It was so long ago that we learned about Anastasia's technique that I forgot, haha.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:04   Link #102
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
I STILL am not understanding why she shot off those prongs near the end! Someone please, please explain because I don't feel the chapter did.
Don't listen to Claymore!, he's wrong. What do we get by combining Anastasia's hair and Hysteria's prongs?

Spoiler for an answer:
Old 2011-12-29, 16:09   Link #103
Ulquihorror

how did anastacia attach her hair left and right without even seemingly move around. Can she control her hair à la riful?
Old 2011-12-29, 16:11   Link #104
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Don't listen to Claymore!, he's wrong
Well then i guess i am wrong. I guess i don't understand it fully either.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-29, 16:15   Link #105
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Well then i guess i am wrong. I guess i don't understand it fully either.
lol
I was joking above, I thought it was pretty obvious.

On a serious note though, I think it was just losing mass while maintaining the same horse power. Unless the holes have some meaning (hence my joke) it probably was it's only purpose. If they were meant for a recoil effect she wouldn't lose them pointlessly as we've seen but used it well and not waste her movements and not attack anyone. But the recoil theory is still plausible so you might be right (and at this point we can't tell).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
how did anastacia attach her hair left and right without even seemingly move around. Can she control her hair à la riful?
The same questions were raised when we first saw that ability. Also where did she attach it to? In the end we've put Ana's ability into "it's manga" category.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:18   Link #106
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
The bigger question is just what her hair is attached too? There at least 10 stories up and staff is a decent distance away and the mountains are even further away. Controlling her hair over a small area is one thing but the scale she's doing it at is just mind blowing... let alone longer than all her hairs combind. There not fighting in a revine for crying out loud, like they where ch chapter 110-114 but are now just near the mountains

She must be able to regenerate her hair and feel all of it like tentacles/fingers/skin... or else it just wouldnt work.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:38   Link #107
Arlenis
Of Lights

I see.
Is Hysteria whizzing around like a fly buy spinning her legs rapidly in the air? And what does the "They're fighting in the air but there are dents on the ground" mean? Also, If she is using her legs to whiz around and fly ....what the hell does she use to attack during her hellegance?
Old 2011-12-29, 16:42   Link #108
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

So Hysteria has quick sword legs on her awakend form.... Superb.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:48   Link #109
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I see.
Is Hysteria whizzing around like a fly buy spinning her legs rapidly in the air? And what does the "They're fighting in the air but there are dents on the ground" mean? Also, If she is using her legs to whiz around and fly ....what the hell does she use to attack during her hellegance?
She's extending her legs, like rigado did with his claws but to move instead of attack, with the added benefit of it being able to attack as well , and as stated since she's moving so fast the only way she gains traction is to dig into the earth at cannon velocities.

As to how she moved downward so fast, she likely just extended her feet downward at lightning speed and pulled herself downward.

Edit: as to why it looks like a helicopter... think of it more like a millipead or centipead where due to all the legs moving in a pattern it creats a wave like effect... but then that wave like effect is draw on a still panel and on a circular AB and poof she looks like a helicopter

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-29 at 17:03.
Old 2011-12-29, 17:10   Link #110
Arlenis
Of Lights

.....ARE....you serious? I'm not understanding fully........
Old 2011-12-29, 17:10   Link #111
Dj0rel
True Believer

Hysteria must have one hell of a movement coordination to run with those legs at such speed and not get them all tangled.
Old 2011-12-29, 17:18   Link #112
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
.....ARE....you serious? I'm not understanding fully........
Sadly, I know its a bit hard to grasp but its what shes doing none the less

Think of it like this.... her legs are part grappeling hooks, part stilts, part pogo sticks, and blades of death all in one. Then they move crazy like, just like any bug with just far too many legs.

My only problem with it is at that velocity her legs should be fragmenting upon impact but then again this is a series with an indestructable metal that is also mailable enough to be made into a sword. So I'll forgive Yagi here
Old 2011-12-29, 17:47   Link #113
Arlenis
Of Lights

I don't really grasp how they are blades really.... Grappling hooks? So does she launch upward from the ground and stretch them down at speeds to fast to see and grapple herself back down to the ground? How is she flying and whizzing around then? Ryusssssssssss I'm losing my mind.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:06   Link #114
haegar
mangaviking

k, done. first impressions, ignoring your posts for now:

what can I say? I like it

the fight draggin on nonewithstanding he just opened up a whole new realm of possibilities if we take Hysterias words as canon rule on conscious awakening:

this is all based on the assumption that as things are without drastic measures the ghosts face a serious problem:

1) we just got 6 +x strong awakend jokers Yagi can pull anytime he wants to level the field against the three AOs: anytime one of the ghosts (who wont be able to return in all likelyhood) decides to sacrfice themselves it is guaranteed that her awakend form will be exactly what is needed in battle. As such, Miria might follow in Clare's footsteps after all. (there's a slight danger for trolling in here: so far it looked like only Miria awakening could get up to speed with this form of Hysteria - now, other ghosts could do a "speed-awakening" to be matched against Hysteria and spare Miria the whole thing - that would suck imho. Even if she doesn't turn into some lioness animal form I want to see her awakened, and stay in the story like that some time )

I just hope Yagi doesn't use Cynthia's or Tabitha's upped abilities for some cheap asspull...

Eh, what else, I think Hysteria's movement makes sense now with the text, and quicksword-legs as Russian Meatclob described pretty much hits it - makes for a nice fit with Clare/Pieta - speaking of Clare:

2) if she exits the blob and has in any way improved her yoki control, she alone might gain the ability to do "multiple-choice" awakenings. Literally. Multiple cause if she gets a control boost from the blob experience and goes past Jean's wedge she might be able to return from full awakend form all by herself after entering it at will. And choice cause if all this is true, with the right mental approach you can shape the form you want to take. If she could perfect this Clare could ultimately gain multple awakend forms - something that might even the odds against a stronger Prissy - admitteldy wild thought here but oh hell, I always write on impuls after read and later grind it down back to the realm of the real XD - oh and it only works if Clare can make a fresh choice after going back to human form from the first awakend form - totally whacko I admit but who knows)

Last edited by haegar; 2011-12-29 at 18:28.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:08   Link #115
ShiroiRyu

Claire is wanted.
I repeat : Claire is wanted.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:16   Link #116
limao
DeAd

It's CLARE, not CLAIRE <.<
20 pages what can I say, Yagi made in a month a chapter intended to be for a week, I really think his team should lower the drawing quality and make more pages...
About those blades, they look like anchors, so she can fly in the air as if she was on the ground.

Just first sight and the hybrid ghosts are half dead and they fought only one Abyssal (the weakest uh?)...
Old 2011-12-29, 18:21   Link #117
Arlenis
Of Lights

limao, Really? Anchors? They don't seem to be connected with anything on here body...unless it's a yoki thing... I don't know.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:27   Link #118
haegar
mangaviking

btw, what comes to mind is riful's words: "you have already crossed the line, you will only get stronger this way" (or sth like that) the half-awakend state together with Hysteria's words perfectly explains a dynamic power growth in all fab four - their improving high level techniques is basically a small scale version of what happens upon awakening, with their training they have shaped their powers further ? weird phrasing again but maybe somebody catches my drift
Old 2011-12-29, 18:35   Link #119
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

I don't think this chapter explained things very clearly at all, I get the impression it was leading into the next chapter to tie it all up. That's what I'm hoping anyway, otherwise I just feel really stupid that I don't understand Hysteria's abilities at all.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:44   Link #120
haegar
mangaviking

oh dont worry, I'm just assuming a lot there, it's prly wrong

and yeah, it seems like a lot is left hanging for next chap