AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 19:12   Link #121
White Silver King
The Isley

Did she launch the spikes to cut the hair?

As for the holes in the ground, I took it as Hysteria wasn't flying, she's just jumping really really really really fast. Hence why everyone is amazed, she's fast enough that even though she's jumping up and down she's doing it so fast she looks like she's flying.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:14   Link #122
Arlenis
Of Lights

TheKickInside, I feel entirely stupid as well. *Face-Palm* Just WHAT the HELL...IS this new wretch, Hysteria The Hellegant?
White Silver King, if she did launch the spikes for that reason........then she is a cunt and caught on quickly.

I'm starting to think not even Teresa could comprehend quick enough to not get half herself destroyed.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:16   Link #123
haegar
mangaviking

another attempt to pin it down: she's a beyblade that can change alltitute ?
Old 2011-12-29, 19:17   Link #124
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

So I haven't checked out the English or Japanese versions yet, was there an explanation for the fixed sword-in-the-neck or are we to assume it's one more form of Anastasia's hair magic holding it in place? Like Ryus and others, I too was wondering about what objects her hair was attached to to get the gals so high up in that terrain. Wouldn't you just hate to fight an AB she would turn into with the kind of minute control she appears to be exhibiting even now over every hair strand? You'd be a pincushion if you tried...
Old 2011-12-29, 19:21   Link #125
White Silver King
The Isley

^No explanation. I'm guessing it's going to be used to kill her somehow, I don't see what else it's can serve to do plot-wise. Without Clare and Miria, they'll need every last bit of help they can get.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:22   Link #126
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
I'm starting to think not even Teresa could comprehend quick enough to not get half herself destroyed.
Watch out, that might start another Teresa v. Priscilla debate

But I do think that Teresa would be able to handle Hysteria, or at least if she releases her yoki and uses her yoki sensing ability.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-29, 19:27   Link #127
Arlenis
Of Lights

.....................BEYBLADE! The bitch is a BEYblade. Case and point Haegar.
IF they kill her ...with ...THAT...sword...I'm done.
Claymore, ...I dare say that would start a debate of THAT nature... Rather, it should start a debate of Teresa vs Hysteria...even in Claymore form. Teresa would have trouble with here even in her Claymore form....in this form...I highly doubt she would be able to "Rosemary" her.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:27   Link #128
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
She's extending her legs, like rigado did with his claws but to move instead of attack, with the added benefit of it being able to attack as well , and as stated since she's moving so fast the only way she gains traction is to dig into the earth at cannon velocities.

As to how she moved downward so fast, she likely just extended her feet downward at lightning speed and pulled herself downward.

Edit: as to why it looks like a helicopter... think of it more like a millipead or centipead where due to all the legs moving in a pattern it creats a wave like effect... but then that wave like effect is draw on a still panel and on a circular AB and poof she looks like a helicopter
^This is right.

Histy's ability is REALLY great,Yagi had an amazing idea imo,Histy is really super strong now that she's starting to get serious,i love it !

@limao

Ehm, Claire is the same as Clare,lol.

--------------------------------------

I liked this chapter,the only strange thing is about Anastasia's hairs,they must be very very very VERY long since the only logical explanation is that they are connected with the "little mountains" around the battlefield........but they are not so close,lol.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:34   Link #129
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

I got the impression she was jumping too, and that she was just body slamming people to death ahaha. I think during the long wait between chapters I lose the enthusiasm to imagine everything in motion, wheras when I started Claymore with the 90 or so consecutive chapters available to me, I was so into it that I could imagine everything playing out. Need to see this animated.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:50   Link #130
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Just read the chapter. ...It wasn't that bad compared to what I've been expecting from the Chinise scans I guess (well, at least they where not fillers considering the Holydays ). Anyways, as for chapter discussion, nothing much to discuss... but yeah I'm glad Yagi did offer some nice fight scenes and a bit of plot development as to how Clare managed to control its speed back then.

ROFL... as for Hysteria I just couldn't stop fecepalming myself. Using her own fly legs as if theirs The Destroyer's rods and speed control? Oh, please... Don't tell me we're appling physics again -_-; At least I can imagine as to what will Hysteria become when run out of her legs
Old 2011-12-29, 19:53   Link #131
Arlenis
Of Lights

Either Hysteria's regeneration sucks or she is purposefully not regrowing those wings.....if her regeneration factor sucks then if her legs are cut...she is doomed. (Just wanted to add that)
Old 2011-12-29, 20:07   Link #132
MalakTawus

Imo Histy doesn't "lose" her legs at all,she simply extend them till the ground........
Old 2011-12-29, 20:12   Link #133
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Either Hysteria's regeneration sucks or she is purposefully not regrowing those wings.....if her regeneration factor sucks then if her legs are cut...she is doomed. (Just wanted to add that)
She's not regenerating them on purpose. She says she would have cut them off herself if Tabitha hadn't done it. They slow her down too much to be of use.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:20   Link #134
Ryus
The One Eyed King

First off, @Arlenis her "wings" where like The Destroyer's shell, just something she wanted and not part of her true form (thank god, they seemed so out of place last chapter, I approve this recton and/or misdirection by Yagi. ). So they wouldn't grow back until she choose to take on an unnatural form again.

Second, @Arlenis perhaps I did misspeak when I said her feet where blades since we haven't seen them slash anything yet, however they thrust very well. So just pick an analog of a hard thrusting weapon (spear, lance, ice pick , etc...)

Third, @MalakTawus After thinking about it I tend to agree... conceptually her form now really fits her (in the ability department anyways), plus seems kickass (time will tell though, I'll judge by how many panels she lasts against Priscilla vs what Isley, Alicia, Beth, and Hellcat Dauf did if Dae's plan actually unfolds that is). Hope Yagi uses this ability to it's fullest... would be said if he wasted the opportunity (though I have to agree with JB too... I've been wating to see an AO vs AO fight since Luciela was shown to have lost to Isley so I don't want him ingoring that plot line either for the sake of this fight)... and just to nit pick Clare>Claire IMHO since that's the official English translation... I hate it when people misspell my name even though it can be correct spelled several ways (why since I'm not that spelling but the other one )...

Fourth, Oh and speaking of hair strands... How long until we have a Looney Tunes moment when the Claymores realize Hysteria just cut the stands they where standing on when she flew past at high speed with her massive body, and they fall to the ground holding up a sign with their expletive?

Fifth, @TheKickInside agree want anime of this now ... not holding my breath though
Old 2011-12-29, 20:45   Link #135
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

Yeauhhhhh, we should get our own anime version together, can imagine Hysteria having a quite low, husky voice anyway so I'll voice her. I'm sure you can do Raphaela justice.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:51   Link #136
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Funny how the claymores were all high and mighty and in the end of the chapter they're like o_O!? Wonder how they'll be able to defeat her and the other 2? awakened.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:56   Link #137
carbontaxes

I'm pretty pissed Miria wasn't allowed to awaken.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:03   Link #138
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKickInside View Post
Yeauhhhhh, we should get our own anime version together, can imagine Hysteria having a quite low, husky voice anyway so I'll voice her. I'm sure you can do Raphaela justice.
Raphaela is a hot and super sexy chick, whom would never have a deep voice like mine. Don't you ever accuse her of being like a man again. She gave Clare a breast upgrade after all (I can pull off a very good Heath Ledger joker impersonation as an example, I rarely do it though as my brother is more the impersonator in the family ... come to think of it, it's been a while since I did it wonder if I still can or if I lost my touch... anyways getting offtopic...)

Though I probably look just as stoic/cold as Raphaela sometimes and I do own a few eyepatches (but for astronomy purposes, I have two very functional eyes)

I'll tell you what though, I'll voice anyone you want, regardless of how wrong it is, if you handle the animation, artwork, music score, and costs for this fan done anime. Good luck
Old 2011-12-29, 21:11   Link #139
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Funny how the claymores were all high and mighty and in the end of the chapter they're like o_O!? Wonder how they'll be able to defeat her and the other 2? awakened.
Spoiler for I'll pay big money to yagi, if Deneve says either of these next chapter:
Old 2011-12-29, 21:25   Link #140
MalakTawus

@Ryus

Quote:
and just to nit pick Clare>Claire IMHO since that's the official English translation...
I'm italian and Claymore came out in Italy at least one YEAR before any official (and even non-official) english translation.....and the italian official translation calls her Claire.
I called her Claire YEARS before most of you people even started reading this manga (btw even my korean friend translated me her name as Claire instead of Clare when i first started reading this manga,when btw was even impossible to find raws on the net,forget about any translations.....),so sorry if i absolutely not agree that Clare>Claire.......

If we follow your logic infact she should be called Claire since that was the first way her name was officially "romanized"(at least to my knowledge)......personally i simply think they are the same thing,but i prefer Claire since that is the way i called her from the very beginning,lol.

Anyway my point is simply that the first english translations came out so late that it's really ridicolous to think that they have any right about her "romanized" name,lol.
------------------------------------------

About the last move that Histy did (when she launched her white blades) initially i belived it was part of the technique that she uses to move.....but it's not.
I have no idea what that is,but it seems to be another technique,Histy is definitely planning something with those white blades......

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-29 at 21:39.
Closed Thread