AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 21:28   Link #141
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

Ahahaha, my apologies, will rope in Megan Fox to voice her instead. Best get my ass into gear to sort all this out! Get preparin' your best sexy Galatea voice

On a serious note, do you think the 3 ZAOs have free will? Or are they bound to a personality trait that defined them when they were alive? Or to a design of Dae's? Just when Hysteria attacked Miria in the midst of Cassandra's awakening, despite it being an extremely dangerous situation for both of them, it made me think that maybe she didn't really have a rational, free-thinking mind anymore, and that she can only act upon Dae's design.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:33   Link #142
Arlenis
Of Lights

I'll bet I have a better sexy Galatea voice....just sayin'.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:48   Link #143
Arlenis
Of Lights

And can someone please tell me who are all the people positive rep-ing me for the post before this? I've never gotten so many. Shesh-ka-bob, also known as Hysteria's main attack.
Old 2011-12-29, 22:08   Link #144
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

I'll bet you do. Will fly you over to the U.K for auditions.
Old 2011-12-29, 22:15   Link #145
Friday
Im shy too...

OK!!!!!

I've read it

and hopefully this part of ghost/Hysteria battle last only 2 maximum 3 chapters.
Old 2011-12-29, 22:32   Link #146
ntherblast

Chapter was short ugh I hate how barely anything happens especially considering there is only 1 chapter a month
Old 2011-12-29, 22:34   Link #147
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
@Ryus

I'm italian and Claymore came out in Italy at least one YEAR before any official (and even non-official) english translation.....and the italian official translation calls her Claire.
I called her Claire YEARS before most of you people even started reading this manga (btw even my korean friend translated me her name as Claire instead of Clare when i first started reading this manga,when btw was even impossible to find raws on the net,forget about any translations.....),so sorry if i absolutely not agree that Clare>Claire.......

If we follow your logic infact she should be called Claire since that was the first way her name was officially "romanized"(at least to my knowledge)......personally i simply think they are the same thing,but i prefer Claire since that is the way i called her from the very beginning,lol.

Anyway my point is simply that the first English translations came out so late that it's really ridicolous to think that they have any right about her "romanized" name,lol.
All I hear is that you should use it on those threads but not here. Hey, think of all the new English fans whom you'll confuse with your horrible misspelling.

They read an "I" and will naturally assume your talking about the brunette... after all it's her natural color. Ok very bad pun

Spoiler for Just Remeber....:

If you can't tell I'm at that stage of lack of sleep when everything starts sounding funny in your head... so please forgive meBut seriously, it's Clare. Why? Well glad you asked, since Claymore takes place on an island and England is an island too, so lets stick with the English spelling of Clare and not the French spelling of Claire (after all the French can't fight, or so Stephen Colbert told me, something about the only difference between 1,500 French troops and 15,000 is the number of prisoners). By the way the silliness of the above was meant to show just how ridiculous french troops are, sorry I mean the argument that it's fine to bring a Japanese>Italian>English translation to an English anime/manga site (aka a Japanese>English discussion site) and get defense when we choose to get nit picky for no good reason other than we can. Oh and lets not get into a "us not needing to nit pick about stupid things" or I'll quickly bring up Priscilla being stronger than awakened Teresa to dodge the question by flooding the thread with all the people from the other camp flooding the thread with too many "oh, no you didn't" for people to listen to you about being reasonable... hey we'll need some way to pass these next 5 weeks with no chapter No, don't look at me like that...

Who cares if the Kenji "translates" to "only" Claire in Italian (oh wait you didn't confirm that it did, nor that the scanlation you read was proofread. )... I'm reading it in English and this is what I get on Google translate Clare's Kenji of クレアhttp://translate.google.com/#ja|en|%...83%AC%E3%82%A2 There, ha. Check. Google can't be wrong, they know everything

Plus the literal translation of the Kenji is pronounced "ku-re-a" and I don't see an "I" in it. I mean Clare not in it (since there is an "i" in it ).

And yes, I'll be up all night getting no sleep just waiting to needlessly reply to you. Don't worry about me though I'll get some sleep on my hour long drive to work tomorrow morning, I'll just set the car on cruise control and everything will be fine.
Old 2011-12-29, 23:30   Link #148
ReverseReasoning
Perriah of Inquiry

This chapter was a good one. It was a mix of thrill and excitement in actually seeing what would happen, only to be stopped by a lame cliffhanger.

I really wanted Deneve to die. I wanted her head to get cut off. But no, only like half of her body was removed, implying regeneration. I'm just so sick of how repetitive and boring she is as a character. Hysteria, kill her please. That would also increase Hysteria's points in the strong department and rid us of an awfully annoying, arrogant and boastfully boring charcter. Also, a better fight would ensue considering Deneve doesn't really have any cool techniques aside from that lame double sword which looks way cooler on Undine. No more panels for her lame techniques. Win-win situation for all.

I was scared for Dietrich, mainly because I think Yagi had formed her character to be the headstrong, likable one. However, I do think she will reach her inevitable claymore doom, considering no deaths in the arc would prove that Claymore is turning out soft and weak.

I liked the way Hysteria's form looked like. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like she has an infinite amount of blades and projectiles she can use. She can also use all of these to increase her speed. What if she suddenly had hands though?

Miria was bleh. She is in the same vulnerable state in the Pieta arc and obviously, she would lay down low and engage resting and doing nothing while the other ghosts create miracles big enough to save her from death again.

At least Tabitha still hasn't released her Yoki. Maybe she could slit Deneve's throat for me.
Old 2011-12-29, 23:33   Link #149
Kain999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
It was awesome when Irene did that

But i don't think people care enough about Renee to actually want her back anyways. Most people, like me, just want a reliable confirmation whether or not she is dead. Although now I think she is dead.
Yeah, i just wanna know whether she's dead for real or not.
i hate leaving things to speculation. Also of interest is who wrote the descriptions,
Yagi himself or some random editors who have no clue?

My translation for Renee below would be:

Warrior No 6 of the new Generation.
Excel in both speed and yoki sensing.
Was captured by Riful to aid in the awakening
of luciella and rafiella. Escaped when Clare infiltrated
but Riful intervened and she died.

Not sure whether 100% correct cos i only know basic Jap.
Old 2011-12-29, 23:41   Link #150
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseReasoning View Post
I really wanted Deneve to die. I wanted her head to get cut off. But no, only like half of her body was removed,
base on the drawings...a bit of her head as well......wait for next chp if she still able too regenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
My translation for Renee below would be:

Warrior No 6 of the new Generation.
Excel in both speed and yoki sensing.
Was captured by Riful to aid in the awakening
of luciella and rafiella. Escaped when Clare infiltrated
but Riful intervened and she died.

Not sure whether 100% correct cos i only know basic Jap.
my opinion & a member of the mib....
status unknown
wait and see
Old 2011-12-30, 00:27   Link #151
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseReasoning View Post

I really wanted Deneve to die. I wanted her head to get cut off. But no, only like half of her body was removed, implying regeneration. I'm just so sick of how repetitive and boring she is as a character. Hysteria, kill her please. That would also increase Hysteria's points in the strong department and rid us of an awfully annoying, arrogant and boastfully boring charcter. Also, a better fight would ensue considering Deneve doesn't really have any cool techniques aside from that lame double sword which looks way cooler on Undine. No more panels for her lame techniques. Win-win situation for all.
I completely disagree. Deneve is a wonderful character. There is no other warrior that has her great regenerative abilities. Deneve is certainly not a boring character, she is stern but that doesn't mean that she is boring. When she is with Helen they do some pretty funny stuff. Deneve also has her twin swords, which are a cool technique and i don't see how someone sees them as lame. It seems you are just saying the techniques are lame because they are Deneve's. It also seems that you hate her more than you should. Its the same with Raki haters, they hate him for reasons that are unkown to me.

And I spell it "Clare". I just like it better that way

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-30, 01:35   Link #152
Ulquihorror

Can denebe eegnerate her hair?????
Old 2011-12-30, 04:52   Link #153
MalakTawus

Ryus,so much nonsense in a single post,i guess you REALLY need to sleep .

I won't comment about the "name discussion" with you since it's obviously useless,i'll focus on something else that you said:

Quote:
.....I'll quickly bring up Priscilla being stronger than awakened Teresa

OH, NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!

Old 2011-12-30, 04:56   Link #154
ReverseReasoning
Perriah of Inquiry

Well, I probably just dislike Deneve's design. I honestly don't think that the Twin Sword technique of Deneve is cool in any way. So, what if she had two swords? She should deal less damage considering the fact that she is a defensive warrior lacking the muscular strength of the previous owner, Undine. Also, Deneve can only regenerate due to her half-awakening, not due to her skill or ability as a warrior. I also wasn't touched a bit by her sob story. Yes, your sister died, stop whining about it.

I do not remember Deneve doing any fun stuff. Battling Tabitha and boasting around might be her definition of "fun".

Sorry Claymore, I just get annoyed everytime I see her alive in the manga.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:03   Link #155
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

My guess as to Hysteria's "trick" for speed:

1. The multiple "feet" launch her from the ground and otherwise provide traction near any surface.

2. When she's in the air, the spikes around her waist function as grappling hooks. She launches them at a surface and then uses them to fling her momentum around and/or pull herself in another direction.

It's basically a fancier version of the clawed hand Claire created in her fight with Rigaldo. The claws dug into the ground to temporarily stop her forward motion and allowed her to swing into a different direction at the same or faster speed (due to momentum/inertia).

My guess is the key to defeating her is to cut the connection to the spikes around her waist while she is in midair. If she can't use them to adjust herself, she loses a huge speed advantage momentarily and since she'll be vulnerable to any attack. The weakness of her Awakened form is that her speed and accuracy are now two different body functions, as opposed to when she was a Claymore and could combine them in one attack.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:39   Link #156
MalakTawus

Solace,i also thought that in the beginning,but if you look carefully it seems that when she moved at full speed midair,her white blades around her waist weren't launched to the ground (they were still around her waist),that's something that Histy does only at the very end of the chapter and MAYBE that's something different.

Tbh i think that what you say is actually right and Yagi simply made an error drawing that panel,we'll probably have a confirmation next chapter.

Just one last thing: i don't think that cutting the connection to the spikes around her waist is enough to defeat her, infact Histy could easily decide to fight on the ground instead of fighting midair,this way cutting her "hooks" will be next to impossible for anyone.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:40   Link #157
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Hooray ! New chapter finally. Kind of a bit short though .. 21 pages.. come on now.. that's how long some weekly animes series are.. was disappointed in the length, but what happened wasn't too bad.

Just leaves me wanting more, but then I realize that I'll have to wait another month for the next one ..
Old 2011-12-30, 07:23   Link #158
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

From my understanding, Hysteria is simply launching herself in the air at full speed, then uses the prongs to keep herself in the air/change directions mid-air. The prongs probably regenerate fast enough for her to continuously do this for a while.

With this in mind, Hysteria's awakened form (minus the wings) is actually pretty damn scary. Her source of speed also doubles as a deadly weapon, and a flexible one at that.
Old 2011-12-30, 08:12   Link #159
Asimati

Ok so opinions and notes for the chapter. Short and it really felt with only combat starting up.

I'm guessing that Miria's raging yoki should put her close to unwanted awakening by this time, she's been pushing her limit for a long time now and going back looks to be the hardest.
Comfirmation that Dietrich has been demoted down to rank 8, any guesses on her previous rank? 4?
Minor note. Helen's comment about claymores nowadays would indicate that the ghosts somehow knows that they're dealing with ZAO:s. Oversight I think.
Anyway, if Anastasia's hair is rigid enough (think tube instead of rope), then you can start with an upside down y shape and build and stabilize from there. Still nothing more than plot power though. Preparations has to look silly btw.
Tabatha's cloaking is probably the strongest thing they got.
Nice to see the shift in battle. Pulling everthing they got together, they're dangerous, but Hysteria at full speed is totally superior, as she should be.

I go with the extending limbs for control for now. If she merely jumped superfast (my first impression), it would take ages for her to fall down afterwards. And something like that in a chapter that comments on traction.

The chapter is really setting up that someone dies in the next one. The blade launching and Helen's comment hints that things will go worse and Deneave already got beaten up a bit.
Old 2011-12-30, 08:21   Link #160
little_angel
Watching From Above

after reading the last two chapters and the new one I might realized somethings.
1- Why did they awaken specially Roxanne and Cassandra? And I ended up with this theory they awakened because they couldn't defeat their enemy with their current power. Lets take Cassandra's case first she awakened before the rest and I kept thinking why .. and I first thought maybe she is the weakest but is she? Then I thought maybe Cassandra realized that she couldn't defeat Roxanne with her current state and then Dae's effect kicks in when they realize they can't win they simply awaken and this applies to Roxanne and Hysteria (Hysteria never occurred to her that Miria could defeat her and that's why she never awakened not till she got defeated!)
2- Hysteria's form has a weakness not only the things that Solace mentioned but if you knew where she was heading (using Clare's ability as an example) you can aim to the her lower body.
3- Hysteria has been using the spikes around her waist because I counted them and check page 15 and you will count 9 then at page 18 they are 8 !! the one in the front is gone !!! and by the end of the chapter she lost them all. That only means that she has used them without us noticing but thanks to Solace I thought about it and it makes sense now.