AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 14:52   Link #1801
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
The training weekend before the start of the preliminaries? I remeber Miura sparring with Signum and the girls running and training but i can't remeber a city block being totalized xDU
No, the weekend and Lu's place. The entire training field was a city block, and they had to pauze in between fights to repair the thing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:57   Link #1802
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, the weekend and Lu's place. The entire training field was a city block, and they had to pauze in between fights to repair the thing.
Oh yeah, well, Nanoha, Teana and Corona were the main culprits xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 15:00   Link #1803
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Walls were crashing down around every character. Rio was blowing up walls while chasing Corona, Vivio and Einhart were punching eachother through walls, Corona went "ROCKET PUNCH" and ruined Lutecia and Rio's game long before Nanoha and Teana started to play "catch the Starlight Breaker."
Old 2012-01-10, 15:05   Link #1804
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Walls were crashing down around every character. Rio was blowing up walls while chasing Corona, Vivio and Einhart were punching eachother through walls, Corona went "ROCKET PUNCH" and ruined Lutecia and Rio's game long before Nanoha and Teana started to play "catch the Starlight Breaker."
Yeah, i know what you mean, what i saying that the main responsible for turning that place into a barren wasteland were the aforementioned three xD. The other effectively punched through walls and stuff but those three were the ones who made the most notorious damage.

Still, i agree with you on Einhart and Rio, the first for punching hard as hell(she destroyed a FREAKING GOLEM in one punch) and the other for being a rare case of having two MCA's. As stated before they're outstanding contestants in the tournament. But also agree in that maybe they're more flashy than outright powerfull, they seem to still be at Zafira/Nove's level at best.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 15:16   Link #1805
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh, and did I mention that when Rio destroyed the golem, she did so by throwing the entire thing over her shoulder? That's right, she picked up a giant, moving and resisting rock construction the size of a house and tossed it over her shoulder. The only other times we see a display of strength of that size is when Vita's swinging around Gigant Form.

These girls are amateurs only because these sports are a hobby for them. Powerlevel wise, I'm pinning these girls to be on the same level as the main cast during A's.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-01-10 at 15:48.
Old 2012-01-10, 15:20   Link #1806
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Oh, and did I mention that when Rio destroyed the golem, she did so by throwing the entire thing over her shoulder? That's right, she picked up a giant, moving and resisting rock construction the size of a house and tossed it over her shoulder. The only other times we see a display of strength of that size is when Vita's swinging around Gigant Form.
The power of Judo xD!

...reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist: Bortherhood when Izumi appeared and hurled the humongous and overpowered Sloth over her shoulder like a feather causing the Armstrong siblings to make shocked faces xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 17:00   Link #1807
Key Board
Carbon

As said, there are actually very few "normals" in Nanoha

Nanoha: rare freak with a huge mana cap.
Fate: artificial mage born out of JS research materials
Yuuno: don't recall anything special about him
Chrono: elite mage. normal lineage (for Midchilda standards) as far as I can tell, though

Hayate: inherits and fuses with a lost logia
Wolkenritter: guardian programs

Subaru: combat cyborg made by an unknown prodigy based on JS research materials
Erio: artificial mage born out of JS research materials
Caro: chosen one of her world. Could probably star in her own show if she wanted to.
Teana: normal and aware of it. Even calls herself "bonjin"

Vivio: artificial mage and genetic clone of the the Saint King
Einhart: descendant of the Hegemon possessing his genetic memory
Lio: mutant dual element user
Corona: doesn't have any special lineage or genetic abnormalities. I'll believe her for now.

Thoma: was a normal average mage UNTIL he got infected with Eclipse
Lily: manufactured weapon, nuff said
Isis: she's basically batman with bombs

So far we only have a few "normals" in the entire series

Yuuno and Chrono which have reached the peak of their respective careers

And Teana, Corona and Isis
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:02   Link #1808
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Isis: she's basically batman with bombs
...and super strenght, and a super toughness even greater than Vita's(survives having her neck snapped by Deville's Axe xDU).

More like Supergirl with bombs, really xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 17:10   Link #1809
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
...and super strenght, and a super toughness even greater than Vita's(survives having her neck snapped by Deville's Axe xDU).
I SO saw Aki coming with this one. I have been on those boards for too long.

She at least got some serious training.
And I think it`s said that she made her device too.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:11   Link #1810
Key Board
Carbon

Batman's suit isn't just for show. it has advanced technology that shields the user

I'm guessing it's the same for Isis.

I don't see any evidence of her being physically stronger than Vita

Unless it shown, I don't consider her to be some genetic freak like the other.
However, she is a privileged freak if you want to go that way. Not everyone is born rich, after all.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:18   Link #1811
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I SO saw Aki coming with this one. I have been on those boards for too long.
You welcome xD

Quote:
I don't see any evidence of her being physically stronger than Vita
I don't know if Isis if physically stronger but at least we know now that she's physically more durable and reasilent than the Knight of the Hammer. I can't remember Vita(neither any other character before) having her head near severed and returning to fight like nothing xDU

Quote:
Unless it shown, I don't consider her to be some genetic freak like the other.
The snapped neck and breaking chains while completely naked(that is, no armor power up) are not enough evidence?

Quote:
However, she is a privileged freak if you want to go that way. Not everyone is born rich, after all.
Exactly, she have the best of both worlds: superpowers AND cool gadgets xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 17:25   Link #1812
LostSome

Is there someone poor in Nanoha ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:28   Link #1813
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Where is the 99%? Occupy Mid-Childa time
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:33   Link #1814
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Tohma himself in a sense, the kid wanders the world just with Steed and whatever he had in his travel bag.

Chantez is another possibly example as apparently she was taken from the streets by the Saint Church and they're her only support since then.

Nanoha at the beginning wasn't exactly "poor" but the economy of the Takamachis seemed to be much more modest than, say, Arisa and Suzuka's(limos, giant houses, maids, tons of mascots and stuff) or Hayate's(Big house and resources big enough to mantain four unemployed people as also keep paying the bills of her rmedical treatement).

I have the feeling that some of the Huckebeins were poor before being taken into the family and other were probably priviledge(if tragic) people, Stella and Fortis strike me as the latter while Arnage seems to be the former. Cypha and Veyron seems to be the type that lived just by their current day while taking care of themselves. Curren and Deville are pretty misterious in that regard.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 17:49   Link #1815
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Corona: doesn't have any special lineage or genetic abnormalities. I'll believe her for now.
Everybody does go "Oh wow, impressive, few people can do that" at her golem skills though.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:15   Link #1816
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Where is the 99%? Occupy Mid-Childa time
So you're saying the Nanoha cast is the 1%? They are the haves, while the rest are the magic have-nots?

And OMG, Shiny sighting!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 19:21   Link #1817
rxrx

Well, like said before, the only poor guy here is Touma. First, he is born in a mining village and would grow up as a miner and I doubt that is rich. Then his village is destroyed and he became the sole survivor. He is also poor in the sense of magic as he is not even a combat mage before getting Lily, the Eclipse virus and the divider so he is the poorest in terms of income and magic.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:29   Link #1818
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
No, I think some people are underestimating the level of the competition.

If you are reading "city tournament" and thinking "local club" you are very wrong. The winner of the city tournament competes in the world championship. This is effectively a national championship. On earth national champions are the ones who go on to the Olympics. This is an Olympic level competition.
Olympics isn't exactly an accurate representative, considering that age-limits in Olympics apply differently.

I see as it closer to football/soccer, where the girls are currently competing in a national level U-17 tournament, and has the chance of being the national representative to compete in the U-17 World Cup.

The main girls as we know them, are excellent and thus are able to compete at the high levels of the U-17 level, despite being young. If we assume that there are a lower age bracket playing field ( U-13, U-15, Junior Level, etc )... Vivio and co. are above that age group.

However, they are still just at the U-17 level.

As capable as they are, they are not at the level where they are above and beyond in the level of U-20, U-23 (Olympics) or the National Team.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:27   Link #1819
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I wouldn't compare it to the Olympics. Don't Olympic athletes go through a rigourous selection process where only the best of the best get to participate? Vivid's tournament allows anyone to sign up so long as they are the right age and have a decent device.
Old 2012-01-10, 21:30   Link #1820
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I wouldn't compare it to the Olympics. Don't Olympic athletes go through a rigourous selection process where only the best of the best get to participate? Vivid's tournament allows anyone to sign up so long as they are the right age and have a decent device.
Well, at least they have eleminatories to filter the best fighters from the average ones. I remind you that vivio and friends are now on the Elite Group and aside of their battles against named characters they were kicking Elite-class butts left and right(Miura won by points while all of Team Nakajima won by knockout).

~The ASFB~

Tags
vivid