AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 10:12   Link #101
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

The animation was awesome but the facial expressions were lacking, especially in the first part of the movie. I read the manga up to the initial attack on the cpu but it was hard to follow and I stopped reading. I thought the story was fairly complex although relatively simple but it was a good movie with almost no flaws.

The subs were ok and funny at times, like "bloating" instead of "gloating" lol
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 02:31   Link #102
arias

To whoever uploaded the edited english subtitles...

I read through the subtitles and played through them for key scenes. There were some inaccuracies in the subtitles, and you said you weren't a Japanese speaker so that's probably a contributing factor. I myself am not a Japanese speaker, but I've watched enough anime to know what some words mean, and they're totally left out of the subtitles.

Spoiler:

Other than that, I didn't find the edit particularly impressive. The english is slightly better, but it still wasn't flawless. Honestly, it didn't do much for me... Oh well, it was a nice try. ^_^
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:58   Link #103
mooncanvas
Junior Claytard

arias > thanks for that, I did the subtitles. At least now I know. I tried to find a balance between sticking to the Japanese and making the subs flow, but the example you mentioned was something no subtitler has picked up so far. I've sent my subtitles to another person, who will be doing another sub with a Japanese friend. Perhaps they'll be able to come up with something more accurate.
mooncanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 07:36   Link #104
KimmyChan

Appleseed is so good! I have it on DVD and the CGI is just superb!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote