AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 21:01   Link #121
Zek
Eyebrows...

The series of black panels are obviously indicative of time passing, so there's no question that the surgery took longer than a couple minutes. If you just accept the fact that there's no rehabilitation, it makes sense that Kakashi can use it right away since Obito used it as soon as he awoke it...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 03:26   Link #122
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
The series of black panels are obviously indicative of time passing, so there's no question that the surgery took longer than a couple minutes. If you just accept the fact that there's no rehabilitation, it makes sense that Kakashi can use it right away since Obito used it as soon as he awoke it...

yup and so did Sasuke when he got his Sharingan

i really hope to see Kakashi bust the Chidori on the Rock nin's ass next chapter.

Last edited by ooh-zoo-mah-kee; 2004-12-19 at 03:36.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 05:57   Link #123
Ishida

I wonder what the 4th is going to use those weird kunai for. Some people said that he's going to use them to do his shunshin no jutsu, but if that's what its for then does that mean he'll come to rescue Kakashi and Rin because he gave Kakashi the same kind of kunai as a graduation present.
Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 07:35   Link #124
historyX
.. and so it begins ..

Only one more chapter left? So the gaiden is going to stop before Team Kakashi completes the mission... or there just won't be any fight at the bridge...
historyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:38   Link #125
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishida
I wonder what the 4th is going to use those weird kunai for. Some people said that he's going to use them to do his shunshin no jutsu, but if that's what its for then does that mean he'll come to rescue Kakashi and Rin because he gave Kakashi the same kind of kunai as a graduation present.
To be honest, I was more looking forward to Yondaime's fight with the 50 Rock-nin than Kakashi's misadventures with Obito.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 09:20   Link #126
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOmbody
maybe its like.. DBZ when the mix saiya-jin mixed with the human-jin is stronger potential... remember gohan =x and then goku's grandson ... maybe its like the mix breed sharingan doods are stronger, that would be cool lol.. or maybe like a new breed haha
ok gohan was only stronger for about 3 episodes.. not even... in the end the pure blood always got the upperhand.... Super Saiyan 4 versus Gohan now with the glasses.........

now back to Naruto.......

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 16:12   Link #127
LIQUIDCELL

Obito's death was kind of cheap. He had the sharingan! He could have calculated the speed of the cave-in and the time needed to save both Kakashi and himself.
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 17:43   Link #128
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUIDCELL
Obito's death was kind of cheap. He had the sharingan! He could have calculated the speed of the cave-in and the time needed to save both Kakashi and himself.
There wasn't enough time. Obito and Rin were already 10~ feet in front of Kakashi when he hit the ground, and Obito probably just wasn't fast enough to cover that distance and get out of the way while carrying him.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 18:53   Link #129
Lathmeer

Just how strong was Obito anyway?

Did you see the way Obito saved kakashi? He FLICKED Kakashi away like he was a beach ball with only one hand. Pretty strong huh?

Kishimoto has a better imagination than this. Is he still writting and drawing the series? Or is he letting his interns have a little to much creative input? Obito just went out like While-E-Coyote. I guess we should be glad it was a rock that killed Obito and not a 15 ton Acme anvil.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 20:32   Link #130
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathmeer
Just how strong was Obito anyway?

Did you see the way Obito saved kakashi? He FLICKED Kakashi away like he was a beach ball with only one hand. Pretty strong huh?

Kishimoto has a better imagination than this. Is he still writting and drawing the series? Or is he letting his interns have a little to much creative input? Obito just went out like While-E-Coyote. I guess we should be glad it was a rock that killed Obito and not a 15 ton Acme anvil.
Obito could've used chakra to give him extra strength, which is what Tsunade often does, I think Also, supposedly when a human body feels danger or excitement, adrenaline levels rise, giving the human slightly heightened strength, speed, etc. Which is why sometimes we hear stories about a woman being able to lift a car to save her baby/child. Obito definitely felt guilty about Kakashi's eye. He felt the surging need to protect him & boom, flicked his body away like it was a pancake.

I wish Obito lived longer, at least until Kyuubi's appearance. He was kinda cool.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:03   Link #131
aznpunk97

damh, inane's scanlation is out... both of them, ch 242 and 243...

and at the end, it says no naruto next weeek... :-(
aznpunk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:32   Link #132
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

NO! No, Naruto next week. How cruel......
Old 2004-12-20, 01:34   Link #133
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpunk97
damh, inane's scanlation is out... both of them, ch 242 and 243...

and at the end, it says no naruto next weeek... :-(
its ok. knives' translation wasn't that bad either. but i really liked inane coloured version of some manga scans.

all the while i thought kakashi's scar was due to the operation for the sharingan.. didn't think that it was a battle injury.

and i thought he underwent some surgery testings to see if sharingan can be inserted and used by someone other than the uchiha's clan.

yup, i liked this version.

i'd like to see "konoha's yellow flash" kick some ass now.. and kakashi opening some chidori filled can-o-whoopass on that ninja
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:43   Link #134
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez
Humm.. I'm still wondering about what Obito ment about thet he will become his eye, and Kakashi will be able to see..=/
i understood this line. hmm how can i explain this.

its something like saying "although my body dies, but i will be alive in your heart and through the sharingan, we will become One, and I will aid you in your battles, we will battle together as One, and probably almost undefeatable, until we meet itachi.."

bearing in mind, at that time, kakashi was blaming himself for causing the death of obito, and regretting it awfully for being such an ass before. so obito was kinda giving hope to kakashi by assuring him that he will always be by his side
Old 2004-12-20, 02:04   Link #135
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
For the people saying Obito and Kakashi were not best friends... how do you know that? Naruto and Sasuke are best friends but on the surface they were rivals. The same relationship is between Kakashi and Obito. They just got along a little bit better at this gaiden. Kakashi would STILL be sad and angry if Obito died without them "getting along" this gaiden.

These things were pretty much implied in this Gaiden.

And Obito's death did make sense. If he only had time to throw kakashi out then that means the rocks were falling pretty fast and hard --- enough to kill him.

I don't see how this doesn't fit with kakashi mourning to this day and visiting Obito's grave. For the love of god his best friends gave up his life to save kakashi and you guys think that's only enough to mourn for a couple of years? kakashicompletely changed after that incident. He now believes in looking after your team mates over the rules and has a new view on what being a ninja means. He understands his father's decision.

Awesome chapter. The only thing I didn't like was that kakashi only has a 2 tear sharingan.
another thing. kakashi keeps hanging out at the place where obito's name was carved. obviously he still feel remorse over the incident. and misses obito or something. that was the reason why he was always late for meetings. (during the 3rd hokage's death, he was again, hanging out at the gravestone when the ANBU girl saw him and commented that if he came to visit the gravestone earlier, he wouldn't be late for meetings, to that kakashi replied that he did arrive to the gravestone earlier, he comes everyday early in the morning to mourn)
Old 2004-12-20, 02:19   Link #136
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

please edit and not triple post
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:18   Link #137
coash

eye transplant....yea right....if they got medical skills upto that level then everyone should be able to regenerate
baka
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 07:19   Link #138
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I wish that this ends up being the last chapter, didn't read through all the pages so it's probably not. I think it would be perfect for the gaiden to end right at this point because the last panel and wha it says is the perfect theme to this gaiden. There's no need to see what the 4th does with he fifty rock nin, because it is probably the shinshun no jutsu, there's no need to see Kakashi and the what he does to the rock nin, because we know the end result is that Kakashi lives on and the rock nin may/may not have, doesn't matter. All I can say is that if the purpose of this gaiden was for Kakashi's backstory and how he got the sharingan, then it's done. I hope this naruto break next week is a break because Pt. 2 of Naruto is starting.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 07:53   Link #139
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Thnx brassmonkey, i understand it now, Inane's translaton kinda gave sence. "...But... I can become your eye... and from now on i will see the future..." Thats might have some connections with the start of ep 237, where Kakashi stands why the monument and say's "Even with this eye... I couldnt see what was going to happen...."
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 12:37   Link #140
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez
Thnx brassmonkey, i understand it now, Inane's translaton kinda gave sence. "...But... I can become your eye... and from now on i will see the future..." Thats might have some connections with the start of ep 237, where Kakashi stands why the monument and say's "Even with this eye... I couldnt see what was going to happen...."

oh.. i don't know.. i felt that when obito said that, he was refering to the sharingan's ability to predict taijitsu. remember the part when sasuke was able to see through naruto's movements after developing the third tear?

while when kakashi said that, i feel he was refering that he didn't expect that things turned out this way, despite having the sharingan which reminds him of his own relationship with obito, which mirrors sasuke's and naruto's relationship.

kakashi felt that he should have sensed that the relationship between sasuke and naruto would end up in a death match, since that was what could have happened between kakashi and obito which led to obito's death. something like that