Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-26, 09:48   Link #1601
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I disagree, most people these days (the modern anime viewers) haven't even seen Violinist of Hamelin or maybe even the first Rurouni Kenshin tv serie.
Also Violinist of Hamelin stays on my emotional soft spot for being an anime that i saw on my first anime convention.
I'm explaining why Deen has so much hatred towards anime fans because of poor animation and screwed stories. The reason was due to the fact that Deen butchered Violonist of Hamelin TV series, turning it into dark series by removing almost every single comedic scenes (from what I saw in the French site MATA-Web). They also butchered the entire third season (fillers) of Rurouni Kenshin TV series because Studio Gallop gets tired of animating new Kenshin episodes. This results to poor ratings, cancellation and lot of hatred towards Kenshin/shounen action fans, in general.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 09:55   Link #1602
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm explaining why Deen has so much hatred towards anime fans because of poor animation and screwed stories. The reason was due to the fact that Deen butchered Violonist of Hamelin TV series, turning it into dark series by removing almost every single comedic scenes (from what I saw in the French site MATA-Web). They also butchered the entire third season (fillers) of Rurouni Kenshin TV series because Studio Gallop gets tired of animating new Kenshin episodes. This results to poor ratings, cancellation and lot of hatred towards Kenshin/shounen action fans, in general.
The Hameln manga turned pretty dark at the end though, so blaming the anime entirely is not right.

But in all seriousness, do you really think that all the haters of their more recent series really think that like for example 07 Ghost was bad, because Deen screwed up animes from a decade ago? Let's ignore the fact that people probably never saw Hameln, but i doubt people are not enjoying their current series by still holding a grudge for deen because they messed up Kenshin anime 14 years ago.
Old 2012-01-26, 10:34   Link #1603
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Same can be said about anime series, even if you watched a serie till the end you will be still be left confused untill you watch previous elements.

edit: let's take examples from your favorite animes:

animes that leave you possibly with unanswered questions if you don't rewatch it or if you have not been paying attention:
-code geass and also r2
-gundam 00 and it's 2nd season
-Angel Beats
-Higurashi
-Steins;Gate

So how is that actually different from movies?

Also i have no idea what anime movies you have been watching, but the majority of the ones that i have seen do not contain religious themes.
Yea I was going to comment about how my reasoning could also apply to some series, but the longer length of series usually helps answer a lot of questions and elaborate on some complicated issues.

*If you're still bothered by my reasoning, I wouldn't mind watching/rewatching a movie of your choice to further debate this issue.

Another big turn off beside religion is philosophy (more prominent than religion imo). Don't get me wrong, I love discussing philosophies/theories and whatnot. It's just that anime movies do not seem to interpret them effectively due to time constraint.

***Key Words: "Time constraint".

When I talk about anime movies, I mainly refer to standalone ones. As for movies that comes with anime series, they're usually a long meaningless filler with predictable plot. In fact, I don't consider those as movies at all. There's always exceptions of course.

And remember that those are just main reasons to why I dislike movies in general.

In most cases, you can say my anime interest directly correlates to length (to an extent).

*Maybe I should make a thread in suggestion forum xD

----

Some movie examples:

Don't like:
Akira
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Kara no Kyoukai
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Metropolis
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Kite

Like:
Ninja Scroll
Sword of Strangers

Pending:
5 cm per second
Girl who leap through time
Eve no Jikan
The Place Promised In Our Early Days
Old 2012-01-26, 22:20   Link #1604
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Seems like there's a lot of people hating K-ON!, Dragon Ball GT and Guilty Crown cause people gets bored of ****ty moe slice-of-life anime (since Azumanga Daioh), generic long-runned shounen action stuff and the like.

Even most people hate Deen's works because the studio was responsible for butchering Violonist of Hamelin's TV series and producing the entire third season (full of fillers) of the first Rurouni Kenshin TV series, which Fuji TV will led to cancellation due to this and poor TV ratings. As a result, Deen has too much flaws toward the anime adaptation decay, even today. The latter even has suffered Kazuhiro Furuhashi who was forced to butcher every single Kenshin anime works right after the TV series which results to a lot of hatred towards the TV series.
I could never hate DEEN. Because they did a beautiful job with my favorite series, animation flaws and all, it was simply a masterpiece.

DEEN's animators definitely leave something to be desired but they're not as bad as shitty Satelite. My God, nothing says "half-assed" more than SATELITE'S ANIMATION. Blarg. XD
Old 2012-01-27, 03:51   Link #1605
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
My God, nothing says "half-assed" more than SATELITE'S ANIMATION. Blarg. XD
Satelite or Satelight ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-27, 04:17   Link #1606
amasposu

I wouldn't go as far as saying "I hate them" but I definitely think these series are mediocre:

Air
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!
Ben-Tou
Blood-C
C
C3: Cube x Cursed x Curious
Dororon Enma-kun: Meeramera
Gosick
Hidan no Aria
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Kami-sama Dolls
Kami-sama no Memo-chou: It`s the Only NEET Thing to Do.
Kimi to Boku.
Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!
Maken-ki!
Nichijou
No.6
Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
R-15
Tamayura: Hitotose
Old 2012-01-27, 17:15   Link #1607
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Satelite or Satelight ?
It's spelled "Satelite" I think, oh, wait, no, it's not, my bad. XD

Yeah, THESE people....=_=

They have some good stuff....but the bad stuff is REALLY bad.
Kamichama Karin's animation and artwork were absolutely HORRID and with some of the Shugo Chara episodes, you'd think the staff was half asleep with how sloppy the characters looked!!

HELLO, EGGHEAD.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-01-27 at 17:55.
Old 2012-01-27, 22:24   Link #1608
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Most of the anime series I hate — if there is one — are the ones that don't end up in my anime list.
Currently, the anime I hate is Senki Zessho Symphogear, for it's amateurish quality.

@HarimaHario - I don't know if you really have a refined taste in anime (which transcends even the more veteran users in AnimeSuki) or you're just trolling us.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:30   Link #1609
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Most of the anime series I hate — if there is one — are the ones that don't end up in my anime list.
Currently, the anime I hate is Senki Zessho Symphogear, for it's amateurish quality.
Probably because it's the second project animated by Encourage Films (with the help of Satelight), who also animated Ontama!. Episode 3 has epic-fail animation and amateurish quality like you said.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-28, 09:38   Link #1610
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

@HarimaHario - I don't know if you really have a refined taste in anime (which transcends even the more veteran users in AnimeSuki) or you're just trolling us.
xD I'll take that as a compliment.

I'm just a simple guy who's hard to be pleased than most. You can look at it as a curse. But then again, everyone has his/her own preferences.
Old 2012-01-28, 21:46   Link #1611
leokiko

K-ON!

Seriously, too boring. For a slice-and-life there was nothing fun or any good characters. All stereotypes. I went expecting a newer Azumanga Daioh and got that...(I tried watching a long time ago)

@edit
oh, just went reading this thread. Most comments about why people hate OP are fun. At least 90% of them goes: i hate OP, but, you know, I've never watched it because the animation sucks.

Old 2012-01-29, 01:12   Link #1612
brolyeuphyfusion
???

Code Geass R2 sucks as well(but not as much as Dragonball Gt). Seriously, Suzaku has MENTAL PROBLEMS!! His girlfrend, Shirley, is ALIVE yet he acts like she's dead.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:39   Link #1613
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post
Code Geass R2 sucks as well(but not as much as Dragonball Gt). Seriously, Suzaku has MENTAL PROBLEMS!! His girlfrend, Shirley, is ALIVE yet he acts like she's dead.
uh

what
Old 2012-01-29, 01:56   Link #1614
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

We have already mentioned this a million times over, but here goes again:

Do not talk about reputation in your posts, if you feel someone has broken the forum rules with a rep comment then please report it. Any more posts about rep will be deleted and warnings and infractions will be handed out.

And spare me the sarcastic remarks and jabs in the thread as well. If the thread title is "Anime you hate" then get over the fact that some people, will in fact, hate the shows you happen to like.
Old 2012-01-29, 02:04   Link #1615
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hands down the franchise that most comes to mind when I look at this topic is the Monogatari series. Oh my goodness this franchise. I've said before in this thread that I normally don't really hate a franchise because it's not really worth hating a franchise, but that was before I really sat down to watch Bakemonogatari and it proceeded to set my teeth on edge in a way I never thought possible for an anime to do before.

I honestly can't think of a single thing that I find redeeming about this franchise in the 8 episodes I watched of Bakemonogatari. The characters all feel like products that are being marketed at me in how they are put on display and I didn't like a single one of them but for Meme Oshino who unfortunately has the least amount of screen time. The rest all manage to be incredibly annoying and undesirable to me in a way that I've rarely experienced with anime. The dialogue to me is just plain awfully written, parsed and nonsensical in the extreme and yet seems to go on aimlessly for minutes at a time with nothing being accomplished for it, the direction is distracting at best, dizzying and nausea inducing at worst with the constant camera angle changes and cuts to random text, and the music basically amounts to little better than looping bleeps and bloops that the NES soundchip could put to shame. This all led to one incredibly unpleasant watch that varied at best to me laughing at what was transpiring and asking if this was really what they were going with and at worst just plain groaning and checking the time every 30 seconds or so to see when the episode would finally end and release me from the inanity.

Yeah...just really nothing redeemable about this franchise to me whatsoever, yet everyone else seems to love it and it's one of the most popular anime franchises of all time so there you go.
Old 2012-01-29, 02:35   Link #1616
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Mahou Modaka magica(i think thats wat its called)

Everyone loves it, i just found it dark and depressing and droped it when mami(i think) got her head bitten off....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post
Code Geass R2 sucks
yeah i kinda agree, the last couple of eps were awesome but the rest sucks, hell look at the first 4 eps closely they are a clone of the first 4 eps of R1

Edit:
Spoiler for Huge code geass r2 spoiler:

Last edited by Om Nerabdator; 2012-01-29 at 08:59.
Old 2012-01-29, 03:18   Link #1617
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^I know Geass R2 is old news by Internet standards, but it's not exactly Star Wars. Careful with the death spoilers, please. This isn't the Geass forum. Some people who read this thread might have not watched it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey
uh

what
First I thought he meant Euphie, then I realized that it wouldn't fit anyway. Then I got even more confused.

And then I realize I don't actually care because I don't really like Geass R2 after all.
Old 2012-01-29, 03:42   Link #1618
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Candy Boy (the 7-episode ONA)
This seems to be a cult classic among yuri fans. After seeing some nice-looking screenshots, I gave it a go, but it was a shockingly repelling anime for all its mildness. The characters can't seem to grab me, and some of them do a few groan-inducingly annoying things. Especially Sakuya was pretty much a one-note joke character who did nothing but overreact. Not to mention, the animation is obviously cutting a lot of corners to make up for the amount of detail. There was very little actual movement of the characters, with obvious camera cutaways whenever something dynamic happened. I don't normally mind worse-than-average animation, but it's unsettling when something that very much should be animated isn't.

Then I saw the "Episode 0" and was surprised at how much of an improvement it was over the Candy Boy series. The animation was much better. The romance actually went somewhere. Sakuya was reduced to a minor role whose lack of screen time made her tolerable. It was still only mediocre, but it was a much more enjoyable watch than that horrible 7-episode series.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:48   Link #1619
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
We have already mentioned this a million times over, but here goes again:

Do not talk about reputation in your posts, if you feel someone has broken the forum rules with a rep comment then please report it. Any more posts about rep will be deleted and warnings and infractions will be handed out.

And spare me the sarcastic remarks and jabs in the thread as well. If the thread title is "Anime you hate" then get over the fact that some people, will in fact, hate the shows you happen to like.
Sorry about the rep thing but....

...I will have to stick my neck about the whole sarcastic remarks thing. I mean, sure, you can absolutely hate a show I don't(assuming you actually tried watching first), that's basically a difference of opinion but, if someone comes here and say this:

"Hey, XXX anime sucks you know, I hate it.... just saw some more pictures of it and IT'S OBVIOUSLY FOR CHILDREN, I MEAN look at those drawings."

I will obviously defend the anime I like with actual arguments. And what do you expect from a thread like this anyway? Most people don't really enjoy seeing other people bashing on a anime they love, SPECIALLY when they don't know wtf they are talking about
Old 2012-01-29, 11:52   Link #1620
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hands down the franchise that most comes to mind when I look at this topic is the Monogatari series. Oh my goodness this franchise. I've said before in this thread that I normally don't really hate a franchise because it's not really worth hating a franchise, but that was before I really sat down to watch Bakemonogatari and it proceeded to set my teeth on edge in a way I never thought possible for an anime to do before.

I honestly can't think of a single thing that I find redeeming about this franchise in the 8 episodes I watched of Bakemonogatari. The characters all feel like products that are being marketed at me in how they are put on display and I didn't like a single one of them but for Meme Oshino who unfortunately has the least amount of screen time. The rest all manage to be incredibly annoying and undesirable to me in a way that I've rarely experienced with anime. The dialogue to me is just plain awfully written, parsed and nonsensical in the extreme and yet seems to go on aimlessly for minutes at a time with nothing being accomplished for it, the direction is distracting at best, dizzying and nausea inducing at worst with the constant camera angle changes and cuts to random text, and the music basically amounts to little better than looping bleeps and bloops that the NES soundchip could put to shame. This all led to one incredibly unpleasant watch that varied at best to me laughing at what was transpiring and asking if this was really what they were going with and at worst just plain groaning and checking the time every 30 seconds or so to see when the episode would finally end and release me from the inanity.

Yeah...just really nothing redeemable about this franchise to me whatsoever, yet everyone else seems to love it and it's one of the most popular anime franchises of all time so there you go.
I have to agree with you very much on this since thats why I don't like the Monogatari series neither.
Closed Thread