AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 20:59   Link #941
seiftis
~defying fate

Just got the OST, and it's greeeaaaaat *huggles Yuki Kajiura*

So far my uh.. top 8 fav:
#01-Ensei
#03-Natsu Sora Kaifuu
#07-Gakuen-ou Kenzan!
#16-It's Only the Fairytale (still can't understand the engrish )
#20-Nazo ga Nazo no Yobu
#21-Yoru no Soko ni Shimizu (gotta luv the violin)
#22-Tokiiro no Mai
#23-Mezame

Edit: SS has just released ep.12 too~

Last edited by seiftis; 2004-12-21 at 22:05.
seiftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:15   Link #942
SeedBoy

*Wonders* will there gonna be a new opening within the next 2 episode. Wanna see new scenes and clues in the opening along with a new song.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:53   Link #943
wao
OK.

Regarding Midori's note in ep 12, this is what I have gotten out of it:
Spoiler:

Conclusion: Most of iti s there to confuse us. The most important thing is the fuuka=fuuka thing in there.

Somebody kindly double-check it. By the way, I think it's most likely 封架. But 封駕 is also possible except that the 2nd kanji doesn't exactly look like 駕.

EDIT: I haven't watched the sub of ep 12 yet so all of that might have already been there. I forgot to mention in that picture that the last name of the director Mashiro is Kazahana - 風花, which can also be read as "fuuka". However the 2nd kanji is different from the name of the school, 風華.

EDIT2: I listened to the soundtrack, my favourites rae Ensei, Kyou no Hajimari (it makes me feel very relaxed), Oharahetta (even if they play it way too much), It's only the fairy tale (even though the pronounciation is so AAIAIAIIAIAIAi bad), but my most favourite is Mezame.

Last edited by wao; 2004-12-22 at 01:13.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:56   Link #944
ChronoReverse

Good grief, if Midori's upgraded child is that crazy, what happens when Kagatsuchi upgrades?

Mai: Kagatsuchi! GO!

*Kagatsuchi upgrades

Uber Kagatsuchi: ATCHOO!

*the island is vaporized along with the entire lake
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 01:15   Link #945
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Notice that giant dagger in his head?

I think that's limiter. Remove that and.......

Regarding the note, I think it's 封架
Also I believe 13 maidens refer to 12 Himes and Alyssa.. speaking of which here's the lyrics to her song:

"Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of.. moon"

"Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that bloom just once in years"

"They're dancing in shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of place where they're free as dove"

"They're never been allowed to love in this cursed cage"

"It's only the fairy tale they believe"
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 02:04   Link #946
wao
OK.

Yeah, I agree with you about the whole 12 maidens and Alyssa thing. And what an idiot I am. I didn't realise that 封架 could refer to the land of Fuuka. Well well. I guess I'm not observant enough

EDIT: Super-super baka. It definitely is 封架. The next episode preview mentions a 封架神社 where the 魂響祭り will be held so it's probably some sort of shrine or something. Actually in ep 6 the shrine Shiho's grandfather owns is called 封架神社. D'oh...

Last edited by wao; 2004-12-22 at 02:50.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:14   Link #947
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Notice that giant dagger in his head?

I think that's limiter. Remove that and.......

Regarding the note, I think it's 封架
Also I believe 13 maidens refer to 12 Himes and Alyssa.. speaking of which here's the lyrics to her song:

"Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of.. moon"

"Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that bloom just once in years"

"They're dancing in shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of place where they're free as dove"

"They're never been allowed to love in this cursed cage"

"It's only the fairy tale they believe"

Want to hear a crazy thought which just occurred to me? What if this song doesn't refer to the HiMEs, but actually their _children_?

The HiMEs don't look particularly locked in a cursed cage, never been allowed to love ... or dreaming to be free. Their children however are, since they need to be unsealed first. And who can tell the age and genders of monsters?

Also, this HiME star thingy is right beside the moon. Is that where the children/orphans are locked away?

Anyway, just a thought.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:21   Link #948
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
#01-Ensei
#03-Natsu Sora Kaifuu
#07-Gakuen-ou Kenzan!
#16-It's Only the Fairytale (still can't understand the engrish )
#20-Nazo ga Nazo no Yobu
#21-Yoru no Soko ni Shimizu (gotta luv the violin)
#22-Tokiiro no Mai
#23-Mezame
I'd add "Mata Aou Ne" to that

Kajiura-sensei sugoi! Looking forward to the next OST installment, especially to the Yukino-piece.

It's Only the Fairy Tale is wonderful ... yes, engrishy, but with the translation available it's downright touching. And I bet it will have a significance in the anime.
Old 2004-12-22, 03:25   Link #949
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
I still maintain that Natsuki is Claes from gunslinger girl sin glasses, I mean she use guns....hehehe

Too bad, as cool as her characterization, her power blows goat. I have never seen her beat anybody, not even the barely awaken Mai. Poor girl, even Akane, the one day Hime, is stronger looking.
But she still rocks. Not very useful in combat maybe, but she knows a lot and has found out more than others combined. Her attitude + skin tight uniform = definitely my favorite character.

Spoiler for episode 12:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 08:40   Link #950
Mr.Minou

Spoiler:
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 08:44   Link #951
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Tate's nothing like Shinji.

If there's anyone remotely close to Shinji, it would be Yukino..
Who said Tate=Shinji? Just because I was comparing Mai and Tate to Shinji and Asuka, it doesn't mean that the guy is being compared to the guy or the girl being compared to the girl.

Quite the contrary, if I want to compare, I'll say Mai is Shinji with her "I don't want to get involved in all of this. I just want to lead a normal life" speech. Tate being Asuka was just me being sarcastic in response to the idea of Mai masturbating next to a comatose Tate. Although Tate is as hot-headed as Asuka.

Plus, anyone who's been spoiled for episode 14 will know that the event for that episode is quite similar to EoE movie. Either way, chill out. Just because someone is seeing similarity between two shows, it doesn't mean that one show is better than the other.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 08:58   Link #952
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm why did miyu not kill natsuki when she has the chance to? With or without the child summoned, killing her will end all the trouble. So why does she wants to wait for her child to be summoned then kill her? Are himes immortal as long their child is not dead?
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 09:14   Link #953
seiftis
~defying fate

meh, I was wondering about the same thing. But she's one of the main character and my fav, so she just can't die yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedBoy
*Wonders* will there gonna be a new opening within the next 2 episode. Wanna see new scenes and clues in the opening along with a new song.
I don't think there'll be one...
Old 2004-12-22, 09:16   Link #954
wao
OK.

Perhaps if the HiME dies and the Child is still around, the Child will become a super-powerful Orphan who is not under the Searrs' control. And it will be harder to find (if the HiME is alive then you know as long as you fight the HiME the Child will come out).

Of course I still don't really know for sure.
Old 2004-12-22, 09:58   Link #955
Mentar
Banned

Or maybe she simply didn't have the time to finish off Natsuki, since Mikoto was jumping over to attack Alyssa, and Miyu had to jump back to defend her. (Just between us, what the hell was that? What would happen to Alyssa when she got whacked by Miroku? Was she trying to KILL her??)

Rotweiler: I see your point and am not trying to fight or anything, honest ... but the Mai-Shinji comparison was really pretty drastic. While it's true that both Shinji and Mai show strong reluctance to be drawn into fighting, they are so different characterwise that it's almost like night and day. Mai is a very mature young woman with a strong feeling of responsibility - not only towards her little brother, but towards her friends in general. She is going so far as to organize an effort to deal with the vampire threat all by herself, just like she was paying her hard-earned money to chase after a bus full of strangers due to the orphan threat she perceived. She's strong-willed, independent and reliable.

Shinji on the other hand is a very weak and wimpish person who needs to be led by the hand. He's torn by inner doubts and turmoil and does not act on his own. He doesn't actively try to find solutions for obvious problems and seeks solitude and isolation - until he's dragged back into the fighting again by others.

I hope you can see why in my point of view both characters are pretty much the antithesis of each other, even though they indeed both share a reluctance to fight and kill.
Old 2004-12-22, 10:15   Link #956
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think what Forever meant is at the time before, when Natsuki was knocked unconscious by Miyu. And when ordered to "dispose of the barbaric girl (Natsuki)", Miyu said something like "it's pointless to kill a HiME without getting her Child out first".

Mikoto obviously doesn't hesitate in trying to kill Alyssa, I think because of her "beastial instincts", Mikoto can always feel the evil in Alyssa
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 11:30   Link #957
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Well here's a thought: could it be that Miyu left the girl alive because her real is goal is not to destroy both the Child and ORPHAN's, but to enslave and subjugate all of them? Something like this would be more consistant with the fact that the Sears crew keeps a whole wall full of them in jars and lets a few out to cause trouble. If you think about it, the whole business of a single person finding a suitable avatar and is willing to put up with the price of bonding one is VERY troublesome. And the way it is you can only have 1 CHILD to a one unfortunate bloke, the rest become rogues that have to be hunted down.

Pretty wasteful no? especially since they are near ideal for a powerful and stealthy deployed weapon. That's what would happen because the militaries of the world will pay through their nose for the ability to immediately summon a mobile artillary piece like Durran or the flying nuke Mai has.

So my take on ep9.

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 15:40   Link #958
H3avyM3tal

Hi all!
I'm new to these forums, so I'd like to say Hi.
Ok, enough of this crap.

I don't have much time right now, but I'd like to say that My-Hime is my current fav anime, and I would like to know if this series has only 13 eps, cuz I don't think that I could handle the sadness I will endue if this show ended prematurelly....
Oh, and ofcourse I will drop by agian to discuss this awsomely awsomeing awsome anime.
Kudos!
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 16:08   Link #959
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
Hi all!
I'm new to these forums, so I'd like to say Hi.
Ok, enough of this crap.

I don't have much time right now, but I'd like to say that My-Hime is my current fav anime, and I would like to know if this series has only 13 eps, cuz I don't think that I could handle the sadness I will endue if this show ended prematurelly....
Oh, and ofcourse I will drop by agian to discuss this awsomely awsomeing awsome anime.
Kudos!
I'm sure I read somewhere it wouldn't be 13 episodes, and can you imagine it ending the very next episode? It's highly unlikely... they would have to have mad skills to pull off an ending like that and actually have some sense of closure. Or they could just pull a Girls Bravo and make us wait for another season. Who knows?
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 17:22   Link #960
DrewGSR

the ost sounds just like the madlax ost, granted it from the same artist but damn some of the songs sound exactly the same with minor lyric changes. same sound and tempo and everything lol. oh well still good.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote