5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.70%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-05, 15:57   Link #21
LaSean

Asem's military outfit reminds me a lot of Setsuna.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:54   Link #22
xellos2099

I am not sure of what's the point of Zehart stealing the gundam age 1 model. By now Age 1 should be quite outdated by now and even if Zehart manage to steal it... won't Flin be able to made another one relatively quickly?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:55   Link #23
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I didn't mind them skipping weeks worth of development via a montage, but ultimately, I felt that having Zeheart already warming up towards his undercover role in just 1 episode ( the bonding only began this episode ) is a little too fast.

The key cast would be remaining together for a little while more anyway, so I thought that suddenly giving Zeheart the relief of being able to continue his role was too premature. Another 1 or 2 episodes at least would've been more natural.
You forget that they showed Zeheart working with them for severals days. It's a short time-skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Youth is all about Friendship, Love and Mobile Suit!

I think this will be my new favorite Gundam quote
Ah ah ah me too And it sums up well this new generation, I think.

Other than that, it seems Romary has a crush toward Theheart
Old 2012-02-05, 17:09   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far so good with this second generation. Sure I might have liked a bit more of seeing Zeheart interacting with everyone so it'd make his emotions at the end smoother, but it still wasn't bad. Clearly have to work with the limited time for each age so have to hurry some things along here.

Already starting to cement this triangle situation with Asemu, Romary, and Zeheart. Nice save by her just showing up to throw the guys off their game . But really this should be pretty good since we're seeing likable characters as part of it. Both Asemu and Romary have been pretty likable and Zeheart is getting there.

That quote really does reflect this generation . Friendship, Love, and Mobile Suits !

So seems we're going to keep moving quickly and towards that military school Flit brought up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am not sure of what's the point of Zehart stealing the gundam age 1 model. By now Age 1 should be quite outdated by now and even if Zehart manage to steal it... won't Flin be able to made another one relatively quickly?
Considering it's done a pretty good job beating their new units I don't see why they wouldn't want to get their hands on the Gundam. Besides they've already seen its ability to grow and adapt and no surprise that they might want that kind of thing for themselves. Just looking at it from the enemies perspective it seems like a good move. Don't know how much they know about the Gundam or Age system, but if they just looked at the war history it'd be a good move to get their hands on it.
Old 2012-02-05, 17:21   Link #25
tanqexe

That mobile suit competition made me wonder: Asemu in his Jr. MS vs Simon in Lagann. Place your bets.

I keep half-expecting Woolf's cocky voice to come out of Zehart's mouth.

Oh, and lesson learned today from Zehart:

To get a pretty girl's attention, save her from being hit with a spinning wrench. Being a tall, long-haired bishi is a plus.

I'm pretty surprised that the farm hands made it out alive...that jeep should've been blown to kingdom come.

Last edited by tanqexe; 2012-02-05 at 17:36.
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:22   Link #26
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Tordia's security must be a joke if the Vagans could drive a MS in broad daylight on the highway without anyone spotting it, especially the day after Tordia's "defenses" are penetrated. One would think the colony would still be under martial law or emergency standby considering the short time period.

I liked the episode and I don't think they rushed Zeheart's development, except maybe at the very end. That felt kind of sudden, but I can see why they had to somewhat fast forward through his befriending of Asem and his friends. I think of it like Kira and Athrun's interactions in SEED. How Asem and Zeheart will act once the conflict escalates and Asem realizes Zeheart's true identity will be the interesting part. Granted, it's nice to have a good backstory, but it's not exactly necessary, and given the time constraints with 3 generations, I think this episode did a good enough job.

I'm also confused as to why Romary would make Zeheart stop He hasn't shown any indications of liking her so far, so why would it matter if she was there?

+1 For the quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:53   Link #27
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh so its a love triangle now. Zeheart warming up to staying was a little bit of a surprise whose only role is a spy to recover the gundam. Don't know how safe the gundam will be at the facility since the security inside the colony is awful.
Old 2012-02-05, 18:17   Link #28
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So far so good with this second generation. Sure I might have liked a bit more of seeing Zeheart interacting with everyone so it'd make his emotions at the end smoother, but it still wasn't bad. Clearly have to work with the limited time for each age so have to hurry some things along here.

Already starting to cement this triangle situation with Asemu, Romary, and Zeheart. Nice save by her just showing up to throw the guys off their game . But really this should be pretty good since we're seeing likable characters as part of it. Both Asemu and Romary have been pretty likable and Zeheart is getting there.

That quote really does reflect this generation . Friendship, Love, and Mobile Suits !

So seems we're going to keep moving quickly and towards that military school Flit brought up.

Considering it's done a pretty good job beating their new units I don't see why they wouldn't want to get their hands on the Gundam. Besides they've already seen its ability to grow and adapt and no surprise that they might want that kind of thing for themselves. Just looking at it from the enemies perspective it seems like a good move. Don't know how much they know about the Gundam or Age system, but if they just looked at the war history it'd be a good move to get their hands on it.
It's the AGE system that makes the Gundam. The Gundam is simply a data collector.

On that matter is the AGE-2 a completely different unit compared to AGE-1 or is it just an upgrade?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:20   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's the AGE system that makes the Gundam. The Gundam is simply a data collector.

On that matter is the AGE-2 a completely different unit compared to AGE-1 or is it just an upgrade?
But the only thing that matters is if the Vagans know that or not. Somehow I doubt Flit has been broadcasting information about how the Age System works for the enemy to pick up. As far as they know the Gundam is the key to everything and thus a good reason to take it.
Old 2012-02-05, 20:10   Link #30
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I like that the Veigans are finally given a human face, and it's not all fanatic crazies, but normal human beings, effectively removing credibility from the very black and white image painted in the first arc.

The time skipping is alright, as long as the relationships between the characters are well hinted at, and they are, more or less (so as to avoid any weird and unnecessary fan backlash like there was for arc 1 *cough*).
Asem is still pleasant as a lead, he's not fussy and doesn't whine.

However, Romary having to be carried off during graduation because of something Zehart said or did in the preview is a bit offensive. I don't mind a damsel in distress every now and then, but that is horrible. I say this as a girl, we don't just swoon and fall over and need to be rescued because we were talked to harshly, are shocked, scared or were slapped in the face or whatever. That is a cliche best left in the 70ies- Romary came across as a nice but ballsy girl- showing up on a battlefield and all. Having to be carried to "safety" by the male lead is maybe cute in the eye of whoever wrote that or maybe guys even really think that is normal... but it's not. It basically says she can't take care of herself and is some weak little thing.
I'm not a feminist or anything, but this scene bothers me...

Did anyone notice that an old man and two engineers/ stable boys in a truck are holding out better against the UE than a squad of Feddie suits xD

This arc is a lot more enjoyable than the first, it's definitely an improvement. Don't think this show will ever be a favourite or worth a re-watch but it's entertaining enough and Asem's got my attention at least and the quality seems overall improved so I'm giving this episode 7/10
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:14   Link #31
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I like that the Veigans are finally given a human face, and it's not all fanatic crazies, but normal human beings, effectively removing credibility from the very black and white image painted in the first arc.

I don't mind the time skipping either, as long as the relationships between the characters are well hinted at, and they are, more or less.
Asem is still pleasant as a lead, he's not fussy and doesn't whine.

However, Romary having to be carried off during graduation because of something Zehart said or did in the preview is a bit offensive. I don't mind a damsel in distress every now and then, but that is horrible. I say this as a girl, we don't just swoon and fall over and need to be rescued because we were talked to harshly, are shocked, scared or were slapped in the face or whatever. That is a cliche best left in the 70ies- Romary came across as a nice but ballsy girl- showing up on a battlefield and all. Having to be carried to "safety" by the male lead is maybe cute in the eye of whoever wrote that or maybe guys even really think that is normal... but it's not. It basically says she can't take care of herself and is some weak little thing.

Did anyone notice that an old man and two engineers/ stable boys in a truck are holding out better against the UE than a squad of Feddie suits xD

This arc is a lot more enjoyable than the first, it's definitely an improvement. Don't think this show will ever be a favourite or worth a re-watch but it's entertaining enough and Asem's got my attention at least and the quality seems overall improved so I'm giving this episode 7/10
They're the barn defense team.
Old 2012-02-05, 20:59   Link #32
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A nice character development episode. I enjoyed it.

8/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:01   Link #33
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Tordia's security must be a joke if the Vagans could drive a MS in broad daylight on the highway without anyone spotting it, especially the day after Tordia's "defenses" are penetrated. One would think the colony would still be under martial law or emergency standby considering the short time period.
Calling it now. Frit is purposely lowering the security so his son could have a chance to fight.

Quote:
You are a girl doesn't mean you are a standard for every girl in the world. It's like saying guys who love cooking and knitting are gay.
I'm just glad people around me are understanding.
Old 2012-02-05, 21:46   Link #34
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Calling it now. Frit is purposely lowering the security so his son could have a chance to fight.

You are a girl doesn't mean you are a standard for every girl in the world. It's like saying guys who love cooking and knitting are gay.
I'm just glad people around me are understanding.
If Flit did that, he's god damn dead selfish. How could he risk the lives of those at Tordia so that his son could get some experience in MS combat?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:47   Link #35
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

man, it would be hilarious if Zehart ended up being the second seasons Yurin, and Romarie ends up NTRing Asem instead
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:35   Link #36
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
If Flit did that, he's god damn dead selfish. How could he risk the lives of those at Tordia so that his son could get some experience in MS combat?
It's wipe the Vagan menace from the universe, there must be no compromise!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 04:27   Link #37
abc0716

The MS tournament looks a bit like Real Steel's robot tournament, despite the tournament scene is very short.

This's the only impression I have on this episode, need more episodes to justify how the 3 generation saga moves on.

Ratings: 6/10
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:27   Link #38
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Sure the gundam is good but anyone else wondering where Flit hid the AGE system cause to me that was one hax machine and was the reason the gundam was so Good heck it made DIVA into White base.

Also IMO The love triangle is starting to look extremely forced in order to create more tension between heart and Asem later in the arc.

Anyone else hoping to see Flit pilot a unit at least one more time; and have SOME interaction with Emily. Flashback would be nice.
Old 2012-02-06, 13:06   Link #39
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I wonder.

Is Zeheart going to be skipping between piloting the Adele and his main suit?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:47   Link #40
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I dunno about the pacing. Zeheart just transfered last episode, this episode they used a montage to skip through weeks of him developing a friendship with Asemu.
Spoiler for Next Episode Preview:

That seems way too fast for me.
It kind of makes you wonder how all of this would have been handled if Asem was the focus at the start of AGE...

Tags
weekly episode discussion