AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 00:08   Link #601
gameboy234

I don't get the mirepoc part. Her hair turned purple, and she gain power.
What is the power and how? Can some1 elaborate?
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 02:46   Link #602
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridei View Post
Just finished the whole series, and i must say it is amazing! Loved the concept, ideas, the unusual storytelling..... everithing!

There is just one thing that i didn't grasp: why did Ruruta transfer his powers to Nieniu? I mean, i understand that all he wants is to protect her and make her happy, but if that was what he was trying to accomplish with the power transfer, why didn't he do it before?

I must thank everyone in this forum for your posts and viewpoints! I feel that part of my understanding of this anime is because of you!

PS: I'm dying for a soundtrack release, it's relly awesome!
I think he transfered his powers to Nieniu because he couldn't stand losing to Hamy, and he was resigned to her destroying the world if she woke up. Ruruta hoped she would be happy if the world was destroyed, even if that made everything he'd done to protect it pointless, but by that time Nieniu was incapable of happiness, or imagining that anyone could really be happy (bit self centred).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
I don't get the mirepoc part. Her hair turned purple, and she gain power.
What is the power and how? Can some1 elaborate?
She gained Chacoly's power to cause her own emotions to be felt by others, in case sound-the-bugle-now awakening and shounen spirit.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 03:38   Link #603
Boduar

Finally came back to watching this after being disappointed with first few episodes and have to say it was worth watching. Its really too bad the first 2-3 episodes for me at least just seemed really meh, personally because of the "meats" concept which ended up on the back burner after the first few.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:31   Link #604
gonzo562

i dropped this series after the first few episodes to
guess i give this series another try
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 17:22   Link #605
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ok, I finished this one. It was a pile of very good ideas and very bad presentation. Their line of thought made no sense no matter how much I tried to explain it. And I'm no rookie in weird stories. Obviously the scriptwritters didn't know what they were doing.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 17:39   Link #606
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
What are you talking about? All the staff I saw in this series made sense.
Old 2010-04-04, 21:37   Link #607
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Awesome series it didnt disappoint at all
Old 2010-04-05, 04:26   Link #608
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I wish they kind of touch upon where the dead really goes. Since the "heaven" turns out to be just Ruruta. So after they disappear, where can their spirits find peace?
Rest in our soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
Epic, epic episode. Had adrenaline rush throughout this episode. Props to the anime team for doing a good job.

If it was given more budget, it should easily surpass code geass/death note through just storytelling alone. A shame it's not getting the recognition it deserves.
When I was in the college, I have taken a "popular culture" course. My professor gave me a useful point.
It is very common that popular culture is flooded with those "low-class", cheesy kinds of work. People wants to be entertained so they flourishes. It is okay for this. However, at the same time, do we give enough chance for other kinds of work survive? That is the problem.
I admit that I also like watching anime for moe and fan-service. I watch K-on!, Queen Blade... At the same time, I watch this series and I will support Yamagata-san to make more good stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Did Hamy have some hand in Noloty's death then? I thought it was just the Governor of Paradise. BTW, did Hamy's final power get any sort of foreshadowing in the novels?

It seems that love can survive without memory, in Mirepoc and Volken's case. But as with Ruruta losing his memory of Nienu and killing her, leaving your memories leads to bad results. The mission of the Armed Librarians was to conceal the truth of the past and in the end Ruruta lost the significance of what they were doing, and caused so many atrocities Nienu could never forgive him. It seems that while past events are remembered (if a record exists, that means forever) the emotions they inspire will exist too. There definately could be more forgiveness in this philosophy; the overlaying of old memories by new one seems to be the only way people change their veiwpoint.
Spoiler for an unconfirmed spoiler in volume 10:

That part (Mirepoc lost memory) is original and I think it didn't fit in the whole theme. Love/emotion = past/memory is valid in the whole story. Acutally, in arc 5, the wizard Charlotte (the fat wizard) said to Olivia, "You don't love anyone because you have forgotten." When Olivia (and those meats) got their memories back, she then knew that she loved and was loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridei View Post
There is just one thing that i didn't grasp: why did Ruruta transfer his powers to Nieniu? I mean, i understand that all he wants is to protect her and make her happy, but if that was what he was trying to accomplish with the power transfer, why didn't he do it before?
Hamyuts killed the people inside him and made him lose his abilities. He couldn't stop her and he would die soon (Hamyuts wouldn't let him live). Giving Nieniu's ability to her could stop him losing and Nieniu's wish could be fulfilled too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
WOW, that last episode had more Crowning Moments of Awesome/Badass than I could count, felt pretty satisfying in that way (even though the power of prayer becoming important did seem cheesy...).
But one question I don't think ever got answered, did did Hamy say (multiple times to) "if you kill me you can save the world?" Did that mean that then she would be able to go into Rurta and draw the other books in for the final fight? Would her book have satisfied Neinu instead?
I think the "power of prayers" thing can be explained in this way. In Ruruta's dimension, the will power is more important than the real power. The power is stronger as the will is. So, they can the will power of the whole world to defeat Nieniu.

Yes, that was what she meant. Chacoli and she didn't know Nieniu before they got into Ruruta. So, they planned to kill Ruruta but not satisfy Nieniu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden7 View Post
Highlights of the Final Episode:

"I will mourn your death and celebrate your salvation" - Volken

Ireia --- super hot and super strong -> maybe her younger version is as stonger as Mokkania, which would make her as strong as Hamyuts

My Favorite Characters:
Volken, Colio, Ireia (Younger Version)

and maybe Chacoly and Hamyuts aren't so evil as first perceived
I want a spin-off of young Ireia!

Their life were twisted so they minds were twisted too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ok, I finished this one. It was a pile of very good ideas and very bad presentation. Their line of thought made no sense no matter how much I tried to explain it. And I'm no rookie in weird stories. Obviously the scriptwritters didn't know what they were doing.
The adaptation is not good enough.
Try the novel. Someone is translating it.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:04   Link #609
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Review time! Feedback appreciated.

Spoiler for tl;dr:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 12:01   Link #610
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden7 View Post
Highlights of the Final Episode:

"I will mourn your death and celebrate your salvation" - Volken

Ireia --- super hot and super strong -> maybe her younger version is as stonger as Mokkania, which would make her as strong as Hamyuts

My Favorite Characters:
Volken, Colio, Ireia (Younger Version)

and maybe Chacoly and Hamyuts aren't so evil as first perceived
Sad that all my favorites died. I was hoping for some kind of miracle at the end but once I saw Hamyuts poof, I knew it was not coming.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 11:18   Link #611
Battler-kun

Cheesy ending, but i am not unhappy.

Mirepoc after 10 years is really hot.

But i wonder what happened with the rest like Enrique?

Is it covered in the VN?

Who did Mirepoc marry?

I really want to know.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 10:45   Link #612
klare

finally finished this, it was a funny experience which can be described as:

the first few episodes were like they tell their story and dont care what u think, very confusing and chars with funny names... but somehow managed to keep we following

the story gets better at the mid-way point, especially the sad ones, started to get used to the chars and the way they act

the ending is acceptable but not really great, i guess it is hard for me to believe so many chars go from "im gonna kill u" to "i will protect u" in such a short time

overall i think this is the surprise title of the last 2 seasons, worth to watch
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 01:51   Link #613
OkamiNoKaze

Finished this series, it was great, definitely a sleeper hit. There aren't many anime out there with a mature, thought provoking story like this series had. Noloty was my favorite, her fate was sad, but I was glad to see her again in the finale, I think a story focused on the cowgirl would have been interesting, she seems a character I could have liked more if she was fleshed out a little more. The ending was great seeing all them characters
Old 2010-05-06, 10:35   Link #614
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Listening to the soundtrack, and wow does it deliver. All the pieces i wanted from the series are here, together with some i don't remember all that well. I think a rewatch is in order, especially seeing as though i wouldn't mind watching it again.

Anyone else listened to it yet?
Old 2010-05-07, 06:02   Link #615
Black-tsundere
Tsundere Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Listening to the soundtrack, and wow does it deliver. All the pieces i wanted from the series are here, together with some i don't remember all that well. I think a rewatch is in order, especially seeing as though i wouldn't mind watching it again.

Anyone else listened to it yet?
i havn't yet, did you buy it. i've only continued to listen to the music the play's in the trailer, and it's just epic. i can just imagine how epic the ost is going to be

EDIT.
no worries i found it
Black-tsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 09:30   Link #616
OkamiNoKaze

Nothing really stood out for me scorewise, though it's rare if it does. I did like Ali Projects Opening song though.
Old 2012-02-03, 15:56   Link #617
LKK

Sentai Filmworks has licensed the series. [ANN]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:22   Link #618
kyouray
2D > 3D

Finally ! Great news.
Old 2012-02-05, 16:57   Link #619
cerrian

I'm really surprised that it got licensed. As much as I love this series, I thought that the general lack of fans during the initial showing would forever doom this series. So many people missed out on this one because it defied quite a few of today's conventions for anime story-telling.

News of the licensing has given me reason to re-watch the show and damn...a 2nd viewing of this show is definitely recommended to see how the seeds of future events were planted and then woven into a complex tapestry.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen