Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 08:33   Link #501
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Really? you do not see the parallels between Kei and Kaito, Ichika and Mizuho, Kanna and Koishi, Mio and Kaede, Lemon and MarshmellowStrawberrry, Rinnon and Mari... both visually and personality-wise They even repeat on several occasions lines from the original, not to mention events especially in the first couple of episodes
And that all has to do with the writing (same writer). The differences in style between the two shows though comes from the direction (different directors). The direction is separate from what you're mentioning above.

Connections between the PLOT and characters can easily be made, but the WAY Ano Natsu is being told feels very much like Toradora/AnoHana. It's portrayed more realistically.
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 12:33   Link #502
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Ep 05

Grr you SillyKing, taking advantage of my lackadaisical connection to get a jump on that bouncy avatar...

Ahem about the ep, I tell you guys I don't get tired of that Rinon, the way it eats, the way it just non non non every time....

And how about that Lemon, the writer of their movie just chooses settings, and leave the script up to the actors? Way to troll I had a big lol when Mizuho used the ray gun and then Rinon pulls it out too oh, and I guess that's why they showed Lemon's giant camera in the previous eps, that must mean that she'll definitely be controlling the camera during the Kaito X Mizuho scenes

I gotta say though, it's really not Kanna's fault she asked those questions. They put her on the spot, and her feelings got mixed in that tense moment... though I'm glad she asked. Everyone would have gotten so used to Mizuho and not realize she came into their lives so suddenly, there's a high chance she'll leave just as suddenly. Looking forward to this series' climax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Next week is beach and swimsuits! Wooooooo! Will we see the return of the mighty mizugitron?
This series gets a beach ep before Highschool DxD even gets close to a large body of water? I can't wait! In fact... Rinon, build a time machine this instant. It is a matter of the highest ecchi priority!

I wonder if the 2 new girls in the preview happen to be Mizuho's (Ichika's) sisters. Though that wouldn't explain how they tracked her, far as I remember her ship is seriously kaput, which should be harder to track... oh well, here's hoping this series will get it's third Oneesan character
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
On the same note, I find it strange that nobody questions why a caucasian looking girl who came from abroad has a japanese name..... thats about the same category as Rinon.
Well..... anime rarely tackles the question of how folks from another country/planet can even speak the same language. I think I stopped asking myself that after..... Girls Bravo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scan:
Aw Kanna, you're not small. You just need a lifetime course with my patented massage techniques

They should have put Mio in that pic, and have her and Mizuho competing for size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have made a characters/seiyuus page for this show. Pics of characters and their seiyuus. A bit of info about each seiyuu.
Thanks, I never bothered to look it up, but it's nice to confirm that Kanna's VA really is the VA for Lagrange's Madoka Kanna sure could use some of Madoka's cheerfulness right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I think Ichika's costume should have shown more skin, I was very disappointed when I saw what she would be wearing
lol spoken like a true pervert

Now, we saw that outfit in the OP, but I really didn't think we'd actually see it in a ep. I mean, where's Mizuho's outfit when she was in her spaceship? Don't tell me they'll only show that at the end of the series!!! Or worse, they might not show it at all

But then again, leave it up to Lemon-chan to troll us
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 12:44   Link #503
EroKing

Kawaii Kanna Edition.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-27 at 10:36.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:49   Link #504
cyth
Banned

I felt really bad for Mio as she was standing there at the shooting location, giving all the actors light with the reflector screen, as if she can't be part of the drama unfolding.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 15:32   Link #505
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

<3 Oh, I see you Ichikaaaaaaaa~

(This was back in 2007 I guess? Whoa. Maybe 2005...IDK)Currently Watching:
Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Spychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 15:36   Link #506
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Finally 100 favourite tag appeared for Ano Natsu at pixiv:

Ichika

Mio

Remon

Kanna

Japanese sure like their girl as flat as possible

Links to H here

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-09 at 01:56. Reason: just in case
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 15:51   Link #507
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

LMFAO at Kanna's breasts on 2nd bottom photo.

Puh-lease. They need to stop. rofllmao.

Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Old 2012-02-08, 16:06   Link #508
Malkuth
Banned

^ The medical science can do wonders these days
Old 2012-02-08, 16:10   Link #509
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

^^^ loool. The medical world kind of ripped off Kanna then. Whatever happened to plump boobs? She definitely looks like an aged cougar in that 'cougar' pose with her boobs sagging like that. Almost cow/utter like. Hahahahaha XDD Heavens-too good.

Old 2012-02-08, 16:16   Link #510
Malkuth
Banned

^ Most probably treated in Sameda Koban's Moo Moo Farm

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-09 at 01:55. Reason: break link just in case
Old 2012-02-08, 16:57   Link #511
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

What a pretty random movie they are making? I kinda feel sorry for Kanna in this episode.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:12   Link #512
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm not sure what it says about me that the first thing I noticed in Mio's room wasn't the cute nekkid dojikko, it was the penguin plushie.

Hong Kong my ass. Remon went to the Suzumiya school of film-making. I like how she seems to be coming into focus as a Puckish character: I think she wants to see everyone get as happy an ending as realistically possible, but she's not above making them dance for her amusement in the meantime. ufufufufu.

Mio clues Tetsurou in to Kanna's whereabouts so he can be there for her, and Tetsurou in turn pushes Kanna towards Kaito. It's like one big love-martyr daisy chain.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:53   Link #513
Malkuth
Banned

I forgot to ask... what the hell is a Hong Kong style script
Old 2012-02-08, 20:14   Link #514
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Who are Ichigo and Mizuho? I keep hearing their names everywhere and I haven’t seen any characters with those names unless it was something I missed a few eps back.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:16   Link #515
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Who are Ichigo and Mizuho? I keep hearing their names everywhere and I haven’t seen any characters with those names unless it was something I missed a few eps back.
Characters from Onegai Teacher. Mizuho is the red-headed alien teacher and Ichigo is the short, older than she looks character who does some trollish things in Onegai Twins.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:43   Link #516
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
WTH!?! What is that pic? Gross XD But Boobytron might like it.

That said, it seems that they're aiming to make us cry as early as possible since this is only a one cour anime.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:16   Link #517
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Mio clues Tetsurou in to Kanna's whereabouts so he can be there for her, and Tetsurou in turn pushes Kanna towards Kaito. It's like one big love-martyr daisy chain.
Hmm not sure how much of a martyr Tetsurou is now, him going against Kanna's wishes didn't sit right with me. Like another poster said in this thread, it wasn't his place to tell Kaito about her feelings. Rather then being a martyr, I'd say he's acting out on his own desire to see Kanna move on. More than likely he's assuming that Kaito will make it clear that he doesn't return Kanna's feelings, so she can in turn cry on his shoulder and move on (maybe with him ). There's not a doubt in my mind that Tetsurou knows how Kaito feels about Ichika, so what type of response is he expecting by revealing this information?

That said, I do agree that he has been a martyr up until this point. I also applaud him for getting the dramatic plot rolling...

As for Mio, she sees it all doesn't she? Kanna's love for Kaito, Tetsurou's love for Kanna and Kaito's crush on Ichika. I feel she's being left out of this love square perhaps she will be paired up with Lemon, the other outsider lol. No in actuality I'm rooting for her and Tetsurou.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:19   Link #518
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
That said, it seems that they're aiming to make us cry as early as possible since this is only a one cour anime.

Oh, absolutely. They made me tear up in Toradora, flat out cry in AnoHana, and no doubt will they try to make us emotional as we, the audience, get further caught up in the emotional storm our characters are bringing in. We are dealing with characters that have an issue of being honest with themselves thus causing them not to be honest with others. Sacrifices are going to be made and someone is going to get hurt. They dont call it a crush for nothing.
J.C. Staff producers/writers know how to hit home on adolescent/young adult heart break and the hardships of growing up.

PLUS-the beautiful piano background music at serious scenes DOESNT help. It will get you!

Old 2012-02-08, 21:32   Link #519
TJR

Quote:
I forgot to ask... what the hell is a Hong Kong style script
Can't say for sure. However, I've heard that Chinese TV serials often to have a loose approach to continuity, with stories drastically changing directions (from season to season) at the writer's whim. You get the same characters but a different vision/focus, and character developments in one season might completely contradict what happened in a previous one.

I suppose their market just isn't as uptight about continuity and consistence as many others.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:34   Link #520
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

This latest episode of "Onegai Senpai" shows why I really like Tetsurou as a character much, much more than Kaito and of course reinforces my feelings towards Remon the wonderful troll and Kanna the poor little third wheel.

My biggest issue with Kaito being the lead character is that he is much too passive. Yeah, he complained a little about Remon taking over as the de facto director, but guess what? She actually did something, unlike Kaito who is still unmotivated and basically waits and depends on everyone else to do something. At least Remon has some sort of vision, and I like the parallels to Haruhi Suzumiya's student film too. So in this episode, we learn about Kaito that he is passive, might like old things(hey if he could fix them, at least he could remind me of what I like about Keiichi Morisato from Ah! My Goddess) and he is now preoccupied with the thought of Ichika eventually leaving. Oh, and he's grown to accept Ichika's odd culinary dishes.

Tetsurou at least does things, and he makes mistakes of course but at least he's trying and I have to cheer him on for that. I loved his ad-lib of being a "Man in Black" and how he managed to get Kaito into the picture leaving our favorite troll to be the cameraperson and director. I know him blurting out Kanna's feelings was very inconsiderate of him, but maybe he just got sick of seeing her in agony over being unable to say how she feels, and I know there is a touch of hypocrisy with him being unable to say how he feels, but at least Kanna might not be strung along. Of course, knowing Kaito, he'd probably pass the buck to Ichika or Remon to gently let her down.

Looking forward to next episode, which has them on the beach. Maybe we get some more lovely Remon moments and fanservice too. Episode gets a 6.5/10 for Remon, Tetsurou and Kanna.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen