AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 19:26   Link #81
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpeRX View Post
Well I think Sasuke will pay in the end by losing his eyesight. He will probably live a life where Sakura will probably take care of him...... Since i doubt my naruxsakura is going to happen.
I suppose I could also accept that as a nice outcome. Because even though I can still see Sasuke being a pretty dangerous shinobi blind, he'd at least be forever banned from anymore sharigan hax (so long as no else gives him another pair of eyes). So it'd be a tough loss for him regardless.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:27   Link #82
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
There is no way Sasuke is going to survive this. He has LONG passed the line that would allow him to redeem himself and is nothing more than a mass of hatred. Now I know Naruto wishes to save Sasuke, but I believe that, like Jiraiya felt about Oro, he will realize that the only way to truly save him is to put him to rest... permanently.
I feel that after their last encounter, kishi made it pretty clear that he left an opening for Sasuke's redemption by making it seem like its not impossible for Naruto to reach him... as insane as it might seem... Hell if you haven't noticed Sasuke is really bad at being a villian. Thus far, despite how hard he tries he has only managed to kill one person since turning evil and it was someone bad... All good and innocent characters have escaped with their lives. With such a low kill count it makes it all the more easier for the world to forgive him

Not to mention we can take into account the Toriyama influence... and Toriyama allowed redeption for vegeta who likely killed millions before the start of the series... hell even during the series he killed numerous innocent poeple; he just never managed to kill any good guy with a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I don't get why people think since Hinata fake died - Kishi can't kill her off again? Maybe he will do it just to show you, no one is safe - HBO style.
Kinda of an unwritten rule of fake deaths.
The more you use a fake death the less effective REAL deaths have. Real death is most effective when the audience actually BELIEVES the death. Too many fake deaths make the audience skeptical of any deaths since they start expecting another fake out. This goes double for any character who has been subjected to a fake death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
QFT!!! Why are all Sakura fans in full denial mode? Kishimoto has made it completely obvious about how Sakura feels.
It mostly stems from fans wanting kishi to write a GOOD story. When it comes down to it, aruhina and SasuSaku are both terribly built.

With SasuSaku, we first take into account that Sakura's love for Sasuke has a weak foundation. I mean, what was it that she loved about him? She thought he was really cute and cool; that's mostly it. On his part, he never really returned her feelings. It has less in common with geniune and more like the kind of crush that teen girls have for celebrities ... And then we have all the BS that sasuke has pulled since he left... Aiding villains; Desire to destroy kohona; attempting to attack sakura TWICE (the second with a very clear kill intent)... He pulls this sh*t and we are expected to believe that she can STILL be in love with him... Naruto in comparison, has proven himself to be a MUCH better guy for her, thus making it all the more non-sensical that she would stick to sasuke... I can except her caring enough to want to see sasuke redeemed, but not being in love with him; espeically not when their are better guys for her.

With Naruhina, Hinata's love for Naruto makes sense and seems geniune enough. The problem however is Naruto. Naruto is not just oblivious to her feelings like so many other anime characters, he downright ignores her completely. They never seem to spend any time together; Hell the chunin exam i think is the ONLY time the two of them had an actual conversation. When Naruto fought Neji, he never realized that Hinata had fallen unconscious in the stands. Even when they were on the same team, they never took a moment to actually talk to eachother. The most serious offense is when Hinata sacrificed herself to confess her feelings to him and he never bothered to follow up on it.Its just so terrible.

Really, i think the only time i've seen worst pairing s was with Toriyama and DBZ

Naruto and Sakura are not perfect but they have better dynamic and chemistry going for them. NaruHina COULD have been good, but it would have required a lot more attention that kishi did not want to give it.

Quote:
yeah, I can see that too. It still would taste somehwat stale, it being Sasuske and all but it would go down much better than Sasuske and Sakura living happily ever after....
I can say i'd prefer a sauke redemption death over a redemption followed up by paring with Sakura. Honestly at this point I would rather see sakura together in some kind of crack pairing than with sasuke. Their relationship is just THAT terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Sasuke's walking all badass in the Rain , would have been epic if he met Itachi strolling past by.
I'd give Kishimoto a hundred times more credit for his work if it happened.
I have been wanting to see Itachi give Sasuke a nice bitch slap him
Old 2012-02-08, 19:41   Link #83
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I have been wanting to see Itachi give Sasuke a nice bitch slap him
Which brings up an interesting point. Is Sasuke's hatred stemming from the fact Itachi went through a living hell because of Konoha, the genocide of the Uchiha clan, Itachi dying, or some random excuse to be a not-so-good-villain? I still don't understand his motivation at all. Itachi sacrificed his whole life in Konoha to be a spy and to protect the village, Sasuke, and Naruto, I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty piss that Sasuke turned out the way he did after all he's done. If They ever encountered each other, which I'm pretty sure they will, what would their exchange be? I'm very curious. Obviously Itachi, whichever way you put it, is a catalyst in Sasuke's hatred towards Konoha, even though it wasn't intended to end up that way. Would Itachi actually try to talk Sasuke out of it? Obviously, in order for Sasuke to go down the path he's going down, he's gonna have to reject Itachi's notion of doing a heel face turn, but what reason does Sasuke have to continue going down the dark path when Itachi himself is there in front of him going "wth are you doing?"
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:19   Link #84
Casshern

Yeah, I'd love to see Itachi try to bitchslap Sasuke now.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:01   Link #85
Eumenthol

I think in the end Sasuke will end up dead. After all that happen I think its better if he die but die with honour. Naruto will eventually fight him and use love-no-jutsu to turn him to good-side as well Itachi lecture him a lil bit. Then he turn againts Tobi/Madara but kill by him. I think Sakura will see a deathflag as well as she tries to save Sasuke from Tobi/Madara. I the end Naruto will end all the fight save Sasuke from the dark-side (eventhough he will be dead), becoming the world savior, the 7th Hokage? and get Hinata . hohoho
Eumenthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:12   Link #86
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

There's no way Sasuke is going to die, and I'll tell you why. Sasuke is the driving force behind Naruto being bad-ass; the minute Sasu goes over to the light side (as opposed to the dark side, lol) the Naruto series is OVER and Kishi won't make any more MONIES.

It's all about the dollar bills, y'all. Just imagine it: Naru and Sasu fight, but they are evenly matched and no one wins. Sasu eventually goes off to make his own evil empire (mwahaha) while Naruto is Hokage--and he'll NEVER give up on Sasuke, NEVER, until the anime doesn't make any more money. Then either Sasu dies or is won over by love-no-jutsu. THE END!

*sobs*
Old 2012-02-08, 21:54   Link #87
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-*Snort* Oh, sorry I dozed off there around that whole "rousing speech" segment. What'd I miss? Oh its just the new generation eating the panels away with their filler "Naruto is my love/rival/buddy/etc". Cute. How about the last few pages? Oh look, its Sasuke. Eh, carry on to next week, not much of interest here.

-Honestly, the chapter was a bit of a bore but that's probably because the last 5 have been simply AMAZING. Oh well, can't blame Kishimoto for needing to slow something down. I suppose having already eaten the prime steaks and desert, we can always settle in for some salad. Its not anything spectacular but it will do for now.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:59   Link #88
HelpeRX

A friend told me Naruto and Sasuke have a better chance being that they got farther then anyone else they actually kissed LOL
HelpeRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 23:20   Link #89
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Ver 2 View Post
Which brings up an interesting point. Is Sasuke's hatred stemming from the fact Itachi went through a living hell because of Konoha, the genocide of the Uchiha clan, Itachi dying, or some random excuse to be a not-so-good-villain?
No. Sasuke's motivation for destroying the leaf is to honour Itachi's sacrifice, and also vengance for his clan. Has everyone forgotten that the leaf village ordered the death of his ENTIRE can? Itachi's was ordered to kill every Uchiha but couldn't bring himself to kill Sasuke because his love for Sasuke was greater than his love for the village. Sasuke seeks to avenge his brother and destroy the village that made him choose between his clan and his village. That tends to mess with someones head abit. And it also ties into Nagato's 'cycle of vengeance' problem and how Naruto must overcome the cycle. Which is what interests me atm is how he will deal with Tobi.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 00:27   Link #90
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
No. Sasuke's motivation for destroying the leaf is to honour Itachi's sacrifice, and also vengance for his clan. Has everyone forgotten that the leaf village ordered the death of his ENTIRE can? Itachi's was ordered to kill every Uchiha but couldn't bring himself to kill Sasuke because his love for Sasuke was greater than his love for the village. Sasuke seeks to avenge his brother and destroy the village that made him choose between his clan and his village. That tends to mess with someones head abit. And it also ties into Nagato's 'cycle of vengeance' problem and how Naruto must overcome the cycle. Which is what interests me atm is how he will deal with Tobi.
It doesn't make any real sense though. Sasuke is actually making Itachi's own sacrifice meaningless. Itachi wanted Konoha to survive, he wanted to avoid a massive war that would kill thousands, he wanted Sasuke to remain a part of konoha and he would have also would have liked his clan to survive, but he was sucked into a no-win situation. If he had sided with his clan, their was no guarantee that it or sasuke would survive and it would trigger a war that would kill thousands; he could end up with nothing. In the end, Itachi chose the only path that would guarantee atleast 3 of his four desires would remain; betray his clan and he could guarantee the survival of Kohona, Sasuke and avoid a war.

Itachi went through hell, and sasuke is effectively spitting in his face. He abandoned konoha, he is threatening to destroy it, and he is aiding Tobi in his war. If Itachi knew this was how it was all going to end, then he would have been better off just siding with his clan instead of konoha; atleast then he would not have to kill his own parents. Or maybe he could have just grabbed sasuke and just ran off and let the two fight it out themselves. Itachi's sacrifice was meant to try and make the best out of a terrible situation. He could not stop either side peacefully, so he chose to stop the side that would lead to the fewest casualties. Sasuke took that, and threw it out the window. Itachi went through hell; but thanks to sasuke, he now went through hell FOR NOTHING; Sasuke is taking away just about any comfort Itachi still had.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:27   Link #91
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Quote:
No. Sasuke's motivation for destroying the leaf is to honour Itachi's sacrifice, and also vengance for his clan.
Isn't to honor someone's wishes to make their wish happen? Itachi didn't wish for Konoha to be destroyed; he wanted the exact opposite. That's what I find annoying, Itachi sacrifice his clan so that Konoha will thrive and live in peace, and not torn by a possible civil war between the Uchiha clan and the rest of the village. After all that, Sasuke goes ahead and seeks to destroy the very village Itachi sacrificed his clan to protect. I think that's doing the exact opposite of honoring his sacrifice.

Quote:
Has everyone forgotten that the leaf village ordered the death of his ENTIRE can? Itachi's was ordered to kill every Uchiha but couldn't bring himself to kill Sasuke because his love for Sasuke was greater than his love for the village. Sasuke seeks to avenge his brother and destroy the village that made him choose between his clan and his village.
Yes, the leaf did order Itachi to wipe his clan out, to PREVENT a possible uprising and civil war that would probably take more lives. Even this part of the story was included in Tobi's version, regardless of the motivations behind the clans rebellion. Again, Itachi wanted to stop a civil war, to preserve the village, and Sasuke wants to destroy it. That's why I'm curious to what Itachi say to Sasuke and what Sasuke's response would be, seeing that Itachi's sacrifice is the whole catalyst to the whole thing.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:53   Link #92
Tachibana
タチバナ

The most interesting thing about this chapter was Hinata's comment, now we all know that NaruHina is definitely going to be true, i'm glad i proudly support this pairing.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:30   Link #93
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Ver 2 View Post
Isn't to honor someone's wishes to make their wish happen? Itachi didn't wish for Konoha to be destroyed; he wanted the exact opposite.
Yeah poor choice of words on my behalf. Sasukes logic is not operating out of living the life his 'loving' brother Itachi planned, but instead out of avenging those who made him lose his brother (and the rest of his family). If the Senju weren't so oppressive of the Uchiha then the Uchiha wouldn't have needed to revolt hence no genocide needed. I'm not tryna justify what either side, as I think the conflict is neither black or white but grey, and thats what Kishi has intended. This circle of blame and anger is what needs to be broken. Sasuke is the perfect product of the cycle, a true avenger. What Naruto needs to do is solve the problem of Sasuke and once that is over he can kill Kabuto as the final big bad of the series
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 02:52   Link #94
Janifuu
緩和

Not surprising to see NH prematurely celebrating, as it's happened before. People are forgetting that 1. Naruto still loves Sakura, and hasn't shown any hints that his feelings have changed, 2. Even after all this time, he's never seen Hinata in a romantic light and still hasn't bothered to address her confession, 3. The manga is approaching it's climax and NH still lacks major development (which at this stage of the story it seems even more unrealistic), and 4. Kishi is a troll and can leg sweep everyone at any time. He's done it numerous times before and he'll do it again.
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 04:07   Link #95
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

@ Janifuu: I like #4

Anyway, regarding Sasuke's motivation, it's not really whether he's logical or not for doing what he's doing, my point is I'm curious as to what he will say to Itachi, since there's no doubt they'll see each other eventually (maybe even as soon as the next major fight). I mean here's Itachi in the flesh (so to speak), and I'm sure he must be pretty annoyed, if not straight out pissed, that Sasuke is in a sense spitting on his grave after everything he's sacrificed. What is Sasuke gonna say about that? Having seen Itachi as a martyr, and for adoring his older brother since youth, with a long hiatus, then adoring him again for having to make the difficult choice, even then i still don't know if he'll say "psssh, everything you did was BS, and you're dead" or "umm...my bad?"
Old 2012-02-09, 05:05   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

Legsweep is my expectation, if anything.
Old 2012-02-09, 06:09   Link #97
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Tobi isn't from the future. He is a Futurist. He "thinks" he has everything figured out and is going to create a new future because the world needs to be saved. By his own hands. That is why he said all pasts and other futures will be irrelevant because of this war. If the Eye of the Moon Plan is to be believed, than in his mind, everyone living under a genjutsu controlled by him is better than a cycle of war and suffering.

Of course he didn't plan on Naruto being Jesus with the 12 Apostles about to show up. In fact it is pretty clear now from reading it again that Tobi was sensing Naruto's Will of Fire/Buddha Powers/Love/Determination/Talk No Justu. As he said, he is not sweating from his strength. What scares him is the power Naruto has over people. Including creepy stalker girls that want to hold his hand.
Does anyone really think of Hinata as a creepy stalker?

I've always seen her as a shy girl with a crush who simply admires Naruto from a distance.

It's not like she's peeping on him while he's taking his close off or following him home or anything weird like that.

I think Hinata would be better for Naruto than Sakura.

Sakura is very selfish and she has disrespected and manipulated Naruto.

She's coming around to acknowledge his abilities but she's still in love with Sasuke and seems protective of Naruto like he's her little brother.

Hinata likes Naruto for who he really is. Everyone else sees this no talent idiot but she sees a brave young man with ambition and passion.

The only down side is that she's so damn shy it is hard to take her seriously, but she did break out of her shell a little when she fought Pain and confessed her love for Naruto.
Old 2012-02-09, 08:12   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It mostly stems from fans wanting kishi to write a GOOD story. When it comes down to it, aruhina and SasuSaku are both terribly built.

With SasuSaku, we first take into account that Sakura's love for Sasuke has a weak foundation. I mean, what was it that she loved about him? She thought he was really cute and cool; that's mostly it. On his part, he never really returned her feelings. It has less in common with geniune and more like the kind of crush that teen girls have for celebrities ... And then we have all the BS that sasuke has pulled since he left... Aiding villains; Desire to destroy kohona; attempting to attack sakura TWICE (the second with a very clear kill intent)... He pulls this sh*t and we are expected to believe that she can STILL be in love with him... Naruto in comparison, has proven himself to be a MUCH better guy for her, thus making it all the more non-sensical that she would stick to sasuke... I can except her caring enough to want to see sasuke redeemed, but not being in love with him; espeically not when their are better guys for her.

With Naruhina, Hinata's love for Naruto makes sense and seems geniune enough. The problem however is Naruto. Naruto is not just oblivious to her feelings like so many other anime characters, he downright ignores her completely. They never seem to spend any time together; Hell the chunin exam i think is the ONLY time the two of them had an actual conversation. When Naruto fought Neji, he never realized that Hinata had fallen unconscious in the stands. Even when they were on the same team, they never took a moment to actually talk to eachother. The most serious offense is when Hinata sacrificed herself to confess her feelings to him and he never bothered to follow up on it.Its just so terrible.

Really, i think the only time i've seen worst pairing s was with Toriyama and DBZ

Naruto and Sakura are not perfect but they have better dynamic and chemistry going for them. NaruHina COULD have been good, but it would have required a lot more attention that kishi did not want to give it.
Everyone knows Kishi can't write a love story worth a damn. Every canon pairing in the series thus far are pre-established, or established behind the scenes like Kurenai. The only thing close to being a love story is between Naruto and Sasuke, which is unintentional on the authors part, but it's just down right yaoi material the way Naruto obsesses over Sasuke, and Sasuke being Tsundere about it.

Doesn't really matter why Sakura fell in love with Sasuke in the first place, she's still in love with him that's a given fact, no point in trying to discredit it. You can QQ about it all day everyday and it still won't change. Naruto came to accept it why can't the crazy fans?

As for Hinata, sure its seemingly cold of Naruto to not say anything right away from the initial confession but other than too much was going on and moving too fast, Kishi just sucks at this type of story telling. At least he's shown Naruto to start acknowledging her recently.

From the looks of it, Kishimoto is trying to cram subtle developments in the last stretch of the manga, which again is bad story telling in terms of relationship development, but there's nothing we can do about it, but to just accept it. Or cry about it online and run full on denial mode.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 08:34   Link #99
HasuMasu
*Artist

I second all the stalker-Hinata setiments, creepy girls...ftw?
Old 2012-02-09, 08:58   Link #100
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Does anyone really think of Hinata as a creepy stalker?
-Well, she certainly has all the tools in order to become an effective one. Her ability to completely disappear from someone's radar and follow them, plus the Byakugan and bam, instant stalker potential.

Quote:
I've always seen her as a shy girl with a crush who simply admires Naruto from a distance.
-And considering the last time she tried to close that distance, she got a spike through the chest. That yielded nothing and now she wants to do the same again. I guess she doesn't like her head firmly attached to her neck.

Quote:
It's not like she's peeping on him while he's taking his clothes off or following him home or anything weird like that.
-That we know of. For all we know, in the dead of night, she's using Byakugan on him from a nearby roof. And since we never saw her activities during idle times, we can assume just about anything.

Quote:
I think Hinata would be better for Naruto than Sakura.
-And I think Karui and Karin are a much better fit for him as opposed to Hinata, but its not going to happen is it?

Quote:
Sakura is very selfish and she has disrespected and manipulated Naruto.
-Yeah, in Part 1 she was a bratty Lady-punch-lots. But I guess people love to ignore her character development (even though there ARE still instances where you want her to turn some common sense on).

Quote:
She's coming around to acknowledge his abilities but she's still in love with Sasuke and seems protective of Naruto like he's her little brother.
-Meh, I can agree with this.

Quote:
Hinata likes Naruto for who he really is. Everyone else sees this no talent idiot but she sees a brave young man with ambition and passion.
-Uuuuh yeah, this is still Part 1. Part 2 has basically delegated Hinata's unique "Sees the soul inside" shtick to the entirety of the shinobi world as of late. Trust me, by the end of this, even NotReallyMadara will be singing "Naru-bai-yah" with him.

Quote:
The only down side is that she's so damn shy it is hard to take her seriously, but she did break out of her shell a little when she fought Pain and confessed her love for Naruto.
-And then got promptly ignored once Kurama came out to play, returning her to said shell and back to square 1.

Tags
naruto, weekly spoiler discussion