AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-22, 11:10   Link #61
max201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
In terms of hardware, they are still amateurs. Look how full of defects their hardware is. They have even been sued for purposely selling faulty hardware, to make more sales. And no matter what you believe, the PS2 is a crap console in terms of design. It's not even more powerful than the Dreamcast. It survived because of hype and its successful PSOne console.

While Nintendo has been making great hardware since the Super NES. Sure, the Nintendo 64 was a big mistake, choosing cartridge instead of CD, but the hardware itself was rock solid.

That's not true.
At the beginning, Sony didn't have its own game development groups, but it does now. Ape Escape, for example, was a title they made.
Sega and Microsoft also make titles of their own.
Though Sega doesn't make consoles anymore, and M$ just buys existing groups to claim it their own.
the PS2 i much more powerfull than the dreamcast , there is nothing wrong the PS2 console , the problem is the amount of crap games. But there are eniught good games to keep me happy

And what i meant by sony dont make there own games , yes im sure they had a games branch or somit , but thay are not a games company.

And as for saga the games they produce now are pathatic , they used to make some decent games, sonic , but sonic 3d is pathatic

ans as for microsft , there games are laughable , it tipical of them too poor loads of money into a console with draw ing idiots who this graphics are everything. They also have to most overatted game ever made "halo"
max201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 15:16   Link #62
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
the PS2 i much more powerfull than the dreamcast , there is nothing wrong the PS2 console , the problem is the amount of crap games.
Dreamcast has 16 MB RAM, of which 8 MB is video RAM.
PS2 has only 4 MB video RAM.
That, and the PS2 has a bad bus system.

Remember when the PS2 came out? The launch games were crap in terms of graphics compared to the Dreamcast's launch titles. Ports of games were grainy on the PS2, thanks to no anti-aliasing, which every other console since the Nintendo 64 had. It was very difficult to program as well, and developers complained that Sony wouldn't offer any solution. Meanwhile, the Dreamcast was very easy to program for.

Why do you think Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia never came out for the PS2?

Sure, the PS2's games have better graphics now (though the PS2 becomes very hot now, because it demands all the capabilities), but the Dreamcast was never able to show its full potential, due to its early (official) demise.
Quote:
And as for saga the games they produce now are pathatic , they used to make some decent games, sonic , but sonic 3d is pathatic
Sonic 3D was released in 1996. Are you that far behind? They released plenty of excellent games since then, and they still do. Like Sonic Heroes. But that game is terribly underrated because of kids whining "it's not like the originals!", just like they do with every Sonic game now.
Quote:
ans as for microsft , there games are laughable , it tipical of them too poor loads of money into a console with draw ing idiots who this graphics are everything. They also have to most overatted game ever made "halo"
Whether you like M$ or not, they have good games. I like Age of Empires, and Halo (especially Halo 2) is a good game.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 17:52   Link #63
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Err.. All this arguing -_-
I wish we were back in those days where hundreds of ppl line up in the arcades to fight each other if Street Fighter turbo 2. Thos were the golden days of gaming....
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 19:07   Link #64
Sides

Quote:
In terms of hardware, they are still amateurs. Look how full of defects their hardware is. They have even been sued for purposely selling faulty hardware, to make more sales. And no matter what you believe, the PS2 is a crap console in terms of design. It's not even more powerful than the Dreamcast. It survived because of hype and its successful PSOne console.
nah, they aren't amateurs.
before they launched the playstation, they already had experiences
with the HitBit console/computer (similar to the popular C64)
Now people who are angry about Sony's products is because,
since the late 90's Sony doesn't seems to pay attention to there
quality anymore.
Everything from their first batch seems to break MD players, DVD Players a.s.o.
Even they don't use their slogen "It's a Sony" anymore.
Sony knows that they can sell pretty much with their name one it,
even if they make a pen with a digital display for time/date people will buy it,
because it is a sony !
people even wear shirts with the sony logo on it to act trendy (<- weird !)
see sony doesn't need to make a good product, they just need to say "It is the best",
and people (including me) will buy it, even if its not true

so in the end, who cares get both (NDS & PSP) and the world seems much brighter
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 19:16   Link #65
DutchForce
Nederlander

I'd definitely go with a PSP. Choosing between PS2 graphics or Nintendo 64 graphics is pretty much a no-brainer. The PSP can also play mp3's and movies. The only downsides to the PSP are that there are no Mario games and the battery life kinda sucks.
DutchForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 20:01   Link #66
max201

Quote:
Dreamcast has 16 MB RAM, of which 8 MB is video RAM.
PS2 has only 4 MB video RAM.
That, and the PS2 has a bad bus system.

Remember when the PS2 came out? The launch games were crap in terms of graphics compared to the Dreamcast's launch titles. Ports of games were grainy on the PS2, thanks to no anti-aliasing, which every other console since the Nintendo 64 had. It was very difficult to program as well, and developers complained that Sony wouldn't offer any solution. Meanwhile, the Dreamcast was very easy to program for.

Why do you think Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia never came out for the PS2?

Sure, the PS2's games have better graphics now (though the PS2 becomes very hot now, because it demands all the capabilities), but the Dreamcast was never able to show its full potential, due to its early (official) demise.

Sonic 3D was released in 1996. Are you that far behind? They released plenty of excellent games since then, and they still do. Like Sonic Heroes. But that game is terribly underrated because of kids whining "it's not like the originals!", just like they do with every Sonic game now.

Whether you like M$ or not, they have good games. I like Age of Empires, and Halo (especially Halo 2) is a good game.

Ok you got me on the Dream Cast power that was a shot in the dark. but meh ..
i never said it was a bad console , iv completed Skys of Arcadia and PSOL
But the last decent game they made was probably Skys of Arcadia.

Even so , even the clasic SEGa gmaes were destoryed my the orignals marios and zelda , Nintendo beat them in 2d and 3d (Zelda and mario in 3d is accualy good)

And sonic 3d is pathatic (sonic heros is not a good game) early sonic was great side scrolling , simple but good. Kids whing "its not like the orignals " thats just crap its little kiddies who know noting about clasics who do like them.

Yes age of empires is a very good game , but "halo good " what crap . it a pile of overatted shit" and idotic little console shotter with a basic story and weapons. Can only be call an amazing FPS by thoose who know nothing about Half - life or CoD.
Old 2004-12-22, 20:31   Link #67
Mcdonalds

ages of empires is shag. Play a real RTS like Starcraft! As for Nintendo, i do like some of their games which i have found original, but all this remaking of previous franchises e.g. mario metroid must stop somewhere. Its like the argument of all these FF's, tomb raiders etc. As for handheld games, i'd probably get a PSP but since i don't like handheld machines anyway, won't be getting one. I do like that idea of a touch screen though for the DS, cool innovative idea.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 20:38   Link #68
max201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonalds
ages of empires is shag. Play a real RTS like Starcraft! As for Nintendo, i do like some of their games which i have found original, but all this remaking of previous franchises e.g. mario metroid must stop somewhere. Its like the argument of all these FF's, tomb raiders etc. As for handheld games, i'd probably get a PSP but since i don't like handheld machines anyway, won't be getting one. I do like that idea of a touch screen though for the DS, cool innovative idea.
Why stop Final Fantasy there all different
And as for mario etc.. meh . if its not broke dont fix it.

Starcraft is ok , but Warcraft is much better
Old 2004-12-22, 20:41   Link #69
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I'd definitely go with a PSP. Choosing between PS2 graphics or Nintendo 64 graphics is pretty much a no-brainer.
See, this is the problem with people these days.
Ever thought that a game is more than just graphics?! It's about the gameplay, and how fun it is! It doesn't matter how many colors the graphics have!
Quote:
The PSP can also play mp3's and movies.
The DS can do that too.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6115158.html
Quote:
Ok you got me on the Dream Cast power that was a shot in the dark. but meh ..
i never said it was a bad console , iv completed Skys of Arcadia and PSOL
But the last decent game they made was probably Skys of Arcadia.
I know you didn't mean that.
Quote:
Even so , even the clasic SEGa gmaes were destoryed my the orignals marios and zelda , Nintendo beat them in 2d and 3d (Zelda and mario in 3d is accualy good)
That's really a matter of opinion, really.
Personally I rather play Sonic than Mario anyday.
Apart from Sonic 3D, the Sonic Adventure games are well made, and they actually have a story.
As I said, Sonic Heroes is very underrated. I wonder who actually spent enough time with the game to appreciate it.
Quote:
Yes age of empires is a very good game , but "halo good " what crap . it a pile of overatted shit" and idotic little console shotter with a basic story and weapons. Can only be call an amazing FPS by thoose who know nothing about Half - life or CoD.
Whatever suits your boat, I guess. ^_^;
Old 2004-12-22, 20:51   Link #70
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonalds
As for Nintendo, i do like some of their games which i have found original, but all this remaking of previous franchises e.g. mario metroid must stop somewhere.
You talk as if Nintendo is the only company doing that...you don't actually think that all of the games for the psp are original do you

and as for...

Quote:
I'd definitely go with a PSP. Choosing between PS2 graphics or Nintendo 64 graphics is pretty much a no-brainer.
I've seen some screen shots of some of the games for the psp...and i still fail to see how it's ps2 graphics...it might just be me...but i believe the psp still has a far way to go to reach ps2 graphics...and Nintendo 64 graphics were very good...so i don't see how that can be a downfall
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 21:06   Link #71
Mcdonalds

Quote:
You talk as if Nintendo is the only company doing that...you don't actually think that all of the games for the psp are original do you
Erm, i did say that sony games have been rehashed and remade. To the person who spoke of the FFs, yea i retract that they are different games but with the FF title so people will buy it. What i meant was games which just remake itself using the same characters which we have already played and know the character of but just putting them into a different setting. I can't fathom why the games which are remade over and over again are fun (With exceptions to things like mario kart and mario party as they do differ slightly in tracks and ideas and stuff). But does killing bowser for the 50th billionth time seem that fun?!? I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't do it because they do make lots of money from it, its just my opinion that they're ruining the game (quite a bad explanation). Take MGS for example, they're all actually linked and all contain a storyline which is relevant to each other. What nintendo is doing with its mario adventure/luigi/zelda/metroid etc is basically what squaresoft is doing when it made FFX-2 and possibly what will happen with FF7 if they carry on making sequels/spin offs/more games from the beautiful original that was made.

Quote:
Starcraft is ok , but Warcraft is much better
I actually prefer Starcraft of War 3, just think its more skillful in general. and the units more varied.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 22:17   Link #72
Phantom Blade

good graffics doesnt mean good games...

i still think the best turn based RPG is Chrono Trigger back in SNES. I dont think FFX-2 is better.
I personally like Nippon Ichi games which are still in 2d.

It's nice to have good graffics, but from recent games it seems that the better the graffics the worse the game is. Nintendo has done a good job in handhelds, in fact it's the only reason why i like nintendo at all.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 22:30   Link #73
DutchForce
Nederlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
I've seen some screen shots of some of the games for the psp...and i still fail to see how it's ps2 graphics...it might just be me...but i believe the psp still has a far way to go to reach ps2 graphics...and Nintendo 64 graphics were very good...so i don't see how that can be a downfall
Well, its not quite exactly like the PS2 graphics, the resolution is a bit less. But its still better than the DS, so why not go for it? Graphics isn't everything, obviously. Some old-school games who were/are extremely fun to play require no good graphics at all. Being a hardcore 2D-fighting game fan/player, I totally understand this. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't keep up with the latest technology. I guess it's just a personal thing. I already have my eyes on a couple of games for the PSP too, including Bleach.
DutchForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 03:25   Link #74
Shadowlord
~DESU

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/6718217/

there, now the PSP has NO advantage over the DS in the field of functionality. Now the DS can play back mp3's and video's just like the PSP. Any thoughts on this? I for one am happpy as I wont need an MP3 player and DS, I can just buy the DS
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 05:09   Link #75
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

i envy those getting both the DS and PSP.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 08:07   Link #76
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
i envy those getting both the DS and PSP.
^^
well you don't need to get both at the same time
just get one first and buy/get the other one later,
ie for your bitrthday or for next christmas (that's what i am doing)

at the moment their aren't many games out on both handheld, so no pressure
don't think you can do anything wrong buying either one of those
except sony doesn't give their international warrenty on the psp,
maybe a reason not to get it at the moment
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 08:53   Link #77
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Nintendo DS, innovation at its best, Nintendo make the best quality games and plus most of the world's developers are on board, and more developers join the DS all the time
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 10:36   Link #78
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Nintendo DS, innovation at its best, Nintendo make the best quality games and plus most of the world's developers are on board, and more developers join the DS all the time

Even though I'm getting both the DS and PSP I really have to say that the DS is a huge turn off for me. I hate the kiddy games, and overall design of the DS (the two screens just blew it for me). On the other hand, I love how the PSP is coming out with awsome games like metal gear acid and GT4. Plus the overall feel of the PSP looks better. I'm sure most of you don't feel this way but, well..... I honestly don't give a damn what you feel
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 12:29   Link #79
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Even though I'm getting both the DS and PSP I really have to say that the DS is a huge turn off for me. I hate the kiddy games, and overall design of the DS (the two screens just blew it for me). On the other hand, I love how the PSP is coming out with awsome games like metal gear acid and GT4. Plus the overall feel of the PSP looks better. I'm sure most of you don't feel this way but, well..... I honestly don't give a damn what you feel
yes we all love to play a handheld game for just 3 hrs.
but we love it more when the disc flies out before 3 hrs is up.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 12:45   Link #80
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
But that doesn't mean I shouldn't keep up with the latest technology.
What kind of arguement is this? Keeping up with the latest technology?
Buy a PC today, and it's already old when you unpack it at home.
PS2 graphics are from 1999/2000, I don't think that's keeping up.
Besides, the technology isn't important. It's what you do with it.
Quote:
there, now the PSP has NO advantage over the DS in the field of functionality.
Yup, saw this two days ago at GameSpot. Here's the link:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6115158.html
Quote:
I really have to say that the DS is a huge turn off for me. I hate the kiddy games, and overall design of the DS (the two screens just blew it for me). On the other hand, I love how the PSP is coming out with awsome games like metal gear acid and GT4. Plus the overall feel of the PSP looks better.
You talk as if only Nintendo releases games on the DS. I have news for you. Other developers release games for it as well. Games that are NOT KIDDY.
WTF is wrong with kiddy? As long as it's fun...

Scared to be seen by your friends with a DS, eh? :P
The looks of the system aren't everything. Not when you're playing games on it. Or don't you look at the screen when playing games?