Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 19:58   Link #2341
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
The manga is so damm slow, it's a chapter a month right? So far there is only 5 chapters?
It runs in Newtype ACE magazine, which, yes, is a monthly release. One one hand, I hope it's a good, possibly long story that gives us more connections between series. On the other, I agree I want it all now and waiting for the whole story is going to be tortuuuure.
Old 2012-02-14, 21:24   Link #2342
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
It runs in Newtype ACE magazine, which, yes, is a monthly release. One one hand, I hope it's a good, possibly long story that gives us more connections between series. On the other, I agree I want it all now and waiting for the whole story is going to be tortuuuure.
Seriously, who knows how many YEARS it'll be before everything connects back to Fam since not only are the chapters only coming out once a month but they're short chapters and they move a bit slowly, just like the beginning of the original LE. Makes me wish they had started the story years earlier and only produced Fam once it was done, or at least started the manga back when they announced Fam last spring to have a little more headway. >.<
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:45   Link #2343
leokiko

Claus and Lavie appeared...but FOR WHAT? Seriously, for what purpose are they going to get included in the story? Are them directly going back into the story to fight against Ades? Is Fam going to meet them somewhat for whatever reason? Their appearence could mean that there's an possibility for another sequel to be created. Since they are now focused in Ades, the Guild may be the central villain for this sequel....?

I may as well be randomly speculating here but I can't hold my inner fanboy x.x.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:25   Link #2344
Jokun

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Claus and Lavie appeared...but FOR WHAT? Seriously, for what purpose are they going to get included in the story? Are them directly going back into the story to fight against Ades? Is Fam going to meet them somewhat for whatever reason? Their appearence could mean that there's an possibility for another sequel to be created. Since they are now focused in Ades, the Guild may be the central villain for this sequel....?

I may as well be randomly speculating here but I can't hold my inner fanboy x.x.
Nah, their appearance was probably for nostalgic purposes especially for the fans who followed season 1. Seeing those two in that scene made me sad than expectant of them of having an actual role in the Fam series.
Jokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 00:22   Link #2345
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokun View Post
Nah, their appearance was probably for nostalgic purposes especially for the fans who followed season 1. Seeing those two in that scene made me sad than expectant of them of having an actual role in the Fam series.
That would be a cheap shot by Gonzo.
Old 2012-02-15, 01:55   Link #2346
Dernhelm
High on Jin

^ i agree. it would be annoying with the old fans (probably those who dropped this series, got tired of Fam) coming back expecting for more only to be left with nothing just for Gonzo to get more viewership/up its ratings.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:15   Link #2347
hai_san

Finally watch the 15.5 ep sub, so nostalgic we get the "perfect happy end" of s1 but then the circle continues...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:38   Link #2348
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
^ i agree. it would be annoying with the old fans (probably those who dropped this series, got tired of Fam) coming back expecting for more only to be left with nothing just for Gonzo to get more viewership/up its ratings.
Gonzo is a company, and like every other company, they have to pay their employees, pay rent and taxes, and eventually make profit to stay in business and expand. If their marketing research says getting more viewership and higher ratings will accomplish this, more power to them. It seems to be working. According to an article on ANN, Gonzo actually posted a small profit in the new fiscal year instead of the losses they've had for the past few years. It sucks that they alienated some fans to reach out to a broader audience, but it is completely understandable. Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelete.

For those that dropped the series because of Fam or whatever reason...it's their loss. If I had listened to the many detractors of the series and had not bothered to continue watching, it would have been my loss.

Expecting for more, or expecting the same? Some friends and I marathoned S1 last weekend, and I can say we like Fam as much as S1. The main point that was brought up was that Fam (though there are many parallels) is not just a prettier re-hash of the same story. We thought it may been more descriptive if the title of the show was "Last Exile: Fam, Millia's Silver Wing" or "Last Exile: Grand Theft Airship", but it didn't sound as cool.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:54   Link #2349
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Grand Theft Skyfish sounds a LOT more awesome than you'd believe.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:54   Link #2350
stormwaltzing
Little Master

They might not take an extremely active role in the series, but I really don't think this is all we're going to see of them.
Old 2012-02-15, 14:07   Link #2351
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
If a Last Exile game was made, I wonder what type of game would it be? RPG? Action? Visual Noval Style?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 14:23   Link #2352
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Examining the two LE storylines:

The protagonist comes from a relatively small community. He is a vanship pilot without an important position. As he carries out his daily routine, he stumbles upon a strange event that relates to the mystery of the setting and thus sets out on his adventure into the wide world. His primary method of affecting the world is piloting a vanship.

To me, this sounds best suited for an action sandbox game with story and non-story missions. It's not suited for a RPG, because you'll miss the important vanship piloting section. It's not suited for an on-rail or semi-on-rail progression, because you'll miss the massive world building.
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 14:29   Link #2353
Joachim1167

I'd like to see a hybrid RPG/tabletop miniatures game like Battletech/Mechwarrior or Space 1889 (both of which I played extensively in college).
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 15:40   Link #2354
Zenxifear
Inactive Member

In Last Exile last ep at 15:21 I think that is Dio's voice inside Salvana after he fell from his vanship.
Zenxifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 17:25   Link #2355
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Claus is in a wheelchair now? So Dio is protecting Al because he promised Claus. Such nostalgia watching that.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:07   Link #2356
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

How to make 26eps series fit into 1ep such a waste of an episode
Old 2012-02-16, 00:32   Link #2357
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
How to make 26eps series fit into 1ep such a waste of an episode
NOT a waste
Old 2012-02-16, 00:53   Link #2358
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Hey guys, if anyone was interested or if anyone who speaks moon want to see if there's anything interesting here, I scanned in a large image of the map. Sorry if some of the Greeklish is still unreadable, I think it was a scan thing. BUT if anyone wants me to check anything specific, just point it out and I should be able to eyeball what it says.

http://yzak.nu/misc/map.jpg
Old 2012-02-16, 01:17   Link #2359
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
Hey guys, if anyone was interested or if anyone who speaks moon want to see if there's anything interesting here, I scanned in a large image of the map. Sorry if some of the Greeklish is still unreadable, I think it was a scan thing. BUT if anyone wants me to check anything specific, just point it out and I should be able to eyeball what it says.

http://yzak.nu/misc/map.jpg
Thanks, that's a great full map What did that come from? It also looks like it lists where each ep so far has taken place too in addition to the locations of each of the nations.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-16 at 01:30.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:25   Link #2360
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So Claus is in a wheelchair now?
I don't remember Claus was crippled at the end of LE
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction