Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 13:05   Link #601
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Btw, as an afterthought it just ocurred to me..... that maybe the reason why Kanna walks around the house naked is, because she is getting ready for bed?
She must sleep about 14 hours a day...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:41   Link #602
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
finally caught up to the latest ep, i know this sounds strange, i think i fell in love with Rinon, yes our mascot of this series, i know she's just an A.I., but there's something cute about her voice
Speaking of Rinnon, why didn't anyone react to him/her(?) like, WTF IS THIS CREATURE? *hears Remon's laughter*
Old 2012-02-15, 13:56   Link #603
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Btw, as an afterthought it just ocurred to me..... that maybe the reason why Kanna walks around the house naked is, because she is getting ready for bed?
I think she's just generally more comfortable naked. She obviously has common sense and can't get away with it in public, but when under the covers or in the privacy of her own room, it doesn't matter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 16:01   Link #604
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onibur View Post
Speaking of Rinnon, why didn't anyone react to him/her(?) like, WTF IS THIS CREATURE? *hears Remon's laughter*
Because they're all idiot teenagers.
But honestly, just chalk that up to suspension of disbelief, because there is no way someone can look at Rinnon and think, "Oh, that's just a rare type of cat/bunny/whatever. Nothing unusual about it."
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 16:12   Link #605
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
But honestly, just chalk that up to suspension of disbelief, because there is no way someone can look at Rinnon and think, "Oh, that's just a rare type of cat/bunny/whatever. Nothing unusual about it."
I go -_- everytime I see some spacelike creature in anime, its anime with people having eyes from forehead to their chins, its obvious there will be animals that look like God knows what, most of the time they will call it cat or something.

Seriously in almost every rom-com there is some alien creature and people are like "kawaiiiiiiiii" where I would be like "gun to the head, die you alien creature".
Old 2012-02-15, 16:44   Link #606
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I wonder if Ichika isnt subjecting them to some mild type of mind manipulation.

I mean, the way Kaitos sister readily agreed to her staying with her little brother after she saw Ichika giving him mouth to mouth first aid.... ehm, ok

Then like you said nobody questions Rinon..... and also the fact Ichika comes from abroad and has european looks, but strangely she has a japanese name?

Aha....
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:45   Link #607
Texas84
よろしく

I've decided Remon is an evil alien from a rival planet. Hu-hu-hu-hu!

I like the new girls, but then I always attracted the psychos.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:49   Link #608
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

When I first saw Rinnon it reminded me of a matryoshka doll (with a leaf antenna) . Now add the origin of these dolls (Russia) and that Ichika said she comes from the north, Russia being just to the north of Japan, and BOOM you have the connection. I've got it all figured out !!
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 22:34   Link #609
Cyz
"Show it to me"

That's one heck of an episode. Some things to point out...

- Kaito reunites with his childhood friend who declared that she still has feelings for him. She's a little clingy but not as much as her other friend.
- Remon's ninja sneaking skills is impressive as always.
- Mio "saving" Tetsurou from "danger" and showing her butt in the process. How did she lost her underwear anyway?
- Speaking of "danger," Chiharu is one heck of a selfish girl. I mean, she was stronger than Tetsurou and she almost "devoured" him. That's kinda scary.
- Rinon's side appearances are funny as always
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 22:58   Link #610
djmaca
My Girl ↓

- Mio "saving" Tetsurou from "danger" and showing her butt in the process. How did she lost her underwear anyway?

She doesn't wear one. Her skin is "sensitive"....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 23:59   Link #611
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Regarding "Onegai Senpai", I almost always feel conflicted after seeing an episode. On one hand, I always find myself baffled as to the praise of it being the best or one of the best series of the summer. I also keep waiting for Kaito to "man up" but I suppose this turn of events will at least lead to Kanna not being strung along anymore. However, on the other hand, I love the supporting cast of this show and I do enjoy the ample fanservice that this show provides. Remon Yamano is simply one of my favorite characters of this season(Chiaki and Jenny from BSP, Ririchiyo from InuBoku and Mei from Another are my other favs), and I enjoy how she subtly influences the plot and how she is the one who is really getting the movie done(I hope Kaito comes to appreciate Remon for doing all the hard work for him). I also feel for Kanna, Tetsurou and Mio as they feel like real teenagers and I hope for the best for them. They are basically carrying the series for me, and why I haven't dropped the show like a stone.

As far as this episode goes, this is the best episode yet. Perhaps since it is a beach episode, I can dig the level of fanservice that we have. Kanna and Ichika in very nice swimsuits and Ichika certainly gave us some nice bounces and she certainly is quite easy on the eyes. Remon is of course a DFC and is wearing a school swimsuit. Then again, Remon trolling is fanservice that I cannot get enough of(and return of Dynamite Drink for episode 7. Winning!) I did feel like the two new girls that got introduced were basically there for cheap drama since nobody can apparently tell their real feelings and I didn't feel any sympathy for either of them. I liked seeing the little details of the episode though. Tetsurou likes model building and Kanna's house has a rotary phone(I saw it before, but I wasn't sure if that was Kanna's). Looks like Kanna is probably going to stumble on Ichika, Kaori and Kaito as it will probably get revealed that Kaito likes Ichika(Of course, Ichika already knows and Kaito doesn't know that she feels the same way). I just hope that Kanna doesn't compound the fallout by walking in on Mio and Tetsurou.

I rate this episode as a 8/10. I like how the series is improving as it goes along, and I hope for a great second half and I hope that Kaito changes a lot before the end of episode 12. I just can't feel something for a guy who strings someone along when he knows that he likes someone else and he knows that another girl likes him. I also hope that he starts to show some self-motivation because right now, he's just floating through life and he can't keep on getting 67s on tests without some sort of plan to deal with life after high school.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 00:01   Link #612
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post

She doesn't wear one. Her skin is "sensitive"....
Hey now...I am all for Mio going commando. Maybe she doesnt like underwear period. Psh who does? Underwear and it's constricting institutional habits. Bah.

I sleep naked. I, on special days, dont like wearing underwear.

I support Mio's nudity!

But, 'sensitive' skin? I dont buy it- I honestly believe she is in the schemes of seducing Tetsurou. Or Mio is one goddamn tease.

(This was back in 2007 I guess? Whoa. Maybe 2005...IDK)Currently Watching:
Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Spychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:08   Link #613
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Talking about periods... my question is does she indulge in her habit during those days too
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:13   Link #614
djmaca
My Girl ↓

^ I dunno. She could just wear napkin + patsu and the rest naked.

@Spy

She said her skin's sensitive during the episode. That was why she was wearing a sweater(or is tit a jersey?).
Old 2012-02-16, 01:15   Link #615
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:

@Spy

She said her skin's sensitive during the episode. That was why she was wearing a sweater(or is tit a jersey?).
napkin, eh?

oh! and the jersey, was definitely to cover the absence of her top
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:21   Link #616
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

Quote:

@Spy

Psh, for goodnes sake. Mio may have HORRIBLE sunburn if she is caught under the sun then. Still think she is up to something (I am hoping).

But anyway....

Spoiler for Spoiler about Mio's relationship:

Worst picture ever but it's the concept you take from it! Kanna is totally going to be so heartbroken she has NO CHOICE but to go for Mio. Hahaha oh, JC staff, ALLOW IT!

Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Old 2012-02-16, 01:29   Link #617
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Put the goggles down slowly...
Old 2012-02-16, 01:31   Link #618
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Put the goggles down slowly...
*Forces GE to wear goggles....*
Old 2012-02-16, 01:34   Link #619
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

^Agrees with silent action.

Old 2012-02-16, 01:35   Link #620
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sorry, not this time. This is the best boy-girl romance series in ages and I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen