Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-25, 00:44   Link #41
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
I get the worse member award hands down. Just read my sig and you will know why.
Actually, HopelessLover is going for the most banned surviving member of 2004 award. It is hard to tell whether he or Shay has been banned more times, but I'm pretty sure that they're both near the breaking point.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-25, 00:57   Link #42
OverHeat

Best (and most helpful) member of the year _Sin_!!
Old 2004-12-25, 08:39   Link #43
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
You? Best member of 2004? I don't think so.

Who pissed off the most signature makers here? ME
Who probably tops everyone "I want him Banned" lists in these forums? ME
Who caused more havoc then ff7799,Sid_Burn, and Luffy combined? ME
Who indirectly somehow created the Naruto forumer's club ASS? ME
Who voted for George W. Bush? ME
Who never helped anyone here in these forums for the past year? ME
Who has the one screenname that nobody can spell correctly? ME

As far as I'm concerned you make me ashamed to share the same name as you.
It seems that the number of negative factors you display reflects on your chances of becoming the best member of 04', in that case I vote aahhsing!

In the tradition of making up irrelavent titles and honours, as seen from this thread, the most eerie avatar of 04' goes to xris
Old 2004-12-25, 08:58   Link #44
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, HopelessLover is going for the most banned surviving member of 2004 award. It is hard to tell whether he or Shay has been banned more times, but I'm pretty sure that they're both near the breaking point.
Yeah but mark my words, I will be the most improved member of 05.

Where as HopelessLover will always be a lost cause.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-12-25, 09:30   Link #45
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
In the tradition of making up irrelavent titles and honours, as seen from this thread, the most eerie avatar of 04' goes to xris
OK, OK, I'll change it then!!!!

Reverted to my backup seasonal avatar.

Hmmmm, best things of 2004, hmmmm
Don't know what these are called (apart from chocolate mushrooms and fir cones) by Meiji but I did like the Green Tea (mushrooms) and Tiramisu (fir cones) flavoured versions
Old 2004-12-25, 09:36   Link #46
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
OK, OK, I'll change it then!!!!
xris just lost it, tis' history in the making

Most enjoyable movie of the year would be Kung Fu Hustle, just to stay on-topic.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-12-26 at 08:02.
Old 2004-12-28, 10:29   Link #47
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Hrmm... my thoughts exactly. Only one thing other than that laughing ojisan freaks me out more... that laughing ojisan wearing a santa hat!

As for most agressive member... i believe that Aahhsin gets that vote.

As for member that gets his name spelled wrong... i think most people do continue to spell Aahhsin's name wrong, but my name would probably be a close second!

Some people tend to think that there are 2 "u"s in my name, instead of 2 "i"s. Well, guess again. Check the "Rate that Signature" thread to see how many times my name has been mispelled. As for anyone who has a difficult name, either come up with a short form (ie., something like NSW) or just copy and paste from their post... it's beside everything that they write.
[/rant]

As for best movie, i would have to say that it would be Shaun of the Dead. Absolutely hillarious, and i actually don't find it that hard to understand (as _Sin_ pointed out). To be truthful, i thought that Shaun of the Dead was just a stupid Comedy Network (or something similar) spoof to Dawn of the Dead. When i actually saw it, i could tell that it was actually a much better movie than the aforementioned "Dawn".
Old 2004-12-28, 12:11   Link #48
7thMethuselah

Hmmm, though choices

Best mod of 2004 : ElvenPath : he needs to keep up with the Naruto forum, we shouldn't neglect him (NSW and Xris are close 2nd)

Most informative member of 2004 : easilly won by kj1980

Most annoying member : doesn't matter anymore he's been permbanned...

Best anime purchase in 2004 : Aoyama Motoko resin statue

Worst anime purchase in 2004 : Escaflowne manga (I should've known ...)

Best anime of 2004 : Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex

Best manga read in 2004 : Alice 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer_2mb
Who is the cool cat who gives everyone "F"'s in ratings?
asshin!
Yep.
Nope in fact I got a B for an avatar of mine ... and a warning from Xris asking me to remove it
Old 2004-12-28, 12:13   Link #49
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Some people tend to think that there are 2 "u"s in my name, instead of 2 "i"s. Well, guess again. Check the "Rate that Signature" thread to see how many times my name has been mispelled. As for anyone who has a difficult name, either come up with a short form (ie., something like NSW) or just copy and paste from their post... it's beside everything that they write.
[/rant]
Yup, it's annoying if people misspell one's nick. Fortunately, I don't have a hard-to-write username which is even more supportive of me being the Member of the Year 2004 because you don't want someone to receive the hobor whose name gets misspelled about 50% of the time (*cough* ahsinn *cough*)? Yuuichi, your name isn't hard to spell either, IMO. What are the people thinking? Geez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
As for best movie, i would have to say that it would be Shaun of the Dead. Absolutely hillarious, and i actually don't find it that hard to understand (as _Sin_ pointed out). To be truthful, i thought that Shaun of the Dead was just a stupid Comedy Network (or something similar) spoof to Dawn of the Dead. When i actually saw it, i could tell that it was actually a much better movie than the aforementioned "Dawn".
Well, yeah, it's hard to understand for me as I'm a not a native speaker (just look how I spelled "misspell" intuitively - although I should know better since a native speaker spelled it differently). I imagine that it's hard for other non-native speakers to understand the movie (the friends I showed it to will agree). I don't think that they are speaking "clean English" because I usually understand English movies alot better than this one (Vampire Hunter D, Final Destination and others come to mind).

PS: Only 3 more days until I'm officially the "Member of the Year 2004". *goes off to write his speech*
Old 2004-12-29, 01:29   Link #50
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Most informative member of 2004 : easilly won by kj1980
I personally thought that I was more annoying than "informative," but thanks anyway.
Old 2004-12-29, 01:47   Link #51
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'd think that you were equal parts annoying and informative which is actually amazingly informative, so thanks for your posts!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-29, 03:23   Link #52
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I personally thought that I was more annoying than "informative," but thanks anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
I'd think that you were equal parts annoying and informative which is actually amazingly informative, so thanks for your posts!

I would have to agree with NSW on the AMAZINGLY informative but I didn't find you annoying at all!

Most informative member = KJ1980

Best New Animes = Genshiken, Kannazuki No Miko, Mai Hime (Sorry guys this is just my opinion, as these are the shows that I really had to see!)

Best Mod = NosanninWa of course! but XRIS was a very close 2nd

Best New song = Manzo My pace - Daiou

Worst of the worst of 2004 - Bush's re-election

Oh and SIN as "Member of the Year 2004" that is just Somebody please Nominate the BoneyJellyfish person or how about a Mantidor?
Old 2004-12-29, 11:36   Link #53
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Oh and SIN as "Member of the Year 2004" that is just
That's pretty harsh, isn't it ?

Maybe you could elaborate on this so that I may improve and become "Member of the Year 2005" more easily. Being "Member of the Year" two years in a row is pretty impressive - even for me...
Old 2004-12-29, 12:09   Link #54
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I still liked this thread Imposter even if it did make everyone think twice about trusting peoples' pics.

Hottest member = Cammie
Questions not to ask in a forum = MidoriShinobi
I do have to say that Shay has been banned quite often so he gets my vote.

Events
:
Best: Me surviving a class making me only 2 qtrs away from graduation
Worst: the recent quake/tsunami thing and 2004 Presidential elections

Anime:
Corniest: Yukitate
Realistic: Genshiken
Old 2004-12-29, 13:55   Link #55
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
That's pretty harsh, isn't it ?

Maybe you could elaborate on this so that I may improve and become "Member of the Year 2005" more easily. Being "Member of the Year" two years in a row is pretty impressive - even for me...

That wasn't intended to be harsh! I am sorry if it came across that way! I meant it more as playfully wth? Like out of leftfield. Sorry Sorry...................Just forget I said anything, It was late and ..............there's no excuse for late night funny I know. Anyway sorry again and goodluck
Old 2004-12-29, 16:59   Link #56
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Hopelesslover was only banner 2 or 3 times, but Shay has been banned at least 4 times that I can remember. Shay is the most banned surviving member of 2004, but that doesn't mean he has the longest time banned on the forum in actual days....

Shay: At least 7.75 weeks. (at least 4 bans)
aahhsin: At least 1.5 weeks (banned at least 3 times)
K9Platnum685: At least 4 weeks (banned at least 2 times.)
Hopeleslover: Banned at least 3 times (time period of about 2.5 weeks)
Sid_Burn: 6+ months (banned at least once)

There's someone on the forum that I've seen banned about 5 times this year, but I can't recall his name.

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-12-29 at 19:02.
Old 2004-12-29, 17:40   Link #57
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Actually if you count every new ID that Sid_Burn has created he is definitely the most banned member ever. He's gotten over half a dozen different new IDs banned by xris. xris is a master of the game of "Spot the Sid_Burn." That game is a lot tougher than you'd think because Sid is on dial-up so his ip keeps changing.

Most banned IDs of 2004: Sid_Burn

Old 2004-12-29, 18:54   Link #58
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually if you count every new ID that Sid_Burn has created he is definitely the most banned member ever. He's gotten over half a dozen different new IDs banned by xris. xris is a master of the game of "Spot the Sid_Burn." That game is a lot tougher than you'd think because Sid is on dial-up so his ip keeps changing.

Most banned IDs of 2004: Sid_Burn
Damn you Sid_burn!

Oh by the way Razer one of my bans lasted a month.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-12-29, 19:43   Link #59
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

NSW is the only mod who is truly among the regular boarders.
Hence the best mod is NosanninWa. for his dedication and involvement to make a better forum.

Elvepath for his tiresome task of patrolling the evil naruto forum is appreciated too.
Old 2004-12-31, 16:59   Link #60
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Now that I officially won the titles of the Member of the Year 2004, I want to thank everyone that supported me. I wish for world peace and stuff...

*_Sin_ bows*

Yours truely,
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004
Closed Thread