Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

That is another possibility :-)
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 19:20   Link #1602
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
so i started reading this manga today, and finished all available 96 chapter aswell, but i must say : Them girlz are all so DAAAAAMN CUUUUTE
gosh soyogi-chan's just the most adorable, rinne-chan seems like a chibi soyogi too :moe_blob_puking_rainbows:
so which one was his first time, i didn't quite get whether or not it went "in" with soyogi-chwan
and too bad for keiko, she sure was awesome, she atleast deserved a one-time shag
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:52   Link #1603
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
so i started reading this manga today, and finished all available 96 chapter aswell, but i must say : Them girlz are all so DAAAAAMN CUUUUTE
gosh soyogi-chan's just the most adorable, rinne-chan seems like a chibi soyogi too :moe_blob_puking_rainbows:
so which one was his first time, i didn't quite get whether or not it went "in" with soyogi-chwan
and too bad for keiko, she sure was awesome, she atleast deserved a one-time shag
On Shizuku so gar. Soyogi was close but they never actually did the insertion.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:26   Link #1604
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^but she clearly said "i didn't think intercourse could be so great"
that's a rather confusing statement given the situation
Old 2012-03-12, 07:58   Link #1605
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^but she clearly said "i didn't think intercourse could be so great"
that's a rather confusing statement given the situation
Lost in translation, that monologue was Nagi's not Shizuku.

Shizuku only said I did it now we are one.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 09:15   Link #1606
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^i was talking about the time with soyogi :9
Old 2012-03-12, 11:23   Link #1607
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
pregnancy obviously lol
That's certainly what the elder wants for sure.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 12:44   Link #1608
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Has anyone noticed the hair on Nagi?
Is there a dragonball in his past life?
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:08   Link #1609
Beo
where's the snow?

ACK!! Just got done reading some depressing stuff, sort of a Japaneses historical/love story. A lords son goes to a shrine headed by a past friend to the father. He was sent there to keep him out of being killed by his brothers and so tries to keep his identity as the lords son a secret.

Villagers in the area are currently working on a levy to control flood waters that have in the past killed people of the village.

There is a young miko, shrine maiden, that works there; Most of the story is filled with nice days of them getting to know each and such. He falls in love with her and decides that he will talk to her about it.

Just before he talks to her, while walking about the levy construction, he notices that a shaft has been constructed there and asks about it - its for the "scapegoat". He figures that is the traditional thing that happens in construction is for there to be a sacrifice and goes on with the rest of the day.

---

OK - thats the back story and now come to that last chapter.

Spoiler for Why I brought this up in this thread:
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 08:29   Link #1610
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
ACK!! Just got done reading some depressing stuff, sort of a Japaneses historical/love story. A lords son goes to a shrine headed by a past friend to the father. He was sent there to keep him out of being killed by his brothers and so tries to keep his identity as the lords son a secret.

Villagers in the area are currently working on a levy to control flood waters that have in the past killed people of the village.

There is a young miko, shrine maiden, that works there; Most of the story is filled with nice days of them getting to know each and such. He falls in love with her and decides that he will talk to her about it.

Just before he talks to her, while walking about the levy construction, he notices that a shaft has been constructed there and asks about it - its for the "scapegoat". He figures that is the traditional thing that happens in construction is for there to be a sacrifice and goes on with the rest of the day.

---

OK - thats the back story and now come to that last chapter.

Spoiler for Why I brought this up in this thread:
not to sound mean or anything, but what's the relation of this story to umi no misaki?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:05   Link #1611
Beo
where's the snow?

The general feel of this series tends to be using themes from traditional / historical stories. If there comes a time when there will be a marriage ceremony, start looking for the pit.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:36   Link #1612
GreydonCreed

Where did you read such a charming cheerful story? You said it was historical, does that mean it really happened? Because if it did, once the lord found out about his son's (and the girl's) fate, the whole village would have been crucified, a not uncommon punishment in feudal Japan. Either that or everyone would have been buried alive in the dike after the son and the girl had been recovered.
GreydonCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:51   Link #1613
Beo
where's the snow?

Miko - fate - traditions and such

Spoiler for A bit off topic but relates to folk tales and such:
Old 2012-03-28, 21:29   Link #1614
Franckie

I cannot imagine this series getting darker than showcasing parental abuse/neglect, chiefly from Shizuka's mother. Needless drama needs to stay away because it wouldn't fit in with the story's light atmosphere.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 22:35   Link #1615
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

There are too many hints about "favor" and "sacrifice" for there not to be some dark undercurrent on that island. the drama comes from whether Nagi and the maidens will be able to overcome the danger or whether one of the four might be lost.
Old 2012-03-29, 18:25   Link #1616
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
The thing is, by compare to this other story of sacrificing to the Dragon God, in this case there is an ACTUAL PERSON as the DG. So I think such a thing probably won't happen at least for that reason.

However, that doesn't say what's to happen to those who don't gain his favor. We don't really know the details, nor what the whole tradition is, and they don't go into explaining how things were with the past DG and Cape Maidens. I'm sure if there is some account on it, we'd know if there is some sinister threads about that somewhere.

As far as we know, we only suspect there might be some dark thing about all this, but we only have a very small hunch in that it's gonna effect at least one of the main cast. But it also depends on how Nagi would address it if and when it's revealed what that dark side is.
Old 2012-03-29, 18:31   Link #1617
Franckie

We're 96 chapters into the series and there is no evidence of some elaborate ongoing conspiracy. The "dark side" you guys speak about is how the maidens feel strangled by their social standing. Them loosening up around Nagi is the dominant plotline of the story.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:35   Link #1618
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Oh There's something going on in the background. For me the arc beginning around CH50 has implied subtext, and cries out sumpin's goin' on. The whole story of the 3 maidens told in CH52 still gives me the heebee jeebees, especially when Rinne says" Niinii, might you also...."
I think the Author's previous tale shows that darkness is just a plot turn away, but I think You'll never see it comin'.
From my previous posts you can tell I never do.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:21   Link #1619
cyberdemon

any spoilers for the new chapter yet? It;s the 13th in japan now
Old 2012-04-19, 13:38   Link #1620
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Finally the raws are out. Rinne gets the cover page.

Without a translation it is a little difficult to understand what is happening.
Spoiler for 97:

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen