Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-01-03, 14:20   Link #21
festosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Why don't I trust him?
He's too clever.He's never suprised by anything(almost),always thinking about his next move.he has a strange smile when things go the way he wants.
He's suspicious.He's too manipulative.Perhaps he's not bad guy but isn't completely good.He's dangerous, look at his smile in ep10 when athrun talks,
Only time I have seen him suprised is when Chaos, Abyss and Gaia where stolen.
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 14:25   Link #22
Daigo

>>>>>>Then why didn't you stop watching it ?! Seed Destiny won't be very different from the story in Seed,so you shouldn't go on watching Destiny.

It was bad writing but it had the viewer wanting see what happend next. And didn't I already said I liked Destiny so far? It's protagonist isn't a whiny idiot, and the writing is more believable. I don't know where you get the idea that it's the same as Seed. That's just plain stupid.
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 15:12   Link #23
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

While I agree that the protagonist of Destiny isn't whiny, he sure is angsty.

Kira was barely whiny compared to the whining kings such as Amuro and Kamille...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:06   Link #24
kamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPZ
one because of the smile, and two because he sounds like char.

(I know its the same voice actor)
Wait... That's a wrong reason for you to hate Gilbert if it's just because of his voice. For your information, Athrun did the voice for Fisheye (a homosexual character) in Sailormoon. Do you suggest we should all turn against him?
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:33   Link #25
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiya
Wait... That's a wrong reason for you to hate Gilbert if it's just because of his voice. For your information, Athrun did the voice for Fisheye (a homosexual character) in Sailormoon. Do you suggest we should all turn against him?
I'm pretty sure that was a joke. But there's no connection between Athrun, and Fisheye, at all. But there is the fact that Athrun, is the closest thing in the Seedverse to Char. He even wears huge sunglasses. Add in the fact that, in a display of near-irony, Gilbert is the one to unmask Athrun, establishes a connection between the three characters.

Gilbert also seems to mean well, as did Char, but the latter did try to drop an asteroid on the Earth.

Since Fukuda is a great fan of Tomino, as shown by the influence of MSG, and Zeta, in Seed and Destiny, and by his own admission.

So basically Gundam fan Fukuda, and a bunch of half-connections (which probably mean nothing), have led many on this board to hastily generalize, label, and compare. I suppose that's just teh nature of message boards, one person says something, it's taken out of context, and suddenly everyone's convinced of something taht hasn't actually been proven.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:41   Link #26
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
Personally, he does sound very girly... and his awkward relationship with Athrun...

Obviously Gilbert is a good guy. Gilbert, Patrick Zala, Azreal, Gerbil, and Logos they're all good guys! It's Kira and his group who are the evil plotting bastards! Go Gilbert Go! Kill them all ^^ Die Pacifist Rebel!

i like ur style buddy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
http://www.geocities.jp/kenkoudaa

Go to the Flashアニメ page and click on ちょっと待って議長さん(SEED DESTINY) and see the true face of Gilbert.....

シャア
「名はその存在を示すものだ
ならばもし、それは偽りだとしたなら
それは、その存在そのものも偽りと言う事になるかな 」
why didn't they do that..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:43   Link #27
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
I'm pretty sure that was a joke. But there's no connection between Athrun, and Fisheye, at all. But there is the fact that Athrun, is the closest thing in the Seedverse to Char. He even wears huge sunglasses. Add in the fact that, in a display of near-irony, Gilbert is the one to unmask Athrun, establishes a connection between the three characters.

Gilbert also seems to mean well, as did Char, but the latter did try to drop an asteroid on the Earth.

Since Fukuda is a great fan of Tomino, as shown by the influence of MSG, and Zeta, in Seed and Destiny, and by his own admission.

So basically Gundam fan Fukuda, and a bunch of half-connections (which probably mean nothing), have led many on this board to hastily generalize, label, and compare. I suppose that's just teh nature of message boards, one person says something, it's taken out of context, and suddenly everyone's convinced of something taht hasn't actually been proven.
The char voice has nothing to do with it for me, it's the character of Gilbert. He just seems TOO NICE & PERFECT, he's got a plan it seems like for everything. It almost seems like he's trying to lead Athrun down a certain path and it may not be a a positive one.

I think he wants Athrun to get power and wants Athrun to then believe he's capable of making certain choices and lording over others with that power in order to corrupt him into what he wants Athrun to be.

Of course that's all hugely speculative He could just be the GSD version of Sigel Clyne
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 23:02   Link #28
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

One problem about Gilbert being the evil boss is... there are far too many random things that's out of his control... and evil bosses never let things go out of their control... at least until the hero shows up...

Let's see, assuming Gilbert is the evil boss, then things may under his control :
1) druggies stealing Gundams during Cagalli's visit
2) launch of Minerva
3) drop of Junius 7

but there are things definitely not under his control :
4) Athrun comes with Cagalli, and they get into a Zaku in the confusion, and then get into Minerva
5) Athrun's tactics saving Minerva at the last moment
6) Athrun volunteers to help the Junius 7 destruction work, and hears the terrorists' talks
7) Athrun returns to PLANT from Orb

Since Gilbert has clearly no control over 4) and 7), so it's simply impossible for him to plan ahead of giving Saviour to Athrun right from the start. And as he also has no control over 5), if he really did plan the stealing of the Gundams, that means he may well get himself blown into oblivion by his own plan. Now that'd surely suck for an evil boss to get killed by his own plan
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 23:51   Link #29
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
One problem about Gilbert being the evil boss is... there are far too many random things that's out of his control... and evil bosses never let things go out of their control... at least until the hero shows up...

Let's see, assuming Gilbert is the evil boss, then things may under his control :
1) druggies stealing Gundams during Cagalli's visit
2) launch of Minerva
3) drop of Junius 7

but there are things definitely not under his control :
4) Athrun comes with Cagalli, and they get into a Zaku in the confusion, and then get into Minerva
5) Athrun's tactics saving Minerva at the last moment
6) Athrun volunteers to help the Junius 7 destruction work, and hears the terrorists' talks
7) Athrun returns to PLANT from Orb

Since Gilbert has clearly no control over 4) and 7), so it's simply impossible for him to plan ahead of giving Saviour to Athrun right from the start. And as he also has no control over 5), if he really did plan the stealing of the Gundams, that means he may well get himself blown into oblivion by his own plan. Now that'd surely suck for an evil boss to get killed by his own plan
Maybe he failed evil planning at evil boss college?

Still I like the idea of him trying to corrupt Athrun...would be the only way to justify an Athrun-themed "Counterattack" movie.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 00:31   Link #30
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Maybe he failed evil planning at evil boss college?

Still I like the idea of him trying to corrupt Athrun...would be the only way to justify an Athrun-themed "Counterattack" movie.
Exactly. That's why I have created this whole crazy scenario to make it fit into turning Athrun into Char

LOL. I looked at that Gil/Athrun Flash convo. That was awesome. I just wish I knew what the though bubble Athrun has at the end says...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 01:02   Link #31
Daigo

>>>>>>But there is the fact that Athrun, is the closest thing in the Seedverse to Char. He even wears huge sunglasses.

Actually, the guy wearing the huge black mask is more similar to Char.... DUAH!!!!!!!!!
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 05:18   Link #32
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I don't think is the ultimate evil bad guy.But I don't trust him.He's a politician and clever one.
Old 2005-01-04, 06:08   Link #33
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiya
it was a joke man chill
JPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 06:40   Link #34
Evan
天使我爱你

Gilbert is a cunning and sly chairman for zaft...
Jibril is a gay and sissy chairman for blus cosmos...
Cagalli is a blur and dopey chairman for orb....

What can I say? Gilbert still looks like a baddy to me!! LOL
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 06:44   Link #35
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

erm i think it means he improvised? which also means he sort of had things in his control too

anyway yeah i agree he failed micromanagement in evil boss skool
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 07:37   Link #36
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
Quote:
I don't know where you get the idea that it's the same as Seed.
I said there is not that much difference
Quote:
That's just plain stupid.
When you say it,then it must be so
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:33   Link #37
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Gilbert is a politican, what more proof do you need?

I do wonder how many here thought that mr Zala would build a huge doomsday device in SEED? Yeah right...

And one final thing, Gilbert is a evil blues singing goldfish who is trying to take over the world in a story I wrote last summer.
I'm still waiting for Gilbert in destiny to sing some blues but when the times comes we will know for sure!
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:38   Link #38
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp
I do wonder how many here thought that mr Zala would build a huge doomsday device in SEED? Yeah right...
well, Patrick Zala looks the typical Gundam militant right from the start.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 13:28   Link #39
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
Durandal is strikes me as the "bad guy pretending to be a good guy while letting a few evil smirks slip behind the scenes" archtype. But at the same time, he's taking risks as far as giving Athrun Saviour Gundam on a silver platter and basically telling him to do whatever the Hell he wants with it.

Maybe it's a seducing-ace-pilot-to-the-Dark-Side type thing. Very interesting indeed ....

Quote:
Stop over analyzing his damn smirk. It means nothing.
It's more like you need to stop underanalyzing it. Animators don't throw in those sorts of things simply because they have a few cels left.
Abicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 14:32   Link #40
Board_of_Command
The Board

Gilbert definitely seems to be doing a lot of backstage work. His unnatural calm is way too suspicious to be overlooked.
Board_of_Command is offline   Reply With Quote