Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-20, 21:08   Link #21
Love Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremm
I'm curious to discover exactly HOW a fruit like that would operate...

... .... I can tell this is going to bother me all day... >.> ....
Think Smoker... except instead of pretty, white fumes, imagine several blood-soaked tubes of flesh forming out of his arm. Actually, that would be pretty badass.
Old 2004-12-20, 23:25   Link #22
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Cook
Think Smoker... except instead of pretty, white fumes, imagine several blood-soaked tubes of flesh forming out of his arm. Actually, that would be pretty badass.
The mental images being raised arn't pleasant. ^_^

But let me see if we're actually going somewhere with this. So we're saying that condoms back in the day used to be made out of animal intestines. So now Smoker (or any character) has eaten the... Saya Saya fruit, we'll call it, and now has the ability to form bloody tubes of flesh from his body... and can no longer be penetrated... hmmm... somebody should email Oda and give him this wonderful idea. I think we're on to something here!

Like, he could... well, I'm not sure what he could do with them besides poking someones eyes out or... uh... 'sexing' them to death (gotta keep this post PG-13)...

SO ANYWAY, back to Luffy being made of rubber...
Old 2004-12-21, 14:03   Link #23
Gmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
a condom fruit...
maybe it prevents any kind of penetrations? A side effect would be that person would never get kids.
Thats lame but funny.
Old 2005-01-02, 07:00   Link #24
thiby
Kaizoku Ou

mabye not exactly the same but there was Plasticman from the Fantastic 4, but his moves wernt as crazy as Luffy's.
Old 2005-01-02, 12:35   Link #25
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiby
mabye not exactly the same but there was Plasticman from the Fantastic 4, but his moves wernt as crazy as Luffy's.
Actually the Fantastic 4 had Mr.Fantastic whose moves were not up to Luffy's level of craziness while DC comics have the guy named Plasticman but his abilities in the use of plastic aren't exactly realistic of sorts, as in taking upon the shap of hot air balloon, a raft, etc.
Old 2005-01-02, 13:49   Link #26
HopelessLover

Ask your self why rubber? when your about to have sex. That's why luffy was made into a rubber man.
Old 2005-01-02, 15:05   Link #27
Yoska
フランキー

Oh, the old good Fantastic D. Four theory
Spoiler:

Last edited by Yoska; 2005-01-03 at 14:25.
Old 2005-01-03, 19:29   Link #28
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
Oh, the old good Fantastic D. Four theory
Spoiler:
Except Mister Fantastic is a complete square and is probably infinitely smarter than Luffy. I find Luffy to be a better more interesting person than Mr. Fantastic, which by the way is a crappy name for a super hero even if it's simply his real name. I can easily imagine Luffy pwning Mr.Fantastic when it comes to use elastic abilites.

And is the spoiler really necessary.
Old 2005-01-04, 12:48   Link #29
Yoska
フランキー

Spoiler tags won't hurt anybody.

Not my theory though, it's more or less something that had floated around since Jaya arc and Teach's power isn't even clear yet. But I wouldn't mind if it was a stone powered logia fruit, then he'd be quite like The Thing.
Old 2005-12-22, 00:34   Link #30
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Name another anime character who is made out of rubber and comes close to what Luffy does with his rubber ability.

Hmmm, Luffy being made out of goo. I would rather have Luffy be made out rubber. If Luffy being some type of goo man is really such a good idea why didn't Oda come up with and put into action such an idea.
I think there are a couple of characters that have stretching and rubber characteristics in the comic book world such as Mr. Fantastic. So I wouldn't really say luffy's abilitiy is original but the way he uses it is.
Old 2005-12-22, 01:02   Link #31
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I didn't know that Mr. Fantastic, Plasticman, and that other DC stretch guy, were all anime characters. Trust me Tommy, Mr. Fantastic was already brought up.

And your avatar is quite disturbing, especially whan that character is a guy. Makes me somewhat glad that I stick to the Yakitake Japan manga without watching the anime.
Old 2005-12-22, 01:10   Link #32
ColdFire

When Oda picked Luffy to be rubber, it was a brilliant move. I mean, rubber seems like it doesn't have too many possibilities, especialy compared to something like goo. Oda takes hold of this, and uses the rubber in a ton of different ways that go beyond our expectations.
Old 2005-12-22, 01:54   Link #33
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I didn't know that Mr. Fantastic, Plasticman, and that other DC stretch guy, were all anime characters. Trust me Tommy, Mr. Fantastic was already brought up.

And your avatar is quite disturbing, especially whan that character is a guy. Makes me somewhat glad that I stick to the Yakitake Japan manga without watching the anime.
Yeah I posted before I read the second page
Old 2005-12-22, 02:59   Link #34
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

No need for the smily raspberry. Your avatar does that and more.
Old 2006-02-07, 15:49   Link #35
MasterX

Is it me or am I going to have nightmares all week?

Anyways, the idea of a rubberman is kinda creative. It's also fun because it hasn't been beaten to death. Also, a condom fruit..? Ewwwwww... I suddenly feel all dirty inside ANd outside.
Old 2006-02-07, 19:04   Link #36
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
I personally think that rubber ability was chosen because of Luffy (main character) carefree personality. On the other hand if I list all the other devil’s fruits ability, I think I still would have chosen Luffy to have his rubber ability.

from, gogogoh
Old 2006-02-07, 21:37   Link #37
naruto123

I would like to be rubber that way
I wouldn't have to get up to get the remote. lol
Old 2006-02-13, 17:41   Link #38
Great Wyvern
Wyvern.. Dragon.. Thingy

Send a message via MSN to Great Wyvern
I've always thought that the producers were too lazy and just threw it into the show... Though, i dunno why i think that .... perhaps its the STUPID RUBBER POWER CRAP
Old 2006-02-13, 18:28   Link #39
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
ruber means elasticity which also gives Luffy the most important aspect a fighter should have. ENDURANCE!!!!! This is the key to all his battles his persitance and observation skills are key also. Luffy can adapt in any situation or climate, Endurance is the reason for all this. If a fighter can not take dammage or endure pain he is nothing. The rubber body for Luffy works pretty well.
Old 2006-02-13, 18:35   Link #40
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Uh, I think you are confusing endurance a bit with flexibility. Endurance is simply a matter of lasting out as long as possible while flexibility is a matter of being able to change to continue onwards. So really, the thing that makes Luffy's ability as interesting as it is would be that he's flexible and agile with great strength sandwiched in between. I definently find myself enjoying how he makes those movements of his in terms of truly knowing how to move his body in a fashion that is elegant yet simplicit in its action.

But really, Luffy's ability does go well with the personality that makes Luffy my fave character in One Piece.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-02-13 at 19:33.
Closed Thread