Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-06, 20:39   Link #21
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
You are comparing it to Higurashi on the basis of just one episode of School Days?
So what? The horror parts of Higurashi are usually at the end of the arcs too, Higurashi most of the time look like an innocent harem anime, the horror parts only crawl at the ending of the arcs, very similar to School Days:

Hint: The blood splatters aren't there for nothing.
Old 2012-05-06, 20:49   Link #22
Eragon
Still Alive

^ That last ep of SD was like that only because the rest of the show had created so much hatred that anything other than that would have made its fans rage like crazy. Especially the last murder - that was just stupid.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:23   Link #23
Lawfer

Yes the only reason I suggested School Days is because he mentioned liking Higurashi, otherwise I wouldn't have because like Higurashi School Days isn't strictctly horror. The difference is that Higurashi consist of several arcs bundled unto 2 seasons, so at the end of each arcs that's when the horror/gore jumps in, unlike in School Days who is a single story of 12 episodes.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:30   Link #24
fsior

Well been listening to this back and forth you guys have going, and I am interested in what its about. Very true, it wasn't just about the gore that I liked from Higurashi, it was the suspense, the progression of the story in each arc. Was slightly disappointed with Kai, even though it was good, imo it had alot less of the psychological suspense that the original had.
Old 2012-05-07, 00:40   Link #25
Eragon
Still Alive

Don't know if Lawfer likes it or not but SD certainly ticked me off. I won't stop you if you want to watch it. I guess we all have to burn our hands to learn
Old 2012-05-07, 07:17   Link #26
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Don't know if Lawfer likes it or not but SD certainly ticked me off. I won't stop you if you want to watch it. I guess we all have to burn our hands to learn
I wachted 11 and a half ep just to get to the one thing...

It's not even horror -.-

Just the ending of a lot of storyline piled up. Not even close to horror.

higurashi is not completely horror as well, but has the atmosphere build up to those moments you look for a lot faster. Which is what makes higurashi a viable option and SD not. It also has a lot more of it.
Closed Thread