Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 17:10   Link #4361
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
LOL! I know it shouldn't be St. Gabriel's Academy, but I believe that's what it saids on the upper right of the first page where Duo is introducing himself. They're at St. Gabriel, and Duo is a new student there, and the school suddenly decided to change their uniform.
Either it's a goof or Duo's just wearing casual attire.

On another note, I'm wondering if Sumisawa will have Duo best Heero in their fencing duel.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:48   Link #4362
Yesman
PMS Avenger

I wish Heero and Duo played Basketball instead.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:23   Link #4363
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Maybe that's why they changed the story? To make her less lame and more badass?
Let's hope that's where they're going with this. I don't really think so but let's hope.

Quote:
That's if Sumizawa has Relena realize that it was because of Heero's fault that her father is now with the deads...
'Party Night' shall reveal everything. Until then I can only cross my fingers and hope that... wait a second, since when is Sumizawa responsible for GoL? Is he really scripting that, too? I thought it was all done by Mr. your-name-escapes-me-right-now-illustrator dude.

Quote:
Wait a minute... Duo made it into St. Gabriel's, and the uniform is different! LOL!
*facepalm* You know, if I didn't know how it was in the anime I would've said it's probably their summer uniform. But this? First we get the Maguanacs being mad at Quatre for presumably heading off to fight alone although they were with him in the freaking battle and now we have Duo joining St. Gabriel in the other school's uniform. Seriously, stop it with the bloopers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morniel_Moonlit View Post
oops... knew I should have stayed quiet... I a, really bad with languages so reading that is pretty impossible for me. I simply can not read what it said.
Eh, no worries. It's not your fault the publisher is messing up right and left. Anyone remember the steel bar running through the lion's head? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
On another note, I'm wondering if Sumisawa will have Duo best Heero in their fencing duel.
For some reason I never pegged Duo as a fencer. While I don't doubt his abilities, it seems too classy a sport to me to suit him. Quatre and Heero definitely, you could chuck those two into any Zorro movie and watch them going but Duo? I dunno, it seems out of place somehow.

Regardless, I'm sure Heero will win. If anything, he's a masterful swordsman. Add to that his incredible strength and Duo's chances of winning fair and square are slim at best.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 23:17   Link #4364
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
L

*facepalm* You know, if I didn't know how it was in the anime I would've said it's probably their summer uniform. But this? First we get the Maguanacs being mad at Quatre for presumably heading off to fight alone although they were with him in the freaking battle and now we have Duo joining St. Gabriel in the other school's uniform. Seriously, stop it with the bloopers.

Eh... both Heero an Duo have the same uniform there, they retcon it as a whole to a less ugly( but no less ridiculous) one.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 00:27   Link #4365
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Is zechs alive and has he aged?
Old 2012-05-29, 00:45   Link #4366
FalsePrime

Alive, piloting Tallgeese Heaven.

Hasn't aged though for some reason.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 03:36   Link #4367
Eeni

Quote:
oops... knew I should have stayed quiet... I a, really bad with languages so reading that is pretty impossible for me. I simply can not read what it said.
Don't worry about it. Your right, in the anime they're both in a different school trying to figure out how best to attack that one base right off shore... Although I never knew they were in Singapore. You learn something new everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Either it's a goof or Duo's just wearing casual attire.
I vote goof! Especially if they are in fact at St. Gabriel. I suggest that Deacon take artistic liberty here and just rename the school something else when translating. That would save us all a good deal of grief.

Quote:
'Party Night' shall reveal everything. Until then I can only cross my fingers and hope that... wait a second, since when is Sumizawa responsible for GoL? Is he really scripting that, too? I thought it was all done by Mr. your-name-escapes-me-right-now-illustrator dude.
The wiki pages saids that the story and script are Sumizawa (we can blame all retcons and bloopers on him... he really should know the story better then the fans. And if he wants to change it, don't contradict YOURSELF!!!) and art direction is Tomofumi Ogasawara (he gets partial blamed simply because it's his job to make sure that stuff like this doesn't happen. Step it up Mr. Director!).

I kinnda want to swear that the manga itself is being illustrated by Sakura Asagi and a third party who is in charge of drawing the MSs... but I can't find this information anywhere... and am starting to think that I'm wrong on this...

Quote:
Eh, no worries. It's not your fault the publisher is messing up right and left. Anyone remember the steel bar running through the lion's head? xD
LOL! No silly! The bar isn't running through the lion's head at all! It's a visual cue that (for the most part) I've seen only happen in manga. You're supposed to assume that the bar goes all the way through and is there in front of the character (in this case, the lion). It 'disappears' like that simply because the character's expression/face is the main focus of the panel, and if you drew in the bar it would obscure said facial expression. I'm pretty sure that this has also appeared in Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin... I'd have to search for pages and panels later when I'm more awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Alive, piloting Tallgeese Heaven.

Hasn't aged though for some reason.
Can we just chuck all inconsistencies to magic?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-29 at 12:50.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 05:57   Link #4368
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Can we just chuck all inconsistencies to magic?
more like MST3K Mantra

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:39   Link #4369
Morniel_Moonlit

That's true if they say St. Gabriel there could be summer clothes, but the girl's also wore pants in the anime at that school, I aslo have yet to see the full chapter as well but I highly doubt St. Gabriel would allow girl's to wear long pants, even as a more casual uniform.

Also I was wrong, Sanrock blows itself up in Singapore when they go back to Space /swt
The map on About Gundam makes it looks like it would have to be in China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan, possibly Vietnam. but is tiny and I still can't read it /sob

As for Zechs being unaged, they kicked the term "New Type" out of Wing correct? I know at some point Zechs was listed as a New Type, as was WuFei. So that theory would be debunked I guess...
Or the ZERO System is like the miracle system and Zechs used it so much he can not age! If it can start from a cat, why not keep a pilot in his prime? XD
Morniel_Moonlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:55   Link #4370
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Glory is another short chapter so I should have that out relatively quickly. Frozen is about 4 pages longer so I guess I'll be posting chunks of it again. I'll start tomorrow.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:06   Link #4371
Mkam

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
glory is another short chapter so i should have that out relatively quickly. Frozen is about 4 pages longer so i guess i'll be posting chunks of it again. I'll start tomorrow.
thank you!!!:d
Mkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:37   Link #4372
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
For some reason I never pegged Duo as a fencer. While I don't doubt his abilities, it seems too classy a sport to me to suit him. Quatre and Heero definitely, you could chuck those two into any Zorro movie and watch them going but Duo? I dunno, it seems out of place somehow.

Regardless, I'm sure Heero will win. If anything, he's a masterful swordsman. Add to that his incredible strength and Duo's chances of winning fair and square are slim at best.
Agreed on fencing not suiting Duo. Maybe Professor G thought some fencing training would "refine" him a little.

True. Though, it would be nice to see Duo best Heero in a fair fight...

Thanks Deacon!
Old 2012-05-30, 16:24   Link #4373
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Glory is another short chapter so I should have that out relatively quickly. Frozen is about 4 pages longer so I guess I'll be posting chunks of it again. I'll start tomorrow.
All praise the lord Deacon!
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:37   Link #4374
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Glory Ch.20 is out now I'll take a crack at Frozen once I scoot the compilation volume of Crossbone Ghost out!
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:04   Link #4375
Tendou Souji

Heero seems to know he killed Relena's father. This could be a huge change in the series or Relena could still direct her anger towards OZ instead of Heero.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:07   Link #4376
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Heero seems to know he killed Relena's father. This could be a huge change in the series or Relena could still direct her anger towards OZ instead of Heero.
Dude, I know you mean no harm, but given that the chapter just came out, please use a spoiler tag so that you don't kill our expectation. Anyway, this is no attack to your person, just a suggestion based only on my perception

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2012-05-30 at 19:07. Reason: grammar
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 22:53   Link #4377
Morniel_Moonlit

thanks for your hard work Deacon, main reason I signed up for the forum was that (and i've been stalking this thread, I think over a year now ^^
Morniel_Moonlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 08:03   Link #4378
rereremo

Quote:
thanks for your hard work Deacon, main reason I signed up for the forum was that (and i've been stalking this thread, I think over a year now ^^
Actually, me too I haven't completed a year yet, though
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 17:08   Link #4379
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Dude, I know you mean no harm, but given that the chapter just came out, please use a spoiler tag so that you don't kill our expectation. Anyway, this is no attack to your person, just a suggestion based only on my perception
I think one thing doesn't exclude the other.

Spoiler for GoL:
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 17:14   Link #4380
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I think one thing doesn't exclude the other.

Spoiler for GoL:
I can't lie.

As it stands I really hope they do something with Relena, more then we all expected.

As it stands, they can say she is stronger then Gundam pilots all they want, but her characterization is terribly weak, and this will only become worse given her Grand Mothers and how proactive one of them was.

Doesn't mean she needs to completely change, but they really need to address how she is delievered to the audience and not just have her power in Universe be enough anymore.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing