Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2005-12-23, 18:54   Link #1
Shuiro-Ai
Bleach & Shuffle! Fan

Send a message via MSN to Shuiro-Ai
Are Drama's Hard?

I'm in a musical drama this year (the princess and the pea) I want one of the main parts like the Queen or the Maid (there's a twist, instead of the Princess marrying the Prince, the maid marrys him) I'm in grade 6 and it's my first time. Give tips please!

Here is the script that I have to memorize for the TRYOUTS (It's just to see what roll I would be better at)

Hannah (The Maid) - (Steps Forword) It was I, your majesties. I was in the bed all night, I was trying to sleep while I waited for Gillian to return, but I couldn't sleep no matter how I tried ... the mattress was just too lumpy, I'm sorry!

Queen - Nonsense, dear. Remember the girl who arrived with the seven little men? She worked quite well ... until she started whistling. I don't enjoy whistling.

Queen - But I just want what's best for our son. The tests are the only way to prove that a girl is TRULY a princess!
Shuiro-Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 19:24   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well ignoring the off topic issue of whether a 6th grader should be watching shuffle, how difficult it is would be largely based on your acting and singing abilities, since you did say this was a musical. Don't worry about it though. Unless you go to an insanely competitive school, just doing your best should be more than enough. You don't have to be on the level of a professional actor after all.

As for whether drama itself is hard, I would say it's easier than comedy. Others may disagree though.
Old 2005-12-23, 21:58   Link #3
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

your in grade 6??????????????????????? your even younger than me! and i thought i was young... ANYWHO it really depends on who you are. its different for every person. if your shy, its harder. if your outgoing and open, its easier. if your easily embarrased, its harder. if your not very easily embarrassed, its easier. if you cant memorize things easily, its harder. if you can remember things easily, its easier, and so on. get the pattern? it all depends on you. but if you really want to do it, id say go for it! its really fun, i act a few times too, its very fun, especially if your working with your friends! primula gives you thumbs up, so fire away!
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 01:29   Link #4
Thelastguardian

You mean 'Is it hard to be an actor in a school play'.

That (and shuffle issue) aside, here's my take- no one cares if you make a major mistake. It is not as if the parents are expecting NutCracker-like performance. Remember, you are a sixth grader, not a multimillion actor. Just have fun with it You won't have the chance (or luxury) when you go into high school.

That being said, I was in a play back in grade school- Piece of cake XD
Old 2005-12-24, 10:24   Link #5
Shuiro-Ai
Bleach & Shuffle! Fan

Send a message via MSN to Shuiro-Ai
Thanks, and just so I can clear this so no one will say this anymore, lets just say I'm mature for my age, I also watched Elfen Lied. Besides I like romantic anime xD
Edit - And bloody/gory anime also
Shuiro-Ai is offline   Reply With Quote