AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2005-12-24, 04:46   Link #1
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Mai Otome Doremi Ep. 11 problems.....

K so I downloaded Episode 11 at my friends house and for some reason whenever I clicked it....didn't even need to be opening it just clicking it, it would crash his player and explorer. So I figured it was just his computer sucking, but then I get home and download it.....the file is corupted here too and when I try and play it I only get the first few seconds then my player crashes.

Anyone else having the same problem or might know whats wrong?
Old 2005-12-24, 09:53   Link #2
PurpleLightning

just got a copy to see about your problem and there does not seem to be any, your configuration of codecs must be the issue. ffdshow runs it just fine.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:32   Link #3
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Make sure it's a complete download, and install CCCP or use VideoLan player to run.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-03, 13:17   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
And stay away from "Codec packs", If you have any installed...I'd definately think about removing them and installing FFDShow.

Since it can handle most of your video needs, and just install the standalone support for files FFDshow can't handle. [I don't think it handles things like .mkv, for example ]
Old 2006-01-03, 13:26   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

For the 15216347th time: MKV is a CONTAINER, not a CODEC. You can stick basically anything from DVD video to your cat into MKV, and it will play as long as you have:
1. A MKV splitter (Haali Media Splitter, for example)
2. Something to handle what's in the MKV. Common things that can be found in MKV's are DivX, XviD, H.264 and MPEG2 videos; Vorbis, MP3, AC3, AAC and DTS audio streams; Truetype fonts; SRT, SSA and Vobsub subtitles... the list goes on. ffdshow handles many, but not all, of these formats. It does DEFINITELY not handle cats . For subtitles, you need a subtitle renderer (in 99% of all cases, that's VSFilter).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read