AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-24, 01:21   Link #121
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Iam guessing that Ichigo got that Hallow form while he was training at Uhara's place. You remember, When Ichigo was about to transform into a hollow but he fought back and at the end he had a Hallow mask on then ripped it off.
Old 2005-12-24, 01:31   Link #122
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
Iam guessing that Ichigo got that Hallow form while he was training at Uhara's place. You remember, When Ichigo was about to transform into a hollow but he fought back and at the end he had a Hallow mask on then ripped it off.
You are a bit late to that discussion. That is one of two possibilities.

The other possibility is that after Kaien was soul-merged with a hollow and killed by Rukia, he got reincarnated as Ichigo. (That hollow was created by Aizen as an experimental method of combining a hollow with a shinigami.) Death and rebirth might have purified the combination. (Another word for purify is Bleach.) If this is true, then Ichigo's hollow was always inside of him waiting for the opportunity to show itself.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-24, 02:01   Link #123
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The other possibility is that after Kaien was soul-merged with a hollow and killed by Rukia, he got reincarnated as Ichigo. (That hollow was created by Aizen as an experimental method of combining a hollow with a shinigami.) Death and rebirth might have purified the combination. (Another word for purify is Bleach.) If this is true, then Ichigo's hollow was always inside of him waiting for the opportunity to show itself.
That's my preferred theory...
Old 2005-12-24, 03:23   Link #124
Morisato

Just so people know, next episode is NOT a filler episode. It IS in the MANGA.
Old 2005-12-24, 03:33   Link #125
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I guess that's you laffing at me Morisato...Hmm, wonder why?? Is it because I was wrong about Byakuya?? He actually did have a pretty awesome reason for acting like he acted...I don't know if Bleach has great writing right now or just pulling it out there a$$ as they go along...But Byakuya has earned my respect...since I don't read manga I had the right to feel the way I did about him when i didn't know he was actually a stand-up guy...
Old 2005-12-24, 04:38   Link #126
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I guess that's you laffing at me Morisato...Hmm, wonder why?? Is it because I was wrong about Byakuya?? He actually did have a pretty awesome reason for acting like he acted...I don't know if Bleach has great writing right now or just pulling it out there a$$ as they go along...But Byakuya has earned my respect...since I don't read manga I had the right to feel the way I did about him when i didn't know he was actually a stand-up guy...
I agree, Byakuya really earned a lot of respect, although I though he was a little when he needed to hold hands and stuff with Rukia.

But I could see his dilemma, a promise towards his parents or a promise towards his love? Now he was able to keep them both. That also gave the scene where he didn´t meet Rukia´s eyes, when she was about to be executed, quite a meaning.

By the way, are shinigamis immortal? Immortal to the degree that they don´t die of age and/or diseases?

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2005-12-24 at 05:33.
Old 2005-12-24, 04:54   Link #127
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
By the way, are shinigamis immortal? Immortal to the degree that they donīt die of age and/or diseases?
Nope. Ukitake is suffering from an ailment which may shorten his life.
Old 2005-12-24, 05:35   Link #128
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar
Nope. Ukitake is suffering from an ailment which may shorten his life.
Aha, I thought that they were like the elves in LOTR, they can only die if they are killed. Thanks for the answer anyway.
Old 2005-12-24, 07:21   Link #129
Kenpachi_19
11th Squad Taicho

ukitake never look really well since appearing in the anime, he look so sick, coughing most of the times, hopefully he doesn't die soon, coz he never show his ability fully just yet...lol..
Old 2005-12-24, 11:10   Link #130
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I bet Morisato doesn't even know what the hell you are talking about. Try monir. It might know.

Happy Christmas to ya all!
Old 2005-12-24, 11:54   Link #131
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Maybe I watch too much of this crazy anime, but doesn't that song from SoaD, Hypnotize, go well with this Ep. (62) of Bleach? (Just play the first 60 sec.'s of that song while watching Aizen rises towards his Menos buddies!)

VC
Old 2005-12-24, 18:46   Link #132
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

OK I did say i respect Byakuya now and kinda misjudged him, but something still bothers me...In his fight with Youru-chan then Renji he is still EXTREMELY arrogant and even downright scummish in his belittling of Renji...I know we found out he wanted to uphold SS rules for breaking them with Rukia, but that still doesn't explain why he acted so smug to Renji...he could have simply killed him without spitting on his pride in the process...To think i almost forgot about the reasons I hated Byakuya just because of his heart-wrenched scene with Rukia in ep 61...

Makes me think the Bleach writers may have pulled the softer, gentler Byakuya outta their behinds...I expected him to talk to Ichigo in that manner, but he basically raped Renji of his pride as a man...and Renji was like his right-hand man (All he had to do was stop him)...So I guess I'm re-thinking alot now...Maybe he should go over to Renji and apologize aswell...If I was Renji i don't know If I could accept that $hit...
Old 2005-12-24, 19:31   Link #133
Hidden Heart

Quote:
OK I did say i respect Byakuya now and kinda misjudged him, but something still bothers me...In his fight with Youru-chan then Renji he is still EXTREMELY arrogant and even downright scummish in his belittling of Renji...I know we found out he wanted to uphold SS rules for breaking them with Rukia, but that still doesn't explain why he acted so smug to Renji...he could have simply killed him without spitting on his pride in the process...To think i almost forgot about the reasons I hated Byakuya just because of his heart-wrenched scene with Rukia in ep 61...

Makes me think the Bleach writers may have pulled the softer, gentler Byakuya outta their behinds...I expected him to talk to Ichigo in that manner, but he basically raped Renji of his pride as a man...and Renji was like his right-hand man (All he had to do was stop him)...So I guess I'm re-thinking alot now...Maybe he should go over to Renji and apologize aswell...If I was Renji i don't know If I could accept that $hit...
I guess Byakuya just doesn't like Renji,
Do captains pick their lieutenants?
Old 2005-12-24, 21:18   Link #134
mullinsmcd

Can someone explain to me what the one 4th squad guy in glasses meant by "they are the soul society saviors " ? How does that make any sense? Sure they caused trouble and avoided the execution so Rukias still alive, but they didnt save anyone else. Aizen still got what he ultimately wanted. No one got saved from any less injuries in fact more ppl got WHOOPED UP ON thanks to them, and like a whole fuckload of reg deathgods got pummeled by Ichigos crew. What exactly did they do that helped the situation.

The only thing is that they saved Rukias life, but that hardly qualifies as saving soul society!! Anyone else seeing something that i dont see?
Old 2005-12-24, 22:16   Link #135
shud

I think maybe he means that they catalyzed the uncovering of Aizen's plans. If the ryoka hadn't broken in, who knows how long Aizen & Co. could have just manipulated the Gotei 13 and SS by controlling Central 46 decisions.
Old 2005-12-24, 22:50   Link #136
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi_19
ukitake never look really well since appearing in the anime, he look so sick, coughing most of the times, hopefully he doesn't die soon, coz he never show his ability fully just yet...lol..
One really weird thing is why Unohana doesn't heal him .

Last edited by ScytheBlade; 2005-12-25 at 01:32.
Old 2005-12-24, 23:04   Link #137
Kenpachi_19
11th Squad Taicho

yeah..i wonder also..maybe the sickness is something that even unohana(4th squad captain) can't heal it. It is a pity though, coz ukitake seems to be a strong guy, but the sickness probably limit his power.
Old 2005-12-25, 01:30   Link #138
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:

Maybe it was because Renji was his right-hand man. The way you treat a stranger that stands up to you is different from the way you treat a traitor. Despite being his vice-captain, Renji betrayed his trust and attacked him. Not just attacked him, but actually said that the whole time he was working for Byakuya he was waiting for the day that he could lay the smackdown on his own captain.

Can you really blame Byakuya for rubbing it into Renji's face that he turned on him too quickly?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-25, 01:34   Link #139
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi_19
yeah..i wonder also..maybe the sickness is something that even unohana(4th squad captain) can't heal it. It is a pity though, coz ukitake seems to be a strong guy, but the sickness probably limit his power.
And we thought Unohana's great healing power made her a captain .
Old 2005-12-25, 02:12   Link #140
Kenpachi_19
11th Squad Taicho

yeah..maybe his sickness is something that even Unohana hasn't find the cure yet, but i think we will know sooner or later right?lol...
Closed Thread