AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-09, 19:42   Link #121
Hannah's_Knight

Send a message via MSN to Hannah's_Knight
The first Anime I ever watched...geez that must have been a long time ago...I guess the first unnofficial one was when I watched a Hentai on TV on New Years Eve back in 1995...Monster City or something...either way that doesn;t count and I got in a lot of trouble *remembers* XD.

The first Anime that I ever watched must have been Oh My Goddess a very long tie ago...I remember telling my brother "Anime sucks, it'll be no good, honest" Boy was I wrong. After that Anime became a huge obsession of mine XD
Hannah's_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 19:54   Link #122
Hiromu Tagushi
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Hiromu Tagushi Send a message via MSN to Hiromu Tagushi
hmm.....o.o
i think that was saint seiya... maybe o.O
i don't remember very well u.u
in 1994 i've watched saint seiya, captain tsubasa, yuyu hakusho, sailor moon.. can be one of these ones
Hiromu Tagushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 21:54   Link #123
Killeemegee
Slave The Revolution

Send a message via AIM to Killeemegee Send a message via Yahoo to Killeemegee
I remember a series when I was 5 that included 3 guys who controlled different coloured mechs. I cant remember the name though.

The one that got me into anime though was Devil Man. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. Cartoons swearing, killing,changing into demons, nudity. When you're 9 years old this effects you, and I thought it was the coolest thing Ive ever seen.

For 10+ years Ive been watching anime now.
Killeemegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 02:15   Link #124
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

i believe for the most part, it's DB interspersed with sailormoon, i wouldn't say they're the first ones i choose to watch, more like i was forcefully exposed to those things while not being as careful as i should of been while walking around the primiter of the TV. damn cousins.
anyhow, the first show that got me interesed voluntarily would be Slam Dunk!...or was it One Piece, can't remember.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:10   Link #125
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
GAH... I feel so left out... the first anime I ever watched would probably be.... DORAEMON!!! *audience gasps* I know... but it's still one of my favs.. . probably because I was like 5 when I saw it. The series that actually started my addiction would be CCS... and yes I am male. CCS is still one of my favourite animes though.
KeishoumoriDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:46   Link #126
1337l4m32
Inactive Member

my first anime...i think it was speed racer, that was a while ago...
1337l4m32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 03:45   Link #127
Ainana

Bubblegum Crisis -
I just thought, wow, these are really cool kickass fighting women. It made me happy...

Priss was my favorite.
However, now when I go back to watch it, I find that having experienced more anime, I don't like it half as much. I was less picky then, and lots more picky now I guess. But it was still good back in the old days....
And I still like Priss.
Ainana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 06:10   Link #128
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
my first anime from internet (download) - neon genesis evangelion

transformer origin from Japan????
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 07:25   Link #129
Blue*Dragon

hm first anime ey

it was a 3d anime that i saw it was

Transformers- Beast Wars
that was on SBS6 on Holland's tv channel in 1994 if i got it correct
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 20:13   Link #130
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
hm first anime ey

it was a 3d anime that i saw it was

Transformers- Beast Wars
that was on SBS6 on Holland's tv channel in 1994 if i got it correct
lol, it's crap (imo, not to start a flame war hey, transformers armada is nu op yorin, als je transformers leuk vind )

but my first anime (shame on me) was dbz at a friend of mine's.
However, when they got to the 2nd or 3rd stronger enemy, I got slightly bored, and started looking for other animes... and then I found wonderland
Stofzuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 21:02   Link #131
wnkryo
HainShodan

I can't remember T.T
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 21:25   Link #132
xombi
Inactive Member

Red face

Well.......... I am probably one of the older fans here, so do not be alarmed when I say Robotech (on TV in the 80's) - but the first that I "Knew" was anime, was Bubblegum Crisis the original series. Obviously it has had a major impact, as I am still collecting - unfortunately it also means the hundreds of $ I spent on VHS tapes, I now want to spend again buying them on DVD *sigh*. It has gotten so much easier now with DIVX and HK DVD's.... I was one of those sending off $8/tape through the mail for fansubs of Kenshin and Fushigi Yuugi.... those were long waits. Back when it took 2+ years for ADV to release Evangelion - and charge you $30 for 1 or 2 episodes on a VHS. Man, I could buy a new PC just with the money spent on Evangelion... scary.
xombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 21:56   Link #133
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Mine was Rockman and Ronin Warriors...Saturday morning cartoons when i was like 6. Good times. The first time I saw ronin warriors i thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then came sailor moon, pokemon and dragon ball z. Ranma bebop then eva, lain trigun then noir kenshin gundams zz, 0080 0030 mobile suit, 08 ms team ippo, love hina, initial D, Ayashi No Ceres Ai Yori Aoshi onegai twins, azumanga diaoh those were probably my most memoriable. Just because my memory works like the first and last things i've seen.
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 01:38   Link #134
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
first anime ay???

I think it was a h3n7@i one of my friends showed it to me and I was like whoa cartoons (remember i didn't know it was anime) can do that???........:j/k:

OK Really bad joke but...

Anyways the first anime I ever really saw was DB.. well actually I didn't see it seeing how it was a manga. I personally had enjoyed this mainly because it was a nice intro into the animation world because main characters could actually die...well sure they cam back like a billion kajillion times, but the idea of heaven and hell were implemented to an extent where there were rules to coming back and such and I found that interesting. Now of course I have been really immersed in the world of anime now and I don't really find as much enjoyment in DB as I once had, but its a classic....it also kind of reminds me Naruto.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 01:57   Link #135
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Candy Candy, Rose of Versailles and Astroboy when I was 5-6 years old.. I loved Candy Candy and Astroboy, but I absolutely hated Rose of Versailles for some reason.. I think I just didn't like the "mature" looking art style. Those are the very first anime series I've seen...

There was a lot of anime on TV when I was a kid.. So I always saw anime series like.. The anime versions of Sherlock Holmes, Ann of green gables and the Three Musketeers.. I also watched a show about a dinosaur who ate metal.. Named "Gozura" or something like that. I loved that show. o_o; There was another anime with a talking cow and his friend the turtle.. I don't remember how that was named though. There was also Mahou Tsukai Sally.. Which had another name in french. There was another one... Hm.. about a little girl who milked cows in a farm. I think she was an orphan or something.. But I don't remember the name. Oh! and another one I watched very very often... Was about a little girl who lived in the alps.. It wasn't Heidi.. It was a little blonde girl.. In the french version, her name was Annette. or something like that.. And it was always really sad. x_o Like her friend pushed her little brother down the cliff by accident and he broke his leg... And her mother died near the end of the series too... I don't know if anyone remembers that..

There was also a lot of .. Anime series with animal characters. o-o Like there was one that was translated in English too.. About animals who lived in the forest.. It was really peaceful. I think the two main characters were squirrels or something.. There was also one with pandas.. One with a beaver. o.o And there was a very very CUTE one that I really loved... About a village of animals.. There was little cats and little bunnies and other animals and they wore clothes like humans. And there was a little bunny girl with a bow. [ no, it wasn't hello kitty o-o ] I wish I could find that anime again...

I always knew they were Japanese cartoons but I never really knew that much about anime... Then I started watching SM. When I started buying Sailor Moon manga, I found out that there was more manga too... I think the first manga series I read aside from Sailor Moon was Ranma ..

But the first anime I saw that wasn't a TV show.. While knowing it was anime and knowing about it.. was Project A-ko, I think.. Or Dragon Half.. Or maybe I rented both at the same time.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 02:50   Link #136
CaliforniaRoll
Avocado,Cucumb,Crap,Mayo

Some hentai movie with tentacles, rape, etc.. It was accually pretty disgusting and i couldnt imagine why anime was even something people would watch. Then i got really drunk and everyone passed out, so i decided to watch some TV but the only videos he had were anime. So i picked out an anime that didnt look like it invovled beastiality. Lucky for me that anime was Akira! After that i was hooked.
CaliforniaRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 19:49   Link #137
Kenji
Dream Navigator

Send a message via ICQ to Kenji
In 1994, Saint Seiya. I was 10.
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 13:26   Link #138
Blue*Dragon

[QUOTE=Stofzuiger]lol, it's crap (imo, not to start a flame war hey, transformers armada is nu op yorin, als je transformers leuk vind )

That transformers Beast Wars was the first anime that i ever saw. I didn't knew from that time that there were anime website. When i noticed that they are was in the time from dbz. But when i saw those transformers i didn't have internet in that time.
So i was crazy of that anime until i saw more and more anime.

hhmm don't know why but i still watch transformers, maby because it was de first animation that i saw .
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 15:48   Link #139
Joe Dalton

hard to say... i think it was called something like 7 dragons...
but its been like so long that the name has slipped from my memory nor do i remember what it was about...
The first that I watched and remember was a movie about a guy going up into space.... For some reason there are some fragments i still remember from it even though its been allot of years.... At the beginning you see allot of trainees in what i remember as odd looking outfits. Then when he is to be the guy that goes up into space someone tries to asasinate him.
And at the end when he is in outer space and gives a statement to the press he quotes something from the bible that a girl told him.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 23:22   Link #140
VanFanel
Friend of the Giraffe

My first post, I guess this is a suiting thread to start in.

I learned about manga and anime first through videogames, so the first anime I watched, knowing it was anime, was probably Street Fighter 2 the movie. After that, Ninja Scroll. Then Akira, and so on. Actually, I wasn't really hooked until I saw Princess Mononoke. That was the turning point for me. The story was so complex, unlike anything I'd seen in a drawed movie until then. And so beautiful.. When I got access to the internet, I finally had a chance to widen my horizon, and see some tv-series that are ridiculously difficult to get where I live. Now, it's one of my favourite past-times.

I guess you could count in Transformers and "Les mondes engloutis" as well, they kind of defined my childhood, and might have sparked the interest for anime at an earlier age than I am concious of.

VanFanel is offline   Reply With Quote