Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-28, 06:50   Link #41
Baphomet

Aizen's Shikai is not overpowered and has it own weakness

Hi everyone,

I just registered and thinking of participating in these wonderful discussions.
l
Back to the topic,

I think Aizen's shikai is not as overpowered as it seems to be. The reason why we think its so powerful because Aizen is using it in the situation that fits its ability best - which is fighting against human opponents.

To destroy inanimate things however...Aizen's shikai lose badly to more straightforward damage zanpaktous such as Ichigo's, Renji's, Byakuya's and many others, even Momo's.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-28 at 06:56. Reason: Threads merged. Thanks for joining, but we already have enough threads about Aizen with you creating yet another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2005-12-28, 06:53   Link #42
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its actually very weak since it only works on those that are mezmorized by it already and does not affect others.

however, aizen is still freaking overpowered.
Old 2005-12-28, 07:00   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

So, you're saying that the weakness of Aizen's shikai is that it doesn't work on inanimate objects? Great! Now we just need to find a rather violent and reasonably dangerous cottage with a grudge against Aizen, then he's toast!

Oh, wait... "inanimate" objects.... hmmm... it might be tough to find an inanimate object that can defeat Aizen. His shikai might not effect them, but I'm sure he can turn most houses into kindling without needing his shikai. Still, thanks for pointing out this weakness.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-28, 07:03   Link #44
Baphomet

My bad, Madam NoSanninWa.

Anyway, whatever way the good guys use to beat Aizen in the end, I hope it will be something more creative than just having Ichigo reaching a super-hypnotism-immune willpower.

I dont mind Ichigo, the hero, beating the big bad boss in the end but lets hope he do it in a more fashionable way than bruteforce.
Old 2005-12-28, 07:06   Link #45
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I hope for that as well. Yet, somehow, I suspect he'll overcome the "absolute hypnosis" through a typical shounen exercise of willpower. He'll yell out Saori's name and simply overcome the problem.... or something like that. (Maybe, "Shaka no kataki?" )

PS. Please pardon my lame Saint Seiya jokes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-28, 10:38   Link #46
Grees
Ehhh

No ofcourse not, its hypnotism not magic, Aizen cant make the wall disappear, its still there, the victim just cant see it.
Old 2005-12-28, 11:01   Link #47
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Though he could make someone think hes running through the wall
Old 2005-12-28, 11:56   Link #48
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I hope for that as well. Yet, somehow, I suspect he'll overcome the "absolute hypnosis" through a typical shounen exercise of willpower. He'll yell out Saori's name and simply overcome the problem.... or something like that. (Maybe, "Shaka no kataki?" )

PS. Please pardon my lame Saint Seiya jokes.

Ohhh no, that Saint Seiya joke was very good, it really brings back good memories
Old 2005-12-28, 23:04   Link #49
kljs
Codename : Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to kljs Send a message via MSN to kljs Send a message via Yahoo to kljs
so, the conclusion is that Aizen is invinsible with shikai and with bankai he is god. after reading what everyone said in here.

I don't see a way anyone could beat him. Ichigo already saw his shikai, so he can't beat him. and Ichigo was in bankai mode.
Old 2005-12-29, 00:00   Link #50
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by kljs
I don't see a way anyone could beat him. Ichigo already saw his shikai, so he can't beat him. and Ichigo was in bankai mode.
It was never clear whether or not Ichigo actually did see Aizen's Shikai...hence all the speculation being done...
Old 2005-12-29, 00:16   Link #51
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kljs
so, the conclusion is that Aizen is invinsible with shikai and with bankai he is god. after reading what everyone said in here.

We know nothing about Aizen's bankai. That is just guessing. As for Ichigo having no chance against him, that is certainly correct... right now. Considering how much stronger Ichigo has gotten in the few weeks since he entered Soul Society, there is every chance he will be able to beat Aizen next month.

Old 2005-12-29, 00:58   Link #52
Funkatron
Highly irregular

if he an effect all senses, an't he make you feel pain without touhing you?

Maybe thats his Bankai: make an illusion so real you think you are atually being attaked/cut when he's not moving a finger. Sorta like Itachi in Naruto
Old 2005-12-29, 01:41   Link #53
Kigo

I think Aizen got his powers from a third party. How does he contact Hollows into allying him? I think he's just a tool for someone else.

Or

Either that or he's a failed experiment. He said he did tried experiments with Hollows before, maybe he did one and tested it on himself. He wasn't completely successful but enough to give him a huge boost compared to the other captains. (I think Yamamoto can take him though >.>)

As for his Bankai, I can't really speculate on that... Look at Ichigo his Shikai is one thing but his Bankai was completely different. Isane did say Aizen's Soul Slayer was water based, if that isn't a complete lie it still might be...
Old 2005-12-29, 04:15   Link #54
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

maybe urahara will make a robot with enough power to defeat aizen. the robot would be immune to hypnosis right? hmm dragonball...............
Old 2005-12-29, 04:50   Link #55
Grees
Ehhh

But you dont have to push at the wall, you could just standing in front of it all the time thinking you're walking pass it thanks to Aizen. Besides if you cant feel the wall doesnt mean it isnt there, no matter how hard you push it doesnt bring down the wall.
And i suppose you can actually notice the wall when Aizen did a lousy job, like tell you that there's a road, but doesnt tell you that you reached the end of it without problems. If theres a wall in the middle of the road, you will bump into it then, but like Komamura, you can realise you are being hypnotise when seeing something that doesnt stroke, but you cant do anything about it.
Old 2005-12-29, 06:31   Link #56
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
But you dont have to push at the wall, you could just standing in front of it all the time thinking you're walking pass it thanks to Aizen. Besides if you cant feel the wall doesnt mean it isnt there, no matter how hard you push it doesnt bring down the wall.
And i suppose you can actually notice the wall when Aizen did a lousy job, like tell you that there's a road, but doesnt tell you that you reached the end of it without problems. If theres a wall in the middle of the road, you will bump into it then, but like Komamura, you can realise you are being hypnotise when seeing something that doesnt stroke, but you cant do anything about it.
He can't make you think you're walking when you aren't. He can only make you oblivious to the wall while you are controlling your body just the way you think you are.

You'd obviously stop moving when you hit the wall unless you were so strong that you could just stroll right through it. (I suspect that is what would happen if Kenpachi walked into a wall.) The question is if you would realize you weren't managing to walk forward...

Old 2005-12-29, 07:50   Link #57
real folk blues..

i don't know about you guys..but i realy want to know more about aizen's past more than what his plans are for thefuture..
Old 2005-12-29, 10:13   Link #58
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
He can't make you think you're walking when you aren't. He can only make you oblivious to the wall while you are controlling your body just the way you think you are.
You cant be sure of that. If you assume that Aizen use his shikai powers in his fights with Hitsugaya, Komamura and Renji, all of them thought they hit Aizen but in fact their sword arms might just hanging in mid-air, so they must feel some resistance. If he can make your body think that your sword has been block by something that actually isnt there, surely he can make you think you are walking while you're not.
Old 2005-12-29, 12:30   Link #59
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
he cant make you think your walking when your not, with his perfect hypnosis he can control your senses but he cant control your body.

he cant make renji attack ichigo, but he can make renji think ichigo is aizen and then attack ichigo.
Old 2005-12-29, 14:07   Link #60
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altharion
he cant make you think your walking when your not, with his perfect hypnosis he can control your senses but he cant control your body.

he cant make renji attack ichigo, but he can make renji think ichigo is aizen and then attack ichigo.

erm actually if he can affect your senses he can make you think you are indeed walking

for example, if he made your feet feel and not feel the ground alterntively and give you the sensation of muscles moving..........
Closed Thread