AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who has the strongest & coolest weapons?
Arika 21 23.86%
Nina 1 1.14%
Midori 9 10.23%
Haruka 9 10.23%
Shizuru 35 39.77%
Chie 1 1.14%
Akane 1 1.14%
Rad 0 0%
Nao 9 10.23%
Irina 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-28, 06:42   Link #21
Abbott
Munior Jember

I'm all for Midori.
Old 2005-12-28, 08:24   Link #22
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Midori! - not like anyone couldn't guess, since I'm more-than-certainly biased Dual-wielding blades, a nanomachine injector to give her an Otome's speed and strength for a brief time, and of course, Gakutenou! That fight seriously makes me want to see her more (not like I needed any encouragement). I hope she and Aswald turn out to be the "good guys" after all when it's said and done.

For second place, if I could have voted it, I'd say Arika - her weapon was very cool in episode 7....and of course, Bolt From The Blue pretty much was awesome-waiting-to-happen...not that you saw it really, but the combo of her going G Gundam "Hyper Mode" for a few seconds (more of Gundam X satellite link I guess, but still ), plus the blur-factor after the attack finished was enough to make me think that must have been one pretty damn cool attack

For third place it's Irina-chan! Sure, she has no element! Sure, she hasn't even done hardly anything in her robe other than wash windows! But man that was cool the way her floor-washing robot broke down! (plus she gets brownie points for looking like Midori's little sister)

Nao would realistically be third though, if not for the humor-factor of Irina's go-go-gadget-carpetsteamer. Her weapon is too cool
Old 2005-12-28, 09:39   Link #23
Glass Cannon
Nekonyan~

Send a message via AIM to Glass Cannon
Well, to me, so far Shizuru is by far the strongest. Though I like Midori's too, I can't help but to vote for Shizuru ^^
Old 2005-12-28, 09:41   Link #24
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Arika #1. I'm as biased for her as MakoFato is for Midori however I just love everything about Arika Her element and robe are coolio, and she gets big brownie points for showing that she can be hot as well as cute last episode.

Shizuru probably second. Her element has always been cool with the 'snake' blade (which Signum quite blatantly stole for her battles with Fate chan Signum obviously has a Shizuru inferiority complex going on ).

Ok, smilies going out of control, so I'm going to stop there...
Old 2005-12-28, 10:08   Link #25
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Cannon
Well, to me, so far Shizuru is by far the strongest. Though I like Midori's too, I can't help but to vote for Shizuru ^^
Saying Shizuru is by far the strongest is being more than a little blind. I wouldn't point out anyone for being the strongest, because at this point, we just don't know. We haven't seen too many people in battle and for all we know they could be holding back deliberately. I personally would place my bets for Midori eventually topping off at strongest position number 1, but saying she is stronger than, say, Shizuru, at this point, would be foolish. Why? Because I don't think either or them put anything like their best efforts into that fight they had in episode 10.

They will probably all be overtaken by Arika in the end, and Nina had a meister robe somewhere.. Picture of a figure I think it was, but it was blacked out as to not spoil any of the story. Meister robe is a bit of a guess, but it sure didn't look like ordinary clothes, and it wasn't a standard robe.. It's the main characters you want to watch out for topping the strongest positions.
Old 2005-12-28, 10:52   Link #26
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Natsuki...cuz Shizuru is THE coolest, hotest , sexiest , cutiest, strongest gadgets

and doh catgirls : wow you change your avatar daily
Old 2005-12-28, 11:50   Link #27
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
Midori! - not like anyone couldn't guess, since I'm more-than-certainly biased Dual-wielding blades, a nanomachine injector to give her an Otome's speed and strength for a brief time, and of course, Gakutenou! That fight seriously makes me want to see her more (not like I needed any encouragement). I hope she and Aswald turn out to be the "good guys" after all when it's said and done.
Come to think of it, I think the dual blade thing originates from GEAR Fighter Dendoh(same character designer after all)
Old 2005-12-28, 13:31   Link #28
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Nao's claw in HiME was cool, but her... gymnastic rods in Otome look much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Shizuru probably second. Her element has always been cool with the 'snake' blade (which Signum quite blatantly stole for her battles with Fate chan Signum obviously has a Shizuru inferiority complex going on ).
Apparently both Shizuru and Signum are Isabella "Ivy" Valentine's fangirls with inferiority complex...
Old 2005-12-28, 14:10   Link #29
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Who?

What series are you talking about? I haven't seen it whatever it is, so I imagine it'll be something to go on my ever expanding 'to-watch' list
Old 2005-12-28, 15:13   Link #30
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Nao's claw in HiME was cool, but her... gymnastic rods in Otome look much worse.
First person I've seen say that. Oh, and keep your eyes open, Nao still has her claws, that was something Sunrise wasn't going to get rid of. That gives her one up over the other pearls, what with her transforming finger nails.. the so-called 'gymnastic rods' are actually both useful and stylish. Out of the things the stick could be transformed into, I think she did rather well.

Does Nao aim for meister status? Too bad she probably won't get as far as pillar.. well, Nao always was one for leeching off the person that gave her the most advantage time. She seems the kind of person to go to 'the highest bidder', when/if Otomes start going deserter during the war.
Old 2005-12-28, 15:17   Link #31
Glass Cannon
Nekonyan~

Send a message via AIM to Glass Cannon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Saying Shizuru is by far the strongest is being more than a little blind. I wouldn't point out anyone for being the strongest, because at this point, we just don't know. We haven't seen too many people in battle and for all we know they could be holding back deliberately. I personally would place my bets for Midori eventually topping off at strongest position number 1, but saying she is stronger than, say, Shizuru, at this point, would be foolish. Why? Because I don't think either or them put anything like their best efforts into that fight they had in episode 10.

They will probably all be overtaken by Arika in the end, and Nina had a meister robe somewhere.. Picture of a figure I think it was, but it was blacked out as to not spoil any of the story. Meister robe is a bit of a guess, but it sure didn't look like ordinary clothes, and it wasn't a standard robe.. It's the main characters you want to watch out for topping the strongest positions.

Er, sorry. I kind of meant 'thus far' but didn't type it. Obviously the main characters will probably end up the strongest *hates that*

But hey, I'd vote for Shizuru even if she fought with toilet paper and had as many action scenes as Natsuki~
Old 2005-12-28, 15:24   Link #32
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Cannon
Er, sorry. I kind of meant 'thus far' but didn't type it. Obviously the main characters will probably end up the strongest *hates that*

But hey, I'd vote for Shizuru even if she fought with toilet paper and had as many action scenes as Natsuki~
Ahh.. s'ok. Well, I have major complaints with Arika getting even more super powered and all that, but I'm ok for Nina to become a high ranking super powered Otome as well. Someone to keep an eye on Arika and give her friendly, good natured corrections and advice in the form of the odd slap or elbow-in-the-ribs. She'll have sorted herself out before then I expect. I'm on a 50/50 here, and thus am almost indifferent as to whether the main characters end up at the top.

Though, to keep balance, I would like some secondary characters to retain high up positions, possibly even occupying the top slot. Having two 15 year old girls a positions 1 & 2 when you have long running fighters like Shizuru and Midori around would be a little.. out of perspective.
Old 2005-12-28, 15:38   Link #33
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Having two 15 year old girls a positions 1 & 2 when you have long running fighters like Shizuru and Midori around would be a little.. out of perspective.
But it's bound to happen, alas. The beauty of the cliches... I'd love to be proven wrong but I really don't see anyone being stronger than Arika in the end of the series. But I could hardly care less who is the strongest anyway since the ranking usually changes for plot convenience.
Because of that I voted for Haruka as the one with the coolest weapon, it really suits her personality well.
Old 2005-12-28, 15:50   Link #34
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
But it's bound to happen, alas. The beauty of the cliches... I'd love to be proven wrong but I really don't see anyone being stronger than Arika in the end of the series. But I could hardly care less who is the strongest anyway since the ranking usually changes for plot convenience.
Because of that I voted for Haruka as the one with the coolest weapon, it really suits her personality well.
Well, I wouldn't place my bets on Arika topping out at position number 1, but I wouldn't bet on anyone for that matter. It is too early to make an accurate prediction. Hmm, Sunrise likes staying away from the standard mold, perhaps we could hope that Arika doesn't get that most powerful position? A little predictable, don't you think, for Sunrise? It sure wouldn't do anything for her attitude. Dreams, in most cases, do not come true. People usually learn the hard way. Arika needs to do so.
Old 2005-12-28, 15:56   Link #35
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

It would be no more predictable than Mai being arguably the strongest HiME in MH, don't you think? But as I said I'd love to be proven wrong.
Old 2005-12-28, 15:59   Link #36
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
It would be no more predictable than Mai being arguably the strongest HiME in MH, don't you think? But as I said I'd love to be proven wrong.
Mai was strong in some respects, but weak in others. I didn't see any particular person topping off at stongest position number one in Mai HiME.

Heheh.. and I would love to be proven correct. Either way, we both get what we want. An Arika free top spot.
Old 2005-12-28, 16:14   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Mai had the strongest child in kagutsuchi but Mai herself wasn't that powerful. Althought she did have a lot potiential, she never had the training and mostly use her power for defensive purposes.

For determining which HIME is the strongest you have look at 2 things, their child and thier element.

Back to topic I voted for Arika. Simply put, her weapon of two side crystal blades looks cool and that bolt form blue is just very nice. Shizuru and Midori aren't really that noticeable. They look kinda bland to me, they should have keep the MH elements. Which is a lot cooler then their current weapons.
Old 2005-12-28, 17:03   Link #38
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

I vote for Arika..her sword can change size and it is quite destructive when used correctly.
Old 2005-12-28, 17:05   Link #39
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
I vote for Arika..her sword can change size and it is quite destructive when used correctly.
Not much good to Arika, then. Looks like Shizuru has torn ahead, as to be expected. I still don't consider my vote for Nao a wasted vote, her part of episode 6 was a very cool one, we need another one soon.. preferably next episode. Actually might not be too much to hope for, she is friends of some kind with Akane after all.
Old 2005-12-28, 21:23   Link #40
Bloody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
[COLOR="DarkRed"

EDIT: Why is Chie in the list? I don't recall ever seeing her weapon.[/COLOR]
oops .... I didnt mean to put the Chie on the list T_T , But yeah .... I forgot Miyu >_< (Sorry T_T)
Closed Thread