AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2005-12-27, 05:32   Link #161
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
I didn't think the movie was soley about racism.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NaNash| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 19:01   Link #162
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, the movie was great, it truly wrapped up the series for me. I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist two years ago, and it was important in introducing me to anime as a whole. It remains one of my favorites all time to this day. I'm just glad that I finally have a sense of closure after seeing the movie. I don't have much to say plot-wise, but I have a couple of comments.

Spoiler for movie:

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2005-12-28 at 03:58.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:35   Link #163
Shigan
Forever a Journey

The movie was really really great, complex storyline and tied most of the loose threads which was left by the original anime BUT:

Spoiler:

-Wonderful- animation on Noa's dance in the end. Really lit your blood so to speak

And I guess the anime storyline is done, I guess I'll just wish the Elric brothers good luck in protecting Noa through the second world war and go back to the manga then.

BTW, will there be a soundtrack? I'm kinda in for the two gipsy songs that were played in the beginning and the end.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:08   Link #164
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
What the...

I know Im not allowed to say anything about where to get it?. But how in god's name did you guys watch it?. Unless they aired it in cinemas in the US.

Also the DVD is coming out on the 25th of Jan. So how?!

Unless you watched those *********************, you know what they are..
________
TWO AND A HALF MEN FORUM

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:51.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:38   Link #165
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
The movie was really really great, complex storyline and tied most of the loose threads which was left by the original anime BUT:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:18   Link #166
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Spoiler:
Ditto. I watched the movie recently and was very dissapointed. Technically it was good, but not great, although it was good to see the old gang together, especially at the end. But overall the movie did little to capitalize on the series. Ironically it made me feel the opposite - made me want to watch the whole series again, because the movie left me wanting more of FMA I loved.

Having said that the cameos were fun, especially Lyra's LOL
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 07:25   Link #167
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Ditto. I watched the movie recently and was very dissapointed. Technically it was good, but not great, although it was good to see the old gang together, especially at the end. But overall the movie did little to capitalize on the series. Ironically it made me feel the opposite - made me want to watch the whole series again, because the movie left me wanting more of FMA I loved.
I liked the movie, the animation was good, the plot was exciting and it was fun to see the old characters but the ending...brrr...The ending. It totally sucked!

So instead I´m thinking of picking up the manga instead, since that one hasn´t ended yet?

Although, it´s not entirely true that I will abandon FMA completely. I have this one episode I just have to watch from time to time, "Fullmetal vs Flame".

Old 2005-12-28, 11:08   Link #168
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Actually...

Spoiler:

But still, I have to say it again. Noa's dancing at the funeral, I hadn't minded a whole music video of that
Old 2005-12-28, 12:08   Link #169
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Actually...

Spoiler:

But still, I have to say it again. Noa's dancing at the funeral, I hadn't minded a whole music video of that
I think they need to do a second season, instead of the movie, for us who isnīt pleased with this. For me the ending ruined the whole FMA series.

Spoiler:

Old 2005-12-30, 05:31   Link #170
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Wow. There's a lot of bad reviews in here.

Let me start by saying that I am a "long time" fan of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I've watched the series since it started, and actually, it was the main reason I joined Animesuki forums almost two years ago. Because of all the discussions about it, I mean.

My thoughts about the movie... I thought it was great. Incredible. Above my expectations. Maybe that's because I didn't expect too much? I tried not to overhype it and get too excited about it. I knew what the basic storyline would be and never tried to imagine what my ending of the TV-series would look like. All I wanted and needed was an ending to the series. Because it is my favorite series after all.

Spoiler:

All in all, I was very pleased with the movie. I liked it a lot and it makes me want to rewatch the TV-series again. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but the movie was really good. It's not the details that are important. Who really cares if automail-reinsertion hurts or not? That's not what makes a movie bad. Fans should be less fanatic and more accepting of what they are fans of. And not be hung up on details. This movie gave me closure. Finally, I can rest in peace, knowing that everything turned out alright. Why can't you?
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:23   Link #171
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I just watched the movie today... interesting, pointless, and full of fluff. I ended up skimming past alot of the useless scenes in the movie to get to the good stuff. The fight scenes near the end were well done (I want a model of those rockets), but I think it could have been longer if you ask me.

So, now that this "ends" FullMetal Alchemist, who wants to be another series comes out that negates the movie or slaps it into the realm of "alternate universes?"
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:47   Link #172
neoko

How about we all just go read the manga and enjoy the real full metal alchemist plot.

FMA was an awesome series, but the ending just left me loosing faith in anime. I think i might watch the movie for the action.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 04:41   Link #173
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I just watched the movie today... interesting, pointless, and full of fluff. I ended up skimming past alot of the useless scenes in the movie to get to the good stuff. The fight scenes near the end were well done (I want a model of those rockets), but I think it could have been longer if you ask me.

So, now that this "ends" FullMetal Alchemist, who wants to be another series comes out that negates the movie or slaps it into the realm of "alternate universes?"
I definitely wants a second season that negates the movie. But I donīt know how high the probability of that happening is.

Old 2005-12-31, 06:09   Link #174
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

A second season is unlikely, Bones have moved on from FMA being their current love (that honour goes to the awesome Eureka 7). However another movie, OAV or Special is possible. Specials are popular and a good way to sell dvds.

I certainly would not like to see a series of FMA set after the end of the movie with Ed & Al battling Nazis, that would just be silly...
Old 2006-01-01, 20:56   Link #175
sanguinivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Ironically it made me feel the opposite - made me want to watch the whole series again, because the movie left me wanting more of FMA I loved.
*agree. series set the standard/hype too high.. movie didnt reach it

strange how..:
Spoiler:
sanguinivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 23:04   Link #176
Ansa

I rate the movie a 2/10 just for...

Spoiler:

I'll be back later to post logical thoughts after I calm down.

Last edited by Ansa; 2006-01-01 at 23:40.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 23:35   Link #177
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Uh...you might want to fix those spoiler tags XD
Old 2006-01-02, 06:11   Link #178
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinivore
*agree. series set the standard/hype too high.. movie didnt reach it

strange how..:
Spoiler:
I did find hard to show any real love for a movie that resurrectted one of my favourite, and sorely missed characters, as a Nazi...
Old 2006-01-02, 09:56   Link #179
AoiMidori

watched the movie a long time ago.. er.. now i can't really remember bits of it..

it's really great that movie! but the slight drawback was there was so little Royai in the movie!
AoiMidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:27   Link #180
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

I realy liked how they did this altho winry seemd to paly a smaller part altho soemtimes they do forget her when they can *L* ,and if theres one connection to the worlds there are others simplely becuse alchemy is in one world and will always be thus connecting them.

if they follow the mnaga for the next sreis if theres a next series it shouldnt be to bad,remember moives rarely count in a story line *L*

I hope if they make another one its as good as this ^^
need to get the dvd when it coems out!!

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2006-01-03 at 00:39.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote