Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 12:45   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altharion
It doesnt matter if she knows more about dead bodies then Aizen since the spell Aizen cast was that he was murdered, so even though she would do all examinations as possible she would still come to the same conclusion which was that he was dead and it was not a gigai, she said that when kaname and sajin visited her.
You are only guessing that is true. We don't know that Aizen can have people imagine things on their own, filling in details for themselves. Perhaps he needs to create an illusion out of his own knowlege without their subconcious help.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-30, 12:54   Link #82
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
but normal realworld hypnosis is like that, hypnotist hypnotize that they are driving a car, and then the hypnotized person hunks the wheel. which wasnt in the description the hypnotist gave. (this is from a hypnotist show in my country)
Old 2005-12-30, 13:09   Link #83
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quite true. However if the power works like Aizen described, then he can only make people see things, not also do things or believe things. That means either it isn't like real world hypnosis or else Aizen lied about what it does. (Either could be true.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-30, 14:09   Link #84
Baphomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Quite true. However if the power works like Aizen described, then he can only make people see things, not also do things or believe things. That means either it isn't like real world hypnosis or else Aizen lied about what it does. (Either could be true.)

I think Aizen's shikai ability should be more accurately labeled as..

Absolute Hallucination

It works much similar that way compared to how hypnotism suppose to work, in the real world that is.
Old 2005-12-31, 00:21   Link #85
Cool_CR

Send a message via MSN to Cool_CR
A few things about Aizens fights when he stops Ichigos attack with 1 finger the attack is a slow and underpowerd (and Ichigo has an o f*** who have i taken on moment.) when he fails to wound Zaraki he
had much more spirt force is flowing of him, When the fox guys attack is stoped he doesnt even bat an eyelid (the fox) its like he was expecting it. (also note captains are 100% imune to vice captain level attacks gin v hinamory shrug of the sholder defelts energy ball)
also the older captains seem stronger than the younger ones.) And i remember chads energy blast being deflected with 1 hand, BK grabed the black zangetsu while Ichigo was still bouncing of the walls. To sum up
1. all captians have uber strom hands Ichigo included as
A. he brakes a shinki with his fist thats right with his fist.
B. holow verson of him grabs BK sword.
2. if ichigo had gone hollow when Aizen attacked him Aizen would have had a omg iv monologed my self to death moment (a fate that awiets all bigmouthed villens 12th captian included)
Old 2005-12-31, 00:46   Link #86
MobiuS

Aizen said he can controls your senses. But he doesnt control your mind. If he controlled your mind as well ... he woulda made Rukia walk to him and then take the device. He creates illusions. He can make you see, hear, smell, feel and taste what he wants you to ... but he cannot control your reaction to such things. Unohana prolly saw the body and is like ... "oh! wheres the cerebral nodes" or something random like that. If he didnt include them in the illusions, her mind would notice it. Her seeing body organs and feeling and touching them (or tasting ... ew ... ) can be controlled by Aizen but the moment he forgets to ensure the illusion has a certain organ ... she wil notice it is missing. And her mind isnt under control to ignore something like that.
Old 2006-01-01, 15:11   Link #87
XxChris43xX
Capoeira~Samurai

Send a message via AIM to XxChris43xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
I read the manga and so the recent events in the anime didn't surprise me too much... but in the anime I realized even better how much stronger than all others Aizen is! He owned Hitsugaya, then owned Renji and Ichigo (he stopped tensa zangetsu with a finger!!!) and the fox captain... he seems to be a god to me... I mean he even became the leader of hollows later in the story... so rather than asking "who is really Ichigo?" we should ask "who is really Aizen?". I think a huge part of his power come from his absolute hypnosis... no matter how strong an opponent is, if you can control his five senses then he's just a puppet in your hands and so we can safely assume that Aizen is the strongest simply because he can make all the strong ones his puppets and because he's strong by himself as well.
Is there a way to defeat such an opponent? The only way to resist to Aizen's absolute hypnosis is to be blind... so if one wants to defeat Aizen does he need to become blind?!?
Aizen becomes the leader of the Hollows? Is this accurate? Perhaps.... I mean, how is it that his soul slayer is so powerful, complete hypnosis? Thats just too much... When was it that Aizen Hypnotized all of Soul Society? Wouldn't his attack fail if everyone would just close their eyes?.... all their other senses except vision would be affected...
Old 2006-01-01, 15:53   Link #88
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Aizen is powerful, but not invincible. He knows this. If he could have defeated Soul Society, he would have- but he ran away. Remember that if someone could surprise Aizen, and attack before Aizen puts up an illusion, or use an area-of-effect attack like Byaukuya's then Aizen's shikai could easily lose.

His whole plan revolved around confusing Soul Society and then escaping with the Hougyoku. He's not really that overpowered- he's just damn good at not fighting the enemy's strengths. He would have lost quickly if he did.
Old 2006-01-01, 19:48   Link #89
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxChris43xX
Aizen becomes the leader of the Hollows? Is this accurate? Perhaps.... I mean, how is it that his soul slayer is so powerful, complete hypnosis? Thats just too much... When was it that Aizen Hypnotized all of Soul Society? Wouldn't his attack fail if everyone would just close their eyes?.... all their other senses except vision would be affected...
Aizen's basically the leader of the Arrancar...but we've yet to see anything that indicates that he is the leader of all Hollows.
Old 2006-01-01, 19:53   Link #90
wingsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Aizen's basically the leader of the Arrancar...but we've yet to see anything that indicates that he is the leader of all Hollows.
I doubt he would be the leader of all Hollows... It wouldn't be clever of him to go and live with the enemy... no matter how confident he is of his abilities.

Perhaps a student of the leader or the prince of the hollows or something like that?
Old 2006-01-01, 20:31   Link #91
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsky
I doubt he would be the leader of all Hollows... It wouldn't be clever of him to go and live with the enemy... no matter how confident he is of his abilities.

Perhaps a student of the leader or the prince of the hollows or something like that?
The only reason I mentioned "leader of all Hollows" is because of a previous question. My own thoughts on this coincide with the thoughts of some others: that Aizen basically made a pact with the leader of the Hollows. He would use the Hougyoku to increase the strength of the Hollow army, and in turn they'd give him test subjects and grant him asylum or something like that.
Old 2006-01-01, 22:04   Link #92
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
The only reason I mentioned "leader of all Hollows" is because of a previous question. My own thoughts on this coincide with the thoughts of some others: that Aizen basically made a pact with the leader of the Hollows. He would use the Hougyoku to increase the strength of the Hollow army, and in turn they'd give him test subjects and grant him asylum or something like that.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-02, 16:33   Link #93
Altharion
Pirate A

i believe hollows follow the chain of command by strenght making vastoorodes the leaders.

and about kyoukaisuigetsu, if the absolute hypnosis power are on par with the real world:

http://www.answers.com/topic/hypnosis?gwp=19

Quote:
An artificially induced altered state of consciousness, characterized by heightened suggestibility and receptivity to direction.
This clearly says that he doesnt have to add in the slightest details to make a perfect hypnosis.

Quote:
Placing persons in a drowsy, sleeplike state in which they allegedly become vulnerable to the suggestions made by the hypnotist. Hypnosis may also be used to tap into the unconscious and is often characterized by vivid recall of memories and fantasies. These properties make hypnosis a useful tool in psychotherapy. Hypnosis also has sinister implications, for subjects may be manipulated to perform embarrassing actions or be susceptible to carrying out the hypnotist's commands after the hypnosis session (posthypnotic suggestion).
this means he cant control someone under hypnosis but he can make them carry out his command, which pretty makes them his pawn.
Old 2006-01-02, 17:33   Link #94
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Sorry, to disturb you, but actual hypnosis has nothing to do with it.

Just as crickets have nothing to do with Tousen's bankai, despite his bankai being named "Cricket Demon Of Darkness", actual hypnosis has nothing to do with Aizen's technique.

"Absolute hypnosis" is just a name!

Old 2006-01-02, 21:57   Link #95
Altharion
Pirate A

no the name is kyoukaisuigetsu which means mirror, water or something and has the abillity of absolute hypnosis.

*checks v20 again* i'm pretty sure though.
Old 2006-01-04, 17:26   Link #96
defrule

I remember reading somewhere here that achieving Bankai means you do not need to call the Soul Slayers name to summon Shinkai. Why must Ichimaru say "Shoot to kill, Shinsou"?
Old 2006-01-04, 17:47   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Maybe he just really like saying "Shoot to kill!"

Anyway, please get back on topic. We're discussing Aizen, not Gin's shikai.

Old 2006-01-04, 17:55   Link #98
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
I remember reading somewhere here that achieving Bankai means you do not need to call the Soul Slayers name to summon Shinkai. Why must Ichimaru say "Shoot to kill, Shinsou"?
Because it sounds cool.

Old 2006-01-05, 22:11   Link #99
Calca
Expressionless

I hope Aizen's bankai isn't as cheapass as his shikai.

If it were a videogame, I'd be screaming at the screen "Oh that's bullshit! He can't do that!"
Old 2006-01-06, 00:03   Link #100
Mousuke

*new to this thread*

Obviously, Aizen is the main bad guy (or so we hope...can you imagine if there was somebody in charge of him?) so I don't think we're going to really see him until the end of the manga. I mean, yeah, we'll see him behind the scenes from time to time so we can learn what his motives are and whatnot, but in the end I think it'll come to a final showdown between Aizen and Freaking Powerful Ichigo.
Closed Thread