AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 9 14.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 37.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 24.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-30, 22:24   Link #41
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I brought that up as a joke, but looking at the scene again maybe it's not totally impossible? That gaze with the ever so slight blush after Satoshi asked her why she is here could mean something. Irisu is probably a cooldere. I expect a character like her, when she does, to fall in love rather hard to the point that it betray her character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
can someone explain what does the item name chain is ?

i understand the club name chain (going through hiragana in order), but i dont understand the chain about the item name

please, i have expectations of you ! ()
Mazui's post has a good summery about this: http://mazuisubs.com/215

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-07-30 at 22:26. Reason: Reorganize
Old 2012-07-30, 22:40   Link #42
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
This case seems interesting >.> I really enjoyed Chitanda going from club to club very fun and is a great insight of clubs. Kyoani seems to have a love with anime and clubs might I add XD.

I wonder what will be stolen next >.<
Old 2012-07-30, 22:54   Link #43
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Mayaka cosplay really brings out her cuteness this episode. I wanna hug her so much!

Anyone else notice her remarks, when she has trouble, she runs to Fuka? To bad Fuka does not show any interest, which is a disappoint.

Regarding the episode, I wonder who is the thieve. Here the people, I think are involve:
-the student counsel
-empress
-the guy, who traded guns w/ the protagonist
Old 2012-07-30, 23:04   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd have to feel extremely sorry for the guy Irisu has a crush on...
He'd have to be at the same very high levels of leadership, intellect, deviousness, and emotional intelligence as she is. Otherwise, he'd just become her tool. But even then, they would probably accomplish great things together. Maybe it's mainly because of Yukana's voice, but I think Irisu is pretty wonderful. So far, she seems to me to have good intentions, despite how manipulative she is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-07-31, 00:40   Link #45
Zeross

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
The thief case is based on Agatha Christie's ABC murder, where A person is killed in town A (as described by Mayaka).

So the thief basically steals stuff that has the same hiragana as the club itself.

Igo --> Ishi (stone)
Oryouri --> Otama (ladle)
Uranai --> Unmei no wa (Wheel of fortune)
Acappella --> Apple Juice
Engei --> AK (pronounced as Ei-K) gun name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I brought that up as a joke, but looking at the scene again maybe it's not totally impossible? That gaze with the ever so slight blush after Satoshi asked her why she is here could mean something. Irisu is probably a cooldere. I expect a character like her, when she does, to fall in love rather hard to the point that it betray her character.

Mazui's post has a good summery about this: http://mazuisubs.com/215

thanks, i didn't understood it was just the same (as i didn't know they would prononce it eikei).

that remind me, back in ep12 we often see satoshi's notebook with all the clubs name written on it (one time when he check what he want to do, and a second when he show that their club is last to stand out). maybe we could guess those ku and ke
Old 2012-07-31, 02:08   Link #46
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Am I the only one who actually thinks that this show is at its best when the mysteries propel character development? I'm digging this little character arc for Satoshi quite a bit. This to me was the best episode of the arc so far, not that the other ones were not enjoyable since they were too.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:35   Link #47
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
He'd have to be at the same very high levels of leadership, intellect, deviousness, and emotional intelligence as she is. Otherwise, he'd just become her tool. But even then, they would probably accomplish great things together...
I'm glad to say, it doesn't work that way in real life. She may contemplate falling in love with someone who is her equal, but she could just as easily fall for the stupidest, but most handsome, guy in her class. And she could become his tool. Love knows no bounds.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:27   Link #48
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Am I the only one who actually thinks that this show is at its best when the mysteries propel character development? I'm digging this little character arc for Satoshi quite a bit. This to me was the best episode of the arc so far, not that the other ones were not enjoyable since they were too.
I also enjoyed the previous couple eps in a different manner than the mystery centric ones, but that was only as a breath of fresh air, having fun with the characters I've come to like, but it was authentically constructed mystery that drove me to watch in the first place and that's where I want it to go back eventually.

Wasn't the first guy oreki gave the pen to from the Crafts club? Or was it Fashion Club? I'm just trying to figure out if Oreki will become a millionare or just get that broken pen back.

Last edited by alarmadadna hadi; 2012-07-31 at 08:38.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:05   Link #49
broken270
Defying gravity

Ep. 12. Oreki (Broken Pen) <-> Fashion Club (Badge)
Ep. 13. Oreki (Pin behind badge) <-> Gardening Club (Water Gun)
Ep. 14. Oreki (Water Gun) <-> Confectionery Club (Bag of Flour)
Ep. 15. Oreki (Bag of Flour) <-> Mayaka (Mirror?)
Ep. 16. Oreki (Mirror?) <-> ??? (???)
Old 2012-07-31, 09:21   Link #50
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Ep. 12. Oreki (Broken Pen) <-> Fashion Club (Badge)
Ep. 13. Oreki (Pin behind badge) <-> Gardening Club (Water Gun)
Ep. 14. Oreki (Water Gun) <-> Confectionery Club (Bag of Flour)
Ep. 15. Oreki (Bag of Flour) <-> Mayaka (Mirror?)
Ep. 16. Oreki (Mirror?) <-> ??? (???)
This has become like the trading sequences in Link's awakening for the gameboy.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:22   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... Why? She's an attractive girl. She's smart. She's very reliable (in the sense of being able to get things accomplished). She likely has a good future ahead of her.

And I think it's presumptuous to think that Irisu would treat the closest people in her life the way she did Oreki. There's a rather large difference between working for someone, and being someone's boyfriend.
I don't even think she did all that bad by Oreki. It's unfortunate she hit a sore spot, but most people wouldn't have cared that much.

She does seem to be the kind to get behind a promising man and push. Like asking "please help me with my homework", and before he knows it, the poor boy's a surgeon when he planned to be a professional slacker. There are worse people to have as a SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I really have to say this: Ayako, Mayaka's senpai in the manga club, seems to suffer from severe mood swings. She keeps going from defending to attacking Mayaka. I realize it's more complicated than that, but it's still quite funny.
It's not really mood swings. I called it, she's not actually Mayaka's enemy. She may genuinely be ticked by her elitism and want to teach her some humility, but she respects her sincerity toward manga a hell of a lot more than the sycophancy of her followers who just use the situation to play their little games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Or, as he himself said, warashibe chouja.

I thought the chain was a bit short, so I'm pleasantly surprised he took the initiative to continue it.
Old 2012-07-31, 15:06   Link #52
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or, as he himself said, warashibe chouja.
Indeed and the Zelda games got it from the same source.
Old 2012-07-31, 15:08   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That seemed a bit suspicious to me too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out a few things themselves, and want to catch the crook.
That's what I thought. Everyone caught on.
Old 2012-07-31, 20:51   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Hey...I wonder if something from the Classics Club already got stolen, but no one has seemed to notice it, yet.

Thank God it wasn't the cactus. xD
Old 2012-07-31, 21:14   Link #55
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
i was thinking of the giant red paperclip story but that works too.
Old 2012-07-31, 21:15   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Hey...I wonder if something from the Classics Club already got stolen, but no one has seemed to notice it, yet.

Thank God it wasn't the cactus. xD
Well if it's a copy of the anthology they may never find out with that many copies .

Though really isn't much else for someone to steal. Don't exactly have a lot of stuff. Maybe the target will be an item in Houtarou's item exchange and in return he'll get that note .
Old 2012-08-01, 04:48   Link #57
MartianMage

Just watched ep15 and well it's pretty centered around the mystery... but I'm not that really interested in it...

In other matters I just saw SNK Playmore in the ending credits. I guess it's no wonder they have Mayaka's senpai cosplay as Nakoruru and King.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-08-01, 21:52   Link #58
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I just watched episode 1-15. The anime isn't all that great but the mystery keeps me from watching. I think I'm also starting to get an eye fetish. whenever Chitanda's eyes glow.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:36   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No, you’re not. In fact, it’s a general feeling many people feel when following a detective/mystery series. People prefer the case(s) to flesh-out the characters more than just plain old investigation. The many fillers of Detective Conan, for example, are major offenders to this preference.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:07   Link #60
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great... finally we got some emotional development between all of the characters

Fukube's jealousy... Mayaka's problem with her club... and Chitanda finally feel tired....

I want to see how all of this ends up and how Oreki will wrap up things as usual
Closed Thread