AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 18:23   Link #5441
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Here's a fun one from Ars Technica: 15% of Romney's followers on Twitter are paid fakes.

To be perfectly honest, the assertions made in the article are a little sketchy and the data isn't terribly convincing to me... but I also wouldn't be surprised if it were true.
Old 2012-08-06, 18:28   Link #5442
GDB

The media needs to realize that Twitter matters even less than the printed press.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 19:14   Link #5443
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The media needs to realize that Twitter matters even less than the printed press.
The Arab Spring might explain why they still care about it, that and the fact than it provide free news for them .
Old 2012-08-06, 19:52   Link #5444
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Ted Nugent: 'Obama Represents Everything Bad About Humanity'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1747876.html

Yep. Uh huh. Okay. You are also the guy that said "If Obama is re-elected, I'll soon thereafter either be in jail or dead". I can't help but think he is one of the racist Obama haters.
Old 2012-08-06, 20:08   Link #5445
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

That's the type of crap that makes politics ridiculous. Think that his policies will lead us into some sort of trouble, fine; dislike the way that he handles certain things, sure; but "everything bad about humanity"?

Calm down, Ted, and read a few non-political news headlines. If you think that Obama represents anything "bad about humanity" you need to gain some perspective.
Old 2012-08-06, 20:34   Link #5446
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

Yep. Uh huh. Okay. You are also the guy that said "If Obama is re-elected, I'll soon thereafter either be in jail or dead". I can't help but think he is one of the racist Obama haters.
You realize you're quoting a guy who's done so many drugs he can't even complete an intelligible sentence....
Old 2012-08-06, 20:38   Link #5447
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You realize you're quoting a guy who's done so many drugs he can't even complete an intelligible sentence....
The guy is absurd with his anti-Obama opinions. It is one reason why I think he is one of the Obama haters that is also racist. The whole "I'll either be in jail or dead if Obama is re-elected" thing he said tells a lot.
Old 2012-08-06, 20:53   Link #5448
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The problem isn't if we know this fact but if thoses than listen to him know it and realise than it should affect his judgement.
Old 2012-08-07, 18:07   Link #5449
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Romney: America Is No Kibbutz
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/...-is-no-kibbutz
Good thing for him than he didn't said such thing while he was in Israel .
Old 2012-08-07, 19:46   Link #5450
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Romney: America Is No Kibbutz
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/...-is-no-kibbutz
Good thing for him than he didn't said such thing while he was in Israel .
I don't think that anyone would have cared. The kibbutz concept is a nice part of Israeli history, but many of them are essentially retirement homes these days (at least, the ones I've been to were). The younger generations don't want to live on them. I don't expect many to continue to exist over the next 50 years.

Still, it was a weird remark to make. I would have thought that a comparison that wouldn't draw criticism and that would rile people up would be a comparison to the communist Soviet Union.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:43   Link #5451
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I was reading an opinion piece on-line. And that article has an interesting hypothesis; That the GOP policies are so radical, so ridiculous, that they have become unbelievable.

What does that mean? It means when Dems try to explain to voters why the GOP will do bad things, their words would be dismissed for being too bizarre.

In short, voters are starting to think the Dems are lying, because factual attacks on Romney policies have become harder and harder to believe. "It can't be true, because he can't be that evil".

Much like saying "Romney can't possibly lie about his time with Bain Capital because he would get into legal trouble".

At this point, the message just isn't getting through. We might as well try to tell them Romney works for the League of Shadows. That would be just about as believable.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:48   Link #5452
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I was reading an opinion piece on-line. And that article has an interesting hypothesis; That the GOP policies are so radical, so ridiculous, that they have become unbelievable.

What does that mean? It means when Dems try to explain to voters why the GOP will do bad things, their words would be dismissed for being too bizarre.

In short, voters are starting to think the Dems are lying, because factual attacks on Romney policies have become harder and harder to believe. "It can't be true, because he can't be that evil".

Much like saying "Romney can't possibly lie about his time with Bain Capital because he would get into legal trouble".

At this point, the message just isn't getting through. We might as well try to tell them Romney works for the League of Shadows. That would be just about as believable.
After being silent for so long... I have to say this... right here... is exactly what I was thinking.

Even if there was undeniable proof that Romney was truly a corporate robber barron ... the mass will find it hard to beleive... and the Dems would look like the bad guys for making these "shocking and outrageous claims"

It is gonna confuse the voting public and frustrate them.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:08   Link #5453
kyp275
Meh

Someone please explain to me how does idiots like this guy keep getting elected into office?

http://www.examiner.com/article/stev...ghts-advocates

“liberals have so devalued life, that a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then drop her off at the swing set and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

Really? not against the law? how stupid can you possibly be?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:42   Link #5454
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Why do they keep being elected ?
Because many keep voting for the party insted of the individual and this kind of discource seem to appeal to a fraction of the electors.
Old 2012-08-08, 15:44   Link #5455
Xagzan

To which Colbert had hysterical segment last night

Actually caused me to do a literal "ROFL" for the first time in ages (I was sitting on the floor during the segment, but the "glassy eyed man-puppies" remark put me on my back)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:15   Link #5456
Zetsubo
著述遮断

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAaa.... ohh... yeah... brilliant.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:21   Link #5457
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
After being silent for so long... I have to say this... right here... is exactly what I was thinking.

Even if there was undeniable proof that Romney was truly a corporate robber barron ... the mass will find it hard to beleive... and the Dems would look like the bad guys for making these "shocking and outrageous claims"

It is gonna confuse the voting public and frustrate them.
They sure seemed to believe Obama was not born in the US.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:23   Link #5458
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
They sure seemed to believe Obama was not born in the US.

Among other things.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:05   Link #5459
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Someone please explain to me how does idiots like this guy keep getting elected into office?

“liberals have so devalued life, that a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then drop her off at the swing set and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

It is people like him that are dragging down America. While he is being completely delusional, he is most likely blind to the evil and corruption of the GOP.

Don't get me wrong, many liberals and leftists are dragging down America, too, but I see more of the 'problem people' from the right.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:52   Link #5460
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

A nice display how two people can both be standing in the same room and only one sees purple fanged lizards crawling up his legs....

Naturally, he doesn't have the slightest clue what he is talking about... this is the new GOP == lynch mob inciters. Just make shit up.... "she turned me into a newt!!!!! ...... Um, it got better .... "

Tags
2012 elections, us elections