AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 10:15   Link #1881
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Didn't get to post anything in the office but just some thoughts on UW Arc ending.

Spoiler for LN Ending:

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2012-08-15 at 10:43.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:26   Link #1882
Ray
Garnet

I really can't say I like the ending, but that's because it's only the summary of it. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Spoiler for I think this is probably true:
Uh, no.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Accel World Volume 12 Relevation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:07   Link #1883
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Well from the current spoilers we can understands its very doubtful that their BL is actually their kid. I mean after all
Spoiler for Staby Staby:

Alicebot... reminds me of a creepy thing my friends brother showed me awhile back. Japan had a test demonstration; a working functional robot that almost looked human....
Old 2012-08-15, 13:44   Link #1884
Velsy

I just finished chapters 1 - 25 of the First Volume

my question is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-08-15 at 15:12.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:53   Link #1885
Clarste
Human

Volumes 2 and 8 are just sidestories, but the rest takes place after the game is cleared. Including Kirito finding Asuna in real life.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 16:35   Link #1886
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

I just realised something, Accel world is in the same time as SAO right? If so, at the end of SAO, there was talk about rights of A.I. right, so in AW humans should be living with A.I. right ?
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 16:40   Link #1887
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
I just realised something, Accel world is in the same time as SAO right? If so, at the end of SAO, there was talk about rights of A.I. right, so in AW humans should be living with A.I. right ?
There's enough for us to think that the same occur on the same timeline, but we can't know for sure. Author said that they're unrelated, too..
Old 2012-08-15, 16:53   Link #1888
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Nope at the current moment nobody knows if there in the same timeline or not. Its presumed that AW is in the same timeline as SAO but somewhere in the future. Because Kirito mentioned something about America testing out a new tech which sounded remotely familiar to a neurolinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
There's enough for us to think that the same occur on the same timeline, but we can't know for sure. Author said that they're unrelated, too..
Authors being a jerk. Like the director for code geass who said in a interview LELOUCH IS DEAD. <=LIES
Old 2012-08-15, 16:55   Link #1889
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
True they aren't related but I mean like in the state of the world they should be living with A.I, right?
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:08   Link #1890
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Authors being a jerk. Like the director for code geass who said in a interview LELOUCH IS DEAD. <=LIES
See, this is was exactly how Code Geass was spoiled for me. :P

Quote:
True they aren't related but I mean like in the state of the world they should be living with A.I, right?
Pretty much. It's easy enough to draw parallels between the two.
Old 2012-08-16, 00:46   Link #1891
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Wait, you mean he's not? >.> (Haven't paid much attention to Code Geass lately, only watched the two season of anime)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 01:07   Link #1892
animefan36
Another Anime Lover

Srry guys, im new to the series so i need a clarification, ummm... in volume 9 i still dont get if kirito is in the real world or not, im still very confused on this part?
animefan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 01:33   Link #1893
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan36 View Post
Srry guys, im new to the series so i need a clarification, ummm... in volume 9 i still dont get if kirito is in the real world or not, im still very confused on this part?
It's left ambiguous on purpose, but you can pretty easily deduce that they had to dive his full consciousness into the UW to keep him alive. (his heart even stopped if I recall)
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 06:58   Link #1894
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
It's left ambiguous on purpose, but you can pretty easily deduce that they had to dive his full consciousness into the UW to keep him alive. (his heart even stopped if I recall)
I assume they simply used the medicube or what they use to keep his body going. Remember that the basic idea is that the nervegear and later versions intercept our own signals to the body, but that also means that it has to generate it's own signals to keep the body breathing etc. So they used that to keep his body going after he was hurt. It's essenetially a highly advanced life support unit.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:12   Link #1895
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Even though the Alicization Arc was the last in the Web novels, what are the chances of Kawahara Sensei will continue the story of SAO after the Arc ends, I mean he did create a sort of space setting at the end of the arc.

I definitely want another volume like Mother's Rosario where we have Asuna taking the spotlight. By far one of my most enjoyable volumes. She has lots of potential as a character and her relationship with Kirito can be developed further using his relationship with the other female characters as foils.
Old 2012-08-16, 10:56   Link #1896
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Even though the Alicization Arc was the last in the Web novels, what are the chances of Kawahara Sensei will continue the story of SAO after the Arc ends, I mean he did create a sort of space setting at the end of the arc.

I definitely want another volume like Mother's Rosario where we have Asuna taking the spotlight. By far one of my most enjoyable volumes. She has lots of potential as a character and her relationship with Kirito can be developed further using his relationship with the other female characters as foils.
I'm not sure I'd want to see another Mother's Rosario style arc, but I agree there is a TON of content he could churn out with all the characters and settings that the author has developed.

Just "SAO" Arc 1 itself had plenty of possibilities, but maybe what made that arc so amazing and memorable is how much was built up and how directly it was all handled.. It made it truly feel like it was a whole world and we but caught a glimpse..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:54   Link #1897
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Reading the Baka Tsuki translations and I'm on to Fairy Cube.

I'm about ready to punch myself with a grammar dictionary. I can't speak for the author but I'm pretty sure he'd wonder what you're on about it you said the grammatical equivalent of "«News» arrived as I grabbed a change of clothes to take a bath."
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 18:19   Link #1898
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
Reading the Baka Tsuki translations and I'm on to Fairy Cube.

I'm about ready to punch myself with a grammar dictionary. I can't speak for the author but I'm pretty sure he'd wonder what you're on about it you said the grammatical equivalent of "«News» arrived as I grabbed a change of clothes to take a bath."
There are many translators who worked on that project and it's fairly obvious that a significant number of them are far from being sufficiently proficient in English grammar. But no one's stopping you from submitting corrections There's a fair amount that could be fixed easily even without understanding Japanese. Not that I would ever advise anyone to work on illegal translations. Really, don't do it (but then you can't really complain if someone else does a shoddy job).

Quote:

Right now it seems he's more into retconning SAO. At his announced pace of "one floor per year" (if I understood correctly from what others said about it - it may also be one volume per year, with each volume covering multiple floors) he's got his work cut out for him for the next... oh... 100 years or so. Well, actually only 98 years, since the first floor is complete (Aria) and the second well underway.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 18:21   Link #1899
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post

Right now it seems he's more into retconning SAO. At his announced pace of "one floor per year" (if I understood correctly from what others said about it - it may also be one volume per year, with each volume covering multiple floors) he's got his work cut out for him for the next... oh... 100 years or so. Well, actually only 98 years, since the first floor is complete (Aria) and the second well underway.
it should speed up once alicization is finish as he is rewriting both at the same time.
Old 2012-08-16, 18:52   Link #1900
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Wait, you mean he's not? >.> (Haven't paid much attention to Code Geass lately, only watched the two season of anime)
Its ambiguous like the ending to Cowboy Bebop. Oh one of the ova's for CG go released. Doesn't really legitly count as a third season although C.C. and Suzaku are suppose to make a appearance in the second ep.

I'd like to read a chapter about the war with laughing coffin already... I mean laughing coffin.. HOW CAN YOU BE ALMOST EVERYWHERE?!!

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality