AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-30, 10:19   Link #1501
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I think they got the eyes down, and that's the most important part
Yeah they got it right... no no no... they got it super duper right.

(Reference ftw)
Old 2012-08-30, 10:39   Link #1502
tsunade666

WoW!

I didn't expect this or rather they exceed my expectation. Now like what other said. I would like to see it move a.k.a. A pv Please.

I like what I'm seeing so far
Old 2012-08-30, 10:55   Link #1503
leokiko

Great designs! Just didn't like Kud's. Gotta manage to low my expectations though. I keep thinking "what if KyoAni was the one...", etc.
Old 2012-08-30, 11:08   Link #1504
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Be true with yourself, if you didn't know it was by J.C.Staff by now all of you would have said it was KyoAni~
Old 2012-08-30, 12:29   Link #1505
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Be true with yourself, if you didn't know it was by J.C.Staff by now all of you would have said it was KyoAni~
Considering the difference with the other adaptations, no. There are still large difference in term of shading, and the eyes. That said, it is a vast improvement compared to the first magazine scans etc.
At this point, it is rather a difference of style than really quality (compared to the first pictures, which were truly flat no matter how you looked at them), although wether they will keep the design consistent for the duration of the series with proper animation or not can't be considered yet without a -proper- trailer.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:29   Link #1506
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000
This is really good...not KyoAni quality....but really really good!
Being honest. I like even more than some Kyoani/Key designs in the past.
Rin's double page is amazing.
I'm stunned actually... and making me some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering the difference with the other adaptations, no. There are still large difference in term of shading, and the eyes. That said, it is a vast improvement compared to the first magazine scans etc.
At this point, it is rather a difference of style than really quality (compared to the first pictures, which were truly flat no matter how you looked at them), although wether they will keep the design consistent for the duration of the series with proper animation or not can't be considered yet without a -proper- trailer.
I wonder now, next to see guess those almost definitive character designs, if this shadow lacking, and flat patterns are on purpose. I think LB! at difference with other Key works in the past, it has quite more action than its predecessors. If Iizuka Haruko began to do some refined & infinitely detailed designs, the renderization of these could be a little hard without some kind of deformation.
When I think that JC staff is known as very poor in "consistency" departments, some middle ground designs could help a little at the rest of the Key animators to do things with a little more liberty and without losing that infamous consistency that Kyoani for example tends to not lose. (I suppose the reasons are clear at this point, so is pointless to deepen on it). Kyoani until now, in recent years the only show with considerably action they have made is Nichijou, but its concept art base is really cartoonish so I don't think serves as a fair comparative. Chu2byo could be better, but not even begins and if you press me, could say that its designs are simplified a little in contrast with Hyouka, K-on! or other less-action shows of the studio

So...
I'm not trying to be devil's advocate but just trying to explaning (to me more than anything xD) why the tremendous diference between past designs and those. I really really love them, must say.

Point apart are backgrounds and screenplay departments, of course, but we'll not know until they delivered other PV.

I feel very optimistic right now

pd: Sry if the english is weird at some parts xD.

Last edited by Serphirs; 2012-08-30 at 14:04.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:57   Link #1507
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, I still don't like the redesigns, but they're definitely a lot better than that first image of Riki and the girls and what we got in that damned PV.
Of course, as people have said, this means nothing if they don't look good in motion.
Old 2012-08-30, 15:51   Link #1508
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Somehow, for me, Haruka design looks best. It's great that the design is much developed compared to the first PV.

Hope, they will create at least a 3rd PV for us before October
I agree. Haruka looks really good in these. Rin+Komari also look quite good.
Old 2012-08-30, 16:28   Link #1509
Serphirs

Here you've the comparison chart

Must say, Komari looks less retarded.
In general, they lack of that DERP~ish Key influence. xd

And a bonus track.

Spoiler for Design:

Last edited by Serphirs; 2012-08-30 at 19:57.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:25   Link #1510
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

that's some nice design, but about Yui, hmm dunno, right now having conflicting feelings about her, she looks pretty nice, but dunno
Old 2012-08-30, 17:43   Link #1511
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Here you've the comparison chart

Must say, Komari looks less retard.

And a bonus track.

Spoiler for Design:
I actually like the designs; especially to Komari, Haruka, and Yuiko. I'm not knocking Itaru Hinoues originally designs, but the huge eyes on Komari and Haruka kinda of bothered me. Prefer Na-Gas' style the best (Rin, Mio, Kud, and Sasami).

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jmac; 2012-08-30 at 17:55.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:36   Link #1512
Kamiorika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Spoiler:
That was the first PV they released wayyyyy back in March. And yes, the girl is Saya.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:33   Link #1513
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
It's because they don't have Hinoue's designs, instead leaning more towards Na-Ga's. I'm not a big fan of her myself, so this is a good change for me .
Old 2012-08-30, 20:08   Link #1514
matrixhazard

Quote:
If Kyoani was doing it, it should be something like this (I believe most of you used to see this image anyway)

Quote:
And a bonus track.

Spoiler for Design:
OMG, I expect it to be Avatar of Yurippe-Sama's design
Old 2012-08-30, 21:36   Link #1515
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Overall the designs are pretty good. Though, Yuiko's design looks quite terrible imo, the transition hardly looks like her if it were not for the colouring. Komari and Kud are a bit off too.

Quote:
Must say, Komari looks less retarded.
Mhhmm yeah kay lets not go there, her style is not generic and can easily be set apart from other anime/ manga designs out there. As of now her anime designs have turned to look generic and not at all original. You don't have to be a fan but please don't say anyone looks retarded
Old 2012-08-30, 21:46   Link #1516
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well well, the opinions now drastically changed for the better.

In any case, we're getting closer and closer each day. It seems just yesterday when LB! was announced... Brings a tear to my eye.

Let's pull through this guys, Be it horrible or a great anime, let's say that we all love Little Busters!

At least I do, and a bad anime will only be a small drop of bad in an ocean of greatness from Jun Maeda and Key.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-08-30, 22:17   Link #1517
OPN

I think they a look great especcily rin! Infact i think i like them more then the visual novels art well except kurugayas. Does anyone have a clean version of the page spread of rin? i kinda want that as a avi now <------ rin fanboy.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:30   Link #1518
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiorika View Post
That was the first PV they released wayyyyy back in March. And yes, the girl is Saya.
Oh, my bad I didn't have my pc at the time so I'm behind on most stuff. Thanks anyway :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's because they don't have Hinoue's designs, instead leaning more towards Na-Ga's. I'm not a big fan of her myself, so this is a good change for me .
Wait a minute, Hinoue is a woman? Didn't know that, learned something new today
Old 2012-08-30, 22:45   Link #1519
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

people had made a great argument, i do prefer these designs to the ones kyoani got married with.
Old 2012-08-30, 23:24   Link #1520
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
I actually like the designs; especially to Komari, Haruka, and Yuiko. I'm not knocking Itaru Hinoues originally designs, but the huge eyes on Komari and Haruka kinda of bothered me. Prefer Na-Gas' style the best (Rin, Mio, Kud, and Sasami).
Exactly my thoughts. I'm reading VN now and really like designs only of whose four. But as my favorite girl is Haruka i felt pity about her design in VN. This one looks better.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters