Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 18:29   Link #461
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Anyway episode 3 of Forward onto dawn was pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing the chef kick some covy ass though its a shame it isn't Steve Downes doing the voice over.
...It is Steve Downes doing the voice over?
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 07:16   Link #462
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
One thing that bugs me about what they've shown is the aftermath of the augmentation process. I know they wanted to depict the gruesome nature of what makes a Spartan, but you'd think that 500 years into the future they'd have better scar-healing techniques than that. Y'know, subtle lines and indentations like the augmented Adam in Deus Ex 3 rather than something that's so in-your-face.
Considering that about half of the SII candidates died during surgery, I don't think the doctors were going to be wasting time on cosmetic scar damage. At least not yet. Surgical scars are something that can be repaired later. Not hours immediately after surgery.

Quote:
Anyway episode 3 of Forward onto dawn was pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing the chef kick some covy ass though its a shame it isn't Steve Downes doing the voice over.
Keep in mind that Master Chief is still a teenager in this time period. He was only 14 when the Human/Covenant war started (not that anybody looking at the 7 foot armored juggernaut would realize). This might be a couple years after Harvest, but Master Chief is still definitely a teenager. So it wouldn't be unusual for him not to sound like the salty biologically 35-38 veteran whose experienced 20 years of combat.

Just hope it's better than young chiefs voice in Halo Legends the Package...but so far Forward Unto Dawn has been greatly exceeding my expectations.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 08:42   Link #463
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Really =s ?

It didn't really sound like him in the trailer snippets thus far.

I had looked on IMDB before after the first trailer was released and I didn't see him listed there then but maybe it is him, I just figured it was Daniel Cudmore.

I know it might not make sense age wise but the chiefs voice is pretty recognizable to most and it would be odd if he sounded different at least to me anyway =D

Last edited by Drake; 2012-10-20 at 13:33.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 10:21   Link #464
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I know it might not make sense age wise but the chefs voice is pretty recognizable to most and it would be odd if he sounded different at least to me anyway =D
As I said before. Master Chief is probably 15-17 in this. About the same age as the cadets. It wouldn't make sense for him to sound exactly like he did 20 biological years later.
Old 2012-10-20, 21:06   Link #465
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
As I said before. Master Chief is probably 15-17 in this. About the same age as the cadets. It wouldn't make sense for him to sound exactly like he did 20 biological years later.
True, Cryo-chambers is said to slow cell activity to the point of no movement at all. Hence the nickname "the freezer". At best, active Spartans may have not even reach their 30's since they are in Cryosleep majority of the time.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:12   Link #466
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
True, Cryo-chambers is said to slow cell activity to the point of no movement at all. Hence the nickname "the freezer". At best, active Spartans may have not even reach their 30's since they are in Cryosleep majority of the time.
Yeaaaaah, that doesn't seem very likely given that when Chief wakes up in Halo CE, he very much as a mature and raspy Clint Eastwood voice going on.

Biologically speaking I'd peg most of the Spartan II's as being in their mid 30's. Or about 5-6 years younger than their chronological age due to cryo sleep.
Old 2012-10-20, 21:20   Link #467
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Yeaaaaah, that doesn't seem very likely given that when Chief wakes up in Halo CE, he very much as a mature and raspy Clint Eastwood voice going on.

Biologically speaking I'd peg most of the Spartan II's as being in their mid 30's. Or about 5-6 years younger than their chronological age due to cryo sleep.
Its up to debate, the books said Spartans are majority of the time in Cryosleep but nothing specific. It our buddy John 117 wasn't in Cryosleep majority of the time he be in his late 40's. So I am talking a guess with that, but all theory of course.

Well enough about that, here is the latest buzz on the launch trailer. Many reports saying the female who walked through the door at 0:59 is Linda due to the red hair.
Old 2012-10-20, 21:59   Link #468
Helius

Quote:
Its up to debate, the books said Spartans are majority of the time in Cryosleep but nothing specific. It our buddy John 117 wasn't in Cryosleep majority of the time he be in his late 40's. So I am talking a guess with that, but all theory of course.
Nah the Chief was born in around 2511, that'd make him in his early-mid 40s at most.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 22:01   Link #469
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Nah the Chief was born in around 2511, that'd make him in his early-mid 40s at most.
Chronologically Master Chief is 46. But due to time in cryo sleep (including the 3-4 years between Halo 3-4) he's likely to be biologically closer to his mid 30's.
Old 2012-10-20, 22:05   Link #470
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
True that was the time during the end of the Human-Covenant War that ended on 2553. It is either 2510 or 2511 when John was born, so at the end of the Human-Covenant War. Due to a leak of information elsewhere, Halo 4 takes place 4 years after Halo 3 which is 2557. That would make John either 46 or 47.
Old 2012-10-21, 18:44   Link #471
Helius

Now this is more like it.

Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:04   Link #472
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

This was posted since the 15 of this month and haven't seen it here.
It's a gamestop ad. done by three employes from Rooster Teeth, Kerry, Miles and Kyle.

ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 13:52   Link #473
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Now this is more like it.

Ya know, I don't consider myself a hardcore Halo fan. I'm a moderate fun. The games are fun, and the lore is very cool. Not to mention that I love the mechanics. The Hornet? Scorpion? SPARTANS, etc, all fantastic work.

With Forward Unto Dawn, the Jada Toys Hornet, and Halo 4 looking excellent, I think my cross to becoming a more serious fan is coming, quickly.

Going by all the praise FUD is getting, I can see it spawning either a much longer webseries, or an actual TV show in the future.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 15:44   Link #474
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Going by all the praise FUD is getting, I can see it spawning either a much longer webseries, or an actual TV show in the future.
That'd actually be pretty cool.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:54   Link #475
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

A Red vs Blue PSA video by the guys over at Rooster Teeth.

ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:05   Link #476
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

new trailer.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-23, 22:29   Link #477
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder if the Assault Rifle will be useful this time around, its already looking like predominately the weapon you start off the most in the game.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:35   Link #478
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
I wonder if the Assault Rifle will be useful this time around, its already looking like predominately the weapon you start off the most in the game.
I think it is a lot stronger now.
Old 2012-10-24, 06:01   Link #479
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I certainly hope so. It always becomes rather noticeable in late game for much of Halo's campaign that the automatic non head shot weapon often becomes effectively useless.
Old 2012-10-24, 07:15   Link #480
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I certainly hope so. It always becomes rather noticeable in late game for much of Halo's campaign that the automatic non head shot weapon often becomes effectively useless.
You know, in all the Halo games I played except for 2 since they didn't have the Assault Rifle, I have used the Assault Rifle all the time in Legendary. It is really hard to beat it with just the Assault Rifle, Elites and Brutes take like 2 whole magazines.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117